• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

I've been watching some Bizkit speedrun stream. Much better audio quality with no constant talking and music bugs. So far my favourite remasters have to be Mulan Battle theme (man, I can't remember a KH track name? That's worrying), Roxas, He's a Pirate (esfuckinpecially), Gummi Highway, Dive into the Heart+Fragments of Sorrow (KH2 version "choir" sounded really weird before). 13th Struggle is classy too. Closer to the CoM version. Looking foreward listening some of the later tracks.

iosefe

finally hearing A Fight to the Death, courtesy of Bizkit

it's gloriousit has my second favorite crescendo in video game music, a close second to The Opened Way from SotC

Falk

that puzzling face
You'd be thinking of vinyl crackle (or wax cylinder even), which is much warmer than digital clipping

this is so ugly smh
tumblr_ncwq3qCkyB1t234ouo1_500.jpg

I don't know why I ordered the Asian version of 2.5. The regular JP version is in stock and seemingly ready to ship while it doesn't look like the Asian version is going to ship anytime soon. =/

Banzai

Damn the itch to replay KH2FM is hitting me real hard. And I was gonna hold out for a potential ps4 collection...ah fuck it.

Tsunamo

2 Final Mix having dual audio still is quite funny in highnsight considering people were considering importing 1.5 for the false dual audio report while this does have it but there's a shorter gap in localisation (and Birth By Sleep maybe not having it)

Still funny to me in hindsight though.
Good news, everyone!

Difficulty trophies do stack.
I'm sorry Botty :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually, Seda will be unhappy. Because it means it's easier for other people at large and it doesn't matter to us we'll do it anyway.

send help

Anyone know difficult will the games be to platinum? I haven't played the Final Mix versions of KHII or KH:BBS

In particular the Top Gun trophies.

On a side note: I find this, and Tales of Zesteria as being the best swan song duet for the PS3. Now that Persona 5 is going to PS4, it doesn't count.

Falk

that puzzling face
Zestiria is coming out a full 6 months(ish) later though. I always figured 2014 was kind of a 'safe zone' for PS3 games.

(But yeah Zestiria is also the last thing I'll play before I unplug my PS3 for good, I think. Maybe finish off Sonic Unleashed and Disgaea D2 platinums before that lol)

Mecha

Anyone know difficult will the games be to platinum? I haven't played the Final Mix versions of KHII or KH:BBS

In particular the Top Gun trophies.

On a side note: I find this, and Tales of Zesteria as being the best swan song duet for the PS3. Now that Persona 5 is going to PS4, it doesn't count.

They look pretty easy, even the gummi ship missions are easy in KH2 because you can make OP ships.

I like how every single streamer seems to be avoiding playing Birth by Sleep HD for more than 5 minutes. Even Re:Coded's getting more play time, ffs.

Village

I like how every single streamer seems to be avoiding playing Birth by Sleep HD for more than 5 minutes. Even Re:Coded's getting more play time, ffs.

Do they not like it, is it a case of many of them not playing it? Maybe they like it the best and are saving it for last?

iosefe

Thanks, I'm just hoping there are no stupid-ass missions like the ones in KHFM HD gummi ships.
There are 3 types or missions. Regular points based, kill based, then points with a camera you control at 90°. Basically mission 1 hardcore mode
None of that khfm silliness

Tsunamo

Wait, 2.5 keeps the dual audio from the FM release? That's hilarious.

Wonder how so many importers are getting their copies so soon.
Yeah. Confirmed via stream now apparently.

I'm thinking it was by not going with Play-Asia honestly. I know Chaser from KHInsider lives in Aus aswell and got their copy this week so I feel like those holidays and protests really affected us not getting it this week.

CDJapan and other services are expensive for shipping (to Aus at least) but I know you get about the same shipping time between the both of them if you pay enough.
send help
There's no going back after Re:CoM.
I'd rather do 2 Final Mix first but yeah it is pretty weird how people are ignoring it.
Anyone know difficult will the games be to platinum? I haven't played the Final Mix versions of KHII or KH:BBS.
2 Final Mix will be pretty easy for the mostpart, beating Lingering Sentiment, getting to them, and beating the Organization 13 data battles will ramp up the difficulty a bunch though. If you're going to go for one this would be the one to go for.

Birth By Sleep requires you to 100% the game with all three characters which is incredibly difficult and time consuming so that will be much more difficult, about the same if not worse than Re:CoMs platinum.

