• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

I know difficulties stack this time, but man I think I'm just going to do Proud first time. The first game Final Mix Proud was brutal in some sections. I can't imagine anything higher in difficulty than Proud.

TBH I think I had more problems with the beginning of FM Proud than anything in FM2 Critical.

KH2 Proud is not hard at all in the end. Tho I dunno how the new Roxas boss is in proud since I have only played 2FM on critical and Roxas is the hardest mandatory boss for me.

Falk

that puzzling face
Proud and Critical (specifically to KH2) seem to be on par to be quite honest. Sure you die faster but so does everything else, and with all the survivability skills you're still going to end up with 1 hp and not die while casting cure, anyway.

RPGCrazied

TBH I think I had more problems with the beginning of FM Proud than anything in FM2 Critical.

KH2 Proud is not hard at all in the end. Tho I dunno how the new Roxas boss is in proud since I have only played 2FM on critical and Roxas is the hardest mandatory boss for me.

Proud and Critical (specifically to KH2) seem to be on par to be quite honest. Sure you die faster but so does everything else, and with all the survivability skills you're still going to end up with 1 hp and not die while casting cure, anyway.

Interesting, maybe I'll try Critical then. I mostly died on a few boss in KHFM Proud.

zeemumu

Something's going on with Disneyland and KH

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/525317586691829762/photo/1

This is Disneyland PARIS BTW

Tell_me_loki.gif

zeemumu

That KH 2.5 HD Remix Collector's Edition looks sweet. Any idea how much it'll cost? Somewhere around $120 maybe?

In all honesty I just want the pin since I just recently started doing the pin collecting.

zeemumu

Wait...

Disneyland Paris world in KH3?!

I see it being some cheap Sora cardboards in the Sleeping Beauty's castle.

I was hoping that it would be a reveal of KH merchandise in the Disney Parks. It seems to be the only franchise that Disney has its foot in that it's not using in the parks, after all. There's ABC show advertisements, ESPN sports bars, Marvel attractions and merchandise, Star Wars attractions and merchandise, but the most that I've ever heard of for Kingdom Hearts is a keychain and the collector's pin. Ironically, even Universal City Walk used to sell Kingdom Hearts figures in their stores. If they started selling plastic keyblade replicas or necklaces, Disney would have all of my money.

So now that people have actually played the thing is it pretty much confirmed both 2 and BBS are in 1080p? What about coded?

Finding any direct feed footage for the game is pretty much impossible it seems.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm hoping that the regular 2.5 game is still shaped like the 1.5 box. I know it won't have the artbook but it will look weird on my shelf.

Plus, I don't want to spend $100 on the collector's edition.

So now that people have actually played the thing is it pretty much confirmed both 2 and BBS are in 1080p? What about coded?

Finding any direct feed footage for the game is pretty much impossible it seems.

All fmvs and pre-rendered scenes are 720p. The game might internally render real time 810p then upscale to 1080p that idk.

Recoded is completely 720p videos. Audio is around 128kpbs MP3. Not very "HD" lol

Falk

that puzzling face
キングダム ハーツ HD 2.5 is what I meant, since the vast majority of people who have access to the game right now refer to it that way.

Also for a game with KH's visual's Youtube's bitrate/encoding is a lot more acceptable quality-wise than something like, say, Sonic or CoD.

After a long 4 weeks, my copy of 2.5 HD finally came in from Play-Asia.

This game looks insanely good. Maybe it's all in my head, but it looks a lot better than 1.5. Even using the comparatively rudimentary character models, the characters look fantastic. I'm really excited to see what they can do with Kingdom Hearts' art style in KH3.

The soundtrack is, as expected, sublime.

I'm just really pleased right now; this feels more like a true remaster compared to 1.5 which felt more like an uprezzed port to me.

Is it wrong that I'm most looking forward to spend hours on that board game from BBS? :(
If only it had online multiplayer.. =/

Also, I never really noticed it, but doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that there's a DOG in the bag on on Sunset Hill? Someone in Twilight Town stuffed a dog into a bag and tied it shut. Goddamn maniacs.

Falk

that puzzling face
I figured all that shit was essentially stuff DiZ cooked up to keep Roxas busy. Logic be damned.

Psxphile

D'aaw, DiZ gave Roxas some friends to play with while he was systematically and forcefully being reintegrated into Sora. :3

I figured all that shit was essentially stuff DiZ cooked up to keep Roxas busy. Logic be damned.
Unless I missed it, the dog one doesn't have the little glitch effects once you finish it, like the other ones did. It's just like "Oh look! It was just a dog the whole time!"

Falk

that puzzling face
So, maybe it wasn't the townspeople. Maybe the dog was the kid at school that got stuffed into his sack-locker by other dog-students.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, he uploaded the Atlantica songs.

Trivia: VGO's bassist played e bass on a lot of tracks. Under the Sea was one. Desire for All That's Lost was another. Also Agrabah stuff.

I played bass for Darkness of the Unknown (Dragon) cuz we overlooked that one and it was in a hurry

I was hoping that it would be a reveal of KH merchandise in the Disney Parks. It seems to be the only franchise that Disney has its foot in that it's not using in the parks, after all. There's ABC show advertisements, ESPN sports bars, Marvel attractions and merchandise, Star Wars attractions and merchandise, but the most that I've ever heard of for Kingdom Hearts is a keychain and the collector's pin. Ironically, even Universal City Walk used to sell Kingdom Hearts figures in their stores. If they started selling plastic keyblade replicas or necklaces, Disney would have all of my money.

The store in Japan at Epcot sells some Kingdom Hearts merch (and Final Fantasy, among other anime franchises). I think I've seen a shirt here and there at some of the resorts (the Contemporary comes to mind).

I wish they'd just make a 5th theme park (Orlando) called Radiant Garden, and when you get there in the morning its overrun by Heartless. You have to use your Magic Band to ride rides and visit attractions to battle the Heartless. Set it up with the exact same layout as Epcot... the front half would be the KH stories and the world showcase would be the different Disney worlds.

Shit like that would clean up. But Disney is Disney :(

Tsunamo

I'm kind of tempted to open my 10th anniversary box considering it's not going up in value much from when I originally got it like I thought it would (yet the Mark of Mastery edition did)
What do you think KHGAF?
This game looks insanely good. Maybe it's all in my head, but it looks a lot better than 1.5. Even using the comparatively rudimentary character models, the characters look fantastic. I'm really excited to see what they can do with Kingdom Hearts' art style in KH3.
Nah, it's not just you. 2 looks fantastic in full hd.

Yeah. I'm really looking forward to the re-reveal with the game having more progress being done on it and us seeing what they've done with Unreal Engine 4.
Can we appreciate the fact that KH2 has a villain song?

What game does that???

For all the shit KH2 gets for ''not enough disney'' (even from me at times) they sure didn't have any limits when they felt like it.
It's the only song I enjoy in Atlantica <3

Saw this on Facebook. "Inside the Kingdom, with Heart" private event that will take place on December 1st, one day before the game comes out.

Normally I don't pay attention to these things, but this caught my eye:

attendees will be treated to a never before seen Kingdom Hearts trailer

My first guess is that it's going to be some BS montage for 2.5, but I want to believe in something bigger. :eek:

Top Bottom