• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

well, those are some of the problems of the game but still you're going to like it if you enjoyed the "classic" atmosphere of KH games.

why not? :u I'm pretty sure I did.

I personally can deal with doing few more hits with the keyblade but I already get frustrated enough juggling with abilities without having even less. Well it's not like there is any one right answer to that.

Finalow

I personally can deal with doing few more hits with the keyblade but I already get frustrated enough juggling with abilities without having even less. Well it's not like there is any one right answer to that.
no I meant that I had no idea what was the difference between dropping the staff or not. I edited since I saw your post about losing AP.
anyhow even if I know this now I'd choose to drop the staff again, not having any problems with this lack of additional AP.

Holmes

White Mushrooms are probably the worst. They do the action you want twice, then everything else a hundred times until they disappear.

Just how bad is a level 1 run on this?
Didn't get too far on BBS's, but it was a fun challenge. Is this the same or does it border on brutal?

Haven't tried it myself yet but equipping the ability at lvl 1 does grant some defensive and offensive bonuses to balance it out somewhat since KH1 wasn't designed around lvl 1 runs at all unlike KH2 that had the bonus levels (and clearer combat) to balance it out.

I'll definately take LVL 1 trophy in KH2 over difficulty not stacking again and 4 playthroughs needed.

Haven't tried it myself yet but equipping the ability at lvl 1 does grant some defensive and offensive bonuses to balance it out somewhat since KH1 wasn't designed around lvl 1 runs at all unlike KH2 that had the bonus levels (and clearer combat) to balance it out.

I'll definately take LVL 1 trophy in KH2 over difficulty not stacking again and 4 playthroughs needed.

Does equipping it at higher levels than that also grant those same bonuses?

Does equipping it at higher levels than that also grant those same bonuses?

I really don't think so. I can't try it right now with Sephy in my proud save but I'm pretty sure it's confirmed not to work. Not sure if the effect is off right at lvl 2 or if it scales.

Atlantica mission 3, tips? How the hell do I get 240 points iwthout an item dropping in my way. Stupid mission.
Small ship is your best bet.

Jeels

I really don't think so. I can't try it right now with Sephy in my proud save but I'm pretty sure it's confirmed not to work. Not sure if the effect is off right at lvl 2 or if it scales.

Small ship is your best bet.

All I have it the cockpit, slowest engine, two shields, and two guns. Still when there are hundreds of enemies on screen and my goal is to kill enemies or objects for points, I'm bound to pick up an item.

That and I never even survive long enough as some objects I don't watn to shoot at all or their items will be in my path forward. However, if I don't shoot them my only other option is to run right into them, and then I eventually die. It's a catch 22.

Back in the japanese release people would say that EXP Zero is a last resort to fight a difficult boss, so it probably does.

That would certainly be interesting. I do wonder how it scales then or if it does at all. If it doesn't it would be OP on the first few bosses at least.

I wish I could test it right now :lol

May have to give it a shot at least.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ive been hearing about this game alot but i have no idea what sort of style this game is or in general much about it, could anyone fill me in on why so many people love it ? and maybe sell me on getting ?

bryt

All I have it the cockpit, slowest engine, two shields, and two guns. Still when there are hundreds of enemies on screen and my goal is to kill enemies or objects for points, I'm bound to pick up an item.

That and I never even survive long enough as some objects I don't watn to shoot at all or their items will be in my path forward. However, if I don't shoot them my only other option is to run right into them, and then I eventually die. It's a catch 22.

Brake often, use a small ship that can transform. The best part to get points is the area after you warp if you're going from Deep Jungle --> Atlantica. I had around 100 points before taking the warp and ended up with 260+ by the time the first area with a bunch of enemies and asteroids was over. When you get to the score required transform your small ship into a big defensive one so you can survive the rest of the level. And if you have Monstro in this route, pray that he doesn't show up. I needed to get the 260 required points 5 times before Monstro would let me get to Atlantica.

Roubjon

So today I blew through the end of Wonderland, The Colosseum, Deep Jungle, and Traverse town. Proud Mode is a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I just do so much damage with the Keyblade that everything goes down within 3 hits. I'm absolutely loving it though. I can definitely tell I'm just better at games than I was since the last time I played it. It's probably all that Monster Hunter, lol.

I also ran into a new Heartless in Deep Jungle, which was freaking awesome.

So today I blew through the end of Wonderland, The Colosseum, Deep Jungle, and Traverse town. Proud Mode is a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I just do so much damage with the Keyblade that everything goes down within 3 hits. I'm absolutely loving it though. I can definitely tell I'm just better at games than I was since the last time I played it. It's probably all that Monster Hunter, lol.

