• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The drop system was just a bizarre design choice all around. I'm not sure why they felt the need to include that.
They needed some way to keep you going between the two characters, and I guess they felt static level-by-level altering wouldn't do it and that was too convenient and logical.

Though it really seems like something they added just for the sake of it being in there and differentiating the game some more. Just unnecessary altogether, traditional solutions to the multiple character problem work fine enough.

I really enjoyed The Grid too. I found the Reality Shift in that world pretty fun, and it was nice to have frequent battles with enemies which were NOT Dream Eaters. :)

I understand the series need to have some sort of generic enemy fodder (Hearless, Unversed, etc.) but I really like when they dip into actual Disney stuff for enemy designs. (The cheetah in the Tarzan world, Maleficent's Pig soldiers in Birth by Sleep, Black Guard in The Grid...) I wish they'd do that more often.

duckroll

I understand the series need to have some sort of generic enemy fodder (Hearless, Unversed, etc.) but I really like when they dip into actual Disney stuff for enemy designs. (The cheetah in the Tarzan world, Maleficent's Pig soldiers in Birth by Sleep, Black Guard in The Grid...) I wish they'd do that more often.

Yeah those are my favorite moments in KH, when I feel like I'm not just in a Disney world but fighting Disney enemies as well, filtered through the KH lens.

Peff

They also need to use more music from the movies. I'm not complaining about Shimomura and friends (sometimes they do strike gold as seen in the musketeer world), but I'd like it if they were a bit more consistent about it, like for instance they could make a movie medley for the field music and original stuff for the battle themes.

That said, Not Quite Daft Punk was a better replacement that I thought possible.

Yes but Aqua never has to dodge the rapid fire meteors! That was definitely the toughest part of the fight for me. Crazy timing involved.

Actually, you can block the meteors too, but only if you're at the very edge of the battlefield and one of them doesn't spawn on top of you.

duckroll

Actually, you can block the meteors too, but only if you're at the very edge of the battlefield and one of them doesn't spawn on top of you.

Yes, you can block or evade them (a user also mentioned earlier you can block them), but it still requires more timing and mobility attention than most other fights in the game. Once the fucker starts his animation to summon the meteors, you have to move and position yourself and prepare for it. Aqua never has to deal with that shit lol.

They also need to use more music from the movies. I'm not complaining about Shimomura and friends (sometimes they do strike gold as seen in the musketeer world), but I'd like it if they were a bit more consistent about it, like for instance they could make a movie medley for the field music and original stuff for the battle themes.

That said, Not Quite Daft Punk was a better replacement that I thought possible.

Notre Dame's music was pretty great too, but they really dropped the ball by not using some variation of Bells of Notre Dame as the field theme.

prwxv3

They really need to finally add the pixar movies in the next game. Those films have perfect villains that woud fit the game very nicely and many have lackeys that could be small fry enemies (grasshoppers, bird, other predatory bugs from Bugs Life, the dogs from UP, robots from Wall-E, hostile toys from Toy Story, ect.)

I just want to see the Prospector flip out and then have the Encounter play.

Ragus

Banned
I've finally finished the game. I was my first KH, and I liked it very much. Maybe even more than I thought before buying this game.

The visuals are great and so is the music. Battle system is very fun and I also liked flowmotion. Of course, I understood jack shit about the plot, but I still enjoyed the characters (and Donald is the best).

Things I didn't like? Framerate drops during big battles and Hunchback's world, because for me, a big fan of this movie, it was such a wasted opportunity. Where was "Hellfire" and the Main Theme of the movie :(?

All you people say, that is the weakest "big" entry in the series. That means, I have to try playing KH1/2/BBS one day. HD remix, please arrive one day.

Levyne

Banned
I've finally finished the game. I was my first KH, and I liked it very much. Maybe even more than I thought before buying this game.

The visuals are great and so is the music. Battle system is very fun and I also liked flowmotion. Of course, I understood jack shit about the plot, but I still enjoyed the characters (and Donald is the best).

Things I didn't like? Framerate drops during big battles and Hunchback's world, because for me, a big fan of this movie, it was such a wasted opportunity. Where was "Hellfire" and the Main Theme of the movie :(?

