• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Psxphile

If you can't look at the chat while you're playing it gives you a way to see what commenters are saying, or that's the only logical reason I can think of anyway.
Can you imagine an english version of that on twitch? *shudder*

EDIT: this fucking streamer, I swear to god... lol

aravuus

Oh god he's singing along

Yeah. And so they can respond in real time, I reckon. And not have to scan the screen during playtime.

This does make sense, but the voice could very well just be on his end. Guess the Japanese find this kind of stuff cute.
Fucking freaks.

I wouldn't mind hearing "NEOGAY IS A SHITHOLE" on repeat when watching a stream

Tsunamo

This does make sense, but the voice could very well just be on his end. Guess the Japanese find this kind of stuff cute.
Fucking freaks.
I remember one Japanese streamer had it before when they were doing a DDD playthrough but they werevery anti-westerners on the chat (probably due to spam) this fellow seems more friendlier just saying he doesn't speak English.
Streammonsters would turn that into the worst thing ever to happen to twitch.

And lol at streamer singing the credits. (or part of it anyway)
Hm. Yeah, it's no coincidence it has the voice of a sugar-drugged 8 year old girl.
Yup, that's Japan alright.

Edit: Oh god he's singing again, make it stop ;_;

aravuus

Hm. Yeah, it's no coincidence it has the voice of a sugar-drugged 8 year old girl.

This actually describes the voice very well. I was trying to find words for it but you were faster e: and better and stronger.

Btw since we're on the topic of speedruns, are there any worthwhile 100% ones of KH1 and 2? Would be neat to see how the speedrunners tackle the optional bosses and stuff

e: or not even 100% necessarily, just some where they kill even the bonus bosses

Tsunamo

This actually describes the voice very well. I was trying to find words for it but you were faster e: and better and stronger.

Btw since we're on the topic of speedruns, are there any worthwhile 100% ones of KH1 and 2? Would be neat to see how the speedrunners tackle the optional bosses and stuff

e: or not even 100% necessarily, just some where they kill even the bonus bosses
http://kh13.com/speedruns
Judging form this is seems like Any% is the main focus for the KH speedrun community, there does look like there's a couple of complete Jimminys Journal speedruns for 1 and 2 (Final Mix I think) though so that might do the trick.

Psxphile

Nope, going to The World That Never Was. Seems like he might be grinding to get to a higher level.

He equipped Two Becomes One, so I'm betting he's trying to unlock Final Form. Ah well, don't want to watch a guy grind so I'm bowing out now, lol.

Tsunamo

Yeah I think i'll bail aswell.

Now what am I do though?
*moves to other stream*

Edit: You were right, he just unlocked Final Form

Edit 2: Okay i'm gonna stick with it, he's booted up Birth By Sleep now so he's obviously gonna do a run

Psxphile

I'm back, and he just unlocked the new Credit screen, only to bail out lol.

Oh shit, he just booted BBS.

EDIT: singing again... bet he hopes Utada comes back for 3...

aravuus

And he's singing again yessss

This is probably how I sound when I sing along to every goddamn song I ever listen to, thank god I don't have a mic in front of my face ever

Tsunamo

I'll admit his singing has growed on me lol

Time to see if he's as much of a god Birth By Sleep Final Mix runner as he is a KH2 Final Mix one.

Psxphile

Oh god he's going Critical mode. Fuck, I need to sleep streeeamer...

Edit: is it a speedrun? He hasn't reset the clock.

EDIT: he's not skipping the first cinema. Guess it's not going to be a speedrun then.

Tsunamo

Of course he would speedrun the game with the new music but not bother with the one that (for the mostpart) doesn't.

Edit: The amount of aliasing looks like when I rendered BBS FM at 1080p with 2x(?) AA so i'm pretty positive with barely any pixel counting knowledge whatsoever that it's 1080p

Falk

that puzzling face
Of course he would speedrun the game with the new music but not bother with the one that (for the mostpart) doesn't.

There's a surprise towards the end. I won't say anymore till it's more public knowledge.

edit: how can you tell hahahah, the stream looked awfully compressed to me.

Golnei

There's a surprise towards the end. I won't say anymore till it's more public knowledge.

I hope it's Dismiss. That always seemed to be dragged down a little by the synth choir.

Tsunamo

Why do you tease me so Falk? D:
I'm also betting on Dismiss and it is i'll be one happy fan. It's one of my favorite pieces in the series.
I've gone through the opening a bunch of times trying to get my controller working on it so I have a keen eye for jaggies in those scenes :p

Like I said though i'm not too knowledgeable on this stuff.

Psxphile

You know what's funny? If Ventus had passed right then and there in the beginning, the Kingdom Hearts series would (probably) never have happened. Xehanort's plans for Ventus and Vanitas would have ended in failure, he would have never returned to Land of Departure and realized Terra could be a suitable vessel for him, or that Aqua could be possibly used as a replacement to forge the x-blade... the list goes on.

Thanks,
Sora.

EDIT: oh yeah, when the streamer was looking through KH2FM's Theater mode really quick earlier I noticed that the option to switch languages between Japanese and English was still present (at least I think that's what it was). Guess that means English dub is present on the disc, if anyone doubted it earlier. Maybe the new lines, too.

