• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

This is just a copy of my post from the 2.5 thread:

Alright a couple of questions - I haven't played DDD and am watching Re:coded so some of them may be answered in them.
1) Why doesn't mickey recognise Xehanort or just the name when he goes to visit Ansem.
2)Who repairs ventus' heart at the start of BBS? - Sora? If so how?
3)What's up with the ending of BBS - Xion,Axel(Who are dead afaik),RoxasTerra,Ventus all say Sora's name?
4)Terra's heart went from his body to the armor and back again? Or was it his "will" that moved his armor?
5)Do Riku or Mickey meet aqua when they enter the realm of darkness at the end of KH1 - this is how they get seperated?
6)Doesn't ventus defeat vanitas when they dive in to the heart - why is vanitas in control when fighting Aqua and why is he only defeated when Aqua breaks the blade.
7) The hell is up with the light coming from Aqua's wayfinder? Is it the power of friendship or some other cliche?
8)When Terra+Xehanort are in terra's heart , Xehanort remembers everything whilst Xehanort has amnesia in the real world - how does this work?
9)Do they explain how all of Org 13 become nobodies or is just Xehanorts "experiments" that causes them to become nobodies?
EDIT:
10)Why does Mickey's keyblade change between the Gold Kingdom Key and the one he has in BBS?.
11) are there two kingdom hearts? One made by the organisation in the twtnw and the one in the key blade graveyard?
12) is Soras Kingdom Key the chi-blade?
13)Does ventus pass on the light/keyblade to sora like aqua and terra do to Kairi & Riku?
14)Why does Riku's sword crash into ventus' heart with the kingdom key in BBS opening scene?

I'm only asking here(rather than googling) as I want to avoid spoilers. If one of the questions is explained it DDD please say so.

1) I don't think Mickey ever met Terra
2) Sora, I think when it happened Sora's heart was going to his newborn body but saw Ven's heart calling for help and so it went and helped him
3) It's symbolic, it means that Sora can save all of them
4) I think Lingering Will is just that, the remains of Terra's feelings
6) I believe that fight happens at the same time, Ventus and Vanitas are fighting inside while Aqua and Vanitas-Ventus are fighting outside.
10) Mickey found Kingdom Key D in the Dark Realm.
12) No
13) Nope
14) actually idk lol

I guess there's spoilers in these.

Malyse

This is just a copy of my post from the 2.5 thread:

Alright a couple of questions - I haven't played DDD and am watching Re:coded so some of them may be answered in them.
1) Why doesn't Mickey recognise Xehanort or just the name when he goes to visit Ansem.

Riku Rikku. It's not impossible to have the same name and Mickey never meets MX.

Sora and he just does.

3)What's up with the ending of BBS - Xion,Axel(Who are dead afaik),RoxasTerra,Ventus all say Sora's name?

Symbolism.

4)Terra's heart went from his body to the armor and back again? Or was it his "will" that moved his armor?

Will.

5)Do Riku or Mickey meet aqua when they enter the realm of darkness at the end of KH1 - this is how they get separated?

Dunno yet. Probably not.

6)Doesn't ventus defeat vanitas when they dive in to the heart - why is vanitas in control when fighting Aqua and why is he only defeated when Aqua breaks the blade.

Those happen concurrently.

7) The hell is up with the light coming from Aqua's wayfinder? Is it the power of friendship or some other cliche?

Something like that.

8)When Terra+Xehanort are in terra's heart , Xehanort remembers everything whilst Xehanort has amnesia in the real world - how does this work?

They are struggling for control and neither can assert dominance over the body. Yet.

9)Do they explain how all of Org 13 become nobodies or is just Xehanorts "experiments" that causes them to become nobodies?

Not yet.

10)Why does Mickey's keyblade change between the Gold Kingdom Key and the one he has in BBS?.

He went to the Dark Realm in KH1 and got it.

11) are there two kingdom hearts? One made by the organisation in the twtnw and the one in the key blade graveyard?

There are more than one. People's hearts and worlds hearts.

No.

13)Does ventus pass on the light/keyblade to sora like aqua and terra do to Kairi & Riku?

No.

14)Why does Riku's sword crash into ventus' heart with the kingdom key in BBS opening scene?

The soul eater? That weapon is older than Riku. Same as the armor and Black Coats.

Malyse

Enough to rival an army of heartless and build a space station doesn't seem rare.