All you people say, that is the weakest "big" entry in the series. That means, I have to try playing KH1/2/BBS one day. HD remix, please arrive one day.

I'm going to be playing this soon. I'm glad you liked it. But, man, it feels like playing this as a first KH would be like me playing Peace Walker as my first MGS...I'd be so lost!

Your favorite death eaters guys? Trying to pick 2/3 death eaters and enough materials to star rank them for my next playthtough.

I really hate hunting for these rare ingrediants. I'm having no luck locating portals

I personally like Sudo Neku, Ryu Dragon and R&R Seal. Ryu Dragon has Mega Flare and Combo Master, R&R Seal gives the max amount of HP Ups, and Sudo Neku is just cool.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Your favorite death eaters guys? Trying to pick 2/3 death eaters and enough materials to star rank them for my next playthtough.

I really hate hunting for these rare ingrediants. I'm having no luck locating portals

My favorite is Bellatrix Lestrange.

arumisan

I'm going to be playing this soon. I'm glad you liked it. But, man, it feels like playing this as a first KH would be like me playing Peace Walker as my first MGS...I'd be so lost!

I agree. I mean I only played a couple of the entries (BBS and Re:coded still eludes me for now, but I think I'm gonna start on them once I done what I want with 3D) and was kinda lost in terms of story until I googled for a better understanding.

I really would like a HD collection though, especially with the the remastered version of CoM since that never came to Australia.

Like those too. I just got ryu dragon recipe. I'll hit that up. Need star rank seal

Here:
AR_Card_AKHE-003.png

RPGCrazied

I thought the game was loud enough, never had the volume set to max. Maybe there's something wrong with you speakers/headphones?

It was. I got some $10 noise canceling earbuds. I hate these kind, they always want to come out of my ear, oh well. The sound is much better than my over the ear headphones. Love the game, just got to hunchback's world. I think my eyes suck, cuz I can't see the 3D very well. Looks less jaggy with it off anyways. :)

dankir

Finally beat it and review. I'm a complete KH n00b so the story was complete gibberish to me but still interesting to see all this Squeenix Disney shit come together.

Gameplay is fucking great once it gets going after Traverse town. I thought I would hate the spirits aspect but I found that I loved it the most.

Visuals and voice acting is pretty damn impressive for the 3DS

My review, good stuff SE.

kwheaties

Finally beat it and review. I'm a complete KH n00b so the story was complete gibberish to me but still interesting to see all this Squeenix Disney shit come together.

Gameplay is fucking great once it gets going after Traverse town. I thought I would hate the spirits aspect but I found that I loved it the most.

Visuals and voice acting is pretty damn impressive for the 3DS

good stuff SE.

I've never played a KH game either, so there's no issues starting here? I was looking for a new 3DS game once I finish up NSMB2...

dankir

I've never played a KH game either, so there's no issues starting here? I was looking for a new 3DS game once I finish up NSMB2...

Uhh be like my buddy and research. There are some attempts to give you insight into the previous games but goddamn the story in KH is just all over the place.

But it's secondary to the gameplay which is where the game really shines.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So the secret message...

Does this mean we will be getting KH HD Collection next year and KH3 in 2014? Yeesh.

also

Banned
So the secret message...

Does this mean we will be getting KH HD Collection next year and KH3 in 2014? Yeesh.

The message, together with Nomura's quote that he's working on a lighter project, really points to a KH HD collection in the near future.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

If you want to know what's happening, I heavily heavily recommend playing BbS, KH1, and KH2 at the very least. 358/2 Days, CoM and coded don't need to be played but the game will provide a short summary on these games, which are good enough.

ULTROS!

Also another spoiler question regarding the ending...
So who are the 7 lights? Sora, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, and Kairi are who I'm sure will be the 6 of the seven lights. Though isn't Kairi a Princess of Light already? Also the 7th is either Lea or Terra, but I'm definitely not sure because Terra = Xehanort right now.

Famassu

So who are the 7 lights? Sora, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, and Kairi are who I'm sure will be the 6 of the seven lights. Though isn't Kairi a Princess of Light already? Also the 7th is either Lea or Terra, but I'm definitely not sure because Terra = Xehanort right now.
Lea of course. Terra is in Xehanort's control. And yeah, Kairi is a Princess of Light, but she's proven to be able to use a Keyblade, so I'm sure Yensid will work his magic and unlock her powers or something.

also

Banned

The 100% confirmed are Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea and Aqua (the secret ending gives it away). Ventus is most likely the 7th one. but I'm still rooting for Roxas.

