• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Malyse

Well, the way I interpret it, it would technically make it a "Heartless World." And I imagine that having a strong enough "World Heart" to cobble its scraps together to form a new world is sort of analogous to a person having such a strong heart that their Heartless retains a human/their original form.

And when a heart is that strong, it generates a Nobody at the same time, which is why I wonder what the deal is with The World That Never Was, and why it seems to share some aesthetic with Traverse Town.

Traverse Town's Fifth District and Back Streets remind me a lot of TWTNW's Memory's Skyscraper and Dark City.

Traverse Town got its own keyhole in KH1, though, so it could go in a lot of different directions. Maybe Traverse Town *is* the Nobody and the keyhole was similar to the regrowing of a heart that Nobody's were confirmed to be capable of as of DDD.

Nobodies require a strong will to exist. I don't thing worlds have that.

----

NEW HEADCANON.
xion_as_sora__by_outering-d8dteip.png

zeemumu

The name implies that it's an artificial world. Maybe it was meant to be a world for the organization and other nobodies after they were given hearts by their Kingdom Hearts.

botty

Banned
excuse the ugliness..

omf5gW9.jpg

And my theory may be a bit wrong, but couldn't Xehanort create an infinite amount of Xemnas/ASoD by doing this?

I mean... you just split yourself into a heartless and nobody, then let the nobody grow a new heart until it can create another set of heartless and nobody.

Malyse

excuse the ugliness..

omf5gW9.jpg

And my theory may be a bit wrong, but couldn't Xehanort create an infinite amount of Xemnas/ASoD by doing this?

I mean... you just split yourself into a heartless and nobody, then let the nobody grow a new heart until it can create another set of heartless and nobody.
Too slow.

excuse the ugliness..

omf5gW9.jpg

tumblr_inline_nh3vhwZu2s1rotwz4.png

zeemumu

Couldn't he just time travel? In 1 year Roxas grew a heart. The Kingdom Hearts series spans well over ten years. He could grow over 10 Xehanort/Xemnas.

His whole thing was that he didn't have enough time to enact his plan, which is why he hijacked Terra. Also, too much time travel is bad for a series, and it's why Ansemester SoD exists in the first place because he was formless when he time traveled, I think.

Falk

that puzzling face
So Square uploaded a video about the KH II.5 Launch Party, and they show ONLY the reaction of the people watching the KH III trailer! BASTARDS!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=COhm49mTluQ

Edit: Oh God, their faces!!!!!! That's so great. I want the trailer, Square!!! PLSSSSSS

They still haven't gotten around to uploading the piano solo/duet performance itself, have they? Augh.

(Not sure if they're still going to, they said that was the plan way back when)

Master Xehanort's Japanese VA passed away today :(

I wonder what implications this could have for KH3.

Well that's ''convinient'' since I doubt the english VA will be doing it either :(. RIP

They could just have some other incarnation of him do the talking I guess. Or MGS4 route as in make him change his appearance to Terranort and just use his voice. That or just throw Corey Burton at the problem.

Has anyone in the KH series (who is an actual named character) truly, actually died, ever?

Not talking about mythos/lore/whatever-specific characters necessarily. For example, it's pretty arguable that Clayton, the Wicked Stepmother and the Ugly Stepsisters are totally dead. Scar, too.

But then again, Oogie Boogie was (apparently) killed in KH1 and then KH2 shows that he's totally resurrectable. So, who the hell knows.

Has anyone in the KH series (who is an actual named character) truly, actually died, ever?

Not talking about mythos/lore/whatever-specific characters necessarily. For example, it's pretty arguable that Clayton, the Wicked Stepmother and the Ugly Stepsisters are totally dead. Scar, too.

But then again, Oogie Boogie was (apparently) killed in KH1 and then KH2 shows that he's totally resurrectable. So, who the hell knows.

Death is very similar to Marvel. In KH1 there was no doubt every villain ''died'' but they can always come up with some excuse to bring them back as the sequel showed. Ursula in KH2 being the worst case. So in short death in the KH universe means very little from the audience standpoint.

zeemumu

I think any of the villains are resurrectable. Ursula came back 3 times.

Malyse

Scar.