Sounds like we're playing different games. I get one shot every so often and it doesn't help it's off screen. Such a nuisance of a camera system. Had an easier time with Critial mode on BbS.

Just got to the last Behemoth after the devil thing. Died on the waves that followed. Bambi... he let me down man. Have to redo that all again

Well, I went back and played Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix again to alleviate a small portion of the disappointment that I feel after TGS. Such a shame that it wasn't officially announced in 2.5 yet.

omg I just noticed they removed Selphie's _______!

I'm ashamed to admit I checked it out too for old times sake :lol.

Well, I went back and played Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix again to alleviate a small portion of the disappointment that I feel after TGS. Such a shame that it wasn't officially announced in 2.5 yet.
All hopes for next month. Not long at all for D23. If it doesn't appear there then I start to worry. After that there is only Jump Festa this year and that would be dissapointingly late.

Holmes

Sounds like we're playing different games. I get one shot every so often and it doesn't help it's off screen. Such a nuisance of a camera system. Had an easier time with Critial mode on BbS.

Just got to the last Behemoth after the devil thing. Died on the waves that followed. Bambi... he let me down man. Have to redo that all again
You picked Shield right?

ive been hearing about this game alot but i have no idea what sort of style this game is or in general much about it, could anyone fill me in on why so many people love it ? and maybe sell me on getting ?

Well short answer is it's action RPG cross over game that combines Disney and Square Enix. Disney elements have a BIG role and the game has tons of Disney characters and references. Square side has Final Fantasy cameos but on much lesser importance than the Disney content but the game has very Square feel to it. It almost plays like a Final Fantasy spinoff with familiar elements like spells right from the FF games, summons and of course other RPG elements.

It's just overall very charming game. The negatives being it's from that clunky PS2 era and the camera isn't nearly as good as it should be. If you are a fan of (old) Disney or Square (or best yet, both) you should definately check it out.
What's this Selphie thing? Missing dialogue?

C'mon dude... ya know!

her panties

Roubjon

Staff. Never again. Think I chose sword or shield when it first came out all those years ago. Went with staff this time.

Is the staff why it's so hard? Does choosing the Sword give you more strength bonuses early on? Maybe that's why I'm having an easier time. Not to mention you get all those attack abilities way earlier with sword that make it so you can attack and get to enemies really quick, sending them into oblivion.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Well short answer is it's action RPG cross over game that combines Disney and Square Enix. Disney elements have a BIG role and the game has tons of Disney characters and references. Square side has Final Fantasy cameos but on much lesser importance than the Disney content but the game has very Square feel to it. It almost plays like a Final Fantasy spinoff with familiar elements like spells right from the FF games, summons and of course other RPG elements.

It's just overall very charming game. The negatives being it's from that clunky PS2 era and the camera isn't nearly as good as it should be. If you are a fan of (old) Disney or Square (or best yet, both) you should definately check it out.

C'mon dude... ya know!

her panties

well i liked Nier so going by sounds of things ill like this lol

Is the staff why it's so hard? Does choosing the Sword give you more strength bonuses early on? Maybe that's why I'm having an easier time. Not to mention you get all those attack abilities way earlier with sword that make it so you can attack and get to enemies really quick, sending them into oblivion.

Well Staff gives you Ripple Drive at lvl 12 so it's not like the reach of attacks are a problem with Staff. The single biggest con of Staff is that you get Second Chance at lvl 90.

(plus of course Fire+Thunder+Blizzard.)

Well Staff gives you Ripple Drive at lvl 12 so it's not like the reach of attacks are a problem with Staff. The single biggest con of Staff is that you get Second Chance at lvl 90.

(plus of course Fire+Thunder+Blizzard.)

Thats hardly the only problem with Staff. When you run out of MP and low strength (if you gave up sword) so bosses take longer to kill as Magic isn't alway effective vs boss. Especially early on with crap magic. Less Accessory slots as well. You can make up for MP by wearing MP accessories. Also MP Rage was nerfed which makes the Staff choice much weaker than it was in KH Vanilla (not to mention one less shortcut as they took out the O button from the shortcuts making you use 3 spells only).

Staff is good for AOE damage but when it comes to 1v1 it sucks. Still not a bad choice for a Standard run but #TeamSword is the way to go.

All right. So I finally picked this game up, and I chose Sword in the opening on Proud.

But what mystified me is how it told me to throw one of the other ones away. Is there any difference between throwing away staff or shield?

Seda

All right. So I finally picked this game up, and I chose Sword in the opening on Proud.

But what mystified me is how it told me to throw one of the other ones away. Is there any difference between throwing away staff or shield?