RPGCrazied

any dreameaters that uses cure? I'm stuck at the wargoygle or whatever its called on the 2nd world with riku. Maybe I need another level or 2. I have the skull noise keyblade.

Famassu

any dreameaters that uses cure? I'm stuck at the wargoygle or whatever its called on the 2nd world with riku. Maybe I need another level or 2. I have the skull noise keyblade.
The first one has all of the different Cure spells (the cat dog thingie).

EDIT: Ah, USES Cure... I'm pretty sure the answer to that is also the cat dog thingie, though it might need to be certain lvl. Or not.

RPGCrazied

The first one has all of the different Cure spells (the cat dog thingie)

Ooops. Riku is using the R & S seal thing with the bat. Thanks! The production values in this game is insane, for being on such a small memory card, and the limitations of the hardware. Just got to the grid, so cool.

njean777

Just beat it tonight, a couple of questions
so venitus is definitely a separate person from sora correct? Not just a nobody likeRoxas was? Also was riku suppose to become a keyblademaster? Just making sure because I did not see that coming. And am I right to believe that terra has nothing to do with the warriors of light as of right now?

SykoTech

The message, together with Nomura's quote that he's working on a lighter project, really points to a KH HD collection in the near future.

Wow, that's probably the best news I've heard regarding this game.

Now I just hope SE doesn't screw it up. Better be Final Mix versions too.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So I finally gave up one of my command slots permanently to Drop-Me-Nots. Now I'm playing a world per character to completion then switching. So my experience is flowing much better, no awkward interruptions and whatnot, and my enjoyment has grew dramatically. But now it feels like I'm playing the world, developing my character, do awesome shit, then at the end I switch and do it all over again with what now feels like an underleveled and underpowered other character, and it got me thinking: now that I've "solved" one of my biggest problems with the game, does the second run feel too different, fresh, and not repetitive? Story aside, because I basically stopped playing this series for the story a long time ago.

I mean why did the team feel compelled to change BbS method of having to choose from multiple characters, and venturing off on your quest? It's familiar, practical, makes sense and boosts replayability. But nope, they had to develop this "innovative" and foreign DROP system (Drop [verb]: when a person's arbitrary timer runs out, forcing him to sleep in the middle of action, and transferring his consciousness to gain control of a different character in another version of the same world, that looks almost the exact same, but not quite). I mean is there something more to the drop system than what I'm seeing? Something mechanical that justifies it that so far has escaped me? Because I'm seeing more people advising to use Drop-Me-Nots than people arguing for the system sans the item. 

The only thing that I can come with is the dev team perhaps discovered that not many people went through BbS with all three characters, and they felt this system would force everyone to experience the entire game on both sides simultaneously in a single run. But that still feels like an artificial way of extending the playthrough, especially when we're basically replaying the same portion of content almost instantly. I don't know. I haven't read this entire thread so maybe there are people who successfully defended the system, with or without the DMNs.

For example, people like the "giving the player more options" argument, a very valid one mind you, however in this case one option is to play the game the way developer intended, weird as it is, while the other option is to play it the classic way... The only caveats being you have to make sure you're always stacked with DMNs, buy more whenever you get the chance, give up a command slot for it, keep an eye on the drop gauge (which can be a  bit distracting), and deal with the fact that you might find yourself on more than one occasion in the middle of a tough fight rushing through your commands to use it. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are trade offs.

Edit: Uh, I had no idea I had this much to say about this. [Insert tl;dr gif]

also

Banned
Just beat it tonight, a couple of questions
so venitus is definitely a separate person from sora correct? Not just a nobody likeRoxas was? Also was riku suppose to become a keyblademaster? Just making sure because I did not see that coming. And am I right to believe that terra has nothing to do with the warriors of light as of right now?
Who do you mean ba Venitus? Ventus or Vanitas? The former is a completely separate person whose story you see play out in BBS, while the later is the darkness extracted from Ventus's heart.
Riku and Sora took the Mark of Mastery exam to prove their worth as keyblade masters, so one or both of them succeeding was to be expected.
''Terra'' is almost certainly one of the 13th darknesses; after Mickey list the good keyblade masters (himself, Ven, Aqua, Terra, Sora, Riku) Xenahort mentions that 2 of them (Terra, Sora) belong to him. Though if you watched BBS's secret ending, you probably know that there may be some interesting developments regarding Terra's heart.

