• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

So, after KH 2.5 comes out in NA/EU: what's the next chance that Square-Enix might have to announce something KH-related (like a 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD PS4 collection maybe)?

Jump festa at the minimum, but I feel like January 2015 is also good too. You would want them to at least milk a month of console sales before asking for more on current gen

Psxphile

So, after KH 2.5 comes out in NA/EU: what's the next chance that Square-Enix might have to announce something KH-related (like a 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD PS4 collection maybe)?

If they go this route, I hope they'll offer 3DHD by itself for those of us who don't want to double-dip on the first two. Unless it's just movie scenes.

Jump Festa traditionally has ALWAYS had something KH related for 10 years. It will be interesting since the only announced title is KH3. The obvious possibility is DDD HD and wildcard Teatrythm or some other smaller title.

Or SE might break the tradition. Who knows. At least XV will be there I guess...

Outside of cutscenes there's not a whole lot of worthwhile content in DDD as-is (though the slew of final bosses in TWTNW is quite good, I can't think of another particularly worthwhile boss fight in the whole game). Hard to say.

Outside of cutscenes there's not a whole lot of worthwhile content in DDD as-is (though the slew of final bosses in TWTNW is quite good, I can't think of another particularly worthwhile boss fight in the whole game). Hard to say.

Please oh please I don't want this game stuck at 240p for many years.

Andrefpvs

Well, at least DDD has that delicious soundtrack... It would be worth it if only for that.

And besides, the only reasonable time to release DDD HD would be 2015. No one will give a rat's arse about this game after KH3 is out.

Ugh. Is it normal for 2.5 HD to crash when you boot it up or select a game from the main menu?

Edit: seems like it does something to video output that sends my TV into a frenzy.

Falk

that puzzling face
I've had to restart multiple times because of the missing textures issue after a long session but I've never had it crash on startup

I've had to restart multiple times because of the missing textures issue after a long session but I've never had it crash on startup

I think it has something to do with resolution changes. It's happening on initial loading of the game selection menu, and after choosing a game. I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a hardware issue.

Problem solved: I figured out that it's my $60 HDMI splitter. Something I'm not pleased about. At all.

Reeeeeally hoping that texture shit is fixed in time for the NA release.

Yup. Just like the audio problems/triangle being multicommand for no reason were in 1.5 when they had 6 months to do so!
I'm a pessimist I know.

Oh Falk that's oldie but goldie. It's pretty funny if you scramble the letters you get
Saxmen

I also liked the one Batdan suggested way back:
Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMix |OT| It has been far too long, friend.

Because it has been far too long indeed SE. For both Final Mix and the collection damnit.

Let me take another crack at it:
Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMix |OT| I dare you to press triangle to win
My old ones:
Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Get back up on the Hydra's back!
Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Icecream thread

other old suggestion I liked:
Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMiX |OT| Death is but an inconvenience
Sorry Dreamdrop <3

And goddamn SE actually supplying the Collector's Edition to multiple shops here when I thought it wouldn't be available at all in Finland. I don't need the damn stuff but I kinda want the steelbook :(

Psxphile

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| This is the franchise in its true form
Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press &#9650; to pay respects
Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| You are the source of all slashfics

XMzABTL.png

TaiKH92

Banned
Well, at least DDD has that delicious soundtrack... It would be worth it if only for that.

And besides, the only reasonable time to release DDD HD would be 2015. No one will give a rat's arse about this game after KH3 is out.

I will remember Kingdom Hearts DDD for the forever
ec20fb7f.gif

Hey guys, Disney had a big digital event today in which they announced that Disney Infinity 2.0 is coming to iOS.

Just letting you know that an event at which something KH-related might have been announced happened and absolutely nothing KH-related was announced because Nomura has forsaken us.

TaiKH92

Banned
DDD? Great?

Dayum

I think I exaggerated a little, I'd say "really good" :p

But I'm really biased to this series, both KH1 and KH2 are in my own top 5, so I think I liked DDD and found it "really good" only because it was Kingdom hearts XD I can see why people wouldn't like some things about the game

Hey guys, Disney had a big digital event today in which they announced that Disney Infinity 2.0 is coming to iOS.

Just letting you know that an event at which something KH-related might have been announced happened and absolutely nothing KH-related was announced because Nomura has forsaken us.
''Digital'' event? That's like kryptonite for KH, man. Besides if they have something worthy of showing at this point they will save it for JF.

It's been a while but I still remember I criticized the BBS FM boxart here as the worst in the series because it always felt to me like it was different Nomura character arts just copy pasted without it being one ''whole'' artwork like everything else. Well it just blew my mind when I found out it pretty much IS a literal copy paste work. Check it out:
yOU9qFm.jpg

That's the old ass promotional artwork when BBS+Coded+Days were developed simultaneously from like 2008? That's the exact same art for Terra and Mickey used for the BBS FM boxart with just touched up clothes to match the release version of BBS. Nomura was either really busy or had a lazy afternoon.

Here's the BBS FM art:
mpxdnbz.jpg

I'm sure everyone here already knew it but it never really connected for me.

botty

Banned

Disney Infinity doesn't even have anything to do with Disney anymore.

''Digital'' event? That's like kryptonite for KH, man. Besides if they have something worthy of showing at this point they will save it for JF.

It's been a while but I still remember I criticized the BBS FM boxart here as the worst in the series because it always felt to me like it was different Nomura character arts just copy pasted without it being one ''whole'' artwork like everything else. Well it just blew my mind when I found out it pretty much IS a literal copy paste work. Check it out:
yOU9qFm.jpg

That's the old ass promotional artwork when BBS+Coded+Days were developed simultaneously from like 2008? That's the exact same art for Terra and Mickey used for the BBS FM boxart with just touched up clothes to match the release version of BBS. Nomura was either really busy or had a lazy afternoon.

That Roxas design is really good. It has something that's lacking in the future renditions of the character, but i can't pinpoint what exactly it is.

I remember the hype i had for Days and BBS...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Remind me to never order from the Square-Enix store again.
Tried to pre-order 2.5, my account already got charged instead of waiting for December.
What the hell?

Famassu

Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts Fall 2015. That could be a pretty quick job and fill their "one KH game per year" quota. Then save KH HD MegaCollection+ (the + is for Re:Dream Re:Drop Re:Distance, a Type-0 like HD upgrade of DDD) PS4Bone for 2016 if/when KHIII slips to 2017.

Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts Fall 2015. That could be a pretty quick job and fill their "one KH game per year" quota. Then save KH HD MegaCollection+ (the + is for Re:Dream Re:Drop Re:Distance, a Type-0 like HD upgrade of DDD) PS4Bone for 2016 if/when KHIII slips to 2017.
I'm still waiting for Poker Night at Luxord's

Top Bottom