• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

Not in my experience. I just completed Proud runs of both Sora and Riku. Game runs like butter most of the time. Honestly, the worst moment was during a game-generated cut-scene in the Destiny Islands card world.
Yeah same here. The only real difference I noticed to the PS2 version was the loading times seem to be more lengthy.

Falk

that puzzling face
BysDLUBCMAACycA.jpg:large

Oh man

Anyone wanna place bets on trophy list leak date? Literally is the moment of truth (w.r.t. how many playthroughs required D: )

Oh man

Anyone wanna place bets on trophy list leak date? Literally is the moment of truth (w.r.t. how many playthroughs required D: )
We won't know for sure until someone actually completes the game! :d

(or if they specifically mention it on the trophy info). I'm still sticking with Tuesday.

Now that I think about it if there is another no continues trophy I might as well play the game twice even if the difficulty trophies stack rather than reload a save everytime I die.

Tsunamo

I was gonna go with Tuesday but Frank's taken that one so i'll go with Wednesday
Australian Western Standard Time :p

I'd say i'm placing bets on two or three days of streaming the game before someone manages to beat the game due to no one skipping cutscenes, amount of time dedicated to streaming and it usually being people who get lucky getting a copy early or live in Japan and aren't that great at the gameplay streaming until peoples imports arrive. (then folks like Cyber64 get a copy and start streaming when it releases) That's usually how the pattern goes with KH releases from memory anyway.

Then again though someone on 2ch could just pop up and say if they're stackable before then. If I remember right someone finished DDD really early and revealed the ending there before streamers got to that point.

Hopefully the trophy descriptions will reveal the difficulty questions (and any non-completionist trophies such as speed runs or no-continue runs or no-equipment-change runs or level-1 runs).

BBS's in-game trophies don't require you to complete the game on Critical mode to earn them all (there's a trophy you get for completing the game on Proud *or* Critical). Hopefully that'll remain the same for the 2.5 HD Remix. BBS/DDD Critical sucks.

I don't hate a challenge, but those modes are all about plinking away at enemies and barely doing any damage whatsoever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*reads KH2 trophies*
At least there's no "don't change weapons or armor" Trophy, or a speed-run trophy. But I don't see myself beating Critical mode, or getting most of those Gummi trophies.

*reads Birth by Sleep trophies*
Yeaaaah no... especially the ice cream rhythm game. Unless it's gotten easier, but when I tried it the first time I sucked. Though a lot of that is because I don't have rhythm. Harmoknight was a nightmare... and yet I could at least play Rock Band Guitar on Expert. No idea how happens.

Caladrius

I don't know how you people can press on through the journal/reports.

I've beaten all but one of the extra bosses in the series and I find that more dreadful than any of them. (Except the unknown in the original BBS NA/EU version)

*reads KH2 trophies*
At least there's no "don't change weapons or armor" Trophy, or a speed-run trophy. But I don't see myself beating Critical mode, or getting most of those Gummi trophies.

*reads Birth by Sleep trophies*
Yeaaaah no... especially the ice cream rhythm game. Unless it's gotten easier, but when I tried it the first time I sucked. Though a lot of that is because I don't have rhythm. Harmoknight was a nightmare... and yet I could at least play Rock Band Guitar on Expert. No idea how happens.

Critical Mode KH2 is seriously awesome. Enemies deal more damage; you deal more damage. You get more item drops in general (but level up more slowly) and it just generally turns KH2 into more of an action game and lessens a fair amount of the RPG-grind focus (though, by raising the difficulty, you've still got to pay a lot of attention to what you're equipping, leveling your forms, and so on).

Critical Mode BBS, though... yeesh. Horrendous. You start with, I think, one more command slot? But that doesn't mean that you get one more in the endgame (I think - it'd be pretty badass if you did). Also enemies barely take any damage. The defensive gameplay is fine (if inferior to KH2's), but in terms of offense you're basically just plinking away at enemies the entire time. Aqua's fight against Vanitas in Neverland is especially notoriously bad on Critical Mode because basically anything you do to him deals 1 damage unless you do a bunch of grinding.

