• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

According to importers the difficulty trophies stack now. In fact all of the trophies can be gotten in a single playthrough now. Getting all three characters in BbS to level 99 will probably take a while.

I'm not sure whether I actually want to bother beating BBSFM on Critical. It's so much less fun/interesting than it is in KH2FM.

Falk

that puzzling face
x3PSnX7.jpg

iwsKZFM.jpg

oboy

edit: and the video of unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjV4YiKsY-c

one-handed vertical video; i'm pretty much the worst person on the planet

Kinsei

Banned
I'm not sure whether I actually want to bother beating BBSFM on Critical. It's so much less fun/interesting than it is in KH2FM.

Apparently they changed the way zero EXP works in it. Supposedly you can beat
No Heart
in about 2 minutes with zero exp equipped on Critical. I'm probably going to do a 100% run on Proud and then a lvl 1 run on Critical.

Apparently they changed the way zero EXP works in it. Supposedly you can beat
No Heart
in about 2 minutes with zero exp equipped on Critical. I'm probably going to do a 100% run on Proud and then a lvl 1 run on Critical.

Ah, so sort of like in KH1.5, Zero Exp actually invisibly boosts your stats a bit even if you equip it at max level?

Falk

that puzzling face
Shipping broke it. People are reporting that UPS essentially says "scheduled for _____" and then "scheduled for early delivery for _____" right below it.

Alright, I have a couple of questions above 365/2 Days:
Why/how does Roxas get Xion's keyblade? Wasn't it a fake? Can they just make keyblades from memories now :S?
Why does Roxas toss Riku his keyblade at the beginning of the "fight".
What are Mickey and Riku doing for most of the game..."Investigating" the organisation for a year?

Kinsei

Banned
Why/how does Roxas get Xion's keyblade? Wasn't it a fake? Can they just make keyblades from memories now :S?
What are Mickey and Riku doing for most of the game..."Investigating" the organisation for a year?

That's not Xion's keyblade.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Riku is helping out DiZ. Mickey is just off doing his own thing.

The steelbook looks fantastic, wish they would have added 1.5 to the binding though since it literally contains both 1.5 and 2.5.
My collector's edition should be delivered Monday. It's already in town! Yippie!!!

That's not Xion's keyblade.

That's what I thought but the kingdom hearts wiki says that it is =S - Is this a crappy source of info?:http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And ends up regretting it immediately after...

Riku is helping out DiZ. Mickey is just off doing his own thing.

Does this get explained further or is it just helping out with Xion - I'm not sure that helping with Xion could go on for that long,but if he's monitoring her 24/7 I guess so...

Thanks for the answer.

Kinsei

Banned
That's what I thought but the kingdom hearts wiki says that it is =S - Is this a crappy source of info?:http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days

Does this get explained further or is it just helping out with Xion - I'm not sure that helping with Xion could go on for that long,but if he's monitoring her 24/7 I guess so...

Thanks for the answer.

No clue how reliable the wiki is. If I had to guess, the story portion of the article was added around the time that the game came out and was never updated once we found out the truth.

Yep! It's obvious that the only reason that's in there is because people would complain if that scene wasn't like Deep Dive.

Kinda

How long is Reverse/Rebirth on Chain of Memories? I just beat the regular mode and was wondering if I could beat it before 2.5 is out.

It's pretty short. You should be able to beat it before 2.5 if you get a good handle on Riku's sleights.

Ah, so sort of like in KH1.5, Zero Exp actually invisibly boosts your stats a bit even if you equip it at max level?

Yeah, meaning that bosses don't take 15-30 minutes to beat on Level 1 runs while enemy mobs are still a threat, though that's mostly negated by spells like Magnega, Zero Gravity, Poison and Ignite. Should be pretty fun this time around.

Famassu

IIRC, Nomura has implied in the past that Mickey's doings between I & II have some significance and that he would have liked to delve into all of it somehow. The impression I've gotten is that Mickey has travelled the Realm of Darkness (in addition to keeping an eye on the events of Days/ReCoM and helping out at times) and we might've seen more of that had Birth By Sleep 2 ever happened. Just speculating, but I'm fairly certain what he has been doing is tied to saving Aqua from the Realm of Darkness and trying to figure out how to get Ven out from Castle Oblivion.

Riku, on the other hand, was mostly tasked with helping DiZ, protecting sleeping Sora and trying to make it so that Sora gets all his memories back.

Kinsei

Banned
I forgot how stupid Marluxia's final form is on Proud. He just keeps spamming that stupid one hit kill attack forcing you to stock up on level 9 cards and just mash X hoping you can kill him before he kills you.

