• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Andrefpvs

Got everything in Final Mix, only missing the Defender shield and the Wizard's staff.

What do I do now? Just farm kills until they drop? Because I've killed 445 Wizards and 311 Defenders and nothing so far. Where's the best place to farm them, anyway?

This doesn't bode well for BBS.

BBS's levels are far more straightforward than KH1's (for better or for worse, the level design is about being a combat game, not about being an exploration game) and it's better about not having enemies attack you from offscreen, IIRC. I don't think it'll be much of a problem, personally.

Got everything in Final Mix, only missing the Defender shield and the Wizard's staff.

What do I do now? Just farm kills until they drop? Because I've killed 445 Wizards and 311 Defenders and nothing so far. Where's the best place to farm them, anyway?

I farmed them in Traverse Town Hotel hallway. Equip encounter up and just go back and fourth to one of the hotel rooms once you have killed em.

Remember to equip all 3 Lucky Strikes!

Carbonox

Only spell art I need for one of gooby's weapons is the Stop one. I see there are two places you can get this (the ones that result in the Pink Agaricus appearing do not count) - End of the World (but they use every spell request so glhf with that) and Atlantica. Where are the ones in Atlantica that can give you the Stop Art? I know the underwater cave is where they appear for Pink Agaricus but obviously as they do not count for the Art, there must be another place where they appear.

Holmes

Only spell art I need for one of gooby's weapons is the Stop one. I see there are two places you can get this (the ones that result in the Pink Agaricus appearing do not count) - End of the World (but they use every spell request so glhf with that) and Atlantica. Where are the ones in Atlantica that can give you the Stop Art? I know the underwater cave is where they appear for Pink Agaricus but obviously as they do not count for the Art, there must be another place where they appear.
Sunken ship.

Alright, I just realized one thing from other threads. I'm pretty sure that Lightning definitely will be in KH3.

Well at that point you'd think the biggest hate wave is over. Noctis will be there too I bet.

I certainly am not a big fan of Lightning but I do think she definately deserves a cameo in KH3.

Think of the positives guys! If you hate Lightning you probably get to beat her up lol.

If not, more Lightning for you to love. I personally like her and would love to see her interact with Cloud like Leon did in KH 2.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well at that point you'd think the biggest hate wave is over. Noctis will be there too I bet.

I certainly am not a big fan of Lightning but I do think she definately deserves a cameo in KH3.

I don't have any feeling for Lightning yet since I haven't really make any progress with her game yet. I remembered that I was disappointed that Lightning didn't get in Final Fantasy Dissiada but they remedied that for sequel.

sn00zer

I wonder if any returning Square character in KH3 will be older now....like teenage Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, and 40-something Cloud and Squall

Bukana

Noctis might be fine but L is hopefully just an NPC in some town that has a line or two!

Yes! I beat
Riku II
. With a combination of MP Rage and MP Haste, I was able to completely and constantly heal myself after every hit and that one little MP would refill almost instantly.

I've never been more satisfied beating a boss. Holy crap.

I farmed them in Traverse Town Hotel hallway. Equip encounter up and just go back and fourth to one of the hotel rooms once you have killed em.

Remember to equip all 3 Lucky Strikes!

Did they spawn there on the original KH?!
I tried fighting a load in
Hollow Bastion
I think it was, before giving up.

Maybe if KH3 was coming in the next 12 months we'd have to worry about Lightning, but by the time it does come out LR will have bombed Toriyama into mobile hell, while Nomura will have ascended to the heavens on the songs of praise for FFXV and can tell them to stuff their effin' Lightning.

Or he'll take Lightning and make her a far better character than Toriyama ever could.

Step

If there are FFXIII chars on KHIII I hope Sazh is there, he is the best character.

Thanks for the info about the gummy blocks, no wonder I wasn't hitting anything, 3/4 of my cannons were thundara.

Vashetti

Banned
I wouldn't mind Lightning as a secret boss in KH3 if she had her FFXIII-2 appearance:

lightning_ffxiii_2_by_pablov1994-d4ed0od.png

peronmls

It's crazy how they can just 'lose' one of their most important titles.
Dude you gotta realize that most deva don't keep it because they never thought they would have to use it again. The was slno such thing as hd collections back then. This normal. Most deva don't keep the source code.

Carbonox

I wonder if any returning Square character in KH3 will be older now....like teenage Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, and 40-something Cloud and Squall

This would be cool as well. In terms of returning side characters, Cloud, Sephiroth and Squall are all a must IMO. They've become staple FF side characters for the KH series and I quite like them anyway.

