• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

It's a Critical Mode speedrun at that, too. Dude's already at Olympus Coliseum. Didn't know killing off Sora immediately and having Mickey take over was a legit speedrun strat for beating Cerberus.
Thanks. Speedrun should be a fun watch.
And oh god I think that's the exact same DDD streamer with the doki doki bot that read everything out from chat and hated Westerners so banned them from the stream.

Just like old times I guess :lol
critical mode is the new difficulty they added in FM, right?

How hard is it?
Yup.

It's difficult but I wouldn't say it's unbalanced or cheap. I had the same trouble on boss battles I did before (Xaldin always gives me trouble, i've got the hang of Xigbar now though) and that was about it for Critical minus getting to the Cavern of Rememberance.

raven777

It's difficult but I wouldn't say it's unbalanced or cheap. I had the same trouble on boss battles I did before (Xaldin always gives me trouble, i've got the hang of Xigbar now though) and that was about it for Critical minus getting to the Cavern of Rememberance.

Ok. Is there things you can only unlock by playing Critical mode?

I remember back in KH2 it was easier to unlock the secret ending by playing proud mode.

I don't intend on getting platinum so I might skip critical mode unless there is something significant.

I remember back in KH2 it was easier to unlock the secret ending by playing proud mode.

I don't intend on getting platinum so I might skip critical mode unless there is something significant.

Same deal this time around. Beating it on Critical unlocks the secret ending easier.

iosefe

merely clearing the game i believe gets you the secret ending, unless it was also get all journal entries.

iosefe

the music is nice, a streamer is at the beauty and the beast level, the world music feels more legato, and i really like it

Tsunamo

I'm quite impressed at the speedrunners skill. I mean it's no suprise they're good but they pull off some good combos on bosses.

Caladrius

damn that means I have to collect those journals if I want to watch the secrete ending in Proud mode?

In order to get the BBS video at the end I think you need to complete Jiminy's journal and earn the Gold Crown on Proud. Critical just requires the Gold crown (all data replicas, Mushrooms and Terra)

(In case any lurkers might be wondering, standard players [lol] also have to complete all the gummi missions on top of the Journal and Gold Crown.)

iosefe

the guy is rather behind, but it's still damn impressive

*edit* chicken little trick. i would never have thought of it

Psxphile

Y'know, the concept of Heartless and Nobodies having ships and infesting the paths of space between worlds still seems kinda strange to me. It was odd in KH1 and its doubly odd here. Makes great cannon fodder, though.

EDIT: using Chicken Little to drag those scurvy ghost pirates into the moonlight... holy shit why did I never do this!?

EDIT: omg the battle track

Tsunamo

Oh yes. That whole Final Boss segment is gonna make me go crazy. Those two fantastic tracks redone and it being in HD? Gonna be amazing.

Tsunamo

It's so nice to see Halloween town again.
Even if I was there a couple of weeks ago in Re:CoM

Edit: oh lord, that new happy holidays

Tsunamo

Looks like the English folks have started hoarding the stream.
Only a matter of time before they end up getting theirselves banned lol
i was never a fan of any of the oogie battles. to damn tedious
I didn't mind the Re:CoM one, once you understand how it works it's simple compared to the one in the original.

Psxphile

Limit Form get.

Here comes 1000 Heartless.

EDIT: damn, still using Hero's Crest after getting Oathkeeper?

EDIT: oh right, Space Paranoids first

Tsunamo

Using Donalds Limit was a really good save there.

Edit: Almost time for The Battle of 1000 Heartless

Edit 2: Holy shit at that Demyx battle, got owned.

Tsunamo

Seeing the gang again from Radient Garden makes me sad we haven't really seen them since KH2 (proper anyway, not data versions)

It'll be great when they finally bring them back in 3.

Psxphile

I hated that when you get Goofy back you have to reequip his gear and abilities again. Always fucked me up.

edit: lol kingdom hearts musou

Psxphile

i would buy the shit out of that if it gave us proper justice to the 1000 heartless battle, with Behemoths and shit

If Dragon Quest Heroes does well, we just might see it someday. Imagine Aqua in the Realm of Darkness completely flanked by Purebloods and owning their shit. FUCK. YEAH.

edit: oh good, streamer switched to the Rumbling Roses keychain.

aravuus

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv195286173 I don't recall that. I probably would have forgotten to if you hadn't mentioned it.

Edit: I'd play a Kingdom Hearts Musou honestly, would fit in well with the series. Same goes for Theatrythm Kingdom Hearts

Nico stream of KH II.5 remix

EDIT: welp, here comes the part where you have to redo the worlds again.

Thanks, I actually saw this page earlier already but didn't realize I apparently have to register to actually see the stream

i would buy the shit out of that if it gave us proper justice to the 1000 heartless battle, with Behemoths and shit

Fuck yes. I think I've posted about a KH musou earlier too.

Tsunamo

It's pretty easy to register if you do so from the English site and just link it with facebook. One click logins from there basically.

Psxphile

I remember thinking the Undead Heartless boss was a pain in the ass because of the coins. Took me a while to realize that magic was key to making him drop what he's got.

Tsunamo

Psxphile

That second one is so much better quality, but yeah. I'll keep watching the speedrunner. I'm learning shit as I go.

EDIT: FUUUUCK THIS MINIGAME

Top Bottom