• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

iosefe

Nope, I'm not bragging. Today I beat the Colyseum (first visit), and I died one time in the part where
you need to escape from Hades, just before the exit from the area.

I repeat that, on the easiest difficulty, I had a hard time on some bosses in BBS, while I'm proceeding with no trouble here. It can be that, reached a point, I will regret those words, but for now I'm going well (I'm level 18).

sooooon

Seda

Nope, I'm not bragging. Today I beat the Colyseum (first visit), and I died one time in the part where

Actually, after that point with the Hades escape, I had no trouble with the rest of the game on Critical. Not until the post-game bosses anyway.

Lightning

Banned
In KH2 on critical the enemies hit insanely hard but you have so many options that they still end up being easy or at least manageable for the most part. Larxene for example hits hard but spam reflect and you will win, against Roxas and Axel spam limit form and you will win. Reflect does a ton of damage to almost everything, Limit and Final forms are insanely overpowered. The first time playing post game KH2 on critical will likely be hard but it won't be consistently hard unless you make rules on yourself with no reflect spamming, no limit/final form at all, no summoning stitch who is ridiculously overpowered and cheap who lasts for a LONG time as long as you keep attacking enemies.

Critical is hard but too many ways to break the difficulty and doesn't have the lasting appeal due to that.

*crickets*

=(

Just realised the last post was almost a week ago...

Just waiting on that Kh 2.99 HD REMIX for PS4

I repeat that, on the easiest difficulty, I had a hard time on some bosses in BBS, while I'm proceeding with no trouble here. It can be that, reached a point, I will regret those worlds, but for now I'm going well (I'm level 18).

And the funny thing is, all started because I saw my brother playing this on Critical, and he had a hard time against the very first "boss" (the Giant Nobody with Roxas). I told him "Let me try" and I defeated him on the first try (well, it's very easy, you just need to push Triangle very fast, then attack his head mid-air). My brother then completed the game on Critical without too much trouble, so I told myself "Well, let's see.". My plan was to beat it on easiest difficulty too, since I already played the game on PS2 and I wanted only checkout new bosses like Lingering Terra. This is my very first KH on Critical, I beated KH1 and Chain of Memories on easiest difficulties too.

I had the same issue as your brother and then on axel... I decided to do two runs since I didn't find re fighting boss' fun. Different strokes I guess.

zeemumu

This stall in this Collectible show near my house sells keyblades. They have the Kingdom key(wood and metal versions), oblivion(wood and metal) Fenrir(I think it's metal, I didn't get to hold it to find out), and pumpkin king(wood). I'm resisting the urge to buy that metal Oblivion

Dugna

I'd take Fenrir if it was made of full metal, would be pretty heavy.

Also I kinda hope we see more of KH3 soon....playing through the HD remixes makes me want it more now after it rekindled my interest.

zeemumu

I'd take Fenrir if it was made of full metal, would be pretty heavy.

Also I kinda hope we see more of KH3 soon....playing through the HD remixes makes me want it more now after it rekindled my interest.

We have 2 gameplay teasers and that conversation between Xehanort and Eraqus right?

I should be ashamed of ever joking about Nimoy dying before kH3 :(. RIP, he really grew on me as MX after first being weirded out by the first trailer. I did restrain myself from the chest pain thread cause I had a real bad feeling about it.

I completely forgot about this? I wonder what they'll do?

#teamchristopherlloyd

It's been like 1.5 years since the last kh3 trailer. They indeed revealed it too soon :lol. But I guess fans would have been furious if all we had was remasters.

I really hope they won't show the game again until they have a real blowout trailer wether it's TGS, JF or E3 2016. The concept trailers are kinda discouraging and honestly do more harm than good for my hype. KH3 deserves way better when it comes to trailers. The launch event bonus footage they did is the way to go for whatever concepts they have to show. No need really to bring the game to big events until it's around a year from release.

Now where dat DDDHD/PS4 collection tho?

Falk

that puzzling face
tbh I woukdn't mind a mobile f2p kh game that's like One Piece Treasure Cruise or Terra Battle.

If the past is any indication, it'd end up being important to the canon, therefore forcing people to play it for the complete story, even if you don't care for mobile games.

Pls no.

