• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

This one i'd assume
http://livetube.cc/あかぎ/あかぎのキングダムハーツ2HD
I'm only just now realizing that the secret movie more or less confirms that
the Xigbar we see in KH3D was there through time travel and wasn't just a resurrected Braig going by his Nobody name.

I'm going to stop now before I give myself a headache.
Sorry to make it worse but :p

That makes me wonder then
Braig said Xemnas isn't there, so then was that Xemnas not by Timetravel and he actually came back? If so how the heck did he end up coming back if not as Terra/Apprenticenort

Yeah I'm not gonna go much further, just thinking about
Timetravel plots makes my head hurt

Tsunamo

I get the feeling they'll get rid of most of the bugs in the English version after them touching up the wait on menu Kingdom Hearts 1 movie for the Western release.

Then again I don't recall any audio bugs in the Japanese version of 1.5 so maybe not.

And another (unless I saw wrong, it was very fast). The Genie summon charm had the Chicken Little charm image.

Quite a few bugs and errors encountered already :p.

I get the feeling they'll get rid of most of the bugs in the English version

I can only hope.

iosefe

good morning.

watching the second guy hoping he gets to end game soon. he ain't skipping a thing though

*EDIT* so much buffering if you're having buffereing issues, turn off auto translate from google. helped me

This one i'd assume
http://livetube.cc/あかぎ/あかぎのキングダムハーツ2HD Sorry to make it worse but :p

That makes me wonder then
Braig said Xemnas isn't there, so then was that Xemnas not by Timetravel and he actually came back? If so how the heck did he end up coming back if not as Terra/Apprenticenort

Yeah I'm not gonna go much further, just thinking about
Timetravel plots makes my head hurt

Basically KH3 is very likely gonna have (to proceed in chronological order) Young Xehanort, No Heart-era "in his prime" Xehanort, old Master Xehanort, apprentice-era Terranort, Ansem SoD, *and* Xemnas. And maybe "recombined" Terranort is different from apprentice Terranort?

Also very possibly Isa and Braig in addition to Saix and Xigbar. I wouldn't be terrifically surprised to see Vanitas show up as well.

Not sure which other candidates they might go with - especially given that the rather ridiculously convoluted time travel rules dictate that anyone that YX travels to and brings to the present day needs to *already* have a bit of Xehanort in them. That likely rules out any other original Organization XIII members even if people would like to see some of them return.

Or they'll just handwave away the supposedly important DDD rules, which wouldn't surprise me too much.

iosefe

so, to anyone listeneing to the stream, something's up with the music a bit, where it jumbles are certain spots. oh dear

i'ts like the quickest of slowdowns and going out of tune

Tsunamo

Basically KH3 is very likely gonna have (to proceed in chronological order) Young Xehanort, No Heart-era "in his prime" Xehanort, old Master Xehanort, apprentice-era Terranort, Ansem SoD, *and* Xemnas. And maybe "recombined" Terranort is different from apprentice Terranort?

Also very possibly Isa and Braig in addition to Saix and Xigbar. I wouldn't be terrifically surprised to see Vanitas show up as well.

Not sure which other candidates they might go with - especially given that the rather ridiculously convoluted time travel rules dictate that anyone that YX travels to and brings to the present day needs to *already* have a bit of Xehanort in them. That likely rules out any other original Organization XIII members even if people would like to see some of them return.

Or they'll just handwave away the supposedly important DDD rules, which wouldn't surprise me too much.
Yeah. I didn't think of using their nobodys and their normal selves but Isa seemed like a mindless vessel and that's where Sora was heading so it would work to fill some slots.

Braig and Xigbar at the same time would do my head in though.
Dear god. I'm beginning to feel like the Japanese version really was rushed and didn't get much bugtesting, though part of them seem to be not loading the proper textures/models. (and the music, and summon images not being the right ones)

Will be interesting to see if the Japanese version ends up getting a patch for it, they seem to be bad enough to warrant one. I still am pretty confident in the English version getting rid of them though.

I wonder how Birth By Sleep holds up bug wise.

Holy shit, the menu texture for a computer in Space Paranoids is completely fucked.

This is definitely getting a patch, no two ways about it.

Golnei

Luxord up. The loneliest org member.

(seriously, does the guy have ANY fans?)