Is Eraqus the only truly dead KH character?

It had looked like Ansem the Wise died until it turned out he's just chilling out in the Realm of Darkness. Eraqus's apparently dwelling in Terra's heart protecting him and his keyblade showed up for Aqua in her Secret Episode. Maybe he's dead Obi-Wan Kenobi style but that's not going to stop him from showing up in KH3 (especially since KH3 seems to be the one that's finally going to tell us Master Xehanort's whole story).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*watching the Re:coded movie*
Alice sounds famili- that's Hynden Walch... she's using her PB voice with a British accent.
I'm surprised James Woods voiced Hades for a role this small. I guess he loves playing him.

Is Eraqus the only truly dead KH character?

It's possible that he's one of the 13 Xehanorts. He was struck down by Xehanort after Terra wounded him. It's possible in that moment, he put part of his heart into him. Just a theory though.

The Wicked Stepmother and Ugly Stepsisters getting killed in an explosion is easily one of my favorite KH moments because it's such an utterly bizarre and unexpectedly violent deviation from the Disney material. KH is at its best when it's strange, IMO.

fatty

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to play the original KH on the PS2 for the very first time, how is the difficulty? Is sticking with the normal option going to give a good challenge? I normally play the standard difficulty when playing RPGs but just want to make sure it wasn't going to be too easy. Thanks!

Psxphile

The Wicked Stepmother and Ugly Stepsisters getting killed in an explosion is easily one of my favorite KH moments because it's such an utterly bizarre and unexpectedly violent deviation from the Disney material. KH is at its best when it's strange, IMO.

They'll be miraculously alive and well when KH3 adapts the Cinderella sequel material. :p

Malyse

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to play the original KH on the PS2 for the very first time, how is the difficulty? Is sticking with the normal option going to give a good challenge? I normally play the standard difficulty when playing RPGs but just want to make sure it wasn't going to be too easy. Thanks!
But what do you play action games on?

Famassu

I'm wondering if they'll do anything with the Chain of Memories Org XIII members who we haven't seen since their CoM days much or at all (other than "Data" form). I'm assuming they are back to their human forms as well.

Malyse

I'm wondering if they'll do anything with the Chain of Memories Org XIII members who we haven't seen since their CoM days much or at all (other than "Data" form). I'm assuming they are back to their human forms as well.
We've seen them more than once.

Just finished playing Kingdom Hearts 2 HD, and I loved it. The gameplay was so much better than the first game. I really can't wait to dive into BBS but I'm not sure when I'll be able to as I'm not sure if I'll be able to use my PS3 after tomorrow :(

anyway, I'm more excited about this franchise than ever, and I can't wait to hear more KHIII info and jump into some discussions here after I finish the current titles.

I know most of what happens, but I want to experience the game first before I offer and discussion of my own.

Also Xemnas' voice is incredible. The voice work in these games are incredible.

not including Aerith

It had looked like Ansem the Wise died until it turned out he's just chilling out in the Realm of Darkness. Eraqus's apparently dwelling in Terra's heart protecting him and his keyblade showed up for Aqua in her Secret Episode. Maybe he's dead Obi-Wan Kenobi style but that's not going to stop him from showing up in KH3 (especially since KH3 seems to be the one that's finally going to tell us Master Xehanort's whole story).
We're probably gonna see a lot of young xehanort and young eraqus in the kh 3 intro.

Alice sounds famili- that's Hynden Walch... she's using her PB voice with a British accent.
I'm surprised James Woods voiced Hades for a role this small. I guess he loves playing him.

It's possible that he's one of the 13 Xehanorts. He was struck down by Xehanort after Terra wounded him. It's possible in that moment, he put part of his heart into him. Just a theory though.
hmmm... maybe, but I don't think we're going to see that.

Naw. He's in Terra (in Xehanort) like Ven is in Sora.
damn it nomura

zeemumu

This series' choice of voice actors is pretty interesting. I'm surprised that the got Kathryn Beaumont to come back and do her Wendy and Alice voices for the first game, especially since those movies came out around 50 years ago.

And yeah, it seems like James Woods is always up for more Hades.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't get it. Didn't we explicitly see Eraqus die? How did he survive?

Top Bottom