• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Mecha

Single-player Mirage Arena? I can live with that. I hope they remove the Command Board and kart-racing minigames now that there's no multi-player for them.

That's not how North American localization works...

Are you talking about the journal's photo album that had Sora's anecdotes scribbled on every pic? I'd be pretty happy if they kept and translated them instead of erasing them completely like in vanilla KH2.

In the interview with Yasune they read English messages from the fans to him, then right afterwards they read Japanese versions of the same messages to him. They also gave him the whole "surprise present" keyblade again.

Soriku

Single-player Mirage Arena? I can live with that. I hope they remove the Command Board and kart-racing minigames now that there's no multi-player for them.

That's not how North American localization works...

Are you talking about the journal's photo album that had Sora's anecdotes scribbled on every pic? I'd be pretty happy if they kept and translated them instead of erasing them completely like in vanilla KH2.

You don't even need the multiplayer for those minigames right? Why do you want them to be removed when you're complaining that they erased stuff from vanilla KH2? lol.

I'm guessing they're rebalancing the Arena bosses. Hope they rebalance any minigames too if necessary.

Caladrius

You don't even need the multiplayer for those minigames right? Why do you want them to be removed when you're complaining that they erased stuff from vanilla KH2? lol.

I'm guessing they're rebalancing the Arena bosses. Hope they rebalance any minigames too if necessary.

More importantly I hope the blasted minigames aren't required to unlock the high-level Arena bosses.

Psxphile

I'm talking about the Arena versions of two mini-games that can be played elsewhere normally.

Because without multi-player they're redundant and just another thing that needs to be played multiple times in order to advance in the Arena. Which was one of the things I remember not being fond of.

In the interview with Yasune they read English messages from the fans to him, then right afterwards they read Japanese versions of the same messages to him. They also gave him the whole "surprise present" keyblade again.
Oh okay. I missed the stream so I didn't know about that. Way too much going on today.

Mirage Arena was made single player or something, they said they didn't have time due to KH 3 lol

Called it.
If they're balanced better for 1-player (which I believe Yasue said) it's probably better off.
Yup. But that means that Armor of the Master and No Heart battles will be easier on PS3 than on PSP.
Agreed (as well as the assorted only-useful-for-multiplayer abilities like Confetti or whatever it was). No reason for the Mirage Arena to contain weird duplicates of both of those minigames if there's no multiplayer.

Listening to the interview right now. Personally while trying out the multiplayer would be cool I am perhaps more happy about them tweaking the arena for more single player focus. The ''additional challenges'' sound interesting for faster medal farming.

Re:Coded is 3 hours long. Should be interesting :lol. Also teasing for a ''brand new story'' in Re:Coded that ties to the other titles...

edit: ''the textures for Kingdom Hearts 2 have been totally remade''. That is interesting. I know they did some fixing in KH1 but he makes it sound like they put a lot more work to this one. Dunno if horseshit but I am exited to see how it looks natively on TV. The gameplay demo is a bit of a bummer considering it's supposedly 6 months old build.

Listening to the interview right now. Personally while trying out the multiplayer would be cool I am perhaps more happy about them tweaking the arena for more single player focus. The ''additional challenges'' sound interesting for faster medal farming.

Re:Coded is 3 hours long. Should be interesting :lol. Also teasing for a ''brand new story'' in Re:Coded that ties to the other titles...

edit: ''the textures for Kingdom Hearts 2 have been totally remade''. That is interesting. I know they did some fixing in KH1 but he makes it sound like they put a lot more work to this one. Dunno if horseshit but I am exited to see how it looks natively on TV. The gameplay demo is a bit of a bummer considering it's supposedly 6 months old build.
Kinda hoping we can refight the Vanitas Remnant and Young Xehanort battles in the Mirage Arena. Maybe some story bosses too.

90 tracks from KH2 are being remade with a 40 man orchestra.

Also recorded in the US this time it seems instead of Japan. Interesting. I dunno too much about the details how these things work but Yoko did mention in an interview something like that they had problems doing it in Tokyo with 1.5 due to having only a limited time to do it over there and being stretched with the ~70 songs 1.5 had remastered so who knows if there is some reason why it works better this way.

edit:
TaQ: I immediately replied that I'd do it, but to be completely honest here, I thought that 66 tracks had to be impossible (laughs). Recording took place in a huge hall in the Tokyo Metropolitan area around September 2012, and since of course the hall had to be unavailable for long periods just when we needed it, we had to finish recording in one day and that was that. We had to be out of the hall by 9:30pm, but by the time it was 7:30pm we hadn't even finished recording half...

