• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

I have no idea what the track listing is. Both soundtracks are a combination of 7 discs with about 180 tracks spanning across them.
At least that's the best of my Japanese knowledge I can understand from the site lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Which tracks are in these? Is it every track from every game in 1.5 + 2.5, or only the remastered tracks?

You'll find out in two days. :V

I have the list good to go, but I'm only updating vgmdb after it releases. Assuming someone doesn't get to it first.

I assume DDD HD isn't on the list because they want to surprise people?

Kh3 just switched engines, expected on that front

They never put unannounced titles on the list. And the odds that we're getting KH:DDD HD in standalone form are exceedingly low because its value proposition compared to KH 1.5 or 2.5 is laughably bad unless it's being sold for ~$15 or less.

They never put unannounced titles on the list. And the odds that we're getting KH:DDD HD in standalone form are exceedingly low because its value proposition compared to KH 1.5 or 2.5 is laughably bad unless it's being sold for ~$15 or less.
They can always bundle a kh3 demo (if it is feasible to release around late 2015) or just both older collections. Or they could do a slightly cheaper release indeed.

I'm not saying kh3 demo exactly should justify higher price but fans would eat that up.

They can always bundle a kh3 demo (if it is feasible to release around late 2015) or just both older collections. Or they could do a slightly cheaper release indeed.

I'm not saying kh3 demo exactly should justify higher price but fans would eat that up.
KH3 demo wouldn't justify it and is hella unlikely given the engine switch.

But yeah, as I've said before, KH 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD seems quite possible.

Famassu

There really isn't much to discuss until the game itself drops. D:

Although Shimomura-san posted this!

10393754_718914781528731_3432113126979732888_n.jpg
Already pre-ordered almost two weeks ago. 8)

Kind of glad I hadn't ordered it yet, then. Chances are a new batch will likely get printed, right?

But yeah, as I've said before, KH 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD seems quite possible.

Yeah. Bundling a new game would be the only way I see anyone but KH die hards rebuying 1.5 & 2.5 on current gen consoles, and bundling DDD with other games is the only way I see a DDD HD release ever happening.

Kind of glad I hadn't ordered it yet, then. Chances are a new batch will likely get printed, right?

Yeah. Bundling a new game would be the only way I see anyone but KH die hards rebuying 1.5 & 2.5 on current gen consoles, and bundling DDD with other games is the only way I see a DDD HD release ever happening.

Oh I think it's entirely possible that it'll be on PS4, not PS3.

And I'd totally re-buy them if we get 60fps out of the deal.

Famassu

I don't see why it would have to be so cheap. If it's just a resolution upgrade and it had to be a physical copy because of some weird shit keeping them from releasing KH digitally, they could ask 29.99$ for it because of manufacturing etc. costs and because they WOULD have to make some bigger changes because of PS3/4/Bone not having dual/touch screen. If they perhaps did something a bit more akin to Type-0 HD instead of a "just" a resolution upgrade, there's no reason why they couldn't charge even more. It's still a game that can offer dozens of hours of gameplay, so it's not as if people would be completely ripped off. Maybe it would drive off people like you who have already played the 3DS version from buying the game at full price, but we know that DDD didn't do all that great on 3DS, so there are probably a lot of people who'd be buying the game for the first time, so 29.99-39.99 wouldn't be completely crazy, depending on how much work they put into it and what kind of extras they might (or might not) offer with it. Of course they could then offer a 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD HD mega collection as well that makes it a little more affordable.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Squar...sed-Plus-European-Release-Date-and-Price-4741

Welp. Disc 2 of KH1.5 soundtrack is defective, and is being replaced free of charge.

Gotta be a pain for imports though D:
:S Oh well, it's just one song. It's not like I listen to these directly from the CD, I just rip them to my gaming OST FLAC collection and put the box into my OST collection on the shelf. Will just replace the FLAC with a fixed version digitally, if my copy is defective and it's too hard to get a replacement CD (the first allocation was seemingly sold out before I pre-ordered, so I might perhaps get one from the second batch, fingers crossed)

I don't see it as completely impossible to get a Type-0 HD kind of release (especially if Type-0 HD turns out to be relatively successful) where they take some of the more advanced graphical tech they've come to use in KHIII and outsource a graphically upgraded version to HexaDrive after they are done with Type-0 HD. That they could sell for maybe 39.99$ (or if it's "next-gen only", 1080p@60fps with some cool extras like a few minute KHIII trailer, even with a 10$ next-gen tax at 49.99$). Or a more direct port with only a resolution (& framerate) upgrade and some touched-up/cleaned up textures and cutscene models used in in-game situations + gameplay modified for no dual/touch screen for 29.99$.

RPGCrazied

So this comes out in like a week, yet no word on how the limited edition box will look. They did say they wanted to match the size of 1.5's box. I hope they don't scrap the idea cause of the CE now.

But I'm guessing it will just be an outer tall cardboard box with the game and pin in it?

Falk

that puzzling face
Square Enix put up two trailers today.

One initially was uploaded with no music, and the other used the pre-remake versions of music.

