• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

maybe he can transform his keyblade into chakrams

Well, given how we are moving in that direction with the whole transformation things being established in BBS (or KH2:FM rather) it's not too farfetched.

But I think there is a perfect solution for Lea's fighting style - Keyblade in one hand, chakram in the other. Makes him both a close range and long range fighter without completely losing what made him special.

zeemumu

Well, given how we are moving in that direction with the whole transformation things being established in BBS (or KH2:FM rather) it's not too farfetched.

But I think there is a perfect solution for Lea's fighting style - Keyblade in one hand, chakram in the other. Makes him both a close range and long range fighter without completely losing what made him special.

Or he can have a really overpowered strike raid attack.

Malyse

I think since Ven and Roxas have no memory overlap, and since Ventus has no love interest, they will end up merged. Since KH is all about trinities, I'm thinking Sora Riku Kairi, Terra Aqua Ventus, Lea Xion Isa at endgame.

I think since Ven and Roxas have no memory overlap, and since Ventus has no love interest, they will end up merged. Since KH is all about trinities, I'm thinking Sora Riku Kairi, Terra Aqua Ventus, Lea Xion Isa at endgame.

That would cause all kinds of problems because

a) Roxas and Ven are actually pretty different personality wise, that'd be like trying to merge Aqua with Kairi.

b) Lea and Xion would be pissed if Roxas 'vanished' because Ven's personality is the dominant one, and Aqua and Terra would be pissed in the opposite case.

I think it'd be better if one of them ends up with a major visual redesign, a different haircut, different clothing style, etc. Merging them it's just too much, and Sora actually wants Roxas to be his own self.

a) Roxas and Ven are actually pretty different personality wise, that'd be like trying to merge Aqua with Kairi.

b) Lea and Xion would be pissed if Roxas 'vanished' because Ven's personality is the dominant one, and Aqua and Terra would be pissed in the opposite case.

roxas is just sad ventus, he's allowed to have moods, and ventus is literally heartbroken at the end of bbs

when roxas rejoins ventus, lea and xion will be happy that he's back in one piece and also glad that he's not mopey anymore

iosefe

roxas is just sad ventus, he's allowed to have moods, and ventus is literally heartbroken at the end of bbs

when roxas rejoins ventus, lea and xion will be happy that he's back in one piece and also glad that he's not mopey anymore

they really need to have a proper rejoin for those two.

all things considered, Roxas is ven's Heart. Imagine what it would do to Ven when he wakes up? he remembers both Lea and Axel. he remembers the carefree guy who wanted to make sure he was remembered, and then the older darker guy who got is hands dirty. i think it would shock him.

Aru

Lea and Ven became friends in BBS. That surely has something to do with Axel befriending Roxas. I wonder why he never brought up the fact that Roxas looks "just like" an old friend of his.

Malyse

Ven will explain that he's still Roxas, just that he's remembered his true name.

I was watching DDD's ending again and how great is that conversation between Riku and Ansem. Love that part of the game, ansem says such nice things.

zeemumu

Ven will explain that he's still Roxas, just that he's remembered his true name.

I don't think that'll happen. Outside of appearance, he has nothing in common with Ventus, not even fighting style.

Plus, that would imply that Venn's been in two places at the same time since he's still where Aqua left him.

And he can't be Venn's nobody because that would imply that he's been around since BBS.

Also, lack of a love interest doesn't seem like a good factor for determining character. This series is more focused on friendship than love.

Malyse

I don't think that'll happen. Outside of appearance, he has nothing in common with Ventus, not even fighting style.

Plus, that would imply that Venn's been in two places at the same time since he's still where Aqua left him.

And he can't be Venn's nobody because that would imply that he's been around since BBS.

Also, lack of a love interest doesn't seem like a good factor for determining character. This series is more focused on friendship than love.
Incorrect. Ven in Castle Oblivion is an empty shell a la KH1 Kairi. Ven's heart was inside Sora then inside Roxas (which is what informed Roxas's appearance). He's not in two places at all.

zeemumu

Incorrect. Ven in Castle Oblivion is an empty shell a la KH1 Kairi. Ven's heart was inside Sora then inside Roxas (which is what informed Roxas's appearance). He's not in two places at all.

I don't see Venn as Roxas. He's a Nobody based off of two hearts-worth of data, so he's a Sora/Ventus hybrid. Wouldn't he have kept Venn's combat style if he was full Venn?

Malyse

I don't see Venn as Roxas. He's a Nobody based off of two hearts-worth of data, so he's a Sora/Ventus hybrid. Wouldn't he have kept Venn's combat style if he was full Venn?
I know he's a hybrid. What I'm saying is that Ventus, have been asleep for 10+ years, can easily absorb Roxas's memories as his own. And Roxas is just Ventus -innocence +puberty.

zeemumu

I know he's a hybrid. What I'm saying is that Ventus, have been asleep for 10+ years, can easily absorb Roxas's memories as his own. And Roxas is just Ventus -innocence +puberty.

It should be noted that memory absorption/restoration isn't that simple of a process. And Roxas is Ventus -meaning of existence. All of his other traits stem from that and it's his primary source of anger.

