• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Ok so I have all the items for the ultima weapon now but it doesn't show up on the synthesis list. Is there something I missed?

You need to synthesize all other items you see in the moogle list. After you have synthesized 30 different items you get access to Ultima Weapon, Fantasista and Seven Elements.

Sweet, Never experimented with the Disney world companions. Might give them a shot this time around.

I never do since you can't use trinities with them (with the exeption when I once used Tarzan to help with Clayton since he can heal).

In KH2 I always use guest party members since there is no reason not to (well unless you want access to both Valor and Wisdom form at the same time) and it's fun to use their exclusive limits.

Carbonox

1 item left to synthesize and then it's time to do the ultimate weapons. Wooooooooo.

Btw what's the easiest level 3 Gummi mission? Just in advance for when I go for that trophy.

1 item left to synthesize and then it's time to do the ultimate weapons. Wooooooooo.

Btw what's the easiest level 3 Gummi mission? Just in advance for when I go for that trophy.

Ton of them are easy. I don't even remember what they were but I certainly didn't have any problems with the starting worlds lvl 3 missions.

Its really a shame that the Days movie redubbed the few lines that Christopher Lee had in Days. I went back and was listening to Ansem the Wise' dialogue from Kingdom Hearts II, and its really amazing how poor of an imitation Corey Burton is. He voices too many characters in KH as is, and you can definitely tell when it's him imitating Lee. I definitely understand not being able to get Lee for new games since he is 91 and lives in England, but they shouldn't have gotten rid of his lines when there was no need to.

Thorgal

Beat Sephiroth for the first time -> game freezes before I save.

Fortunately I'm way overleveled for this fight, but damn.

You think thats bad ?

Try playing the game on a phat PS3 back in 2008 and managing to do everything in the game and almost beat the final boss on proud mode and then YLOD happened .

My moment of Glory . denied =(

Carbonox

yooooooooooooooooooooooooo you need to beat every Gummi mission to get the new Final Mix blueprints? Fuck that. That's just ruined my day.

Jeels

yooooooooooooooooooooooooo you need to beat every Gummi mission to get the new Final Mix blueprints? Fuck that. That's just ruined my day.

Ya I'm saving that for an easy mode playthrough. The gummis are supposed to do twice the damage and sustain half the damage or something.

Andrefpvs

That extra scene they added at the end
after you close the door
was a nice touch. Should have been in the original.

Seda

Ya I'm saving that for an easy mode playthrough. The gummis are supposed to do twice the damage and sustain half the damage or something.

Yeah but you'll have to kill 5000 heartless too. I had to spend an hour or two just murdering those things because I rushed through on the speedrun not killing many.

Holmes

Six levels gained between my three characters during the second Ursula battle on Beginner. I guess now my not skipping Atlantica is justified.

If you miss getting the red trinity mark at the bottom of Oogie's house before you break it down... that's it isn't it? No chance of filling up the journal?

If you miss getting the red trinity mark at the bottom of Oogie's house before you break it down... that's it isn't it? No chance of filling up the journal?

That Trinity Mark was moved in Final Mix (and by extension, 1.5) so that it wouldn't be permanently missable. It's on one of the gates at the bottom of where Oogie's manor is/was. It's there even after beating Oogie.

Any tips for Ursula 2.0? I think I am underleveled.

*Distracted by avatar*

Cough anyways just go above her head and use the fast swim to get away when she uses her huge AOE thunder spell. When she tries to swallow you press triangle to make your sidekicks attack her and have her swallow them instead.

Best advice I can offer. Good luck.

Also Stealth Sneak is a piece of shit. It has invincibility frames when it has like 1 life left for no reason!

Any tips for Ursula 2.0? I think I am underleveled.
What's your level? I beat her earlier today at 34 while wearing a Thundaga ring to help with those annoying lightning strikes. Whacking at her between the electric strikes and getting behind her head was pretty much my strategy in that fight, plus keeping my MP up for healing.

Andrin

So, I decided to take a break from my Final Mix run and go through Days. I was rather saddened that they glossed over so many of the other members of the Organization (not to mention the changes in voice acting.
Xaldin, what have they done to you? :(
), but then that was one of the bigger problems with the actual game for me too. I had also forgotten just how much I dislike Xion. She's practically oozing "generic fanfic Mary-Sue" in most of the scenes she's in.
And then I get to the ending...
Right in the feels...

"Who else will I have ice-cream with!?" How can a line so cheesy be sad? Stop making me feel for the Mary-Sue darnit!
It could be because of the nature of Nobodies, or just Roxas' story in general, but that innocent line feels somehow more genuine than a lot of the "emotional" scenes I've seen in games lately.
Though cutting the preceding scene off right in the middle of Vector to the Heavens should be criminal.

As for Final Mix itself I've found it to be a fun challenge so far. I like the tweaked balance and the added features but I got a brutal reminder of how frustrating some battles could get before you unlock Second Chance. And I had forgotten how fantastic Hollow Bastion's design was. The fairytale castle mixed with the steampunk machinery, the enemy design, the over the top dimension of things.. And that music! It all just fit so well with the theme of the game.

Jeels

All synthesis complete. :) Thank god. But now my characters are so uber powered haha, I'm sure the rest of the fights will be a breeze.

