• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Malyse

Except no one incorrectly assumed anything

You cant interpret that anyway other way.

Sure you can. They could be talking about the Mark of Mastery. Or they could not understand all the principles of mystical fucking weapon, not unlike a certain set of individuals on a Neo Gaming Age Forum.

I'm new to this thread so I apologize if I'm treading old discussions.

Regarding the potential of Midgar, I think there's some plot holes as to whether or not it could happen. In KH2, when Cloud/Sephy disappear after Sora beats him, he asks Tifa where they went. She comments (and I don't have the quote in front of me) that they probably went back to their world.

Which, one would assume that would be Midgar. HOWEVER, Squall or Cid or someone mentions at some point that Hollow Bastion is their home. But then Tifa's line wouldn't make sense, because the Sephy encounter took place in Hollow Bastion.

So either Midgar happens and Hollow Bastion wasn't there home, or Tifa's line didn't line up. I suppose the third alternative is that Cloud/Sephy come from a different world than the other FF characters, but then the whole Cloud looking for Aeris in KH1 (and finding her in the credits) wouldn't make sense because it was already stated that she came from Hollow Bastion.

Would still love to fight Shin-Ra heartless, despite the plot holes.

Village

I actually want him in KH3, but not in an active role until KH4. Basically, Sora, Mickey, and co are getting their collective asses beat by Xehanort's darknesses when suddenly out of nowhere Oswald has a Big Damn Heroes moment and saves the day. Mickey is dumbstruck and Oswald tosses a "This doesn't mean I've forgiven you" as a parting line. When asked who it is, Mickey replies "My older brother". And that's the only time we see Oswald in KH3.

Thats cool, I still want them to be more friendly than not. A long with being somewhat competitive. I like the idea of his brother being a dick and everyone knowing except for like mickey and and maybe riku and sora because he is kinda dumb.
But yeah, the story is WAY to fargone to introduce him now, whenever the next threat strikes, bring him in and come up with contrived convoluted explanation for why he was missing.

Malyse

I'm new to this thread so I apologize if I'm treading old discussions.

Regarding the potential of Midgar, I think there's some plot holes as to whether or not it could happen. In KH2, when Cloud/Sephy disappear after Sora beats him, he asks Tifa where they went. She comments (and I don't have the quote in front of me) that they probably went back to their world.

Which, one would assume that would be Midgar. HOWEVER, Squall or Cid or someone mentions at some point that Hollow Bastion is their home. But then Tifa's line wouldn't make sense, because the Sephy encounter took place in Hollow Bastion.

So either Midgar happens and Hollow Bastion wasn't there home, or Tifa's line didn't line up. I suppose the third alternative is that Cloud/Sephy come from a different world than the other FF characters, but then the whole Cloud looking for Aeris in KH1 (and finding her in the credits) wouldn't make sense because it was already stated that she came from Hollow Bastion.

Would still love to fight Shin-Ra heartless, despite the plot holes.

Simplest way to put it? Throw out all FF preknowledge when it comes to Kingdom Hearts.

Simplest way to put it? Throw out all FF preknowledge when it comes to Kingdom Hearts.

But none of that was preknowledge... Did you read the post? All the references in there were to comments made by FF characters in KH. The only assumption was Midgar, but as stated that couldn't make sense based on other comments within KH.

Not all FF characters cameoing in KH are from Radiant Garden. Some have already been shown to be native to Twilight Town or Destiny Islands. It's not beyond reason to assume that some could be from elsewhere.

There's insufficient justification for Midgar to be a thing, and a lot of reasons why it wouldn't be. Not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I don't see it happening.

Speaking of KH-original worlds, any update on how Daybreak Town is doing?

I accidentally almost called it Sundown Town (sundown towns are a name for certain types of white supremacist communities in the United States). Whoops.

Malyse

But none of that was preknowledge... Did you read the post? All the references in there were to comments made by FF characters in KH. The only assumption was Midgar, but as stated that couldn't make sense based on other comments within KH.

...if you don't have any FF preknowledge, how do you know what Midgar is? That word has not been used in KH. This is what I mean by preknowledge. Anything you know from playing games not called kingdom hearts should be tossed as these are not the same characters.

Speaking of KH-original worlds, any update on how Daybreak Town is doing?

I accidentally almost called it Sundown Town (sundown towns are a name for certain types of white supremacist communities in the United States). Whoops.

Not much. [chi] is really fucking the timeline, because things are happening! We just met Snow White and saved all the dwarves, plus the evil queen has shown up as well. The real problem is that Nomura has directly said that the game is canon, so we're heading for one hell of a resolution. I've the feeling something nigh catastrophic is going to happen, simply because there's a lot that needs to happen to draw us back in line with the universe as of BBS.

That's assuming that [chi] isn't in a parallel universe, which I just realized is absolutely a thing that could happen. T____T

I assume that's what you wanted to know and not about the chocolate Valentines Day fountain in the plaza and the insane Easter egg hunt.

