• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Psxphile

New trailer? Into the folder it goes!

Let's see, english-dubbed Final Mix content for KHII. Fucking YES. Didn't see any capes in BbS, though. :(

-Ryn

Banned
October 2nd for 2.5 in Japan, they are also getting a 1.5+2.5 bundle.
tumblr_n04flzwLXw1ssbvp5o1_500.gif

My prediction was wrong :(

Psxphile

I'm a little concerned that the up-close shot of Aqua at the Dark Margin still looks to be using the old PSP model in the new trailer. Hopefully just an oversight.

Tetranet

The teaser
at the end of the new trailer has huge potential. My guess is that they are either both incarnations of Xehanort and referring to him as "the Master" or that they are entirely new characters, possibly a trio, that will appear in KH3 and set up the next saga. EDIT: Some in the other thread mentioned that they could be Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus, seems plausible.

laoni

The teaser
Certainly looks like a young Xehanort at least to me on the left hand side, looking at a side on shot of him from DDD

As for the right, I'm subscribing to the theory it's young Eraqus. He's got the more angular hair, sideburns, and what appears to be a scar over his eye. Althoug that does clash with BbS' showing of the scarring

Pay it no mind.

If there were eldritch abominations running around literally ripping people's hearts out, would you go outside?

Are we collection bragging?
Kingdom Hearts BL
Kingdom Hearts GH
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II BL
Kingdom Hearts II GH
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Japanese
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days English
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts RE: coded
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMix
Plus necklaces and earrings and manga...

Nothing. They didn't remake CoM until after 2 was out, so they won't remake 3D until after 3. That way people won't whine about they wasting time on a remake instead of 3 (which would be valid as the port team would have to be taken from KH3 unless they outsourced it. And no one wants that.) Besides, as it stands now, you can play the entire series with only two systems: A PS3 for 1, CoM, 2, and BBS and a 3DS for Days, coded, and 3D.
I really don't think they're going to fully remake DDD. It's not worth it.

Also, the KH 2.5 trailer contains a bunch of fast freeze-frames from DDD in between the 2.5 footage and the KH3 tease. Let's expect to know more about that before too long.

I really don't think they're going to fully remake DDD. It's not worth it.

Also, the KH 2.5 trailer contains a bunch of fast freeze-frames from DDD in between the 2.5 footage and the KH3 tease. Let's expect to know more about that before too long.

DDD HD as DLC unofficially confirmed

Betting its $20

zeemumu

The war is much older than Xehanort.

I meant that he created a new sect because of his obsession with the Keyblade War, not that he already had a sect DURING the keyblade war. Think of it as him forming his own school based on the old teachings, but putting an emphasis on darkness this time around.

Malyse

I meant that he created a new sect because of his obsession with the Keyblade War, not that he already had a sect DURING the keyblade war. Think of it as him forming his own school based on the old teachings, but putting an emphasis on darkness this time around.

I think it's more likely that he took up the blade of the Capras faction and it using that. We know that he's one of the onles to have wielded more than one Key (as did Mickey and TAV) so it make sense that sometime during his travels he stumbled on the Key that he's using now, found out about when it came from and the KBW and that's what started him down the path.

Now you just have to link this into every Kingdom Hearts 3 related thread up until the game comes out!

Sweetie, I have a 101 fever. I'm barely conscious.

I was able to get into the account I made a long time ago, it's confusing at first but once you learn the menus it's pretty simple. Battle system is pretty straight and I love the card aspect, I really like getting rare cards and stuff and the game is just actually pretty good overall, it's worth a try.

Caladrius

Stolen from KHI: BBSFM controls scheme:

Tho I don't know why not make shotlock either R1 or L1 and free the other button for a shortcut or anything. Anyway trigger toggling is great.

Thank God for dual triggers and sticks. The control improvements alone justify the collection for me.
Well that and my UMD is damaged. :[

Mecha

• No multiplayer for the Mirage Arena, instead they will be changing the balance to make a single player playthrough easier.
  • New story segements added to re:coded, they will be tying it more into the previous games.
  • Remade the textures for BBS
  • Improved colors
  • Re-recorded 90 of the KH2FM songs with an orchestra.

Caladrius

I don't remember ever using it, no
Well, I used the Mirage Arena but not the actual multiplayer.

I forgot the game had multiplayer until they mentioned it. >__>

If they're balanced better for 1-player (which I believe Yasue said) it's probably better off.

I know how insane it sounds, but I really liked the grueling endurance match of trying to fight No Heart at level 60.

40 minutes of delightful tension.

• No multiplayer for the Mirage Arena, instead they will be changing it to make a single playthrough easier.
  • New story added to re:coded, they will be tying it more into the previous games.
  • Remade the textures for BBS
  • Improved colors
  • Re-recorded 90 of the KH2FM songs with an orchestra.

All wonderful news.

Hopefully the coded additions are enough to justify it being in the collection.

Psxphile

Single-player Mirage Arena? I can live with that. I hope they remove the Command Board and kart-racing minigames now that there's no multi-player for them.

Sounds like they translated the English messages into Japanese.
That's not how North American localization works...

Are you talking about the journal's photo album that had Sora's anecdotes scribbled on every pic? I'd be pretty happy if they kept and translated them instead of erasing them completely like in vanilla KH2.

Top Bottom