• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Speaking of EXP, I wonder if the HD version fixes that battle level glitch that makes it incredibly difficult to level up Aqua during her postgame. I'd hope so, although there thankfully doesn't seem to be a Level 100 trophy anyway.

Got in contact with a P-A rep, they'll most likely be receiving they're shipment on the seventh, so assuming that holds true, I'll probably have this by Wednesday.

Edit: I don't know if it's true or not, but apparently (BBS stuff)
they gave Lingering Sentiment a cape when you use him to fight Terra-Xehanort

aravuus

Capes? Canon? How are capes canon? Or not canon for that matter?

They're like, an incredibly small cosmetic detail. Or do they have some weird connection to the story?

Capes? Canon? How are capes canon? Or not canon for that matter?

They're like, an incredibly small cosmetic detail. Or do they have some weird connection to the story?

Just thinking more like if they will have capes in the future. We know that they removed them because of technical reasons on PSP but they might as well have made capes ''non canon'' at that point. Now they are doing a little tie-in to KH2FM.

Of course it doesn't matter when it comes to the story if the capes were ''canon'' or not, it's just what they will do going foreward.

The design decisions change all the time. At one point T+A+V didn't have keychains.

Tsunamo

Weird about the cape only appearing after the battle. Perhaps this is remnants of them trying to add capes to the game but not having the time to showing. Still a neat addition regardless of why it was only added in that specific scene.

And dear god, the 2 Final Mix texture bugs just get worse.
Speaking of EXP, I wonder if the HD version fixes that battle level glitch that makes it incredibly difficult to level up Aqua during her postgame. I'd hope so, although there thankfully doesn't seem to be a Level 100 trophy anyway.

Got in contact with a P-A rep, they'll most likely be receiving they're shipment on the seventh, so assuming that holds true, I'll probably have this by Wednesday
Huh, I didn't know about this. It would explain a bunch though about my post-game ventures with Aqua.

That's great! Not long to wait now!

iosefe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMmRo0c--zo

the way the cape materializes all of a sudden is so random. Makes the capes on TAV seem non canon now :/

post-37046-thats-actually-hilarious-gif-S-MmDq.gif

Tsunamo

Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD has English audio in theater mode too. I wonder just how much of the English game is on the disk.

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys remember how close the JP release seemed 2 months ago well now the EN release is just about as far away as the JP release was 2 months ago so it's close

Guys remember how close the JP release seemed 2 months ago well now the EN release is just about as far away as the JP release was 2 months ago so it's close

All I remember from 2 months ago is when SE announced Sleeping Dogs HD and it's out next week.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm personally looking forward to mid-November to end of the year which is when I'm transitioning from one type of work visa to another so no work for me on a mandatory basis.

It sucks to be forced to slack off and play video games. :3

(Although truth be told I'd just end up working on my portfolio instead)

Psxphile

Ah, they added the cape to tie in to the fact that Lingering Will has its cape when he meets Sora later. And the concept video is still a concept video. It's a crappy compromise, but it'll do.

RPGCrazied

So the Japan version is like Okami HD? All in English, even menus and items? If this was on Amazon and had prime shipping I'd probably just buy it now, but it probably would be more than $40 though.

So the Japan version is like Okami HD? All in English, even menus and items? If this was on Amazon and had prime shipping I'd probably just buy it now, but it probably would be more than $40 though.

No, the other language files are present on the game's disc, but they are not the default and are not so easily switched. The game's default language is Japanese audio with Japanese text.

Tsunamo

My copy's apparently on its way for delivery now, fingers crossed Fed-Ex don't realize i'm in a unit complex and decide to leave without delivering it.
I'm personally looking forward to mid-November to end of the year which is when I'm transitioning from one type of work visa to another so no work for me on a mandatory basis.

It sucks to be forced to slack off and play video games. :3

(Although truth be told I'd just end up working on my portfolio instead)
You live a hard life Falk :p

My copy's apparently on its way for delivery now, fingers crossed Fed-Ex don't realize i'm in a unit complex and decide to leave without delivering it.You live a hard life Falk :p

Did you order with Play-Asia? My order has been in "Preparing Order" for the past 4 days, and they haven't charged my card yet so I guess they're just being slow?

Edit: Missed Seven Force's post. They're getting copies on Tuesday?

Double edit: Apparently it's only the Asian version.. which is the one I chose for absolutely no reason. Goddamnit.

Jubern

what? There is English text in the game?????

Is there any way to enable it without hack?

Nope. People should be careful with how they talk about that: it's like FFX, you won't be able to play with English voices and EFIGS subs unless you use a hacked version on a modded PS3.

raven777

Nope. People should be careful with how they talk about that: it's like FFX, you won't be able to play with English voices and EFIGS subs unless you use a hacked version on a modded PS3.

God I wish SE would give options for voice voice and text like how they have been doing with recent FF games.

Tsunamo

Yup, the new dubbed scenes are in there too. (or at least this one is, not sure about the others but wouldn't suprise me) Birth By Sleep also has English stuff in the code like 2 Final Mix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdxWiDoxafA

I'm so sorry Frank :(

Edit:
10653626_10152359210497826_1752101321588039502_n.jpg

It's here! If anyone has any questions/wants anything confirmed while i'm doing my runs just ask.

Tsunamo

No way! They put my favorite version of Destati in Re:codeds movie that never (as far as I know anyway) was released in a OST.

It got used in Kingdom Hearts beta/early trailer and in one of Re:codeds trailers but it never got used in the games up until now. It being in Re:coded Theater Edition means it'll finally have a OST release!
How's the performance?
I've started off watching Re:coded so i'll let you know when I start in a couple of hours.

Psxphile

No way! They put my favorite version of Destati in Re:codeds movie that never (as far as I know anyway) was released in a OST.

