• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

In addition, we added a “secret episode” thing, though I can’t talk about it’s contents. When you watch it, it’ll connect the missing links of the other Kingdom Hearts titles and deepen your understanding of the story.

Looks like we might finally get Birth By Sleep Volume 2 in 2.5 (even if it's in another form)

Tsunamo

The question was in reply to Re:codeds 2.5 Cutscene only edition but the answer implied to me that it would be tying up loose ends in the series, rather than just Re:coded.

Which fits in with what I thought Birth By Sleep Volume 2 was attempting to do. I could just be over analyzing things though, for all I know it could be something completely different but I do recall Nomura saying he had a story for v2 that ought to be told and this is the only place I could think to tell it other than 3 now, might be a bit hard to fit it all into a secret ending though.

The question was in reply to Re:codeds 2.5 Cutscene only edition but the answer implied to me that it would be tying up loose ends in the series, rather than just Re:coded.

Which fits in with what I thought Birth By Sleep Volume 2 was attempting to do. I could just be over analyzing things though, for all I know it could be something completely different but I do recall Nomura saying he had a story for v2 that ought to be told and this is the only place I could think to tell it other than 3 now, might be a bit hard to fit it all into a secret ending though.
Well, I really hope it's more than just a new RE:Coded cutscene lol, we'll see in 5 months!
;__;

THEY CUT MULTIPLAYER FROM MIRAGE ARENA

crying-waterfalls.gif

THEY CUT MULTIPLAYER FROM MIRAGE ARENA

crying-waterfalls.gif

Why is this surprising? Mirage Arena was always going to need a serious reworking for this. They're not going to pay the PSN fees for non-ad-hoc multiplayer for an HD collection.

Frankly, the fact that the Mirage Arena battles are getting better balanced for single player (and we're getting some additional Mirage Arena content) is going to vastly improve the experience of the vast majority of players.

They're adding new content in the arena? any idea of what it might be?

Wasn't it said in an interview that there might be one or two additional matches in the arena, in addition to rebalancing certain fights to make them more suitable for single-player?

I'm guessing that they'll likely end up cutting the duplicate Command Board and Rumble Racing modes out of the Mirage Arena, though, since they serve no purpose if they're not a multiplayer version of the mode you can already play elsewhere. That means finding a way to make up for the 11 Arena Levels that they represent.

It also means cutting out the assorted multiplayer-only commands like Fireworks and Group Cure and stuff.

Any new Mirage Arena content is unlikely to be *really* new content, but they might let you re-fight tougher versions of some of the Disney bosses or something, I suppose.

Wasn't it said in an interview that there might be one or two additional matches in the arena, in addition to rebalancing certain fights to make them more suitable for single-player?

I'm guessing that they'll likely end up cutting the duplicate Command Board and Rumble Racing modes out of the Mirage Arena, though, since they serve no purpose if they're not a multiplayer version of the mode you can already play elsewhere. That means finding a way to make up for the 11 Arena Levels that they represent.

It also means cutting out the assorted multiplayer-only commands like Fireworks and Group Cure and stuff.

Any new Mirage Arena content is unlikely to be *really* new content, but they might let you re-fight tougher versions of some of the Disney bosses or something, I suppose.
I hope they do more than some Disney bosses, but I think that's asking too much from an HD Remaster tho.

They'll add the non-nerfed version of Mysterious Figure back in as a "new" Arena challenge.

Isn't his fishing-line move the only part that got nerfed?

It'd be pretty cool if they could add in some content from Dream Drop Distance, I suppose, since it's all basically the same graphical and combat engine for the most part. Ansem SoD and Xemnas battles?

They'll add the non-nerfed version of Mysterious Figure back in as a "new" Arena challenge.
Maybe another recolor of Vanitas
Isn't his fishing-line move the only part that got nerfed?

It'd be pretty cool if they could add in some content from Dream Drop Distance, I suppose, since it's all basically the same graphical and combat engine for the most part. Ansem SoD and Xemnas battles?
I'd love that, but I don't think they would be up for that...

Pretty sure he only mentioned EXP Zero getting rebalanced and Mirage Arena's final boss (No Heart, probably) being tweaked.

Unless he said this sometime during E3, in which case, Armor of the Master, Monstro and No Heart technically qualify as new content for the western market.

And yeah, Re:Coded's new scenes are definitely going to end up covering whatever BBSv2 was going to cover.