Tsunamo

Hmm. If theater mode features english then perhaps the new voiced scenes are included as well? Someone should check this.
I was also wondering this myself. Re:Codeds Japanese version had part of the English translation in it so it's possible. (and yes I know h.a.n.d. isn't the osaka team but still)

There are 3 types or missions. Regular points based, kill based, then points with a camera you control at 90°. Basically mission 1 hardcore mode
None of that khfm silliness

Good to hear.

Birth By Sleep requires you to 100% the game with all three characters which is incredibly difficult and time consuming so that will be much more difficult, about the same if not worse than Re:CoMs platinum.

Neat. Well If I could Platinum Re:CoM, I can also Platinum BBS.

Yeah. Confirmed via stream now apparently.

I'm thinking it was by not going with Play-Asia honestly. I know Chaser from KHInsider lives in Aus aswell and got their copy this week so I feel like those holidays and protests really affected us not getting it this week.

CDJapan and other services are expensive for shipping (to Aus at least) but I know you get about the same shipping time between the both of them if you pay enough. There's no going back after Re:CoM.

Huh, Wonder if the new scenes are Engligh voiced on JP copies.

And yeah, figured as much. The reason I typically go with P-A is that aside from reasonable shipping waits, they have fantastic customer service, and usually will let you know ahead of time if a shipment they're waiting on has been delayed, and relate to you how that affects your order. The weirdest thing is, the JP copy of the game is in stock for them, while the page for the Asian version (The version I ordered) is still listed as a Pre-Order, with no estimated release or shipping date whatsoever. It's probably a combination of a late shipment for that particular SKU mixed with the holidays that just passed over there. Oh, well.

I'd rather do 2 Final Mix first but yeah it is pretty weird how people are ignoring it.

I'm just really eager to find out how Zero EXP and the Mirage Arena's been rebalanced. BBSFM is a full fledged mainline game just like KHIIFM, so I can understand people committing to one game at a time.

I never knew about those. Are they equal to the madness of KHFM?

I couldn't say. I never have done those. But for example here are the ones for the final gummi route (Dreadnaught):

Mission 1: Gummi ship must have at least two Ultima weapons.
Mission 2: Main Gummi ship must fit in a 3 x 3 box.
Mission 3: Gummi ship must have a Drain weapon.

Then again I never really had that much problems with gummi missions in 1.5 (and I did em in proud) except the very last one where IIRC you needed a bunch of points/kills on the EOTW route and enemies are quite a bit more tanky in proud. Had to experiment with a few weapon setups before I barely passed. Needed to have the balance between lasers and missiles just right.

Tsunamo

I've been wondering about the Gummi blueprints actually. Does getting all of them require you to complete all the missions, or is it a whole lot easier?
I'm prettysure it'sseparate from the journal in 2 so it would be great if it doesn't require too much.
And yeah, figured as much. The reason I typically go with P-A is that aside from reasonable shipping waits, they have fantastic customer service, and usually will let you know ahead of time if a shipment they're waiting on has been delayed, and relate to you how that affects your order. The weirdest thing is, the JP copy of the game is in stock for them, while the page for the Asian version (The version I ordered) is still listed as a Pre-Order, with no estimated release or shipping date whatsoever. It's probably a combination of a late shipment for that particular SKU mixed with the holidays that just passed over there. Oh, well.

I'm just really eager to find out how Zero EXP and the Mirage Arena's been rebalanced. BBSFM is a full fledged mainline game just like KHIIFM, so I can understand people committing to one game at a time.
Yeah same here. I haven't had any nightmares like some other people on GAF have had with them and have had nothing but good shipping times, customer service and the like.

And that's a shame, hopefully they get some copys in the ship out soon so you don't have to wait long.

And ditto for Mirage Arena. Zero EXP I completely forgot about, seeing as how BBS is the only critical level 1 I attempted I'd like to find out if they rebalanced that myself. I had fun up until Radiant Garden at which point I just stopped, the damage you do by that point (and even worse further from what i've seen) just makes it tedious and not worth the effort, but if it were re-balanced it could be so much more better.

Tsunamo

Never again. :(

I did accidentally stay level 1 until Radiant Garden in 2 Final Mix due to not realizing I had the Zero EXP skill equiped for that long :lol

Top Bottom