Nobodieswith faces are rare, definitely, but they seem to show up in the same consistency as heartless post-KH2.
Absolutely not. There is a fraction as many nobodies as there are heartless. They basically have TWTNW as their base, while the Heartless have the entirety of the dark realm. It's not even remotely close.

1) Why doesn't Mickey recognise Xehanort or just the name when he goes to visit Ansem.

Riku Rikku. It's not impossible to have the same name and Mickey never meets MX.

Sora and he just does.

Symbolism.

Will.

5)Do Riku or Mickey meet aqua when they enter the realm of darkness at the end of KH1 - this is how they get separated?

Dunno yet. Probably not.

Those happen concurrently.

Something like that.

They are struggling for control and neither can assert dominance over the body. Yet.

Not yet.

He went to the Dark Realm in KH1 and got it.

There are more than one. People's hearts and worlds hearts.

No.

No.

The soul eater? That weapon is older than Riku. Same as the armor and Black Coats.

8)So Xehanort is more powerful at the time so he acts like him with no memories?

12)Why's the chi blade made up of two kingdom keys ( I get that there's two of them due to ven+vanitas).

14) We don't see it in BBS though - so why's it there ?

Also thanks for wasting your time on my questions =D.

Malyse

8)So Xehanort is more powerful at the time so he acts like him with no memories?

12)Why's the chi blade made up of two kingdom keys ( I get that there's two of them due to ven+vanitas).

14) We don't see it in BBS though - so why's it there ?

Also thanks for wasting your time on my questions =D.
8. Let's try this again. Apprentice Xehanort legitimately has no memories because Master Xehanort and Terra are fighting for control of that body. Eventually, Terra loses to Master Xehanort, who uses the body to take the name of Ansem and to conduct the Heartless experiments.

12. It's a design thing. KH1's ultima weapon is the dream sword with embellishment.

14. It's just a concept video. The Kingdom Key is there too and it's also not in the game.

Neku89

Sooo, I've managed to put my hands on the Collector's Edition of KH2.5 (after more than one month of getting mad at Gamestop), so what better time to join this thread? :D

Still workin' on getting the Re:CoM Platinum though, so I'm not starting the actual 2.5 collection anytime soon. Whoever decided that difficulty trophies should not stack needs to die in a fire.

(PS: I've bought a pair of Sony Golds this christmas, and holy shit dat Shimomura soundtrack goodness!)

8. Let's try this again. Apprentice Xehanort legitimately has no memories because Master Xehanort and Terra are fighting for control of that body. Eventually, Terra loses to Master Xehanort, who uses the body to take the name of Ansem and to conduct the Heartless experiments.

12. It's a design thing. KH1's ultima weapon is the dream sword with embellishment.

14. It's just a concept video. The Kingdom Key is there too and it's also not in the game.

8)just watched the re:coded ending makes more sense now. I was confused as I was thinking along the lines of if neither of them is in control, who's personality is terranort.
Thanks for the info again.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Even though Terra and Xehanort are fighting for dominance, I was under the impression that Terranort/Apprentice Xehanort is effectively Master Xehanort without his memories, and that he may be slowly regaining them over the course of his apprenticeship. Even if he never did manage to recover his memories, his actions and personality are definitely in line with what Master Xehanort would do in that situation.

zeemumu

Didn't he recover his memories during the overthrowing of Ansem the Wise? Because that was when he killed Braig right after remembering how to summon his keyblade.

What I'm getting though is that Terranort operates on the same principles as the Lich King, with Arthas' mind being Xehanort and Terra's being Ner'Zhul

Malyse

Even though Terra and Xehanort are fighting for dominance, I was under the impression that Terranort/Apprentice Xehanort is effectively Master Xehanort without his memories, and that he may be slowly regaining them over the course of his apprenticeship. Even if he never did manage to recover his memories, his actions and personality are definitely in line with what Master Xehanort would do in that situation.
Not quite. First off, there's a difference between Terranort and Apprentice Xehanort. Terranort is the thing you fight as Lingering Will and Master Aqua and that is 100% Xehanort in Terra's body. As Aqua beats dat ass, she also assists Terra in staving off Master Xehanort's influence (the light attack in the mindscape). Because of this, Master Xehanort has to focus almost all of his entirety to suppressing Terra, lest he lose the body he went through so much trouble to attain, thus Apprentice Xehanort. AX acts more like MX as Terra slips further and further away.

zeemumu

There is one thing that bugged me: why did Xemnas ever get the idea to reveal the organization's presence to Sora? If he had hung back and let Sora keep doing what he's been doing, his Kingdom Hearts would've been finished long before Sora caught wind of it. And the thing with Xion was just him being greedy. She was a backup for a backup that wouldn't have needed a backup if she didn't exist.