Yeah but you'll have to kill 5000 heartless too. I had to spend an hour or two just murdering those things because I rushed through on the speedrun not killing many.

Good point, is there a way to check how many kills you already have racked up? I might choose not to...

Edit: I see it's not ships. I'm sure I arleady have way beyond 5000 heartless. Thanks.

Heartless to get the final blueprint from Gepetto I think.

Personally I didn't think the missions were that bad on proud. Few were challenging but nothing really frustrating.

Any tips/guide on making a gummi ship thats good enough for all the missions?

Final Mix 100% completion experts: Is there any item farming that's easier to do before the post-Riku II Heartless upgrade? Any specific farming I should make sure to do before that?

Seda

Final Mix 100% completion experts: Is there any item farming that's easier to do before the post-Riku II Heartless upgrade? Any specific farming I should make sure to do before that?

Power Stones from Sniper Wilds
Blaze Stones from Chimeras
Mythril Stones from Pot Scorpion
Fury Stones from Gigant Shadows <-- this one especially

Blizzard Stones from the Giant Search ghost in Monstro and the item from Black Ballade (forget what it is) doesnt really matter when you get them due to the method to defeat those guys. Same goes for the item from the giant Truffle enemy.

Dazzling Stones from the Tank enemy on Hook's ship is actually easier afterwards due to Aeroga

Christopher

What do I do if I see a Pink Monkey?

Secondly I cast stop on three white mushrooms and a HUGE one appeared but dropped potions WTF!?

Also there was a ghost who I couldn't attack nor put magic on...

Kingdom Hearts 2 wasn't nearly as tedious for the Ultima Weapons...

What do I do if I see a Pink Monkey?

Secondly I cast stop on three white mushrooms and a HUGE one appeared but dropped potions WTF!?

Also there was a ghost who I couldn't attack nor put magic on...

Kingdom Hearts 2 wasn't nearly as tedious for the Ultima Weapons...

You need to use the spell Stop or its higher forms to freeze them. You also need to use the sides to make sure they don't see you until you are on top of them.

BTW bail out after you get the power stone. They keep spawning and will eventually see you which makes getting EXP and items impossible.

You need 40 hits or more to get items from the huge mushroom. Use Stopga plus Aeroga and ground combos or Ragnarok with an air combo.

For the ghost just give him a MegaElixar which insta kills him and drops you 3 Frost Stones.

It's been over a decade, and I still have no idea how to upgrade the gummiship. The gummiship in general is the biggest blotch on this game, otherwise I'm really enjoying replaying it.

botty

Banned
I had also forgotten just how much I dislike Xion. She's practically oozing "generic fanfic Mary-Sue" in most of the scenes she's in.
And then I get to the ending...
Right in the feels...

"Who else will I have ice-cream with!?" How can a line so cheesy be sad? Stop making me feel for the Mary-Sue darnit!
It could be because of the nature of Nobodies, or just Roxas' story in general, but that innocent line feels somehow more genuine than a lot of the "emotional" scenes I've seen in games lately.
Though cutting the preceding scene off right in the middle of Vector to the Heavens should be criminal.

Hmm... wouldn't really call Xion a mary sue. I suspect she's just an extension of the ideas Nomura had with Pinnocchio in Kingdom Hearts 1. I mean, what even is a Mary Sue in conventional terms anymore? Seems like a cheap label, especially for a character that holds so much weight.

bryt

Finla Mix platinum get! Took 65 hours in total. Enjoyed every bit of this wonderful game (even the gummi missions).

Now to play CoM or GTAV next... decisions.

When she tries to swallow you press triangle to make your sidekicks attack her and have her swallow them instead.
WTF. You can do that? Holy shit. I've never known about this.

I created a Google document that has all the synthesis materials you need and best way to get them, I hope the OP gets updated with this link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CmgiTZFvr1tyHpl758wkCxmVW_QIJhttetS_-He1Tsk/edit?usp=sharing

If you could add locations, that'd be awesome. Gonna use this when I start to do clean up.

Dragon Malificent
taken down fairly easily. I squandered Tink towards the end of the fight because I was getting cocky.

Stupid
anti-sora
. Kept spamming his ground-up slash for 30 seconds straight, it was infuriating.

Yeah. I've had that happen too much. I find that battles are like 50% skill and 50% luck.

Footos22

What's the best way to go about platinuming fianl mix. I finished this game about 10 times when it came out back in the day. 100% beginner. Speed run normal then finish proud?

Andrin

Hmm... wouldn't really call Xion a mary sue. I suspect she's just an extension of the ideas Nomura had with Pinnocchio in Kingdom Hearts 1. I mean, what even is a Mary Sue in conventional terms anymore? Seems like a cheap label, especially for a character that holds so much weight.

I think it's the whole "I'm a special girl who can use the keyblade and join the Organization to become best friends with Roxas and Axel" part of it that bothers me. At the surface level that really does sound like a bad fanfic. I agree on the general importance of her character to the story, but it takes soo long to get to those relevant parts that the game really soured me on the character.

It didn't help that I found the whole plot involving her to be ridiculously stupid. You want control over Sora's powers with the Keyblade? Why not simply treat his Nobody that you already have on your side a little better and convince/brainwash him into utter loyalty to you? Granted some of the extra scenes in the "movie" explains it a bit better.

Top Bottom