So I finally gave up one of my command slots permanently to Drop-Me-Nots. Now I'm playing a world per character to completion then switching. So my experience is flowing much better, no awkward interruptions and whatnot, and my enjoyment has grew dramatically. But now it feels like I'm playing the world, developing my character, do awesome shit, then at the end I switch and do it all over again with what now feels like an underleveled and underpowered other character, and it got me thinking: now that I've "solved" one of my biggest problems with the game, does the second run feel too different, fresh, and not repetitive? Story aside, because I basically stopped playing this series for the story a long time ago.

I mean why did the team feel compelled to change BbS method of having to choose from multiple characters, and venturing off on your quest? It's familiar, practical, makes sense and boosts replayability. But nope, they had to develop this "innovative" and foreign DROP system (Drop [verb]: when a person's arbitrary timer runs out, forcing him to sleep in the middle of action, and transferring his consciousness to gain control of a different character in another version of the same world, that looks almost the exact same, but not quite). I mean is there something more to the drop system than what I'm seeing? Something mechanical that justifies it that so far has escaped me? Because I'm seeing more people advising to use Drop-Me-Nots than people arguing for the system sans the item. 

The only thing that I can come with is the dev team perhaps discovered that not many people went through BbS with all three characters, and they felt this system would force everyone to experience the entire game on both sides simultaneously in a single run. But that still feels like an artificial way of extending the playthrough, especially when we're basically replaying the same portion of content almost instantly. I don't know. I haven't read this entire thread so maybe there are people who successfully defended the system, with or without the DMNs.

For example, people like the "giving the player more options" argument, a very valid one mind you, however in this case one option is to play the game the way developer intended, weird as it is, while the other option is to play it the classic way... The only caveats being you have to make sure you're always stacked with DMNs, buy more whenever you get the chance, give up a command slot for it, keep an eye on the drop gauge (which can be a  bit distracting), and deal with the fact that you might find yourself on more than one occasion in the middle of a tough fight rushing through your commands to use it. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are trade offs.

Edit: Uh, I had no idea I had this much to say about this. [Insert tl;dr gif]

Don't blame the team for the DS, blame the vocal fans and Nomura.
In Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep the playable characters were switched up as well, however people said that having the character’s scenarios split made the games feel like short stories and they wanted to play one whole story in one game. So I made the system where you can switch between Sora and Riku’s story in one work, where the only thing restricting your play is the “drop” device.
I'm not a big fan of the Drop system but at the same time ti didn't really bother me that much. I usually spent my points on drop decelerator so I felt I had more than enough time with each character and I only started using DMN after finishing the main story. At first it was kind of confusing but I quickly got used to it and I liked buffing up my characters with the bonuses. I feel I would have liked it more if Sora's and Riku's path crossed more often and if both worked towards one single story in each world (like in
Traverse Town
) and not two ''different'' ones (like in
The Grid, La Cite des Cloches
).

And I disagree that we're basically replaying the same portion of content almost instantly, as the last 4 world are quite different between Sora and Riku.

The 100% confirmed are Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea and Aqua (the secret ending gives it away). Ventus is most likely the 7th one. but I'm still rooting for Roxas.

Where's Lea confirmed? Both Mickey and Xehanort confirm Terra is on the list.
Mickey: Seven guardians of light? Well, for Keyblade wielders, there's me and Riku and Sora. And my three missing friends. That's six. Then the seventh would be...
Mickey had already talked about the three friends earlier in the cutscene, so they are Terra, Ventus and Aqua. Number seven is shown to be Kairi later.
Xehanort: But Sora and another on your list belong to me now. And that puts you three guardians short.
So it seems there's nothing to stop somebody being both one of the lights and one of the darknesses.
It does seem that Lea is being set up to be a light, but there's no room in the list.