I'm trying to remember my KH canon. Was the Keyblade War the event that shattered the worlds and separated them from each other, or did it take place later than that?

(I love candy but you're right that that wasn't what I wanted to know about, haha.)

I'm confused, what are you guys talking about? Are these KH3 spoilers, or a fanfic, or something else?

Sora: We need to find Xehanort!
Obi-Wan: Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.
Sora: You know him?
Obi-Wan: But of course I know him. He's me.
Riku: Fourteen... Xehanorts?!

*time compression*

zeemumu

My aunt saw me walking around with my Kingdom Key replica

Aunt: What the heck is that?
Me: A really big key.
Aunt: A key to what?
Me: A door.
Aunt: What door?
Me:...I dunno...

Malyse

I'm trying to remember my KH canon. Was the Keyblade War the event that shattered the worlds and separated them from each other, or did it take place later than that?

(I love candy but you're right that that wasn't what I wanted to know about, haha.)

Well, hmm. As of now the worlds are seperate already and the War hasn't started yet. That being said, you have to progress in each world to get to the next. For example, you can only unlock Olympus by playing through Daybreak Town, ect ect. So they are sort of connected?

As for when the split happens? They've never said. One would presume that the war caused it, but you can't be too sure with Nomura's squirrelly ass.

As a side note, we travel around via some crazy ass light corridors. It looks like the dark corridor OrgXIII uses, but it's made of light.

Makine (my character) just got a Sora dress and a Riku dress (kh1 version). I'm pulling so damn hard for a Kairi dress, but I'm expecting a KH2 version of Sora and Riku dresses instead.

Psxphile

Sure you can. They could be talking about the Mark of Mastery. Or they could not understand all the principles of mystical fucking weapon, not unlike a certain set of individuals on a Neo Gaming Age Forum.
Don't do this. Don't be that guy.

I'm confused, what are you guys talking about? Are these KH3 spoilers, or a fanfic, or something else?
They're talking about Kingdom Hearts χ [chi], the PC browser game.

Kingdom Key replica.... y'know, I wonder if they're still selling those keyblade keychains? I've always wanted one but I never got around to actually ordering anything from Square-Enix's webstore. Could never pull the trigger.

zeemumu

Well, hmm. As of now the worlds are seperate already and the War hasn't started yet. That being said, you have to progress in each world to get to the next. For example, you can only unlock Olympus by playing through Daybreak Town, ect ect. So they are sort of connected?

As for when the split happens? They've never said. One would presume that the war caused it, but you can't be too sure with Nomura's squirrelly ass.

As a side note, we travel around via some crazy ass light corridors. It looks like the dark corridor OrgXIII uses, but it's made of light.

Makine (my character) just got a Sora dress and a Riku dress (kh1 version). I'm pulling so damn hard for a Kairi dress, but I'm expecting a KH2 version of Sora and Riku dresses instead.

I think all of the worlds in the realm of light were connected pre-keyblade war, and after it started, darkness emerged and started splitting the realm of light apart, and that was also pre-keyblade war. After the war, the worlds were sealed off from each other, probably to keep another war from happening. When the heartless come back, they break apart the barriers, which allows the gummi ships to travel between them. The barriers were put up between BBS and KH1 because Ventus, Terra, and Aqua can travel between worlds through (space?) with no problem using the lanes between, which shouldn't be possible if the barriers are up.

Kingdom Key replica.... y'know, I wonder if they're still selling those keyblade keychains? I've always wanted one but I never got around to actually ordering anything from Square-Enix's webstore. Could never pull the trigger.

I bought a set of those off of Amazon once. I switch them out on my necklace.

Malyse

Don't do this. Don't be that guy.
*sighs* I'm included in that statement.

There are such good stuffs outside of SE's market. When I'm on not phone, I'll link you to some good shit.

Levyne

Banned
BkEtPadCYAE6bit.png

Malyse

After looking at this, can I assume that 2.5 will have a simultaneous worldwide release?

Can I get dual audio, plz?

The fuck would you want dual audio? This is a Disney game; half the reason that Final Mix exists is so Japan can have the English audio. Plus they reanimate all the lip flaps for English so it will match the English cadence, meaning dual audio will intentionally fuck up all the mouth motions. This is also why there will likely not be simultaneous release.

The fuck would you want dual audio? This is a Disney game; half the reason that Final Mix exists is so Japan can have the English audio. Plus they reanimate all the lip flaps for English so it will match the English cadence, meaning dual audio will intentionally fuck up all the mouth motions. This is also why there will likely not be simultaneous release.

because ~~~THE TRUE NIHINGO ROKUSASU~~~

Falk

that puzzling face

Why would you not want A New Day is Dawning in Japanese

It's hilarious.

because ~~~THE TRUE NIHINGO ROKUSASU~~~
Geez, you guys don't have to be dicks about it.