Shimomura: You're saying it with a smile now, TaQ, but on the day you scared me. Your smile started fading away... (laughs).

TaQ: The orchestra members were running out of breath, and conversations stopped (laughs).

Shimomura: But, the orchestra members were so dedicated.

Tsuchiya: That's the difficult thing about orchestral recording. All the instrument sounds are recorded in one go at the same time, so you can't just go in after and replace one instrument or add a layer. It was a severe spot that required the orchestra members to play for twelve hours with no mistakes. But, since the hall had great acoustics, and some members of gaQdan were KH fans who started getting excited as they recognised songs, the orchestra members were very passionate.

TaQ: The moment when the musicians became one entity to finish the last few... I don't think I'll forget it as long as I live.

Shimomura: Every minute was precious, to the point where nobody even went to the toilet.

TaQ: When we finished, I was so overcome with emotion that I started applauding.

Shimomura: I wondered if perhaps the remaining time would stress them out and affect their performance, and if so, whether I should give up on a few songs and have them focus on the ones we were up to... but, in the end, thanks to all of their tremendous focuses, they were able to record for me every single song I had requested.

Falk

that puzzling face
90 tracks from KH2 are being remade with a 40 man orchestra.

Actually I can tell you a little more about that. It was a 43 piece string section and then some, including woodwinds, horn section, piano, etc. Brings out the best of the music, especially live strings and piano (with the virtuoso piano stuff in e.g. the boss tracks being performed by a name that most Square Enix music fans would instantly recognize).

He's a Pirate sounds freaking amazing

Actually I can tell you a little more about that. It was a 43 piece string section and then some, including woodwinds, horn section, piano, etc. Brings out the best of the music, especially live piano (with the virtuoso piano stuff in e.g. the boss tracks being performed by a name that most Square Enix music fans would instantly recognize).

He's a Pirate sounds freaking amazing
I hope we get a tease of the new music soon. Along with the boxart of course! Japanese release isn't THAT far away.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also recorded in the US this time it seems instead of Japan. Interesting. I dunno too much about the details how these things work but Yoko did mention in an interview something like that they had problems doing it in Tokyo with 1.5 due to having only a limited time to do it over there and being stretched with the ~70 songs 1.5 had remastered so who knows if there is some reason why it works better this way.

edit:

Tangential, but you know, I stumbled on that very same interview recently, and my mind was blown. I've been a huge TaQ fan since early bemani/IIDX days and it's awesome seeing how his career has developed since he left Konami literally a decade ago now.

I heard that EXP Zero was apparently getting a 1.5 style rebalancing in BBS HD. Can someone confirm that? I can't get to the interview at the moment.

Mecha

I heard that EXP Zero was apparently getting a 1.5 style rebalancing in BBS HD. Can someone confirm that? I can't get to the interview at the moment.

I haven't heard anything about that, besides 1.5 added EXP Zero for KH1, there was no EXP Zero to balance.

I haven't heard anything about that, besides 1.5 added EXP Zero for KH1, there was no EXP Zero to balance.

Nevermind, found it:

- In KH 1.5 new abilities like “EXP Zero” and “Combo Master” were added, will there be new ones in KH 2.5 too?

Yasue: There isn’t anything new. However, we fine tuned the degree of difficulty when you equip EXP Zero in BBS. We took a survey regarding BBS’s degree of difficulty, and overall it had reputation of being well balanced. Since we didn’t want to ruin a good thing, we didn’t make any big changes.

Also:

Also, the Mirage Arena won’t have multiplayer elements this time, so we adjusted the enemies strength that way the battles are still high tensioned but enjoyable playing alone. There is a tough boss in the final stages, but we made it faster and changed the AI a little, so it’s a more of a challenge than before. It’s not the type of boss you’ll be able to suppress simply with strength, you’ll have to think about how to fight.

Haha, sounds like they made No Heart even more of a pain in the ass.

Caladrius

Haha, sounds like they made No Heart even more of a pain in the ass.

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

He really needs to be harder. The only thing keeping that fight from being my GOAT is the difficulty.