Malyse

It should be noted that memory absorption/restoration isn't that simple of a process. And Roxas is Ventus -meaning of existence. All of his other traits stem from that and it's his primary source of anger.

Let's be real. It can be as simple as they want it to be. This is Kingdom Hearts.

Aru

I wonder why they didn't use the Heartless versions of the Organisation XIII members in any game. Surele they would have made great opponents. They were defeated somehow, since every member went back to their human form.

iosefe

I wonder why they didn't use the Heartless versions of the Organisation XIII members in any game. Surele they would have made great opponents. They were defeated somehow, since every member went back to their human form.

i'm willing to bet the Behemoth you fought inside the DtD in KH1 was one of the members. basically any of the heartless bosses could potentially be one. even in KH2

zeemumu

Wouldn't the Org's Heartless arise as Pureblood instead of the artificially-made Emblem Heartless?

Purebloods are made from pure darkness and the artificial ones are made by consuming hearts with darkness, so it would make more sense for them to all be emblem heartless.

I'm curious if Xion's final form will bear any significance in terms of Sora's keyblade armor.

I'd like to think that Grim Reaper was Marluxia, Trickmaster was Axel, Storm Rider was Larxene, and Phantom was Zexion.

Malyse

Hunter of the Deep is Braig.

Psxphile

Purebloods are made from pure darkness and the artificial ones are made by consuming hearts with darkness, so it would make more sense for them to all be emblem heartless.
...?

The Org lost their hearts in the same manner that Sora did, by having their hearts extracted by a unique Keyblade. Sora's Heartless manifested as a Shadow. Why would the Orgs' become Emblems?

Hunter of the Deep is Braig.

[citation needed]

Banzai

...?

The Org lost their hearts in the same manner that Sora did, by having their hearts extracted by a unique Keyblade. Sora's Heartless manifested as a Shadow. Why would the Orgs' become Emblems?

Emblems are made by putting released hearts into some weird heartless-making machine the apprentices came up with.
The apprentices ripped out their hearts with the contraption seen at the end of KH1 in the end of the world. Sora became a shadow because after he released his own heart it returned to Kingdom Hearts which resides in the realm of darkness, where it became engulfed by darkness thus creating a pureblood heartless.

At least that's my understanding of what happens.

Malyse

“It seemed a bit odd having the final boss of the Secret Episode be a random powerful Heartless. Having the Hunter be Braig’s Heartless makes sense from a storyline perspective given his role as a recurring antagonist in Birth by Sleep, as well as his role in the game’s secret ending(s). The fighting styles of Braig and the Hunter also have several similarities - notably, it can use various forms of teleportation and dark projectiles, and most strikingly, has an attack in which the player’s point of view is shifted to its eyes as it aims - Braig/Xigbar is the only other boss in the entire series which this occurs in. It also makes more sense for Braig to have such a powerful Heartless, as he was imbued with dark powers by Xehanort long before he became a Nobody; this is significant as Xehanort is one of the two people who have ever left a human Heartless. Although Xehanort’s influence and his own darkness weren’t enough to give him a human Heartless, it birthed the immensely powerful Hunter of the Dark. Depending on where exactly the Red Eyes battle falls on the the timeline, this could mean that Aqua destroyed it before Xigbar’s death, leading to the possibility of Braig returning in a future KH game.”

- Red Eyes\Hunter of the Dark is Braig’s Heartless.

So is the Heartless boss in Beast Castle Axel's heartless?
Maybe the Heartless boss in Land of Dragon's is Xaldin's? Is he back? Who would the one in Port Royal belong to? Luxord?

Psxphile

“It seemed a bit odd having the final boss of the Secret Episode be a random powerful Heartless. Having the Hunter be Braig’s Heartless makes sense from a storyline perspective given his role as a recurring antagonist in Birth by Sleep, as well as his role in the game’s secret ending(s). The fighting styles of Braig and the Hunter also have several similarities - notably, it can use various forms of teleportation and dark projectiles, and most strikingly, has an attack in which the player’s point of view is shifted to its eyes as it aims - Braig/Xigbar is the only other boss in the entire series which this occurs in. It also makes more sense for Braig to have such a powerful Heartless, as he was imbued with dark powers by Xehanort long before he became a Nobody; this is significant as Xehanort is one of the two people who have ever left a human Heartless. Although Xehanort’s influence and his own darkness weren’t enough to give him a human Heartless, it birthed the immensely powerful Hunter of the Dark. Depending on where exactly the Red Eyes battle falls on the the timeline, this could mean that Aqua destroyed it before Xigbar’s death, leading to the possibility of Braig returning in a future KH game.”

- Red Eyes\Hunter of the Dark is Braig’s Heartless.

So, I ask for a citation and I get fanfiction. Don't pass this shit off as factual lore until it's proven to be true. It's fine to theorize all things Kingdom Hearts but let's not get ahead of ourselves by confusing what's legit and what's speculative.

Yeah, DreamyDrop, I think it's important to use wording that makes it clearer what's fact and what's speculation/educated guesswork.

The fact that - as far as I can tell - nobody on the Internet managed to figure out the hidden-in-plain-sight Braig conversion in Birth By Sleep goes a long way toward persuading me that theorycrafting is pretty foolish.

Top Bottom