• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Psxphile

I chose Terra first back on the PSP, and that's considered the better "first" choice. But Ven first also works as it plays up the "What's wrong with Terra?" angle from Ven's point of view. Whatever you choose, it is imperative that you save Aqua for last, as her route tends to complete the arcs for most of the worlds as well as the overall plot.

Tsunamo

Terra, Ven then Aqua is the recommended order for story. Honestly though go with whatever you'd rather play first, someone who plays slow but uses stronger attacks (Terra) Someone faster and plays a bit more closer to older games (Ven) or someone who does cartwheels to dodge and is heavily magic based and is the best character in the game (Aqua)
I bring no bias into this :p

#teamven->terra->aqua

I wouldn't want to play with Ven's reach after Terra :(. Also story flows best that way. PLUS Terra has the hardest last boss.

Really it doesn't matter too much but Aqua should be last.

Also goddangit Japan where are da streams?

raven777

ib0KnsHkwDoxV8.jpg

wow at that crisp art.

But that AA...

Yeah. The new tv spots had terrible AA too. Goddamnit PS3!

Resolution seems to be exactly the same as 1.5 or something very close. So something like 900p or whatever it was. It was some weird ass resolution.

Compare that to those friggin bullshots with perfect AA they released :lol.

Tsunamo

I don't notice the aliasing that much, my TV hides it well though when it upscales stuff.

And holy moly that looks amazing, can't wait to see how 2.5 looks on my screen once I finally get it.

raven777

I don't notice the aliasing that much, my TV hides it well though when it upscales stuff.

And holy moly that looks amazing, can't wait to see how 2.5 looks on my screen once I finally get it.

yea when I was playing 1.5 the aliasing wasn't really noticeable like the screenshots.

Tsunamo

I missed out on the launch night stream :(

Seems like no one's archived it either yet. Ah well, guess i'll just have to wait for a proper one tomorrow. Re:codeds battle scenes look pretty neat judging from the Olympus Colosseum shots, still sad that Days missed out on that.

iosefe

I missed out on the launch night stream :(

Seems like no one's archived it either yet. Ah well, guess i'll just have to wait for a proper one tomorrow. Re:codeds battle scenes look pretty neat judging from the Olympus Colosseum shots, still sad that Days missed out on that.
It REALLY need those last 3 battles

Tsunamo

Yeah, it really did. Without that it kind of felt like the buildup to those three were all for nothing. There's still the Riku scenes before and after the battle but that's been retreaded for quite awhile. Besides that the Xion battles with all of her forms and Saix would make for great watching material. Ah well.

And just a thought but what if DDDHD were to include a KHChi console version? It certainly would make a repurchase slightly more enticing (especially if it has a KH3 demo aswell, that's three things)

Yeah, it really did. Without that it kind of felt like the buildup to those three were all for nothing. There's still the Riku scenes before and after the battle but that's been retreaded for quite awhile. Besides that the Xion battles with all of her forms and Saix would make for great watching material. Ah well.

And just a thought but what if DDDHD were to include a KHChi console version? It certainly would make a repurchase slightly more enticing (especially if it has a KH3 demo aswell, that's three things)

I don't see why they wouldn't want to release KHChi for everyone to bring more players. Bundle some extra items/stuff/whatever they are monetizing the game with for DDDHD buyers? Sure.

Tsunamo

I was thinking more a early version/ console beta to go with it or like you said bonus items. (they've already done the latter with KH1.5 and 2.5's Japanese versions anyway) It's got a pretty wide range of platform and distrubution options for bringing it to West when they finally do.

Tsunamo

Judging from the Famitsu scans of the secret ending it looks like we'll see more of ]spoiler]Braig/Apprentice Xehanort interaction. Great to see a littlemore of that period of time explored, even if it is just to forshadow 3 and Chi.[/spoiler]
they've already talked about expanding the reach of [chi]. it would be the perfect place, honestly
Agreed.
Jesus fucking Christ at the KH2 trophy list. WHY!!!!???
Square-Enix out to make people
not
suffer.