Famassu

But that still feels like an artificial way of extending the playthrough, especially when we're basically replaying the same portion of content almost instantly.
Except...

1) It's not artificial lengthening of anything, since even if you didn't play the worlds through with two different characters, you'd still have to go through all of the story that you go through now (there'd just be some more obvious backtracking, instead of jumping right into new areas with the second character).

2) you don't play "the same portion of content", as in almost every world you go through completely different sections of the world. In some worlds you don't set foot in the same areas/rooms at all, and in the rest there are maybe a couple of areas at most that are the same, while the rest is spent in completely new locations.

For example, people like the "giving the player more options" argument, a very valid one mind you, however in this case one option is to play the game the way developer intended, weird as it is, while the other option is to play it the classic way... The only caveats being you have to make sure you're always stacked with DMNs, buy more whenever you get the chance, give up a command slot for it, keep an eye on the drop gauge (which can be a bit distracting), and deal with the fact that you might find yourself on more than one occasion in the middle of a tough fight rushing through your commands to use it. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are trade offs.
I didn't see any need to sacrifice a spot on my command deck for DMNs. I made one command deck that only had DMNs, switched it on to use a couple, then went back to the deck I'm actually using. And since it was kind of obvious when you were near a boss-fight, it was easy to use them before one so that you'd enter one with a full drop gauge.

also

Banned
Where's Lea confirmed? Both Mickey and Xehanort confirm Terra is on the list.
Mickey: Seven guardians of light? Well, for Keyblade wielders, there's me and Riku and Sora. And my three missing friends. That's six. Then the seventh would be...
Mickey had already talked about the three friends earlier in the cutscene, so they are Terra, Ventus and Aqua. Number seven is shown to be Kairi later.
Xehanort: But Sora and another on your list belong to me now. And that puts you three guardians short.
So it seems there's nothing to stop somebody being both one of the lights and one of the darknesses.
It does seem that Lea is being set up to be a light, but there's no room in the list.

Someone can't be on both lists, because they need 20 people to clash, that's why Xenahort says that 3 lights are missing. If someone could be both at the same time, he wouldn't have said that. Mickey only lists Terra because he has no idea what happened to him (Re:Coded secret ending) and simply names the keyblade wielders he knows. Xenahort corrects him and also includes Sora, because at that time he thought he would be able to posses him, thus leaving only 4 guardians from those Micey listed instead of 6. And how is Lea not confirmed? Why would Yen Sid even agree to his request for keyblade training if not for fighting Xenahort?

Did this turn out to be any good? I'm trying to fight the urge to buy this until a sale but I keep seeing commercials.

Basically I liked the gameplay more than BBS and Re: Coded but the story wasn't nearly as good as BBS's.
Here are my indepth impressions (all spoilers are marked, so don't worry):
I finished the game (proud, ~33hours) and the story really got weirder than I ever thought it would get... I love it! Still need some time to digest the story and put all the pieces together. Funnily enough, it looks like even Nomura can't keep track of all the details as there's at least an error in Days' chronicles
''It was only once Axel appeared that he and Roxas were able to bring back her by force.'' Expect it was all Axel's doing, Roxas just stood there and only managed to yell a few words because he could not believe his friends were fighting. Link.
But maybe it's just a translation error. Could anyone with a Japanese copy check this out? Too bad the ending is such a let down.
First, I'm not a fan of Lea getting a Key Blade, he had his weapon already and that means Roxas won't get to play any major role in KHIII since the 7th guardian of light will probably be Ven. Second, I really wish Xenahort managed to unite his 13 vessels to move the story forward and I bet that was in the original ending that Disney made Nomura rewrite because it was too dark.
I guess we will have to wait for KHIII for the plot to really advance. The secret ending was, compared to both BBS's and even BBSFM+'s, really lame as they didn't reveal anything we didn't already know/guess.
This game also made me kind of like Sora a bit more, specifically in the final word when
he talks to Roxas
, though I'm still not really a fan of his.