I already played the games several times in english, I am currently studying japanese and would like the option to see how it's like and to help me learn, since I learned English by playing games as a teen. Besides, the FM versions of KH2 and BBS already were dual audio in the theater anyway.

Geez, you guys don't have to be dicks about it.

I already played the games several times in english, I am currently studying japanese and would like the option to see how it's like and to help me learn, since I learned English by playing games as a teen. Besides, the FM versions of KH2 and BBS already were dual audio in the theater anyway.

I think it'd be cool if they included it for people who want that option, but if they didn't include it for games where it'd actually improve the quality of VA and make it a *closer* match to the lip movements (like FFX), I wouldn't expect it for games where it'd decrease the VA quality and make it a worse match for lip movements.

On the other hand, the KH remixes and the FFX/X-2 HD thing are fundamentally different in that KH is being done in-house. But based on the KH 1.5 HD precedent, I'd say that Japanese VA is extremely unlikely for KH 2.5 HD.

I expect the worse in the lip sync department, because they botched KH1. Half the scenes have japanese sync and the other half have english sync, despite the game having only japanese audio.

Did they fix that for the english version?

I expect the worse in the lip sync department, because they botched KH1. Half the scenes have japanese sync and the other half have english sync, despite the game having only japanese audio.

Did they fix that for the english version?

Yes, but I wasn't aware of those mistakes in the JP version (and that's weird).

Psxphile

I remember hearing about that after the Japanese launch, but it never came up again during the english release. And having played through the game twice already I'm fairly certain there was nothing broken about the lip-synching.

Concidering Final Mix 1+2+BBS natively have english lip synch there is not much to worry about when it comes to english release, so it's not too surprising that the Japanese version was the one with inconsistencies.

Tho with 2+BBS it probably will be less of a pain since they already have the japanese lip synchs on disc via teathre mode.

edit: wait... BBSFM teathre mode did have dual audio didn't it?

Tetranet

uh, lol

although yeah disney is best in english

To be perfectly honest Disney is best in the language you first watched it as a child, and English comes second.

edit: Excluding of course the possibility that you are an English-speaker by default, duh.

zarnold56

Has anyone played 1.5HD with a dualshock 4 wired to the ps3? Does it work pretty well? Having trouble going back to ds3 controller now after having my ps4 for a few months.

Falk

that puzzling face
For what it's worth Lightning Returns had dual audio as DLC (disc space etc) and Drakengard 3 will as well. Might be a new trend.

Malyse

I really hope that Hikki is comes back for KH3. That being said, I’m actually okay with her not coming back past that. First off, she writes all of her own songs. I don’t know if you've ever written a song but that ish is hard. Now imagine doing in it two languages. Plus overachiever that she is, she doesn't write one song and then transliterate it into the other language, she goes and wrote a brand new song for each version (and if you haven’t read the translations of Hikari and Passion, I suggest you do so immediately). On top of that, KH3 has already been stated to be the culmination of the Dark Seeker Trilogy, so KH4 will be a new take on the franchise. So why not make a fully clean break and have someone like BoA or Angela Aki (both fluent in English) step in for the next three?

On a more serious note, I’m wondering what kind of song Hikaru will give us for the last game in the trilogy. I think that KH3 is likely to be the darkest entry in the series thus far, something that Hikaru could probably draw on easily. You see, on August 22nd, 2013 her mother committed suicide after an apparent bout with mental illness. In her first statement afterward, Hikaru stated that she was “beyond sad” and felt a lot of remorse. In her previous works, her life has somewhat reflected the tone of her music; when she go married her songs were one way, when she got divorced, another. So emotionally, I’m curious as to what she’d bring to the table for us this time. No doubt that it will be brilliant.

Concidering Final Mix 1+2+BBS natively have english lip synch there is not much to worry about when it comes to english release, so it's not too surprising that the Japanese version was the one with inconsistencies.

Tho with 2+BBS it probably will be less of a pain since they already have the japanese lip synchs on disc via teathre mode.

edit: wait... BBSFM teathre mode did have dual audio didn't it?

Yes BBSFM did have dual audio for cutscenes

Falk

that puzzling face
On one hand you want to ask about release date.

On the other you're pretty sure it's about time Square Enix 'fessed up to that considering half the year's gone by and it was 'slated for 2014' so you don't want to waste your question on that.

Conclusion: Ask Square Enix "Do you plan on revealing the release date?"

CorvoSol

KH GAF, I got 1.5 HD Tropical Remix for Christmas and I'm playing KH 1 on Proud mode and

1) Is this harder than it was in the PS2 version or do I just reeeally suck?

2) Did Sora always have this much trouble closing the distance between enemies in this game, or am I mixing up KH2 with this? Cuz I feel like I am not at all successful at connecting attacks sometimes. Sora is just 'HUH' forward stab and not nearly enough to hit the foes.

No but really I don't remember Proud Mode being this hard. I'm level 40 and I still can't successfully clear Pegasus Cup every time.

Top Bottom