• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Step

I'm starting to regret giving up sword ugh, I think I'll start all over again and drop shield, I'm so glad I'm not so far, Hitting them is kinda useless and I guess getting def back def with accesories is easier than dmg.

But I'll keep staff, I wasn't a believer but things are going great with it so far and I know I'll have a good Sora overall.

Holmes

Is doing all the jungle slider courses required for the mini game trophy, or just do it once and have it appear in the journal?
I'm starting to regret giving up sword ugh, I think I'll start all over again and drop shield, I'm so glad I'm not so far, Hitting them is kinda useless and I guess getting def back def with accesories is easier than dmg.

But I'll keep staff, I wasn't a believer but things are going great with it so far and I know I'll have a good Sora overall.
If you chose Staff, your primary method of damage shouldn't be attacking in the first place? I think you did choose the wrong weapon.

Step

Is doing all the jungle slider courses required for the mini game trophy, or just do it once and have it appear in the journal?

If you chose Staff, your primary method of damage shouldn't be attacking in the first place? I think you did choose the wrong weapon.

Oh no hehe I'm using magic left and right, but it's just that I was used to the dmg on vanilla KH with the keyblade and I was +Sword-Staff there. (This is my first time on Final Mix) but after thinking I'll continue with+Staff-Sword.

Christopher

Drops MP. The more your max mp is the better the mp bubbles.

Also every time you kill 6 enemies Bambi will have a chance to drop an item. Synthesis items at 12 kills and better Synthesis items at 18. The world you are in changes what synthesis items he drops.

Ah got it! Thanks for your help!

Any list of Bambi's items / worlds floating around? My goal is to make that damn ultimate key blade.

Power Stones from Sniper Wilds
Blaze Stones from Chimeras
Mythril Stones from Pot Scorpion
Fury Stones from Gigant Shadows <-- this one especially

Blizzard Stones from the Giant Search ghost in Monstro and the item from Black Ballade (forget what it is) doesnt really matter when you get them due to the method to defeat those guys. Same goes for the item from the giant Truffle enemy.

Dazzling Stones from the Tank enemy on Hook's ship is actually easier afterwards due to Aeroga

Thanks! Whew, I've got quite a bit of work ahead of me...

You guys are crazy just bulldozing your way through the game 3 times. There's now way I'd be able to do that.
Not that bad since speedrunning takes surprisingly little time evwn with minimal effort. Also the first time replaying was kinda fun to see how you just blast thru the whole game on beginner mode after proud even with no equip change. The third playthrough is the one where it starts no get old but even then it indeed doesn't take that long. You could always do it in 15-30 min bursts and clear one world at a time.

Jeels

Alright, I have another question. Is stopaga required to get the 100 hits off or can I do it with just stopra?

If you are after just Serenity Power I've gotten a ton of those using just Stopra (need 40 hits).

If you are after prime cap (100 hits) then ya, I haven't gotten even close to 100 with just Stopra, I'd assume the extra time would help a bunch.

Alright, I have another question. Is stopaga required to get the 100 hits off or can I do it with just stopra?
You wont be getting 100 hits in the HD collection sadly without some work to glitch your party members. In HD you order your party to attack (causes minus points) with the same button you use Ragnarok. You are aiming at like 60-70 hits so youll just have to deal with it.

Stopra is enough to farm them but you want to have Aerora (or was it aeroga) that does hits too.

Prime Cap is almost impossible to get in the HD collection. But thats ok since it sucks and is not needed for any trophies :lol

If you are after just Serenity Power I've gotten a ton of those using just Stopra (need 40 hits).

If you are after prime cap (100 hits) then ya, I haven't gotten even close to 100 with just Stopra, I'd assume the extra time would help a bunch.

You wont be getting 100 hits in the HD collection sadly without some work to glitch your party members. In HD you order your party to attack (causes minus points) with the same button you use Ragnarok. You are aiming at like 60-70 hits so youll just have to deal with it.

Stopra is enough to farm them but you want to have Aerora (or was it aeroga) that does hits too.

Prime Cap is almost impossible to get in the HD collection. But thats ok since it sucks and is not needed for any trophies :lol
Alright cool, I thought I needed to get a 100 hits off but I guess I will only need 40 to get a serenity power :p

It helps your magic power and Stopga when you use the Diamond Dust Keyblade and the best Magic accessories. The Mushroom will be frozen depending on your magical power.

If you have 12 or more MP bars, you should get 60 hits easy with 2 Ragnarok and some air/ground combos.

To bad Stop doesn't stack or 100 hits would be a snap. Stop would be too broken though like Reflect is in KH2 lol.

I'm just used to going all in so the crappy damage on staff is frustrating.im also the type to not use items much until now (any game, tend to avoid items). I chose sword on first run on PS2. Very little issues (Standard obviously). Still got my synths done easily too. This though... just no. No more staff if I ever replay this game.

Ugh, the Hercules Cup time trial is SO FRUSTRATING. Does anyone who's done it have any strategies? I'm playing on Proud and I've got a +Shield/-Sword/Dusk Sora at level 53, and I've gone as far as I can go in Hollow Bastion before fighting Riku II and powering up all the Heartless.