I usually have a deck full of high level magic sleights (Firaga, Blizzaga, Firaga Burst, etc.) for his second form, and enough cards for about 4-5 casts of Lethal Frame for the final form. Wrecks Marluxia on pretty much any difficulty.

Lnds500

Thanks for the answer.

It's Xion's Keyblade in the sense that she is the one carrying it at the time.

Pretty sure Roxas has only ever had access to two keyblades: His own (Which is Sora's) and Ventus' (Which he can wield because he more than likely has/had Ventus' heart). The only thing Xion did was awakeni Roxas' ability to access that second keyblade.

Famassu

So am I the only one who didn't have a problem with vanilla KHII's difficulty level due to "artificially" making it a bit harder? You could basically emulate the Critical mode, in a way. What I did was I didn't use things like Exp Boost and I also limited the use of some of the other damage/defense boosting abilities when I felt Sora was becoming a little too powerful or too hard to kill + didn't always use the best equipment (especially defensive ones). I DID use all the abilities that added to my offensive/defensive move repertoire. This way it's not that I had to actively not use something like Drive forms or that I couldn't use every offensive or defensive skill in my disposal (in fact, strategic use of Drive forms was often a saving grace in boss battles and learning to guard well was essential), it's more that Sora just didn't become so overpowered as quickly as you normally do in KHII.

The only downside to this was that sometimes killing enemies became a bit slow, which wasn't too much of a problem because then you could just activate the EXP boost ability temporarily and grind 2-3 levels (which is pretty easy when you are a little underleveled) or just equip some stronger keyblade. On the other hand the fights were a lot more exciting because you really had to pay attention since you could be killed pretty quickly.

Some people complain that it shouldn't be their job to balance the difficulty and while they are right, I just kind of think some of the abilities like driving assists are in driving games. I just simply don't "turn them on" when they become available. Of course the properly balanced Critical Mode in Final Mix is superior, but this way didn't require all that much effort & stressing your brain on what you could and could not do, so I felt it was worth it for the added challenge that made it not-as-much-of-a mindless button smasher.

RPGCrazied

2 more days!! I really want to play BBS first, cause I never have before. Not like I know what happens. I've played all the rest in the series countless times. Probably just do 2 first.

What is your favorite world in 2 GAF? Its Tron for me.

2 more days!! I really want to play BBS first, cause I never have before. Not like I know what happens. I've played all the rest in the series countless times. Probably just do 2 first.

I think you'll probably get a lot more out of BBS if you play it right after II.

As for my favorite world, it's probably either Timeless River or Space Paranoids. I think the best KH worlds tend to be the really unexpected ones where you question how the hell it could even be adapted to KH prior to playing through it. (The Grid and Symphony of Sorcery in KH3D were similar pleasant surprises)

#teamcodedfirst

Favourite KH2 world is Olympus (not the arena events tho). Perfect mix of KH OG, Disney and Final Fantasy. Plot is kept simple and served in a good package, scenario writer knew what they were doing unlike in some other worlds *coughpridelandscough*

Also the first visit especially is just non stop cool situations with THREE bossfights (four if you scrap the barrel and count Demyx). James Woods is the cherry on top.

Plus in FM it's the first world with Absent Silhouette.

The only real downsides I can think of with the world is that the music is not top tier and the Underworld could have made a bit more interesting looking.

edit:I'm also a little dissapointed that they didnt take the chance with BBS HD and pull the camera further from the character. They kinda should have done it with KH1 but BBS has much more open areas where the camera gets stuck to walls way, wayyy less.

Falk

that puzzling face
1) Start Critical Mode like I planned
2) Get overconfident
3) Forget to equip Guard
4) Ass kicked by Axel (lol)

I should just uninstall

any impressions from people who got early copies? i'm quite hype since it is my first time playing KH2 and i get to play the definite edition it's even more sweeter.

Falk

that puzzling face
Played the JP version. Being in HD and Final Mix it's pretty much the best experience for KH2 outside of loading times which are a little longer than on PS2.

Also would repeat the advice of staying away from KH Community OT as spoilers are dropped left and right. Actual KH2.5 OT goes up in a couple of days, I believe.

Played the JP version. Being in HD and Final Mix it's pretty much the best experience for KH2 outside of loading times which are a little longer than on PS2.

Also would repeat the advice of staying away from KH Community OT as spoilers are dropped left and right. Actual KH2.5 OT goes up in a couple of days, I believe.

I'll post it tomorrow evening/night local time so in about 24+ hours give or take.

Kinsei

Banned

Pride Lands. I love running around as a lion cub.

Top Bottom