Malyse

There is one thing that bugged me: why did Xemnas ever get the idea to reveal the organization's presence to Sora? If he had hung back and let Sora keep doing what he's been doing, his Kingdom Hearts would've been finished long before Sora caught wind of it. And the thing with Xion was just him being greedy. She was a backup for a backup that wouldn't have needed a backup if she didn't exist.
It would have come out regardless. Yen Sid, Roxas, Mickey, Riku, Naminé all knew about it. And I think he wanted Roxas back. Also, he did complete Kingdom Hearts. DiZ just wreaked it. As for Xion, MX is a tactician. Plans on plans on plans.

Not quite. First off, there's a difference between Terranort and Apprentice Xehanort. Terranort is the thing you fight as Lingering Will and Master Aqua and that is 100% Xehanort in Terra's body. As Aqua beats dat ass, she also assists Terra in staving off Master Xehanort's influence (the light attack in the mindscape). Because of this, Master Xehanort has to focus almost all of his entirety to suppressing Terra, lest he lose the body he went through so much trouble to attain, thus Apprentice Xehanort. AX acts more like MX as Terra slips further and further away.

I think it's important that Xemnas is still showing some amount of Terra's influence by the time KH2 rolls around (to the degree that Xigbar and Saix are somewhat troubled by it). I don't think it's safe to say Terra is 100% suppressed just yet; after all, remember that even after Ansem SoD had fully seized Riku's body to the point of changing its appearance, Riku was able to hold him back and give Sora a chance to escape.

Malyse

I think it's important that Xemnas is still showing some amount of Terra's influence by the time KH2 rolls around (to the degree that Xigbar and Saix are somewhat troubled by it). I don't think it's safe to say Terra is 100% suppressed just yet; after all, remember that even after Ansem SoD had fully seized Riku's body to the point of changing its appearance, Riku was able to hold him back and give Sora a chance to escape.

Agreed. KH2FM shows some straight up bizarre behavior from Xemnas and he is very actively looking for Ventus.

Also, bringing this back:

The Xehanort Anagram said:
No Earth- Xehanort’s Heartless due to having much more influence from the Original and none from Terra, maybe even no Terra at all given certain implications through the series

No Heart- Xemnas for obvious reasons.

On Earth- Terra-Xehanort, the first known case of Xehanort’s heart encroaching upon another’s

On Heart- Apprentice Xehanort due to obsession with darkness of heart as well as having the hearts of Terra and Xehanort locked away within this identity near metaphorically stands on heart

Another- Young Xehanort because he truly is another Xehanort

A Throne- Master Xehanort himself as it is his plans that push the plot forward and our heroes into action; Master Xehanort is the biggest bad in this saga.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well, I would figure Xemnas, being the remnant of the body, would have a significant influence from Terra, moreso than either Apprentice Xehanort or Ansem SoD. Xemnas is essentially Terra's nobody, only created from Xehanort's heart. This is what makes him one of the most interesting characters in the series. The fact that he has a different voice actor from Terranort and Ansem SoD is also pretty telling of his uniqueness.

zeemumu

Well, I would figure Xemnas, being the remnant of the body, would have a significant influence from Terra, moreso than either Apprentice Xehanort or Ansem SoD. Xemnas is essentially Terra's nobody, only created from Xehanort's heart. This is what makes him one of the most interesting characters in the series. The fact that he has a different voice actor from Terranort and Ansem SoD is also pretty telling of his uniqueness.

Might also explain why Xemnas is more lenient than the other two and why he can still use keyblade armor.

I think if KH3 contains a 'face turn' moment it's gonna be from Saïx, but we'll see *something* unexpected from Xemnas or Terranort. Fully expect Terra to be restored at the end of the story one way or another.

I think if KH3 contains a 'face turn' moment it's gonna be from Saïx, but we'll see *something* unexpected from Xemnas or Terranort. Fully expect Terra to be restored at the end of the story one way or another.
I think Saix is gonna die and it's gonna be a pretty sad moment if Lea does it. I'm expecting Xigbar to betray Xehanort.