Tsunamo

That was the only one I really noticed when I play it. I feel like there may have been a few mild damage nerfs too.
Perhaps I was just much better at battling him at the point but I do feel there was damage nerfs to MF on top of the fishing-line move. It only took me a couple of trys to beat him versus what felt like 50+ trys on the English version of Birth By Sleep with Aqua.

Vanitas Remnant took me much longer due to framerate inconsistency screwing with my ability to dodge his moves/judge when they'd come at me, Final Mix on 2.5 will be a joy for that battle compared to playing on a PSP 1000.
That would be pretty neat.
I'm eagerly awaiting the reveal of the box-art for 2.5

1.5's one is really beautiful, hope is something similar or better.
While we got a 2.5 date and a 3 teaser at E3 not seeing this and seeing old KH2 keyart instead made me really sad :(

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nomura comes up with.

zeemumu

Had a surreal moment at California Adventure the other day. I was watching the Aladdin show and it got to the point where Jafar had the lamp and said "whoever has 3 wishes coming their way, raise their hand." I was wearing a three wishes keyblade pendant around my neck and raised my hand.

Falk

that puzzling face
I liked it better to be honest... it just worked better as a portable game in my opinion considering how much it retreads.

funkypie

Banned
is it worth grinding to defeat sephiroth? I'm about lvl 56 and at the last save point before the final boss.

I know I can see the cut-scene on youtube,but I dunno if I should or not.

Tsunamo

Brand new CoM obtained! Now only the easy ones (Days, re:CoM, re:coded, BBS, 3D, and KH1.5) left!
Oh how I miss that brand new GBA box, mine's still in-tact (and the only GBA box I still have) but i've had it for years so it's a bit more worn down being put on my shelf unsealed. That and I lent my copy of the game to a friend and haven't heard from them in a long time so I'll probably never get it back.
Why do people think this? It'd be neat, sure, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that much.
Well the answer said it'd be tying up missing links from other Kingdom Hearts titles and I still think that was the intention of BBSv2s story, if you take out the bulk of a games story linked to gameplay to tell that (Aqua exploring the dark realm) and just stick to just showing unexplored periods in the series in video form I could see them making it work.

That and Nomuras comment on a story for it existing that ought to be told so I figure this is the last opportunity to do it outside of/before 3. I'm not getting my hopes up though, just thinking that's what it might possibly explore.
Lads does anyone know if the trophies in the 2.5HD will stack this time round? I can't imagine playing BBS 9 times -_-.
I really really hope so if they have difficulty trophies, although for BBS I could see them going for something like beat the game on critical with TAV and the Final/Secret Episodes rather than taking up more trophy slots with multiple difficulty trophies.

That and if they use BBS/BBSFM's trophies as a base they only had one difficulty trophy (beat the game on proud or critical with all three characters)
is it worth grinding to defeat sephiroth? I'm about lvl 56 and at the last save point before the final boss.

I know I can see the cut-scene on youtube,but I dunno if I should or not.
It is satisfying when you finally beat him (and now get a keyblade along with a small cutscene) but it's probably not worth the grinding if you're not interested in doing side-stuff when you're at the end of the game imo.

Well the answer said it'd be tying up missing links from other Kingdom Hearts titles and I still think that was the intention of BBSv2s story, if you take out the bulk of a games story linked to gameplay to tell that (Aqua exploring the dark realm) and just stick to just showing unexplored periods in the series in video form I could see them making it work.

This, pretty much. It seems pretty obvious from it's concept trailer that jumping along the series timeline to touch on the mysteries of some of the unexplored parts of the series was likely BBSv2's aim. Now that we know Re:Coded's extra scenes aim to touch on unexplained mysteries and tie the series together, I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

That and Nomuras comment on a story for it existing that ought to be told so I figure this is the last opportunity to do it outside of/before 3. I'm not getting my hopes up though, just thinking that's what it might possibly explore.

Nomura's repeatedly said for years that he's wanted to at least touch upon Mickey's adventures in the dark realm in the background of KH1 leading into CoM. At the very least, I fully expect that to be explored in some capacity. Coded's already a bit Mickey-centric anyway, so it wouldn't be too out of place.

Psxphile

Several days old but:

Famitsu Interview with Tai Yasue said:
- KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, three games from the series have been HD remastered for the first time, was released last year. How were the fan reactions?