Tsunamo

You win this round Andre! (or is it Frank because it's Tuesday here)

Anyway looking at the trophy list 2 Final Mix seems pretty tame,basically your standard beat the game and 100% it, and maybe beat it again if they're still not stackable. The only things that bug me are getting into Limit form 13 times as that's mostly down to chance and obtaining all gummi ship blueprints because I don't know if they're all unlocked by playing normally or what's required to get them all. I do enjoy the Kingdom Hearts 2 Gummi Missions more than the original though so I wont mind playing through it as much.

Birth By Sleep's the real hurdle, Critical mode's difficult but it's still perfectly doable. Completing Reports with everyone will be a major grind, i've only ever done it with Aqua and it took me a rediculous amount of time, doing it with Terra and Ven aswell will take me forever.

Regardless i'm looking forward to giving it a shot.
And lol at Re:Codeds gold trophy.
Re:coded Master Obtain all trophies
Because it's really that much of an effort to master sitting through a movie and reading some character logs.

Falk

that puzzling face
I get the feeling that a significant fraction of people who are going for plat are going to pussy out and do all the bosses/etc on Beginner anyway and do the bare minimum to clear on Critical. That's an additional playthrough.

Ah, that's an easy platinum for KH2 it seems. I did all that stuff many times on the PS2. The only thing I'm worried about are the gummi ship missions. They can't be worse than Atlantica 2 and 3, can they?

Tsunamo

Nooooo
Play-Asia (probably) wont ship my copy until Friday and there's no weekend post here so i'll be waiting until Monday (or later if Fed-Ex pretend i'm not home) to play 2.5 ;_;
I get the feeling that a significant fraction of people who are going for plat are going to pussy out and do all the bosses/etc on Beginner anyway and do the bare minimum to clear on Critical. That's an additional playthrough.
I feel like that's almost cheating but if it works whatever floats your boat I guess.

The Anti-Form trophy shouldn't be too hard if you equip Two Become One, since that gives you a 50/50 chance of transforming into either Final or Anti Form when equipped.

Edit: Actually, if you use Two Become One before unlocking Final, you'll always get Anti-Form. Problem solved.

Nooooo
Play-Asia (probably) wont ship my copy until Friday and there's no weekend post here so i'll be waiting until Monday (or later if Fed-Ex pretend i'm not home) to play 2.5 ;_;I feel like that's almost cheating but if it works whatever floats your boat I guess.

Wait, what the fuck? Play-Asia aren't shipping out copies until Friday?

Tsunamo

I wouldn't have found out if my friend didn't bring a post on their facebook to my attention saying that it's a public holiday on October 1st and 2nd in Hong Kong so they will be out of their offices until Friday but that all shipments processed today have been shipped.
https://www.facebook.com/playasia/posts/10152778217718812

I was hoping they might have chucked 2.5 in todays batch and shipped it off early rather than waiting but my order has October 3rd as the delivery time so I guess not. It sucks but what can you do. They might have shipped it today for some people though.
The Anti-Form trophy shouldn't be too hard if you equip Two Become One, since that gives you a 50/50 chance of transforming into either Final or Anti Form when equipped.

Edit: Actually, if you use Two Become One before unlocking Final, you'll always get Anti-Form. Problem solved.
Oh neat, I wasn't aware of that.

I wouldn't have found out if my friend didn't bring a post on their facebook to my attention saying that it's a public holiday on October 1st and 2nd in Hong Kong so they will be out of their offices until Friday but that all shipments processed today have been shipped.
https://www.facebook.com/playasia/posts/10152778217718812

I was hoping they might have chucked 2.5 in todays batch and shipped it off early rather than waiting but my order has October 3rd as the delivery time so I guess not. It sucks but what can you do. They might have shipped it today for some people though. Oh neat, I wasn't aware of that.

Oh, god damn it. I was hoping to play this by Friday or Saturday. I should have ordered from Nin-Nin or something.

Edit: Though taking time zones into account and the fact that I went with the fastest FedEx shipping, I might have it by Saturday. Hopefully.

iosefe

Ah, that's an easy platinum for KH2 it seems. I did all that stuff many times on the PS2. The only thing I'm worried about are the gummi ship missions. They can't be worse than Atlantica 2 and 3, can they?
They don't have cringeworthy music, for one.

And when it comes to gummi mission 3, where you get control of the camera, it's pretty cool.

Well, at least it seems BBS has only one difficulty related trophy anyway so I won't have to enjoy playing each campaing 4 times. No idea if KH2 trophies stack. I sure hope they do since there is no equipment change/no continues trophy so one 100% playtrough would be enough.

