• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

Yeah. I always find speedrun techniques in games facinating to watch and learn from. (even if I could never actually do them all)

That and my download cap is about at its limit so I don't wanna burst the bubble.

aravuus

There's another stream now, think i'll stick to this one though. I mean they're almost done with 2 Final Mix anyway.

http://livetube.cc/あかぎ/あかぎのキングダムハーツ2HD

And this doesn't have that incredibly annoying high-pitched voice on the background, nice. Better quality too.

Might as well let it play on my second screen. It'll be like the good old days when I'd put the TV on put never actually watched it just to have some background noise.

Psxphile

And this doesn't have that incredibly annoying high-pitched voice on the background, nice. Better quality too.

Might as well let it play on my second screen. It'll be like the good old days when I'd put the TV on put never actually watched it just to have some background noise.

I still do that.

iosefe

Same here. It's good for multitasking :p We're so close now iosefe.

It's hoenstly what i'm holding out for the most out of all of these streams.
The guy is behind an hour, and my eyes hurt. The second guy will be near when I wake up, and will have a better capture

Tsunamo

I've never heard of Livetube before so i'm not sure if it archives anything, I think niconico does eventually archive videos though. (or you have the option to)

Edit: Noooooo iosefe you were so close ;_;
I shall do my best to find a archive for you.

Psxphile

Is Jafar the worst boss in KHIIFM? Always hated fighting him, so fucking boring. Just the same shit over and over.

edit: did nico streamer skip completing Beast's Castle because he didn't think he could handle Critical Mode Xaldin yet? Must be
a beast to fight

aravuus

I still do that.

I'd do it if my TV actually found any channels. The built-in digibox/tuner/whatever doesn't seem to work.

So now I just have streams and random youtube playlists playing on it. The TV works as my second PC screen.

e: i like the livetube streamer, he speaks surprisingly good english

Tsunamo

Is Jafar the worst boss in KHIIFM? Always hated fighting him, so fucking boring. Just the same shit over and over.
He certainly did feel like one of the most repetitive boss fights out of the bunch.
I'd do it if my TV actually found any channels. The built-in digibox/tuner/whatever doesn't seem to work.
Mine's starting to lose channels now.

Edit: It's so nice seeing Xaldin get dominated for a change.

Tsunamo

The new Land of the Dragons music is perfect, even better than the originals.

Edit: So so close to The World that Never Was now.

Psxphile

Here comes the endgame stretch.

-Final Gummi Ship stage.
-Twilight Town
-TWTNW
-RUCKSACK
-Org blitz.

EDIT: stage still gives me flashbacks to Space Armada level in Starfox.

Falk

that puzzling face
Welp, I tuned in to livestream.cc for a bit but we're neck deep in prep for the concert tomorrow so I can't watch long. :(

Tsunamo

EDIT: stage still gives me flashbacks to Space Armada level in Starfox.
Now that you mention it it does give off similar vibes.
Welp, I tuned in to livestream.cc for a bit but we're neck deep in prep for the concert tomorrow so I can't watch long. :(
Watch the niconico one so you can catch the end-game in time ;)

Edit: And we're finally at The World That Never Was

Psxphile

ha ha time for rucksack

edit: wow i didnt' think Other Promise could sound even sadder
edit: GODDAMN he just demolished him. streamer doesn't want us hearing that godly music CONFIRMED

Tsunamo

rucksack? Is there some hilarious joke i'm missing here?

I barely could hear The Other Promise over the talking :(
What I did hear sounded great though.

Tsunamo

Third time's the charm. Next up Saix (or was it Luxord?)

Edit: Beaten like a Kingdom Hearts player against Xigbar.

Edit 2: I forgot how much of a pain that Luxord battle was.

Psxphile

Luxord up. The loneliest org member.

(seriously, does the guy have ANY fans?)

EDIT: it's weird Luxord wasn't used in CoM, since his motif is all about the cards.

EDIT: SAIX. THE BEAST UNLEASHED.