Lightning appearing is a given in KH3, so I hope it's implemented well. I'm hoping she appears in her default LR outfit since it looks very Xehanort-ish, which could add some nice comic-relief.

I can see it now...Sora sees Lightning from far away and mistakes her Xehanort, then hilarity ensures.

00.jpg

Andrefpvs

Well damn.
That makes getting those 2 weapons ten times easier to get.

If it makes you feel better, I've been at it in Traverse Town for 3 hours and nothing yet.

Edit: Aaaaand complaining on GAF then returning to the game works once again. Just got the Defender. I think I'm gonna try somewhere else for the Wizard's staff, since now I have to defeat 3 Defenders to get them to spawn.

Ehh... maybe. Nomura prefers to use FF characters that he himself designed (the sole exception being Vivi - he did design Setzer for FFVI), and Lightning hasn't been that way since her original FFXIII appearance.

I think Noctis is far, far more likely, especially because they'll want to keep promoting whichever sequels/spinoffs Final Fantasy XV gets, and because he's going to be far closer to Nomura's heart (and those of the KH team, assuming that once XV is done a bunch of people move over to helping out on KH3).

I think Noctis is far, far more likely, especially because they'll want to keep promoting whichever sequels/spinoffs Final Fantasy XV gets, and because he's going to be far closer to Nomura's heart (and those of the KH team, assuming that once XV is done a bunch of people move over to helping out on KH3).

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Jeels

What the fudge. I'm doing Atlantica gummi missions. How do I get Montro to NOT appear. It's messing up my missions when I need to arrive in Atlantica. I've been told its random, is that true?

entremet

Should I get this game? I hated what I remembered of KH1 on the PS2, janky camera, garbage platforming, and brain dead AI characters, but I loved, loved, BBS.

Finalow

Why does the OP say to pick the staff (I chose the sword.)
the shield is the best way to go if you want to make the game easier, you get leaf bracer and second chance (aka immortality) a lot earlier than the rest.
not sure about the staff, it might be the worst.

why the hell are you dressed like that, lol.

Man, you guys weren't kidding, Jafar WAS real easy. Damn.
yup.

so, am I supposed to fight Ursula (not there yet, just started the world) in the shitty water? Uugh.

What the fudge. I'm doing Atlantica gummi missions. How do I get Montro to NOT appear. It's messing up my missions when I need to arrive in Atlantica. I've been told its random, is that true?

Yup, it's totally random tho if you encounter Monstro he should never appear again on the next try IIRC.

Should I get this game? I hated what I remembered of KH1 on the PS2, janky camera, garbage platforming, and brain dead AI characters, but I loved, loved, BBS.

If you hate KH1 then I don't see much reason to get it unless you really want to try Re:CoM out.

Groof

Built the strangest Gummi ship earlier out of boredom. Are the V-type cannons (Thundaga-G?) rotatable so they shoot up and down instead of left and right?

Andrefpvs

I'm all ready for my Proud playthrough :D

Any tips from those who've done it? Apart from starting with the shield (and dropping the staff?)

Carbonox

Any tips from those who've done it? Apart from starting with the shield (and dropping the staff?)

That's pretty much it. :lol

I personally grinded to level 20 on Destiny Islands so I could have a headstart though that balances out as you get further in. As long you have Second Chance/Leaf Bracer before the end, you'll be fine. Preferably before Hollow Bastion that is.

Never drop the staff.

I dunno, Proud isn't THAT bad. Just the same stuff as in standard but you'll want to take less hits I guess. Dodge is more important.

Andrefpvs

Never drop the staff.

I dunno, Proud isn't THAT bad. Just the same stuff as in standard but you'll want to take less hits I guess. Dodge is more important.

The reason I'm not sure if I want to drop the sword is I'm afraid everything will take forever to kill, especially bosses. Magic was great in Standard, but it never did much damage to bosses.

Oh okay. AP is pretty important as well. I'll have to think this through.

By the way, is it okay to skip worlds, or do I risk being way too underleveled?

You could probably do without Atlantica and a majority of Olympus, but I'd recommend at least doing Monstro.

Oh, wait, this is for a Proud Run? Yeah, do everything except 100 Acre Woods.

Finalow

well, those are some of the problems of the game but still you're going to like it if you enjoyed the "classic" atmosphere of KH games.

Andrefpvs

Okay, thanks everyone! Proud shouldn't be too hard, I'm confident in my skills :)

Can't wait to get that Tinker Bell though. Game might as well be beaten by that point.

Top Bottom