I think Saix is gonna die and it's gonna be a pretty sad moment if Lea does it. I'm expecting Xigbar to betray Xehanort.

Here's hoping that, despite the fact that they're all functionally the same person, Org XIII Mk. 2. has a good amount of internal conflict and intrigue like in Chain of Memories and isn't just largely a series of mooks like in KH2.

Malyse

Here's hoping that, despite the fact that they're all functionally the same person, Org XIII Mk. 2. has a good amount of internal conflict and intrigue like in Chain of Memories and isn't just largely a series of mooks like in KH2.
Nah. X ain't messing that up again. All Zombie all the time.

Wait, what behavior did Xemnas show in KH2 that is similar to Terra? I haven't finished BBS yet, but not too many of his actions seemed far fetched to me.

Sora will be so busy dealing with being a darkness you won't even notice.

his own darkness?

edit: Also, if I get this straight, Terranort is Xehanort merged with Terra, while Xehanort is fully in control, and Apprentice Xehanort is Xehanort fighting for control of Terra's body, which is why his memories are gone??

Malyse

Wait, what behavior did Xemnas show in KH2 that is similar to Terra? I haven't finished BBS yet, but not too many of his actions seemed far fetched to me.

his own darkness?

edit: Also, if I get this straight, Terranort is Xehanort merged with Terra, while Xehanort is fully in control, and Apprentice Xehanort is Xehanort fighting for control of Terra's body, which is why his memories are gone??

He called Aqua's armor his friend.
He's looking for Ven in big spoiler.

Sora isn't a light.

Re edit: something like that.

He called Aqua's armor his friend.
He's looking for Ven in big spoiler.

Sora isn't a light.

Re edit: something like that.

I guess that makes sense, yeah. I figured he called Aqua's armor his friend jokingly, and was looking for Ventus for MX reasons like stealing part of his heart again or something.

I guess that makes sense, yeah. I figured he called Aqua's armor his friend jokingly, and was looking for Ventus for MX reasons like stealing part of his heart again or something.

Only time post-BBS we've seen any Xehanort summon a keyblade is in the DDD flashback showing the original moment when Apprentice Xehanort summoned MX's keyblade, IIRC. Xemnas also seems to be struggling with some amount of memory recollection when Sora and Riku finish him off (the way he says "key... blade..." indicates some amount of mental struggle, IMO).

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Xemnas was, to some degree, wound up and set on a path by Xehanort rather than fully consciously working toward the 7 lights/13 darknesses thing. Remember that YX is fully aware of the *real* plan in DDD but even says that he'll forget all of it when he returns to the past; likewise, Xemnas and Ansem SoD aren't necessarily aware of the full plan during the times of KH1 and KH2 (though at least the bodiless Ansem SoD deliberately sets it all in motion as a backup plan and Xemnas is surely conscious of the part of things that involves copying Xehanort onto all 13 Org members once he completes his artificial KH).

zeemumu

Only time post-BBS we've seen any Xehanort summon a keyblade is in the DDD flashback showing the original moment when Apprentice Xehanort summoned MX's keyblade, IIRC. Xemnas also seems to be struggling with some amount of memory recollection when Sora and Riku finish him off (the way he says "key... blade..." indicates some amount of mental struggle, IMO).

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Xemnas was, to some degree, wound up and set on a path by Xehanort rather than fully consciously working toward the 7 lights/13 darknesses thing. Remember that YX is fully aware of the *real* plan in DDD but even says that he'll forget all of it when he returns to the past; likewise, Xemnas and Ansem SoD aren't necessarily aware of the full plan during the times of KH1 and KH2 (though at least the bodiless Ansem SoD deliberately sets it all in motion as a backup plan and Xemnas is surely conscious of the part of things that involves copying Xehanort onto all 13 Org members once he completes his artificial KH).

It was alluded that Xemnas and Ansem both knew the plan because Xehanort willingly gave in to darkness.

Malyse

tumblr_nif8ycMcEv1qgnvhgo1_r1_1280.png

Given the general need to give each Keyblade wielder something of their own unique combat style, it's actually kind of a bummer that Lea didn't get something closer to Bond of Flame, though visually I prefer his new Keyblade. I like the idea of a Keyblade fighting style that could involve grabbing the end of the blade and whacking enemies with the handle (basically, joined chakrams).

Top Bottom