Tsunamo

Oh nice find. I didn't notice that while he was browsing through it. I wonder that myself pre-release aswell seeing as how 1 never had theater mode so there was never a chance of getting dual audio
Minus that mis-translation pre-release anyway

Edit: That was quick, secret movie's up on youtube. Get it before Square-Enix copyright strike it. And spoilers obviously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXL8Vuv8kSM

raven777

Got it.
542D15223B7118001D

Tsunamo

Secret movie... shit, didn't think we'd see
Young Xehanort
again. Actually, I was kind of hoping we wouldn't.
It's set
In the middle of DDD before the rest of the organisation members wake up so we might not unless he's one of the 13norts for the final battle

Edit: If a mod is lurking this thread (hi mod!) I appologise for my double posting, it's becoming a really bad habit.

Tsunamo

is that it for the secrete movie?

No fancy CG action stuff like Deep Dive or BBS?
There's another one with
Malificent and Pete
but yeah there's no CG unforunately. I miss secret movies like Deep Dive and Birth By Sleep, they get me so excited for the next installment. (although Blank Points also did that) I'm guessing we'll finally get another CG Secret Ending with Kingdom Hearts 3
and Final Mix

raven777

There's another one with
Malificent and Pete
but yeah there's no CG unforunately. I miss secret movies like Deep Dive and Birth By Sleep, they get me so excited for the next installment. (although Blank Points also did that) I'm guessing we'll finally get another CG Secret Ending with Kingdom Hearts 3
and Final Mix

well that's disappointing...

but at least we will have BBS in HD, right?

Tsunamo

Exactly. Birth By Sleep FM and Kingdom Hearts 2 FM in glorious HD make up it.

Edit: Shiro Amano's recap of 1.5 has some beautiful artwork.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd2/#comic

Edit 2: Secret movie translated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyeNBKTLtQ
It all falls back to Chi,(X) and the keyblade war no suprise there. Also looks like the only reason Saix was nortafied (even if he did have signs beforehand) was because Braig picked him out of the lot

Seems like people been watching streams and shit without me! :(

Just started watching some random stream where the player is at Port Royal. New battle music soooo much betr.

Seems I got some cathcing up to do.

Tsunamo

Yes, you have missed much Frank.
(and the new versions of most music which is glorious, you can catch most of it on the stream you're watching now though)

The other one was doing a speedrun so we got alot of it shown quickly.

Not even this god streamer can best the Xigbar battle. I really don't recall that. Guess it really has been far too long since i've played 2 Final Mix.

For a speedrunner, he's not very--- what's the word--- Good?
Fuck Xigbar

My least favorite boss right after Xaldin

Those two are like my two favourites :D.

(seriously, does the guy have ANY fans?)

He's Nomuras favourite :lol. I like him alright. I like the cards as weapons trope.

Edit 2: Secret movie translated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyeNBKTLtQ
It all falls back to Chi,(X) and the keyblade war no suprise there. Also looks like the only reason Saix was nortafied (even if he did have signs beforehand) was because Braig picked him out of the lot

Haha, wow. If they're going where I think they're going with this,
I'm betting Xehanort's keyblade is probably related to, or even passed down from that sixth would-be foreteller in [chi] that was mentioned to have disappeared and was never seen again. Look at the keyblades for each one of the foretellers and tell me Xehanort's keyblade doesn't have a similar motif going on. (Animal on the hilt of the blade, keychain with a blue eye in the center)

Haha, wow. If they're going where I think they're going with this,
I'm betting Xehanort's keyblade is probably related to, or even passed down from that sixth would-be foreteller in [chi] that was mentioned to have disappeared and was never seen again. Look at the keyblades for each one and tell me Xehanort's keyblade doesn't have a similar motif going on. (Animal on the hilt of the blade, keychain with a blue eye in the center)

That has been quite popular theory too hasn't it?

Either the stream is lil screwy or there are audio issues in 2.5 too.

Also the streamer encountered a bug where some of the gummi blueprint graphics were totally gray.

I'm only just now realizing that the secret movie more or less confirms that
the Xigbar we see in KH3D was there through time travel and wasn't just a resurrected Braig going by his Nobody name.

I'm going to stop now before I give myself a headache.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dat gummi music.

Marry me Falk.

I didn't do that one :p

Just to clarify, VGO recorded all the strings, plus horns, a smattering of choir, and some percussion. Aside from/after those sessions, I subsequently was personally involved with mixing/synth op on ~1/3 of the soundtrack which had a significant overlap with the stuff we recorded, but isn't 1:1 (since the string recordings were much more than 1/3 of the soundtrack. Also I ended up doing some of the stuff we didn't record anything for just to keep production style consistent in a given Disney world for example)

The rest of the was handled by Square Enix's internal sound team led by Keiji Kawamori (who is the baddest of bad asses btw!)

So all that just to say you should give props to Square Enix sound team for 2/3 of the stuff you hear. Credit where credit is due ;p

Our 1/3 tended to be more towards the boss battles. I'll gladly go ahead and bask in your manlove for those. :V

Top Bottom