• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

aravuus

Guns? That's.. I dunno, sounds odd. I could kind of understand censoring smoking and liquor if there happened to be some in, say, the pirates of the caribbean world.

Never heard of another case of censored guns.

I despise censoring in all its forms but I gotta say, it's so minor here that I really just don't have the energy to care lol

Caladrius

Guns? That's.. I dunno, sounds odd. I could kind of understand censoring smoking and liquor if there happened to be some in, say, the pirates of the caribbean world.

Never heard of another case of censored guns.

There actually was alcohol (though it was a scenery prop) in that world that got censored too.

They haven't done any similar censoring since, though. Xigbar got to keep the sniper and there haven't been any guns since (not counting 1.5 HD where Clayton had his gun in the original)

aravuus

There actually was alcohol (though it was a scenery prop) in that world that got censored too.

Please tell me it was just a bottle with a low-resolution skull (or the letters XXX) on it? Cause that if something would be pretty god DANG HILARIOUS

e: seriously tho it'd be pretty fucking funny

Caladrius

Please tell me it was just a bottle with a low-resolution skull (or the letters XXX) on it? Cause that if something would be pretty god DANG HILARIOUS

e: seriously tho it'd be pretty fucking funny

I can't remember exactly. It was either wine on the table or Barbossa had drunk out of a glass of rum. It's been a long time since I watched any of the Disney cutscenes in my playthroughs so I could be totally off base, but I could have sworn there was alcohol at some point.

aravuus

I can't remember exactly. It was either wine on the table or Barbossa had drunk out of a glass of rum. It's been a long time since I watched any of the Disney cutscenes in my playthroughs so I could be totally off base, but I could have sworn there was alcohol at some point.

I could never skip the cutscenes. Ever. Even though I remember what happens word for word, I still have to watch them.

I'm pretty sure Barbossa drinking wine was in all versions anyway.

Maybe it was juice!

only the baddest of the bad dare drink juice in front of their enemies

e: i am now in the top then of this threads wall of shame! yay me

I could never skip the cutscenes. Ever. Even though I remember what happens word for word, I still have to watch them.

only the baddest of the bad dare drink juice in front of their enemies

e: i am now in the top then of this threads wall of shame! yay me

Dude, you can get totally drunk from drinking few bottles of juice/soda. At least that's what Disney comics told me.

The only way KH could get crazier is if it was done by the italian Disney comic artists of the 70s. That was like the wild west of Disney content that wouldn't fly today :lol.

Lnds500

Credits go to Kaz and rokudamia2 from KHinsider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FisqgT51YXc

Maleficent: I see

Pete: What is it?

Maleficent: I wasn't aware because of the term "Data World"

Pete: Huh?

Maleficent: The Foretellers' Text

Maleficent: There was once a book with that title.

Maleficent: It contains records of the future, as though as if it has seen the future itself.

Pete: Heh. If something like that really existed, you can easily do whatever you want with the worlds.

Maleficent: By re-enacting the events foretold in that book, you can even extract the people and power from that written future.

Pete: Worlds and people from a book?

Pete: Now that is too much of an exaggeration. Seems more like a fairy tale. I shouldn't have kept my hopes up.

Maleficent: Yes. Just like a fairy tale.

Maleficent: But isn't a "Data World" just the same?

Maleficent: The journals they have used to make their records. This may have a connection to the Foretellers' Text that is said to have existed in the past.

Pete: Now this is getting interesting!

Maleficent: That "Data", it seems that I have to obtain it.

Pete: Hahahaha

I think we all know what this new content means

KHχ.5 HD remake including remakes of 3D and χ... on PS4, using the touchpad to emulate 3DS touch screen and mouse control elements

Andrefpvs

You're stronger than me.

it only took a year.

I am proud. You have braved the nightmare and won. Come sit in the winners corner with me. I envy you raven.

Thanks, guys! It was so hard tedious but I made it my mission to 100% every Kingdom Hearts game, and I'll make sure that mission is completed. Part 2 begins in a couple of months! :D

That's awesome, can you give some tips on how to be like you? I'm probably gonna play FM again before getting to CoM

I got lots of tips from the folks at the 1.5 OT. Seriously, read through that thread, there's tons of helpful info over there! Very helpful people.

For getting Riku to level 99 in re:CoM, I followed this great tip from Falk.

For details on individual trophies, you can read the trophy guides at http://www.playstationtrophies.org

Good luck!

Malyse

I'm completely caught up with the story up to DDD. All I know about chi is that there's a line in the Foretellers' Text that alludes to KH 3?

Foretellers Script tells us that the worlds are going be covered in darkness. And there's a pretty big chance that Xehanort has ties to the sixth apprentice.

Foretellers Script tells us that the worlds are going be covered in darkness. And there's a pretty big chance that Xehanort has ties to the sixth apprentice.

Kind of a bummer that KH1's World of the Heartless boss didn't have any goatlike visual elements to it, but none of this stuff had been conceptualized back then.

Malyse

Kind of a bummer that KH1's World of the Heartless boss didn't have any goatlike visual elements to it, but none of this stuff had been conceptualized back then.

I'm curious as to how far it was written. KH2 was obviously in planning during 1 and the frames of BBS were done during 2.