Nomura, apparently. I quite like him as well, but it's difficult to have any opinions about someone who barely shows up - in the universe where Days was a critically-lauded SRPG, he probably got heaps of screentime.

iosefe

the game froze o.o

get it together, S-E!

(unless the fact that the guy has been using it for an extended time means somethign

This game has more glitches and freezes than 1.5 ever did and they didn't even lose the code or do much. Wth?

Did 80 people really work on this game?

Tsunamo

pfft, we got this one here
Who needs that when we've got the glorious niconico comentary bot?
(unless the fact that the guy has been using it for an extended time means somethign
Well it might have triggered the crash but it's still not a good sign.
1.5 JP had freezing issues too.
I never encountered those, nor the audio bugs in the English version. I guess I got lucky.
Probably wont be as lucky with 2.5 seeing as how these issues are much more prominent.

Edit: Oh wow these issues are terrible. Can't believe the game was released in this state. Ah well, at least the framerate's still stable.

Psxphile

Weird how we didn't notice these things with the speedrunner.

Watching Livetube streamer, and it looks like the cutscene just before 1000 Heartless is still FMV (Kingdom Key instead of currently-equipped keychain).

Tsunamo

Yeah. I guess skipping most of the cutscenes, speedrunning, and doing only what was required did the trick for not triggering much.

And this is the longest attempt at the battle of 1000 heartless i've seen.

Lnds500

Weird how we didn't notice these things with the speedrunner.

Watching Livetube streamer, and it looks like the cutscene just before 1000 Heartless is still FMV (Kingdom Key instead of currently-equipped keychain).

Yeah. I guess skipping most of the cutscenes, speedrunning, and doing only what was required did the trick for not triggering much.

And this is the longest attempt at the battle of 1000 heartless i've seen.

Have people asked him if it happens on the game or if it's a capturing/streaming issue? It could be a sync issue from his encoder..

Tsunamo

The only person I see on Twitch playing "2.5 HD Remix" is a English version of Kingdom Hearts 2 (or Final Mix English patched)

That was very sly of them if they put it under that catagory.
He just hit TWTNW? My computer is stuck updating. I dont want to miss the music again
I stopped watching a little while ago but it seems he's stopped streaming for now.

Sooo what is the history of SE JPN patching their games? This seems to be waaaaay worse than 1.5. Tho luckily my ps3 doesn't have the audio issues on that one. They never bothered to patch that and it released a whole damn 6 months after Japan ._.

Sooo what is the history of SE JPN patching their games? This seems to be waaaaay worse than 1.5. Tho luckily my ps3 doesn't have the audio issues on that one. They never bothered to patch that and it released a whole damn 6 months after Japan ._.

The issues seem serious enough that a patch will probably come out. Dream Drop Distance got a patch a bit after it's JP release to fix some glitches, and that was back when patching was damn near unheard of on Nintendo's digital platform. I don't have any doubts that it'll be patched for Japan.

(Incidentally, said bugfixes were implemented into the US/PAL version of DDD, so the same might hold true for 2.5, assuming it gets patched.)

I wonder if it's tougher to patch multi-game compilations. I know that Silent Hill 2 and Zone of the Enders 2 got patched but at least one of those was a total code replacement.

Malyse

This is a reminder that your heart dictates your form, so even recombined Xehanort would take the form of the Master.

The issues seem serious enough that a patch will probably come out. Dream Drop Distance got a patch a bit after it's JP release to fix some glitches, and that was back when patching was damn near unheard of on Nintendo's digital platform. I don't have any doubts that it'll be patched for Japan.

(Incidentally, said bugfixes were implemented into the US/PAL version of DDD, so the same might hold true for 2.5, assuming it gets patched.)

That's the problem US/EU won't be bug
infested but at the same time it will be censored -.-

Caladrius

What's there to censor in a KH game?

Guns, mostly. Kingdom Hearts 2 removed Xigbar's sniper rifle and modified the gun crosshairs. The Pirate's rifles were also changed into crossbows for the international releases.

Also Duck spanking

Xigbar%27s_Arrowgun_Comparison_KHIIFM.png

What's there to censor in a KH game?

Well there is Xigbar's sniper and POTC guns+Will pointing the gun at himself (even tho we already had real guns in KH1+Xigbar sniper in DDD :eek:), Hydra Blood changed to purple smoke, Axel's body not burning when he dies.

Nothing too major tho.

Top Bottom