Otherwise it's pretty safe trophy list. Not much clever stuff either. I have no idea if 5000 points in skateboarding is a lot or not.

S ranking EX missions nicholsonnod.jif

Some of the trophies are a bit insulting. It's a thing that annoys me about most games, there is always some trophies that just make no sense. Why have a trophy for Anti Form 13 times? Once is not enough? That's not skill based, it's stupid. Not hard but still stupid.

Same for Pete D-Link thing. Why? What's the point? Why not just ''collect all D-links'' or something?

Personally I never had any problems with the rythm minigame in BBS so bring it on.

edit: well ok, took a closer look and KH2 only has 2 difficulty related trophies so even if they don't stack you only have to do one speedrun in proud/critical so it's not THAT bad even if it doesn't stack. 4 times would have been ass.

sasuke_91

Difficulty trophies not stacking is stupid. I don't know if I'll ever play KH1 again. Played it so many times on my PS2 and now I have to go for lower difficulty?
I don't mind rhythm games, but the music is bad. Leave that stuff for Theatrhythm :p (great game btw)

I got a feeling we might hear bout DDD HD before the year is done. Jump Festa just in time few weeks after 2.5 releases in the west yay.

Heck, what else they gon do after Type-0 comes out? XII? PFFFFT!

I don't even know which of the two dissapointing games I want remastered the most!
XII since it has better chance being on Vita. Tho who knows with SE nowdays. I can only pray they want dem Japanese sales.

I was right and it's happening.

Square will probably do to this remaster like they did to Type0 HD and will provide a KH3 demo.

Ps4/One late 2015 with the HD complete bundle coming at the same time for like $60-80 bucks

Haha, welp. They're totally going to pull out a DDD HD port and bundle it with a KHIII demo.

Secret movie sounds like they're going to show
people getting 'Norted for the purposes of joining Org. XIII.
Good on the guy for not wanting to spoil it, though.

Tsunamo

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX's credits reportedly contain scenes from

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts...ly-contains-scenes-from-spoiler#ixzz3EoxS0l4W
DDD HD confirmed
With Kingdom Hearts 3 demo. Please Square-Enix.

Also what do you know, I was right about 2ch leaks. Next up someone getting a copy and streaming the game.

I didn't expect people to get to the credits this quick but finishing Re:Coded probably unlocks them so it makes sense. Only a matter of time before the new scenes get added to youtube or shown I guess.
Oh, god damn it. I was hoping to play this by Friday or Saturday. I should have ordered from Nin-Nin or something.

Edit: Though taking time zones into account and the fact that I went with the fastest FedEx shipping, I might have it by Saturday. Hopefully.
Yeah I was gonna say Hong Kongs Friday might be someones Thursday so it's possible you might.

Secret movie sounds like they're going to show
people getting 'Norted for the purposes of joining Org. XIII.
Good on the guy for not wanting to spoil it, though.
Yeah. That and maybe
The rest of the guardians of light

Falk

that puzzling face
Oct 2nd in Boston, 11th in Taiwan.

Piano solo in Boston, orchestral medley in Taiwan, keeps things different

The plan is for video/audio recording so we'll see what happens!

Falk

that puzzling face
Let's make a compromise. If it's been uploaded by someone (not that I'm condoning that, mind you, this was more of if it's music in someone's gameplay stream for example) I'll talk about it. Which was the initial plan anyway.

Andrefpvs

So, huh, what happened to 2.5 having "more trophies than 1.5"?

UAk7zux.png

56 + 6 + 48 = 110 trophies
1215 + 315 + 1170 = 2700 points

GUmDv5V.png

51 + 5 + 46 = 102 trophies
1200 + 300 + 1170 = 2670 points

They could have even put an extra free Bronze trophy in Re:coded (compare it to Days), but apparently thought it was too much work? ;o

iosefe

So, huh, what happened to 2.5 having "more trophies than 1.5"?

UAk7zux.png

56 + 6 + 48 = 110 trophies
1215 + 315 + 1170 = 2700 points

GUmDv5V.png

51 + 5 + 46 = 102 trophies
1200 + 300 + 1170 = 2670 points

They could have even put an extra free Bronze trophy in Re:coded (compare it to Days), but apparently thought it was too much work? ;o
plus BBS in-game trophies? unless those became actual trophies

Top Bottom