Caladrius

Wait I thought No Heart was supposed to be really hard...

Not at high levels like a sane person would do. On lower ones (My first couple of tries were at level 60) he's an utter buttwipe because you do pitiful (no more than 5 points) damage per hit.

Wait I thought No Heart was supposed to be really hard...

He really isn't. It's more of a test of endurance if anything, especially when fighting him alone. Makes sense that he'd have to be rebalanced, though. I recall the devs saying he was specifically balanced & designed with multiplayer in mind in BBSFM.

I honestly had a trickier time with Monstro, and that had more to do with getting a reliable lock on the damn whale.

Any chance they will tweak mysterious figure fight?

Doubt it. He was already tweaked a bit from the International release to the Final Mix release.

Though I just realized that he should be far easier with a controller now, especially since you can use the shoulder buttons to scroll through commands now.

raven777

The rope was nerfed in BBS, so I imagine they won't do much else.
oh ic. I actually haven't played against him but from the videos and what ppl said it looks quite broken with role+surge

Doubt it. He was already tweaked a bit from the International release to the Final Mix release.

Though I just realized that he should be far easier with a controller now, especially since you can use the shoulder buttons to scroll through commands now.

Oh I didn't realize he was in original BBS as well. I thought it was added boss in FM.

Oh I didn't realize he was in original BBS as well. I thought it was added boss in FM.

Well, he is... sorta.

The original JP release didn't have him in it, but he was added to the US/EU release of the game, then subsequently added (and tweaked) in Final Mix.

Exact same thing happened with Sephiroth in KH1, funnily enough, right down to the AI being tweaked in the Final Mix.

Tsunamo

Before Mirage Arena was confirmed Singleplayer only I wanted Multiplayer because playing by yourself felt unbalanced but with confirmation of them rebalancing it I don't mind multiplayer being cut.

Happy to see 2 getting some recomposed tracks aswell, even if Yoko prettymuch confirmed it before 2.5 was.
Some guy on twitch is grinding to level 100 on KH1 at Destiny Islands, I wish him luck.
The Mink and Paddington Bear attempted that on 1.5's Japanese release while posting about it on this thread if I remember right, not sure if they ever hit it though.

It would be fun to go through the rest of the game at that level though if you have the patience.

Mecha

Before Mirage Arena was confirmed Singleplayer only I wanted Multiplayer because playing by yourself felt unbalanced but with confirmation of them rebalancing it I don't mind multiplayer being cut.

Happy to see 2 getting some recomposed tracks aswell, even if Yoko prettymuch confirmed it before 2.5 was.The Mink and Paddington Bear attempted that on 1.5's Japanese release while posting about it on this thread if I remember right, not sure if they ever hit it though.

It would be fun to go through the rest of the game at that level though if you have the patience.

If he keeps blocking Selphie's whip for experience it will take him 333,333 successful blocks to go from 1-100, that would take around 463 hours of just doing that.

sasuke_91

If he keeps blocking Selphie's whip for experience it will take him 333,333 successful blocks to go from 1-100, that would take around 463 hours of just doing that.
I always blocked Tidus' attack. You get 2 EXP instead of one and he attacks more consistently.
Lvl 25 was my record for Destiny Island. Never did it again, because it's a pain in the ass^^

He really isn't. It's more of a test of endurance if anything, especially when fighting him alone. Makes sense that he'd have to be rebalanced, though. I recall the devs saying he was specifically balanced & designed with multiplayer in mind in BBSFM.

I honestly had a trickier time with Monstro, and that had more to do with getting a reliable lock on the damn whale.

My guess is that they'll make him hit harder but they'll lessen the total defense/HP so it doesn't take as long to finish him off.

Mecha

On IGN Yasue stated that they might consider a "next gen" version of the HD collections but nothing is currently in the works. Also, special editions have not been decided on for the west yet.

On IGN Yasue stated that they might consider a "next gen" version of the HD collections but nothing is currently in the works. Also, special editions have not been decided on for the west yet.

Even if current gen versions are planned, surely wouldn't announce it now. They want as many people as possible to keep buying the PS3 exclusive versions of these games.

Then they can announce the $60 bundles

Here's hoping Jump Festa 2014 (After NA/EU 2.5 release)

zeemumu

First time beating Riku on the island on my first try in a playthrough, and my first time winning the fight against Leon in Traverse Town.

Top Bottom