As for the actual game, I liked it more than BBS and Re:Coded.
First the positives:
-BIG environments and flowmotion really made the game fun; they have to bring this to KH3. There's simply no going back to boring walking/running after being able to jump from wall to wall, swirl around poles, etc. all at blazing fast spees.
-Combat; as fun as ever, but now even crazier due to flowmotion.
-Reality shifts; I thought they would be just some lame gimmick, but I really liked them, except forh the buble one.
-FlickRush; I have only played a little, but it seems really fun.
-Diving; too bad they recycled some of the stages.
-Music
-Voice acting: good for the most part, though there's a really akwardly acted out line in the ending:
''Riku, what do you wish for?'' Instead of saying ''More questions...'' in a pensive voice he says ''More Questions.'' in a normal voice, so for a moment you think that's his answer Link
-Sora's Link attacks: Can be quite fun, think of them as D-links from BBS

Meh:
-Some abilities are tied to spirits and you have to have them in your party (limited to 3 slots) to take advantage of them; it didn't really bother me, since it wasn't that hard to rack up LP points for newly created spirits.
-Graphics: frame drops galore and they were kind of jaggy at first (playing on an XL) but then the battles got so busy that it only really bothered me in some cutscenes. I know it's a compromise for the huge areas, so I won't complain too much.
-Drop System: can be confusing at first, but I got used to it quickly. It's nice that you can buff your characters by spending drop points and if you don't like the system, you can use cheap Drop-me-nots.

The bad Stuff:
-The camera is way too close; the battles are hectic and the environments huge, so it's really easy to get disoriented.
-Flowmotion is too easy to abuse, so it gets kind of boring later on and the level design suffers from it; instead of doing any actual platforming and using gimmicks you can just wall kick everywhere. They should have really made it either harder to use or designed the environments to be more demanding; tighter button timing or less kickable and more damage dealing spots.
-No command melding from Re:Coded; I hope they bring it, along with the command board, back for KHIII.
-Boring character progression system compared to Re:Coded and Days.
-Loading; better than BBS though still annoying.
-Only 2 save files
-Riku's command styles suck

EDIT: Added some more comments

Someone can't be on both lists, because they need 20 people to clash, that's why Xenahort says that 3 lights are missing. If someone could be both at the same time, he wouldn't have said that. Mickey only lists Terra because he has no idea what happened to him (Re:Coded secret ending) and simply names the keyblade wielders he knows. Xenahort corrects him and also includes Sora, because at that time he thought he would be able to posses him, thus leaving only 4 guardians from those Micey listed instead of 6. And how is Lea not confirmed? Why would Yen Sid even agree to his request for keyblade training if not for fighting Xenahort?

By not confirmed I mean he's the only keyblade wielder who isn't outright stated as being one of the potential lights. If they can't get Terra back before the final clash then Lea will probably end up being a light. I wouldn't be surprised if Lea's keyblade was setting him up as the lead character in a spin-off.
I think you're right about not being able to be both, I misinterpreted it. So why is Xehanort trying to claim lights? Even if he knew about Lea and Kairi after claiming Sora there wouldn't be enough keyblade wielders, and without 7 lights his plan won't work.

also

Banned
By not confirmed I mean he's the only keyblade wielder who isn't outright stated as being one of the potential lights. If they can't get Terra back before the final clash then Lea will probably end up being a light. I wouldn't be surprised if Lea's keyblade was setting him up as the lead character in a spin-off.
I think you're right about not being able to be both, I misinterpreted it. So why is Xehanort trying to claim lights? Even if he knew about Lea and Kairi after claiming Sora there wouldn't be enough keyblade wielders, and without 7 lights his plan won't work.

Lea even says that he will catch up to Riku in no time and no one objects. Then he draws his keyblade and everyone goes O_O. I think it's really obvious that Lea will be one of the lights, but if you want to be technical, they never really say it. Still, if you think that Lea is not confirmed, then neither is Kairi, afterall Yen Sid only says that he learned she can wield a keyblade and not that she will/may become a light.
Xenahort didn't really want Sora, he wanted Riku, but he had to change his plans. The result would still be the same though, one good keyblader less. He simply believes that the forging of the keyblade is something that can not be avoided: ''Ah, but destiny is never left to chance.'' ''But worry not. All the pieces are destined to appear.'' And even if by some chande there weren't enough good keybladers, he can still go after the princesses of light.