It got used in Kingdom Hearts beta/early trailer and in one of Re:codeds trailers but it never got used in the games up until now. It being in Re:coded Theater Edition means it'll finally have a OST release!

Huh? Wasn't it already included on KH1's original OST release? It's definitely on the KH complete soundtrack collection (Disc 2): http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_Original_Soundtrack_Complete

I'm sure it's the same song from the KH1 beta trailer, the TGS 2001 trailer, Coded's 2008 DKsigma3713 trailer and Re:coded's 2010 E3 trailer.

Tsunamo

I thought the same myself originally and went to check but (admittedly this was years ago) and i'm prettysure it was just the version you hear in the original Kingdom Hearts and doesn't match the notes/last verse of the version I was talking about.

I'll admit they're not all that different but the buildup to the end of the track is much more intense in the version I was talking about and suits trailers much better.

Eh, Xaldin isn't that bad from the clip. More raspy voice than in KH2 times but okay.

I'm just really glad they are voicing the scenes. My biggest complaint for KH2FM additions
along with no limit genie!

Still need to know if they used Lees voice for the new scene from the old Days recording and if the final new scene ''thank Namine'' is voiced.

*wakes up*

*checks Play-Asia even though they said they wouldn't be getting stock until tomorrow*

*sees "Order Shipped"*

Chad_daddy.jpg

Congrats on getting your copy of the game, Tsunamo! If anything, I'll have mine tomorrow.

Tsunamo

Okay Re:coded's finished. Couple of misc things i'll note
The Link to All insert in Hollow Bastion was nice, that track is great for feel good moments with Sora.

The Boss battles are pretty underwhelming, it's not that they aren't done well but that most of them are quite short, I also found it odd how the first Riku battle in Hollow Bastion was quite short while the second one felt better and more lengthy. I know it's more powerful data but in hindsight it felt like the effort should have been put into the first one due to it being a more emotional scene.

They did do soras movements rather well though and I felt it was a good homage to the game, same goes for the battles.
Other than that I enjoyed it.

I'm just about to start Kingdom Heart 2 Final Mix (after 6 long years) and noticed that the waiting on the title screen clip is re-rendered this time so good that they didn't make the same mistake as 1.5
Eh, Xaldin isn't that bad from the clip. More raspy voice than in KH2 times but okay.

I'm just really glad they are voicing the scenes. My biggest complaint for KH2FM additions
along with no limit genie!

Still need to know if they used Lees voice for the new scene from the old Days recording and if the final new scene ''thank Namine'' is voiced.
Yeah, it's noticable but not too bad.

And Tsu is on the case!
*wakes up*

*checks Play-Asia even though they said they wouldn't be getting stock until tomorrow*

*sees "Order Shipped"*

Congrats on getting your copy of the game, Tsunamo! If anything, I'll have mine tomorrow.
That's great news. Where abouts do you live? It usually takes Play-Asia a little longer for it to get out to me.
Wow, is that a bug? I hope that gets fixed before releasing in NA.
Yeah, there's been a bunch of bugs found in 2.5s 2 Final Mix version. They're prominent enough that there's no chance they wont be fixed though and chances are they'll be pre-patched on the English version.

I actually laugh out loud at forum posts so rarely nowadays that I don't really know how I should response anymore. Lol, rofl, lmao and haha all sound so disingenuous.

I guess ded works just fine?

so

ded
haha

Edit: One of the things I really hate about 2 is it doesn't let you change the camera settings for so long.

That's great news. Where abouts do you live? It usually takes Play-Asia a little longer for it to get out to me.

NYC. I always use their fastest shipping option, and when they ship stuff out, it always comes within a single business day for me. So going by my order, they shipped it out (going by my local time) earlier this morning, so if past shipmemts are any indication, it'll probably be here this time tomorrow.

Falk

that puzzling face
The one and only time I ever used Free Shipping from Play-Asia (DJMAX Portable Clazziquai and Black Square) it took six weeks with no tracking to arrive in Malaysia. Good thing it did too; I was scheduled to ship off to Boston a couple more weeks after that. IQ probably fell out of my head sending so much correspondence with the most unhelpful customer service ever. ("we sent lol not our fault" yadda yadda)

And I was poor. :(

edit: "disney games arriving on steam" thread actually made me just wind 2 and 2 together and realize the significance of Castle of Illusion being on Steam (I even have it and it's the superior version by far)

WTF Disney :(

Tsunamo

So far so good with 2 Final Mix. Can barely see the aliasing if there is any (even zooming in more with the camera, but being farther out compared to 1 might be why) and the games framerate seems to be a solid 30fps so far.

Only gripe I have is there may be a bit of imput lag/delay but my TV is probably to blame for that. Or it could just be me adjusting to Kingdom Hearts 2s speed.

Also 2 Final Mix doesn't seem to have the softreset you could do in 1 and Re:CoM by pressing l1/2, r1/2 and start with select.
NYC. I always use their fastest shipping option, and when they ship stuff out, it always comes within a single business day for me. So going by my order, they shipped it out (going by my local time) earlier this morning, so if past shipmemts are any indication, it'll probably be here this time tomorrow.
Oh wow, that's impressive shipping time to there. But yeah, you can usually get the gist of how long it takes from past shipments.

Edit: One thing I really do love about these HD Collections is I notice minor details I wouldn't have before, like Sora being on Diz's monitors and Selphie having a Moogle accessory on her bag. They're really neat touches.

Tsunamo

I can't get over how amazing 2 Final Mix looks. 1 Final Mix in HD looked great but this is just stunning. I can barely see any aliasing and everything just looks beautiful, the mountains on Mulans world and Twilight Town in particular look amazing.

I can not wait to see how Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD will look!

Top Bottom