Caladrius

I hope they redesign the foretellers if they do show up in Three.

It's going to be hard for me to take a guy wearing a Unicorn hood seriously.

I'm curious as to how far it was written. KH2 was obviously in planning during 1 and the frames of BBS were done during 2.

I imagine that most of it (minus the time travel business which so far feels like an afterthought) was solidified by the time Days was finished.

Or they've done a good job making things up on the fly.

I hope they redesign the foretellers if they do show up in Three.

It's going to be hard for me to take a guy wearing a Unicorn hood seriously.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them show up as stained glass in a Dive to the Heart sequence. Artistically they're pretty well formatted for that.

Caladrius

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them show up as stained glass in a Dive to the Heart sequence. Artistically they're pretty well formatted for that.

That could definitely work.

Did you miss the damn huge ass key?

I don't quite follow. You mean his keyblade? It kinda helps but still:

tumblr_n08mc20A6E1tpo3v2o1_1280.jpg

That could definitely work.

If we start off playing as Kairi and doing her Dive to the Heart (between being a Princess of Heart and a Keyblade wielder *and* having the very special Naminé as a part of her, Kairi ought to basically be a superweapon in KH3) as part of her training, I could see that happening.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm wondering about the audio problems too. My copy isn't here yet and I was checking out a stream last night and the music glitch was frequent and really distracting, but I haven't heard it at all on another stream today. Maybe it was just a capture issue.

I really hope these issues are more isolated than they sound. People complained about glitches and crashing in KH1.5 but after 3 playthroughs of the JP version I've only encountered one crash.

Lnds500

Been important since day one. Catch up

No it wasn't. Didn't become canon until after its release

what is this audio issue you are talking about?

There was an issue in the stream we were all watching yesterday; the music tracks would become distorted and slow down for a few seconds, at random apparently. It sounds like you mess with the needle on a turntable.

We were wondering whether that was an encoding issue on the uploader's part or a problem with the game.

I think we all know what this new content means

KHχ.5 HD remake including remakes of 3D and χ... on PS4, using the touchpad to emulate 3DS touch screen and mouse control elements

These would be remakes, so you wouldn't need to use the touchpad, they would tweak the gameplay accordingly.

Tsunamo

All these 2 Final Mix bugs are making me reconsider playing BBSFM second, but I was really looking forward to doing it in the original order. Ah well, guess if I do I can always do it in the English version.
from tumblr:

jesus fucking christ that's pretty
Wish I got one.

Edit: 2.5 still hasn''t shipped. It's not gonna make it in time for Monday, is it? :(

raven777

Finally done with Roxas. took me 6 hours to finish it lol

There was an issue in the stream we were all watching yesterday; the music tracks would become distorted and slow down for a few seconds, at random apparently. It sounds like you mess with the needle on a turntable.

We were wondering whether that was an encoding issue on the uploader's part or a problem with the game.

well I haven't played much, but I haven't noticed any sort of problems so far.

Lnds500

Finally done with Roxas. took me 6 hours to finish it lol

well I haven't played much, but I haven't noticed any sort of problems so far.

Thanks! Please keep us posted.

Yesterday when he was playing in the Battle of the 1000 Heartless the sound was a nightmare so it either has to do with how much the system is stressed or it was just his setup.

raven777

Just beat Land of Dragons....took me 10 hours lol

so far my impression is

-the visual looks gorgeous. The KH's artstyle really helps when it comes to HD remaster.
The image looks crisp and the AA isn't as noticeable as the screenshots. But I felt similar with 1.5 remix so if people were not impressed with 1.5 I am not sure about 2.5 I do feel 2.5 looks better than 1.5 but it's because original KH2 looks better than KH1.

-The rearranged music is great. Unlike FFX HD, It keeps the feel of the original, while improving the quality. The world map music is soooo good.

-I haven't encountered any sorts of bug/glitch so far. If there was it was something very minor that I didn't notice it.

2 negatives things, and these are very very minor issue, I have so far.

-The left side of the UI doesn't look as sharp as the rest of the UI. Some parts of the UI look kinda blurry and upscaled. It depends on which world UI you use. Of course it's very minor thing and nothing that really hurts the overall experience.

-During the gummi ship part, the bgm and warning sound is really big so I can't really hear the sound of my bullets. I don't remember if this was the case with the original KH2. It's really hard to hear the bullet hitting the enemy so I can't really tell if I am hitting the or not.

I am really enjoying my experience so far. I forgot how much I loved KH2.

RPGCrazied

I saw the trophy list for KH2FM. No speed run type! Thank goodness. I don't like to rush games that I play, beaten or not.

Do we know if the difficulties stack at least?

The aliasing seems really bad. Like the same as the PS2 version. It's like the game was rendered just below 720p then they just forgot to add any AA. Even the simplest of FXAA/SMAA could have fixed it up a bit. Oh well

RPGCrazied

The aliasing seems really bad. Like the same as the PS2 version. It's like the game was rendered just below 720p then they just forgot to add any AA. Even the simplest of FXAA/SMAA could have fixed it up a bit. Oh well

I'm sure its like 1.5. KHFM didn't have any AA.

Top Bottom