Tsunamo

http://kh13.com/news/concept-art-fo...reck-it-ralph-frozen-tangled-star-wars-worlds

Had it have finished development we most likely would've got our first Star Wars world in the series too and Frozen/Tangled/Wreck it Ralph KH debuts. Now i'm even more curious about it.
tbh I woukdn't mind a mobile f2p kh game that's like One Piece Treasure Cruise or Terra Battle.
Ditto. I usually don't game on my mobile now, but stuff like that grabs me.
If the past is any indication, it'd end up being important to the canon, therefore forcing people to play it for the complete story, even if you don't care for mobile games.

Pls no.
But yeah basically this. The concept art having Kingdom Hearts III's logo implies that it would've tied into it too.
I'd rather they focus those resources on TWEWY2 iOS exclusive.
One day we'll get our TWEWY 2, one day.
We wont, will we?

iosefe

yoo... Tron uprising concepts

so...lets say the tron stuff in DDD never actually happened, and the uprising stuff is the actual counterpart to the KH 2 tron stuff. thats the only way using Uprising stuff would work

Dugna

The tornadoes in BBS are giving me a headache...the constant swirling around and trying to tell where enemies are is a pain it's not even about skill when I'm like an inch away from them on screen yet no attacks hit them.

Tsunamo

So someone I know is starting the series with Birth By Sleep before Kingdom Hearts 1. As someone who started with KH1 this order just feels so wrong to me if you haven't played the series before. First in the series
excluding chi
sure, but it not being referenced properly/forshadowed until 358/2 days/KH2 makes playing Birth By Sleep makes playing it after then feels more right to me, plus the secret ending leading into DDD and KH3.

I totally understand if Birth By Sleep's your only option and you can't get Kingdom Hearts 1 before it, but this guy has both.

Anyway on the topic of that what's everyones recommended order for playing the series?
Mine would be KH1 > Re:CoM = 358/2 Days (358 would probably be better last though due to leading in properly to 2) KH2 > BBS > Re:coded > DDD
yoo... Tron uprising concepts

so...lets say the tron stuff in DDD never actually happened, and the uprising stuff is the actual counterpart to the KH 2 tron stuff. thats the only way using Uprising stuff would work
There is one other way. Pull a DDD and give a plot excuse for the world to be set in another time period, but yeah being a continuation of KH2 tron seems more likely. I mean DDD's tron was originally going to be Riku going to the Radiant Garden Tron (or the other one just at a earlier time) while Sora goes through Legacy.

Either way i'd have loved to have seen Uprising appear being a big fan of the show.
The tornadoes in BBS are giving me a headache...the constant swirling around and trying to tell where enemies are is a pain it's not even about skill when I'm like an inch away from them on screen yet no attacks hit them.
Yeah that's the most annoying enemy placement in the game for me. The zoomed in camera makes it even worse when you can't even see some of them.

tumblr_nl9qmuwty11ruw1voo4_500.jpg

quirkyfire.tumblr.com said:
Aimee Wood Works 1st Tumblr Giveaway!!!

In celebration of me finally quitting my job to create cosplay props full time(WHOA YES DREAM ACCOMPLISHED) and sailing past 50 completed orders on Etsy a bit ago, I am giving away one of my precious keyblades! Winner will receive the following:

-1 Keyblade (They can choose either the Kingdom Key Keyblade or the King Mickey Keyblade)

-1 Keychain (This will match their choice above)

-Free Shipping within the continental US

SPECIFICS:

The giveaway starts Sunday, March 15, 2015 and ends Sunday April 12, 2015 at 11:59PM (MST).

To participate in the giveaway, you must reblog this post with a personal tumblr account (Spam or Giveaway blogs will not be eligible to win). You can reblog as much as you like, but anything past the first 3 reblogs will not be entered (Also don’t spam your followers, what).
In order to win, you must be following me (quirkyfire.tumblr.com) and have your Ask Box open.
If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
Unfortunately, this giveaway is limited to the US (as per Tumblr’s giveaway rules) :(
There will be ONE WINNER randomly selected via a random number generator and they will be contacted on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 before being announced!
You must be 18 or older. (as per Tumblr’s rules on giveaways)
Do not delete or hide (behind read more’s) any part of this giveaway post.
Your beautiful, hand-crafted, wooden keyblade will be created and shipped within 4 weeks after you win, and have given me your address. :D

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AimeeWoodWorks

*IF you purchase a keyblade from my Etsy shop during this giveaway and go on to WIN, I will refund your purchase order, and I will include an extra prize due to your incredible luck. :D

Thank you for participating! Share with your friends, and may the winds of fate most favor you!