Tai Yasue: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX in general received positive feedback. However in the cutscenes of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days, we received opinions that it was “difficult to understand because there were no battle scenes”. So KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded was created in the same manner in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX as footage with both battle scenes and event cutscenes. The battles will be one of the highlights of this title.
Cue sigh of relief on my end, though I wish they had considered this from the beginning so that Days wouldn't be so barren of conflict. I mean, ffs they even cut out
Roxas vs. Saix
completely. That was a battle 348 Days in the making.

Famitsu Interview with Tai Yasue said:
- Interesting. (laughs) Concerning the action, it looks like the Keyblade can transform. Nomura said there were also “ridiculous transformations”.

Yasue: Yeah. (laughs) In worlds where there is [omitted], the Keyblade can change into [omitted]. The Keyblade will also be reflected on the style of the world.
His answer suggests more than one enemy type for KHIII that they're trying to keep under wraps. Or perhaps the Keyblade transforms into specific weapons depending on the situation on hand. Kinda like how there were specific Reaction Commands for certain enemies in KHII.

His answer suggests more than one enemy type for KHIII that they're trying to keep under wraps. Or perhaps the Keyblade transforms into specific weapons depending on the situation on hand. Kinda like how there were specific Reaction Commands for certain enemies in KHII.

Not gonna lie, my brain replaced the [omitted] with [lightsabers].

the project of KINGDOM HEARTS III has been proceeding considerably. It was an excerpt of the beginning of the storyboard Nomura drew in the footage.

sums up the whole thing
jk

I think I mentioned it on another thread but it's interesting that AFAIK for the past 10 years there has always been a new Kingdom Hearts trailer at Jump Festa and indeed I don't think there has really ever been a big timeslot with nothing to look foreward to (if you were Japanese or were one of those silly importers). Post KH1 there usually has always been multiple KH projects announced at one time too.

So the question is if they can keep up with the tradition. JF2015 would be a good time to get a new trailer for KH3, over a year after the last trailer we got at D23 and if the ''project has been proceeding considerably'' you'd hope they had something to show especially since it's been a few months after 2.5 release in Japan and a few days after western release. Then of course there is the possible DDD HD or whatever that they could do to have something to feed the fanbase with until KH3 finally starts to be in a form that is ready for proper showing. Tho to be honest it feels like Yasue really wanted to give the impression that KH3 actually is coming along from the interviews in Famitsu and SE Presents. Here's hoping he isn't just bullshitting.

I will not accept nothing at all/another scetch ;). I do wonder what it is with Jump Festa that makes it a place where Nomura or whoever usually wants to show something. Poor TGS.

zeemumu

I bet the omitted part said "guns," which wouldn't be a spoiler since we've seen the gun transformations in the demo trailer, but it might give away what world will be in it since guns (at least modern ones) aren't found in most disney films, so it would narrow it down quite a bit.

I'm hoping that they dive into the world of the more underrated Disney films. Treasure Planet and Atlantis would make fantastic levels.

I see Dreamdrop is banned yet again. Slow down kiddo!

And obviously the ''ommited'' is for chainsaw blade making it's glorious return. I mean there are many worlds with chainsaws right?

I don't expect KH3 to suffer the same circumstances as FFXV. They have to answer to Disney, after all.

And if the omitted word was guns, perhaps they're returning to Pirates?

Lastly, a thought I just had, if they have to have another Atlantica sing-along, hopefully they ditch The Little Mermaid for Frozen. That said, I don't know that they'd bring in any more princesses what with the Princesses of Light surely being important the next go-around?

zeemumu

I don't expect KH3 to suffer the same circumstances as FFXV. They have to answer to Disney, after all.

And if the omitted word was guns, perhaps they're returning to Pirates?

Lastly, a thought I just had, if they have to have another Atlantica sing-along, hopefully they ditch The Little Mermaid for Frozen. That said, I don't know that they'd bring in any more princesses what with the Princesses of Light surely being important the next go-around?

I don't know if Frozen would work as well. There's no real central villain (aside from Hans) so the final boss fight number would be weird. Honestly if they mention guns I'm hoping for treasure planet. They have space guns.

Falk

that puzzling face
Worlds don't need to involve the villain to function in the KH narrative. See: Beauty and the Beast.

zeemumu

Worlds don't need to involve the villain to function in the KH narrative. See: Beauty and the Beast.

No, but the musical one specifically kind of does. You can't have the custom heartless boss or one of the main custom villains singing. That would be too silly. Frozen could function as a regular world, but a musical one might not work out.

Top Bottom