What about the seekers of darkness? Xenahort, Young Xenahort, Xenmas, Ansem, Isa, Braig and Terranort are confirmed. Then there's probably Vanitas, so that leaves 5 more people. Any ideas

What about the seekers of darkness? Xenahort, Young Xenahort, Xenmas, Ansem, Isa, Braig and Terranort are confirmed. Then there's probably Vanitas, so that leaves 5 more people. Any ideas

Uhh going to scrap the bottom here: Apprentice/Amnesia Xehanort, Posessed Riku, Xehanorts time travelling heartless (before gaining a body). I have no idea for the rest lol. No Heart keyblade armor? Xigbar and Saix? Actually I think The ones in DDD ARE Xigbar and Saix and remaining might be Braig and Isa.

also

Banned
Uhh going to scrap the bottom here: Apprentice/Amnesia Xehanort, Posessed Riku, Xehanorts time travelling heartless (before gaining a body). I have no idea for the rest lol. No Heart keyblade armor? Xigbar and Saix? Actually I think The ones in DDD ARE Xigbar and Saix and remaining might be Braig and Isa.

I doubt any keyblade armor would make the cut, because they don't really have a heart. Terranort just before spliting himself and Posessed Riku sound like good candidates. I'm not sure about only-a-heart-Ansem.
You are right about Saix and Xigbar, as Xigbar's file says: ''His job this time has been to vex Sora...'' and there's no character entry for Isa. Still, I'm not sure they would include nobodies and their human counterparts at the same time... If Xenahort could have used somobodies, there would have been no need to even create the nobodies.

I doubt any keyblade armor would make the cut, because they don't really have a heart. Terranort just before spliting himself and Posessed Riku sound like good candidates. I'm not sure about only-a-heart-Ansem.
You are right about Saix and Xigbar, as Xigbar's file says: ''His job this time has been to vex Sora...'' and there's no character entry for Isa. Still, I'm not sure they would include nobodies and their human counterparts at the same time... If Xenahort could have used somobodies, there would have been no need to even create the nobodies.

Actually I think the problem would pretty much be that if he were to use ''somebodies'' he maybe wouldn't been able to control them. Braig/Xigbar is doing it voluntarily and so is most likely Saix tho we don't know his motives. Sora was in comatose state when he was about to corrupt him. I can see at least Braig being one, we don't know if Saix was part Xehanort before or after he became a nobody.

also

Banned
Actually I think the problem would pretty much be that if he were to use ''somebodies'' he maybe wouldn't been able to control them. Braig/Xigbar is doing it voluntarily and so is most likely Saix tho we don't know his motives. Sora was in comatose state when he was about to corrupt him. I can see at least Braig being one, we don't know if Saix was part Xehanort before or after he became a nobody.

That's probably it, it must be easier to fill something with your heart than to conquer an already present one. Now No Heart, or at least what's controlling the armor, kind of sounds a likely candidate.
I doubt Isa would betray Lea and follow Xenahort. They were close friends, joined the organization together and even planned to overthrow Xenmas and take control to get their hearts back. Why would then Saix voluntarily accepts Xenahort's heart if he wanted his back so badly?

also

Banned
I have a question regarding the video quality of the credits, specifically when there's a black background. Does anyone else see some kind of ghosting? When names disappear they leave a dark green pixelated mess behind and you can also see lines and spots all over the screen. Are these compression artefacts or is it my screen? I'm playing a 3DS XL, full brightness, power saving off and I can see it with both 3D on or off.

Mr. Fix

So have they explained why Ven and Sora look a like? I mean, the org members kept mentioning Sora and Roxas' similarities in KH2 (not that I believe Nomura even thinks about the plot ahead of the current game). I'm just wondering what the retcon is on that.

Mario007

So have they explained why Ven and Sora look a like? I mean, the org members kept mentioning Sora and Roxas' similarities in KH2 (not that I believe Nomura even thinks about the plot ahead of the current game). I'm just wondering what the retcon is on that.

They explained it in BBS.

also

Banned

They look alike because they are designed by the same person, there were never any plot points related to their supposed similarity (except for the blue eyes, which are quite common in KH, I just don't see it).
The org. never mentioned any visual similarities; they were calling Sora Roxas, because Sora had absorbed Roxas and not because the two looked alike.

Top Bottom