Tags: Kingdom Hearts Cosplay Final Fantasy Giveaway Keyblade THANK YOU EVERYONE I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN HERE WITHOUT YOU! D'''':
http://quirkyfire.tumblr.com/post/113715965189/aimee-wood-works-1st-tumblr-giveaway-in

Skulldead

I'm done, every KH completed... And in DDD they clearly don't give a f*** about creating a Logical Story, it was already complicated, but now nothing seem to work anymore... I really don't know how they are going make KH3 story enjoyable... But level design was clearly the best of every KH game before, and agressive ennemies was a welcome change compare to dumb ennemies in BBS. I'm ready for KH 3 !

zeemumu

I'm done, every KH completed... And in DDD they clearly don't give a f*** about creating a Logical Story, it was already complicated, but now nothing seem to work anymore... I really don't know how they are going make KH3 story enjoyable... But level design was clearly the best of every KH game before, and agressive ennemies was a welcome change compare to dumb ennemies in BBS. I'm ready for KH 3 !

It's about a kid beating up an old guy looking for his keys. That's all there is to it.

Victrix

*beard*
So I've barely touched this series over the years for various reasons, if I grabbed HD Mix 1+2 and DDD for the 3DS, would I be able to 'catch up' on the series and story?

So I've barely touched this series over the years for various reasons, if I grabbed HD Mix 1+2 and DDD for the 3DS, would I be able to 'catch up' on the series and story?

Yes. Other than Chi which isn't in English and doesn't have alot of story anyways, that's all the games you can play + you get the full story.

iosefe

Covers pretty much everything. Just my suggestion, but follow the order of the collection. So 1>re:CoM>Days scenes>2>BBS>re:Coded cinematic>DDD

You're in for a hell of a ride

Victrix

*beard*
Anything I should know before diving in? I'm going in unspoiled, so it will all be new to me.

I'm talking about stuff like difficulty levels, big mistakes to avoid etc.

Also I'm interested in going after secret bosses/endings and stuff, but only if they're somewhat reasonable to tackle, I'm not looking to 100% them.

Anything I should know before diving in? I'm going in unspoiled, so it will all be new to me.

Also I'm interested in going after secret bosses/endings and stuff, but only if they're somewhat reasonable to tackle, I'm not looking to 100% them.
Get used to defending, dodge rolling, gliding, etc. KH 2 FM is full of powerful secret bosses if you're into that.

Caladrius

In terms of difficulty
KH1: Normal (other people would say Proud, but I honestly don't find the game fun on that difficulty.) Secret ending basically requires 100% completion though, so it's up to you.

KH2: Critical, game is piss-easy on lower difficulties. 100% is just beating all the extra bosses and clearing the mushroom minigames (which is much easier said than done, but it's better than having to finish the journal).

KHBBS: Proud. Critical is horribly unbalanced and the extra bosses will put you through the wringer on either difficulty. IIRC it's only marginally harder to get the secret endings on Proud than it is Critical (haven't played proud in that game in years)

Re:CoM: Normal. There's no secret endings to unlock and if the card battle system doesn't grip you, it's gonna be tedious as hell.

J-Spot

Just my suggestion, but follow the order of the collection. So 1>re:CoM>Days scenes>2>BBS>re:Coded cinematic>DDD
Don't watch the Days cut scenes before playing KH2. Yes, chronologically it comes first, but you would be spoiling plot points that are meant to be mysteries in 2. The point of Days is to fill in the blanks.

iosefe

Don't watch the Days cut scenes before playing KH2. Yes, chronologically it comes first, but you would be spoiling plot points that are meant to be mysteries in 2. The point of Days is to fill in the blanks.

but watching days makes the opening of KH2 much more meaningful ):

Victrix

*beard*
KH1 is pretty good so far, but sweet mother of god am I glad I'm done with Atlantica, that music was so, so wretched, which is a marked contrast to all the other tunes which range from indifferent to really good.

Onward to... well whatever is next, it's not mapped out :D

edit: Just finished Hollow Bastion, this game is really good, I can see how people have incredibly fond memories of it. I wish I'd progressed a bit faster, the game is soooooooooooooooo much more pleasant once you've unlocked traversal abilities and have a bigger combat toolset.

Also Gravity is amazing and Stop is actually usable, I'm in shock here :D

edit again: And finished. Didn't go for 100%, and I couldn't kill Sephiroth or Unknown, but I did everything else that I could tackle. Game got progressively better the farther I made it. Also the pacing was near perfect, I really liked the enemy difficulty increase after HB, and all the endgame stuff was fun. On to the next game!

Top Bottom