I guess it's a classic example of left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So this comes out in like a week, yet no word on how the limited edition box will look. They did say they wanted to match the size of 1.5's box. I hope they don't scrap the idea cause of the CE now.

But I'm guessing it will just be an outer tall cardboard box with the game and pin in it?

Plastic case with the same size is my guess.. And the pin probably outside doubt it's going to come inside the box.

Psxphile

Shiro Amane's manga recap for the games in I.5 ReMix now has an official english localization. It's the same comic strip that was made available when II.5 shipped in Japan. You can view it on the Square Enix site here.

Protag

Banned
As much as i love Re:Chain of memories, i feel like playing it on begginer mode to just cruise through and enjoy the story so i could get to 358 then II

Square Enix put up two trailers today.

One initially was uploaded with no music, and the other used the pre-remake versions of music.

I guess it's a classic example of left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Scherzo Di Notte was the 2.5 version in the trailer

Few fun facts about the 2.5 english version:

There are some audio issues. Some battle sounds don't play correctly if there is another sound from the same source playing. For example When Xigbar uses his super attack the sound from his guns skip some shots and it makes it sound almost slow-mo compared to original. When Saix does his berserk combo attacks he skips every other grunt due to the same issue. Pete also has some battle quotes that don't seem to play.

Game is based on the censored version but Xigbar does actually combine his guns into a rifle (scope is still the localized sci-fi version).

On a positive note they now have a more detailed translation on abilities. For example before Fire Boost was translated to something like ''increases fire damage'' and in 2.5 it's ''increases fire damage by 20%''. Or Defender from ''increases defence in a pinch'' to ''increases defence by 3 in a pinch''. I know Final Mix japanese version actually was always like this but I'm not sure if that was the case for vanilla JPN KH2.

I do still dislike the BBS font a bit.

So I played Kingdmo Hearts 2(no final mix) when it was released and can remember bits and pieces. I haven't played BBS before though. Should i start there or just play KH2?
Back then I played KH2+Chain of memories before i played KH1 - Yes i was confused as hell but figured out the basical plotline of KH1.

Kinsei

Banned
So I played Kingdmo Hearts 2(no final mix) when it was released and can remember bits and pieces. I haven't played BBS before though. Should i start there or just play KH2?
Back then I played KH2+Chain of memories before i played KH1 - Yes i was confused as hell but figured out the basical plotline of KH1.

I think you should replay KH2 first.

botty

Banned

KH1->COM=DAYS->KH2 can be considered a complete story if you play it like this. Including the other games only complicates things, so it really is a decision of whether you're going in for the craziness or not. I prefer release order, personally.

Mecha

I really hope scalpers calm down a bit and lower the KH2.5 collectors edition price on ebay some, $200+ is ridiculous.

KH1->COM=DAYS->KH2 can be considered a complete story if you play it like this. Including the other games only complicates things, so it really is a decision of whether you're going in for the craziness or not. I prefer release order, personally.

I'm aware of the chronological order. Was just wondering I should skip to BBS since apparently it has alot of story. Nomrlaly people says KH2-> BBS . But as i've played it,but don't remember much was wondering if It would be better to play it again first - would remembering everything from KH2,make BBS better or is just a vague understanding of the story good enough. I guess I'll jump into KH2 then.

Falk

that puzzling face

Skipping BBS means you're already dead

botty

Banned
Playing KH2 first will only make Ven more insufferable since he's literally just Sora and Roxas...except weaker and more co-dependant.

Playing KH2 first will only make Ven more insufferable since he's literally just Sora and Roxas...except weaker and more co-dependant.

>< spoiler tag?
I understand that this guy looks like roxas(If he's the one you're talking about) ... But he could have another connection to Roxas+Sora - Kingdom hearts has a twisted story line at points.

Falk

that puzzling face
Saying ven "is roxas" or "is sora" isn't spoiling anything more than you could get out of looking at the box art.

That being said though, KH OT has been dropping spoilers and discussion for everything up to and including DDD since forever since technically they're years old. You might wanna steer clear of the community OT for a while and stick to the KH2.5 OT since I believe things are supposed to be spoiler tagged there at least.

zeemumu

Saying ven "is roxas" or "is sora" isn't spoiling anything more than you could get out of looking at the box art.

That being said though, KH OT has been dropping spoilers and discussion for everything up to and including DDD since forever since technically they're years old. You might wanna steer clear of the community OT for a while and stick to the KH2.5 OT since I believe things are supposed to be spoiler tagged there at least.

Box art? You could probably figure that out from looking at their faces alone.

Caladrius

I'll take the kid who eventually learns to stop getting his ass kicked and starts being proactive to the ditzy pinball protagonist and Captain angsty girlfriend-missing amnesiac. :V

Falk

that puzzling face

Hypothetically if you've had a media blackout all this time, you buy the game, you look at the box art, you go "holy hell why does this guy look like roxas lol"

edit: BBS box art, I meant. But KH2.5 box art works too.

Ah, I haven't noticed any other spoilers, I only joined NeoGAF recently so I figured everyone was just being nice and just discussing KH as a series :D.

Yup that's what I said.

Top Bottom