Throwing away Staff lowers your AP, throwing away Shield lowers DEF. I would toss the shield.

Thats hardly the only problem with Staff. When you run out of MP and low strength (if you gave up sword) so bosses take longer to kill as Magic isn't alway effective vs boss. Especially early on with crap magic. Less Accessory slots as well. You can make up for MP by wearing MP accessories. Also MP Rage was nerfed which makes the Staff choice much weaker than it was in KH Vanilla (not to mention one less shortcut as they took out the O button from the shortcuts making you use 3 spells only).

Staff is good for AOE damage but when it comes to 1v1 it sucks. Still not a bad choice for a Standard run but #TeamSword is the way to go.

Sword gains bonus accessory slot 5 levels before Staff so that is minimal issue. For bosses I usually had no problems and magic actually is more useful in the start vs bosses than late game. Late game bosses I usually swap for a more balanced keyblade like Oathkeeper for example. Staff still does very potent melee damage with Ripple Drive that scales with MP.

But it is true that Staff is not at it's best vs most bosses (minus some like Ursula 1, Kurt Zisa, Phantom) but it really makes a difference agains heartless especially after the HB difficulty bumb. Time Trials are easier with staff than sword especially on proud. Also if you ever are out of MP when you really need it you are doing it wrong. The game is riddled with ethers, mega ethers, cottages ect.

They didn't take a shortcut out. KH2 is the only game with 4 shortcuts (sadly).

I think all 3 choises are quite well balanced and each have good strenghts and noteable weaknesses. Like with Sword only getting Lucky Strike at 90, Shield being the worst offensively ect.

Is there anyone to increase the item drop rate other than Lucky Strike? I have it on Donald and Goofy but Sora won't get it til level 90. :(
I think using Lady Luck only increases it in my head ...

When does Combo Master get learned in this new one? Level 54?

I think it's 55 for all or something.

Is there anyone to increase the item drop rate other than Lucky Strike? I have it on Donald and Goofy but Sora won't get it til level 90. :(
I think using Lady Luck only increases it in my head ...
No. KH2 has ridicilous ways of doing it. You can equip multiple Lucky Strikes, some weapons have lucky strike attached to them and there is an accessory with it as well.

Carbonox

Last weapon I need = Wizard's Relic. Best place to farm Wizards? I also have all characters with Lucky Strike. Will Bambi improve chances as well?

Sword gains bonus accessory slot 5 levels before Staff so that is minimal issue. For bosses I usually had no problems and magic actually is more useful in the start vs bosses than late game. Late game I usually swap for a more balanced keyblade like Oathkeeper for example. Staff still does very potent melee damage with Ripple Drive that scales with MP.

But it is true that Staff is not at it's best vs most bosses (minus some like Ursula 1, Kurt Zisa, Phantom) but it really makes a difference agains heartless especially after the HB difficulty bumb. Time Trials are easier with staff than sword especially on proud. Also if you ever are out of MP when you really need it you are doing it wrong. The game is riddled with ethers, mega ethers, cottages ect.

They didn't take a shortcut out. KH2 is the only game with 4 shortcuts (sadly).

I think all 3 choises are quite well balanced and each have good strenghts and noteable weaknesses. Like with Sword only getting Lucky Strike at 90, Shield being the worst offensively ect.

Huh I could have swore I used Aeroga, Firaga, Curaga and Thundaga but it must have been KH2 with Reflega replacing Firaga.

Yeah I agree, farming has been a pain in the ass for me until I got to level 90 since I chose sword but I kill bosses within 30 hits or less.

I feel bad for Rock Titan because I farmed him so much and killed him in under 1:30 about 5 times to hit level 90 lol.

Last weapon I need = Wizard's Relic. Best place to farm Wizards? I also have all characters with Lucky Strike. Will Bambi improve chances as well?

No. Bambi only drops set items depending on what world you are in.

Dunno about best spot but I did it in the Hotel hallway. I hate some of the hollow bastion places since they have lot of room to teleport.

I think it's 55 for all or something.

No. KH2 has ridicilous ways of doing it. You can equip multiple Lucky Strikes, some weapons have lucky strike attached to them and there is an accessory with it as well.

I guess I'll probably be level 90 by the time I get all the items I need. Hahahaha. :(
Last time I played this game I had 90% of the items before I even finished it. Don't know what's up with it this time.

Yeah how exactly does bambo work he just drops bubbles

Also thanks for the answer about the rare heartless
Drops MP. The more your max mp is the better the mp bubbles.

Also every time you kill 6 enemies Bambi will have a chance to drop an item. Synthesis items at 12 kills and better Synthesis items at 18. The world you are in changes what synthesis items he drops.

Top Bottom