Falk

that puzzling face
(backtracking on the thread)

edit 2: holy mother of fuck vim and vigor
Hahaha yeah, the various boss battle music was a blast to work on.

Non-botched He's a Pirate sounds great.
He's a Pirate was mixed by Alex Levy who's a really good friend of VGO.

the music is nice, a streamer is at the beauty and the beast level, the world music feels more legato, and i really like it
I like Beauty and the Beast's field and battle music a lot. In many ways it's very classic Shimomura (even the FFXV trailer sounds a little like it) and I personally felt it was to KH2.5 soundtrack what Pirate's Gigue was to KH1.5.

don't forget a fight to the death
eyebrow.gif

I gotta get back to work now, but I'll check the thread from time to time

Psxphile

Xemnas first "form" status: rekt.

oh god, it comes

EDIT: stop chatting with the voice dammit lol

EDIT: aw shit he skipped the "Thank Namine" scene. I wanted to see if they bothered to voice it this time.

Tsunamo

The new Darkness of the Unknown is fantastic (though it is quitehard to hear with them not stopping talking.

Close to the original piece i'd say but sounds better.
EDIT: aw shit he skipped the "Thank Namine" scene. I wanted to see if they bothered to voice it this time.
Oh yeah, that's a good question seeing as how the new scenes are getting dubbed.

Edit: lol at the streammonsters kappa and kreygasm comments and him replying with "I don't speak English. I uh...don't know." Out of context it gave me a laugh.

Psxphile

Yeah, it sounds pretty faithful but it's hard to hear how much better it should be because of all that background chatter. Ah well.... oh god I can hear the violins...

Psxphile

Oh yeah, that's a good question seeing as how the new scenes are getting dubbed.

Hm... well, all those other scenes were dubbed in Japanese before. But now that I think of it, I don't know if the Thank Namine scene was as well. It's not viewable in Theater mode.

EDIT: Xemnas is wrecking him something fierce. The salt is real.

Tsunamo

Hm... well, all those other scenes were dubbed in Japanese before. But now that I think of it, I don't know if the Thank Namine scene was as well. It's not viewable in Theater mode.
Oh yeah that's right. Theater mode had a option for them to be in Japanese and voiced, didn't they? Seems odd if they didn't bother to do that too.
Yeah, it sounds pretty faithful but it's hard to hear how much better it should be because of all that background chatter. Ah well.... oh god I can hear the violins...
Yeah. At least we have livetube as a backup later where i'll sound better.

Edit: Data Xemnas button mashing segment will be the death of me.

Psxphile

Laser Light Show. Almost over now.

EDIT: it's done, son. I guess he can't skip scenes anymore. Time to bask.

Oh hey, I haven't noticed any trophy popups since I started watching. Is it hidden, or...?

Tsunamo

That was a fun watch. Hope they attempt a Birth By Sleep run too, would be curious if their speedrunning skills are as good on it.
Oh hey, I haven't noticed any trophy popups since I started watching. Is it hidden, or...?
I think you can disable them from popping up now. I know you can on Vita.

aravuus

Wait wait wait, is the annoying voice reading the text that's scrolling past the screen or something? Why would anyone ever want a feature like that

Anyway yes, it was a fun watch. I wouldn't mind watching a BBS speed run attempt right away.

Psxphile

I think you can disable them from popping up now. I know you can on Vita.

Yeah, I remembered right after posting that you can switch off notifications now.

Wait wait wait, is the annoying voice reading the text that's scrolling past the screen or something? Why would anyone ever want a feature like that
Yeah. And so they can respond in real time, I reckon. And not have to scan the screen during playtime.

Tsunamo

Wait wait wait, is the annoying voice reading the text that's scrolling past the screen or something? Why would anyone ever want a feature like that.
If you can't look at the chat while you're playing it gives you a way to see what commenters are saying, or that's the only logical reason I can think of anyway.

Edit: I am laughing so hard at what the chat relay sounds are making

Top Bottom