• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Falk

that puzzling face
Wondering if KH games will ever be a part of the DiveIn service.

Streaming is notoriously difficult for action games, especially fast paced ones, but if they're putting Lightning Returns up there...

of course, Disney etc

I feel like DDD HD would take a lot of work to be remotely worth buying for more than $10.

And where's the staff that would make BBS Vol. 2?

I guess there's always h.a.n.d. (Who made Re: Coded).

Malyse

That Disney is blocking DD of the KH series is infuriating, especially considering that they literally give away the PC version of DI for free.

Falk

that puzzling face
Watching the Niconico video now.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24597245

2 changed in 15 seconds or so...

Buena Vista Games changed to Disney Interactive Studios (new fonts as well)

A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory" has become "A scat red dream that's like a far-off memory"

Someone f'ed up royally

Dat Lazy Afternoons tho ;_;

(first time I'm hearing the finished product for that one specifically actually)

Wondering if KH games will ever be a part of the DiveIn service.

Streaming is notoriously difficult for action games, especially fast paced ones, but if they're putting Lightning Returns up there...

of course, Disney etc

You just want that PC version Falk

In that case also hoping KH gets DiveIn treatment as well as FFX/X-2 HD and Type-0 HD, after all they all have PC builds would be a waste

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe it's an intentional KH3 hint.

MISSING E

GET ON THE CASE

Don't blame you I seen the 4K PCSX2 shots. Now imagine that with Square's remastering and it will look good at 4K plus 60fps (if they don't lock it)

I guess FFXIII will show us what they intend with PC (DiveIn) versions. FPS is hardly a factor for streaming service, as the bandwidth overhead from 30 to 60 isn't 2x due to the way video encoding works.

Edit: Although on the other hand, server-side resource footprint is. Durr. :(

The Japanese release of 1.5 had a really, really terribly upscaled version of the CGI attract movie that plays if you sit idle on KH1's title screen. (Upscaled as in, all they did was blow the video up) Re:CoM's intro looked just as terrible as well, IIRC.

The US/PAL release actually had a properly upscaled video for both sequences. Wouldn't be surprised if they did fix it for the International release.

Lnds500

The Japanese release of 1.5 had a really, really terribly upscaled version of the CGI attract movie that plays if you sit idle on KH1's title screen. (Upscaled as in, all they did was blow the video up) Re:CoM's intro looked just as terrible as well, IIRC.

The US/PAL release actually had a properly upscaled video for both sequences. Wouldn't be surprised if they did fix it for the International release.

You mean the one with the Simple and Clean instrumental? Cause that one is still in SD.

wmlk

Greatest typo ever.

ALSO PLEASE, let Lazy Afternoons have a live recording...

EDIT: these tears won't stop...

I still feel like they missed out not making a drive form that played exactly like DW Roxas

I still wish Final Mix had made Boss Roxas playable somehow. Hell, all of the Organization members plus Sephiroth and Temporary Ally Riku technically ought to be playable.

Golnei

Even more reasons we need a Kingdom Hearts RPG-fighting game.

DISNEY WHY

dissidia_012_logo.png

I wonder if they'd have allowed the original Dissidia project to go ahead if only villains were playable. It wouldn't detract from the concept too much if the only playable Disney characters were ones like Maleficent, Hades, Captain Hook and Shan Yu...

Caladrius

DISNEY WHY

I wonder if they'd have allowed the original Dissidia project to go ahead if only villains were playable. It wouldn't detract from the concept too much if the only playable Disney characters were ones like Maleficent, Hades, Captain Hook and Shan Yu...

Maybe (and it'd be a wonderful game idea), but they'd have to push it quite a bit harder to make it sell compared to say, having the mickey mouse characters in.

I am glad that we ultimately got Dissidia though. It's what got me into Final Fantasy.Of course if Dissidia didn't exist 358/2 days might have been a much better game... hmmmm

Malyse

DISNEY WHY

dissidia_012_logo.png

Stop blaming Disney for Nomuras cowardice.

I mean, beyond single-wielding Roxas, dual-wielding Roxas, Mickey, and regular-ass Sora, basically every single Drive Form of Sora's is a fully-realized playable character. And (as I've mentioned previously) basically every humanoid boss (but definitely Sephiroth and the full Organization) technically ought to be playable as well.

Malyse

I mean, beyond single-wielding Roxas, dual-wielding Roxas, Mickey, and regular-ass Sora, basically every single Drive Form of Sora's is a fully-realized playable character. And (as I've mentioned previously) basically every humanoid boss (but definitely Sephiroth and the full Organization) technically ought to be playable as well.

Part of what I want in RE:[chi] is selectable fighting styles. I mean, we have Sora, Riku, Roxas, DW Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Mickey, Valor, Master, Final, Wisdom, Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Eraqus, Vanitas, all of which with their own styles, and that's before we get to how Kairi, Lea, and possibly Yen Sid have and will have their own styles. And the chi player as well.

iosefe

plus there are fighting animations for all the Org members, so any made for 358/2 days that have a corresponding character in a future title are halfway there

Psxphile

I still feel like they missed out not making a drive form that played exactly like DW Roxas
He seemed kinda sluggish in Axel's fight. Valor Form Sora was basically Dual-wielding Roxas but with a better move set. Or my memory is playing tricks on me. You know what, forget I said anything.

Literal clone-fest, especially if it were the new Org. :p

Part of what I want in RE:[chi] is selectable fighting styles. I mean, we have Sora, Riku, Roxas, DW Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Mickey, Valor, Master, Final, Wisdom, Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Eraqus, Vanitas, all of which with their own styles, and that's before we get to how Kairi, Lea, and possibly Yen Sid have and will have their own styles. And the chi player as well.

Don't forget about Ansem SoD, Sephiroth, and basically all of the Organization (mk. 1) members, even though none of those folks have Keyblades. They've all got pretty fully-realized fighting styles for the most part.

Tsunamo

I'm really glad they fixed that, the Japanese scene looked terrible.
FINALLY!

NEVER AGAIN! NEVER. AGAIN.
I am proud. You have braved the nightmare and won. Come sit in the winners corner with me.
going to go buy 2.5 in few hours..
I envy you raven.

Anyone got a link to one of the Nico Nico streams? I've got some time to kill, mayaswell spend it enjoying KH streams.

This is the one I'm watching, though there's an annoying ass voice thingy chiming in every few moments.

It's a Critical Mode speedrun at that, too. Dude's already at Olympus Coliseum. Didn't know killing off Sora immediately and having Mickey take over was a legit speedrun strat for beating Cerberus.

Top Bottom