I've tried with several builds, including pure Strength and pure Magic, and neither seems to matter. With pure Magic I can destroy all the Heartless mobs with Thundara but the Battleships still take too long to kill which doesn't leave me enough time for Cloud and Hercules, and with pure Strength the mobs take longer but the Battleships go down easier, and I can beat Cloud more quickly but I usually lose just one or two combos short of finishing Herc. SO ANNOYING.

Cloud also eats up a lot of time with his limit break thing since he's invincible during it, but I don't know of any way to not trigger it. Herc is also annoying with his invincibility cycles... the odds just seem so stacked against you.

Any help?

ZeroCDR

Ugh, the Hercules Cup time trial is SO FRUSTRATING. Does anyone who's done it have any strategies? I'm playing on Proud and I've got a +Shield/-Sword/Dusk Sora at level 53, and I've gone as far as I can go in Hollow Bastion before fighting Riku II and powering up all the Heartless.

Well, the glitch to freeze the timer still works. Just make it to Hercules, Pause and select "Restart" as soon as the battle begins. You should restart at Hercules, but the timer is frozen.

Totally cheap and I have no regrets lol

edit: I did this on Normal, I imagine it would work on Proud.

Well, the glitch to freeze the timer still works. Just make it to Hercules, Pause and select "Restart" as soon as the battle begins. You should restart at Hercules, but the timer is frozen.

Holy shit, that's awesome. I will absolutely do that with no regrets as well. :D Thanks!

Awesome avatar, by the way!

Ultimadrago

edit: I did this on Normal, I imagine it would work on Proud.

Mwuhuhaha

PK Gaming

Wait, WHAT?
The glitch was fixed on the japanese verion. Did they seriously put it back in?

image.php

I'm going to abuse the hell out of this

ZeroCDR

Wait, WHAT?
The glitch was fixed on the japanese verion. Did they seriously put it back in?

I can absolutely confirmed it worked for me on Normal, I was early 40's when I did it, had two seconds left at Hercules. Wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise at that level.

The one thing bugging me on Proud is that Sora's HP rarely dips into the point where I get the 'alarm' sound. Either he's healthy or he's dead. It means I need to be really careful because I keep getting 1HKOed by some bosses in the Hades Cup.

Carbonox

5/10 Level 3 Gummi Missions completed. Albeit they're the easiest ones. :lol I'm about to finish off The End of the World Gummi missions too. The final one is pretty easy - I keep missing like 10 points but they'll be easy to obtain if I play a bit smarter.

Then that leaves the rest of them....

I also tried the Traverse Town Level 3 mission. Yeah, no. Utterly absurd.

I got all my Trinity marks and all but the final set of Dalmatians before the Riku II fight. Makes life so much easier.
I started to do that but decided to just get back to the story. Ah the folly of youth.

Incidentally, did they move the chest from Wonderland that had Dalmatians 58, 59, and 60? I'm missing that set but I don't see an available chest where the guide I'm using tells me.

I started to do that but decided to just get back to the story. Ah the folly of youth.

Incidentally, did they move the chest from Wonderland that had Dalmatians 58, 59, and 60? I'm missing that set but I don't see an available chest where the guide I'm using tells me.
You need to go to Bizzare Room from above the entrance to the Tea Party Garden. Go back to the forest through a painting.

Incidentally, it's too bad KH1's journal doesn't tell you where you're missing specific Trinities (or treasure chests, for that matter).

You need to go to Bizzare Room from above the entrance to the Tea Party Garden. Go back to the forest through a painting.
Thanks! I'll do that when I get home. Its hard finding a guide that's specifically tailored to ReMix.

Incidentally, it's too bad KH1's journal doesn't tell you where you're missing specific Trinities (or treasure chests, for that matter).
Absolutely. I'm missing one of each Trinity and I'm going to have to go through each world to find them.

Absolutely. I'm missing one of each Trinity and I'm going to have to go through each world to find them.

That's one of the things I think it's safe to say KH2 and the subsequent KH games handled much, much better than KH1. Lots of little niggling polish details, even if it's still the best game in the series for rewarding exploration and backtracking.

Step

Just after I defeated Ursula both times my game crashes and ofc I didn't saved after the first one : ( that thing happened the same way on my PS2 T~T

And
Shadow Sora
is always so damn hard for me, but I love that fight, it's all about defending and counter attacking though the lack of second chance made it worse with his ground attack. Oh god I better get ready mentaly for
Riku II

Carbonox

3 Gummi missions left until the Platinum.

Only, they're the final Traverse Town one and the two last Atlantica ones.

fml

i cant give up now

Just after I defeated Ursula both times my game crashes and ofc I didn't saved after the first one : ( that thing happened the same way on my PS2 T~T

And
Shadow Sora
is always so damn hard for me, but I love that fight, it's all about defending and counter attacking though the lack of second chance made it worse with his ground attack. Oh god I better get ready mentaly for
Riku II
Yeah, the way Final Mix withholds some *massively important* passive ability for Level 90 no matter what you choose is a bummer.

If I don't plan to platinum Chain of Memories, is there any good reason to play it on something other than the easiest difficulty level?

If I don't plan to platinum Chain of Memories, is there any good reason to play it on something other than the easiest difficulty level?

Proud challenge is always more fun! Plus you get 2 silver trophies instead of bronze from Proud. (tho the no continues silver trophy is hardest on Proud).

Top Bottom