I'm considering playing the game on critical during the first play through, but I really don't want to play the game on critical during my first play through. I want to enjoy myself 😔

This is not the kind of torture I'm into.

But critical is da best difficulty! Way less grinding for synth materials for one.

Falk

that puzzling face
Resolution seems to be exactly the same as 1.5 or something very close. So something like 900p or whatever it was. It was some weird ass resolution.

The actual image is 1920x1080, and the unadulterated jaggies lead me to believe that's the actual game reso, not upscaled. Unless there's some major shenanigans going on.

Tsunamo

I'd be really suprised if it is natively 1080p, those Osaka team programmers are something else if that is the case. Then again didn't Final Fantasy X have a native 1080p mode without anti-aliasing? Even if it's a different team developing it that would fit in with the screenshot.

Falk

that puzzling face
Where's the picture from then?

Because that's 100% rendered at 1080p. The solid black pixels between his left hand and pants are a dead giveaway of no aliasing from either AA or resizing/upscaling.

edit: For you peeps who cba to zoom in

ioCkaed.png

The actual image is 1920x1080, and the unadulterated jaggies lead me to believe that's the actual game reso, not upscaled. Unless there's some major shenanigans going on.

If the game really output 1080p native I think SE would havee shouted about it from the rooftops.

If it is concider me impressed. IIRC didn't 1.5 actually have ''full hd res'' vertically/horizontally?

Tsunamo

http://kh13.com/news/nomura-hopes-to-tell-birth-by-sleep-volume-2-s-story-one-day

Nomura please, you've said multiple times you want to tell the story of Birth By Sleep Volume 2 and you had your chance with 2.5 :(

Ah well, guess i'll move onto the
grim
hope it gets put in with DDDHD. I still wonder if it was originally a PSP, 3DS or Vita project that got canceled.
Where's the picture from then?

Because that's 100% rendered at 1080p. The solid black pixels between his left hand and pants are a dead giveaway of no aliasing from either AA or resizing/upscaling.
I'm wondering where it originated from myself, seemed like it popped up out of nowhere. It's definately not a emulated shot because the UI would much worse so it has to be a 2.5 shot.

Internal resolutions (got from Debug PS3):

KH1.5HD
1440x810 @30fps + 2x MSAA / 1280 x 720 @30fps + 4x MSAA

I guess not then. I remember when I first booted the game you could have told me it was 1080p and I would have believed.

It would be interesting if 2.5 had some sort of Wipeout HD esque dynamic resolution. If it is real, locked 1080p I once again say concider me very pleasantly surprised.

You have to excuse me for being sceptical about technical side of PS3 releases.

Falk

that puzzling face
If it is Full HD that makes me even more confused why they ain't talking about the technical specs.

People would just bitch when they see no "x4 MSAA" at the end, even if it's impossible with the hardware.

Or no 60fps. :(

I don't think X/X-2 HD were shouted from the rooftops either, were they?

raven777

If it is Full HD that makes me even more confused why they ain't talking about the technical specs.

well, Japanese sites like 4gamer have been saying it's Full HD for a while now

キーブレードの勇者ソラが、ドナルド、グーフィーとともにディズニーのワールドを飛び回り、胸躍る冒険を繰り広げる大ヒットRPG「キングダム ハーツII」が、フルHDとなって蘇る

Unless their definition of Full HD is different than ours..

People would just bitch when they see no "x4 MSAA" at the end, even if it's impossible with the hardware.

Or no 60fps. :(

I don't think X/X-2 HD were shouted from the rooftops either, were they?

X HD was told to be 1080p just before launch and it was very clear. Even more funny concidering that after the launch DF did an article about it not being full HD
they had switched the resolution off from PS3 settings lol
What they didn't communicate was Vitas specs so shame on them (not surprisingly it was not native. Still great remaster and loved it on Vita!).

well, Japanese sites like 4gamer have been saying it's Full HD for a while now
I wouldn't know. I don't follow japanese media or forums. However that does remind me of the E3 trailer of 1.5 where they did call the game Full HD :lol. I think it was just an accident tho rather than trying to misguide.

Psxphile

http://kh13.com/news/nomura-hopes-to-tell-birth-by-sleep-volume-2-s-story-one-day

Nomura please, you've said multiple times you want to tell the story of Birth By Sleep Volume 2 and you had your chance with 2.5 :(

Ah well, guess i'll move onto the
grim
hope it gets put in with DDDHD. I still wonder if it was originally a PSP, 3DS or Vita project that got canceled.

It's clear then that he intends BBSv.2 to be playable in some form: cutting it into just a few short scenes tacked on as extras to some other game wouldn't be enough.

I suppose we might see it someday as a standalone DLC after KHIII's release. Kingdom Hearts: First Light, anyone?

iosefe

i get the feeling to match the rule of 3 that the remasters have had so far, PLayable KHDDD, BBS Vol2, [chi] scenes?

I still wonder if it was originally a PSP, 3DS or Vita project that got canceled.

Personally I think it was supposed to be the first big SE Vita title made immediately after 3D. Then when Vita pretty much flopped SE just pulled all the support they had for Sony portables and Osaka went straight to KH3.

raven777

i get the feeling to match the rule of 3 that the remasters have had so far, PLayable KHDDD, BBS Vol2, [chi] scenes?

Yea I hope they release some chi scenes in DDD HD remaster or KH3.

Nomura's recent interview seems to imply chi is quite important part of the story and I don't want to play chi...

Tsunamo

It's clear then that he intends BBSv.2 to be playable in some form: cutting it into just a few short scenes tacked on as extras to some other game wouldn't be enough.

I suppose we might see it someday as a standalone DLC after KHIII's release. Kingdom Hearts: First Light, anyone?
Yeah true, it does sound like after the way he presented it as a evolution of the secret movies because it's playable, talks about her many expirences it seems like something he wants to tell in a playable form.

I just can't think of another oppurtunity to do it without taking up more resources off of 3 than they need to. A First Light add-on post-release would actually work quite well though.
Personally I think it was supposed to be the first big SE Vita title made immediately after 3D. Then when Vita pretty much flopped SE just pulled all the support they had for Sony portables and Osaka went straight to KH3.
Yeah the Vita would have quite logical and fit in as their first big title for the system before the Vita flop at the early stages of the systems life. Even now (after FFX/FFX-2 doing decent sales wise) they're not really bothering with more than mobile software ports for the system so it shows how much worth they see in it for software. It's a shame if that was the case.

Yeah true, it does sound like after the way he presented it as a evolution of the secret movies because it's playable, talks about her many expirences it seems like something he wants to tell in a playable form.

I just can't think of another oppurtunity to do it without taking up more resources off of 3 than they need to. A First Light add-on post-release would actually work quite well though. Yeah the Vita would have quite logical and fit in as their first big title for the system before the Vita flop at the early stages of the systems life. Even now (after FFX/FFX-2 doing decent sales wise) they're not really bothering with more than mobile software ports for the system so it shows how much worth they see in it for software. It's a shame if that was the case.

I'm conflicted on Vita KH. On the other hand KH Vita is like my personal dream game. But I do realize it's the last thing the series needs right now. They need to get a serious grip after KH3 if they want to keep the series alive and well.

1.5+2.5+DDDHD on Vita wouldn't hurt anyone dho :3

Tsunamo

I'd be so excited for a KH Vita. My favorite system at the moment and a new piece of software for one of my favorite series on it, it seems like a far off dream now.

But yeah 1.5, 2.5 and DDD HD wouldn't hurt anyone and would probably be the best possible outcomes if there's no other options and is most of the series anyway.
Or I can remote play it from the eventual PS4 collections if we don't ;_;

Edit: Oh so one of the secret scenes is actually
Not in the time of Apprentice Xehanort, but before Lea and the others wake up in DDD. Gonna be interesting to see what Braig and othernort discuss

Top Bottom