• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Nose Master

WHY IS THE ENDING TO KH2 SO FUCKING BAD HOLY SHIT THIS FUCKING SPAM TRIANGLE SHIT IS AWFUL IT INVALIDATES ALL SKILL JESUS I HATE EVERYTHING

Nose Master

It's not that bad. Put your controller on your leg, and alternate between X and Triangle with both your index fingers.

PROUD MODE SAYS NO.

Like, once you get to the ending with the lazers and just mashing triangle. There's not much to do besides mash. And I die, every time.

zeemumu

These pro strats are what got me through it. That is absurd. What a stupid, stupid fight. It is bad to the point of me almost disliking the entire game because of how QTE failstate bullshitty it was. Ugh.
I actually like the laser section. You don't even have to mash that hard, just remember that both characters have a mash buttin.

I guess we can say Xemnas really tried to destroy them, and used all means to try, one being the thousand lasers...

You can't say that about most JRPG bosses i think. Godlike powers but barely try.

zeemumu

I guess we can say Xemnas really tried to destroy them, and used all means to try, one being the thousand lasers...

You can't say that about most JRPG bosses i think. Godlike powers but barely try.

He threw skyscrapers, thousands of lasers, and a dragon at them. A for effort.

Nose Master

I feel like I'm only playing the main game in BbS to get more command boards. That game is so awesome. I'd buy a stand alone version.

iosefe

I feel like I'm only playing the main game in BbS to get more command boards. That game is so awesome. I'd buy a stand alone version.

what we need is a KH minigame Compilation.

KH2 Gummi, Command Board, and an amalgamation of 100 Acre Woods.

Budget Price of course. 30ish. basically KH Mario Party

Falk

that puzzling face
That's what I thought at first for Command Boards.

And then while grinding the Platinum made me go from :D to :) to :| to :mad:

Also 100 Acre Wood, Pooh and every single one of his shitty idiot friends should burn in a fire.

Falk

that puzzling face
Command Board iOS version yeh yeh yeh.

I mean, who would have thought Triple Triad would eventually make its way there. We just have to wait another decade or so I guess.

iosefe

pulling strings taut results in greater tension which raises the resultant pitch

so what i get from this is...

the situation in the Square Enix Offices is already pretty tense with their future plans on the PS4 et al, and with the kingdom hearts series. any more tension added in will result in the shrieks of tired employees.

gotcha

Nose Master

Tigger aint got nothin. 1/1 100 Acre Wood. Dropping a confuse on dudes right before major intersections can realllly screw them over.

That's what I thought at first for Command Boards.

And then while grinding the Platinum made me go from :D to :) to :| to :mad:

Also 100 Acre Wood, Pooh and every single one of his shitty idiot friends should burn in a fire.

They are coming back in kh3, right? :( 100 acre woods is torture.

Psxphile

They say no news is good news. I say they can eat a dick.

They are coming back in kh3, right? :( 100 acre woods is torture.
Nope, going to be replaced by Frozen: The Pop-up Storybook Based On The Hit Movie™. Help Olaf find Anna, Elsa and all his friends through wintery Arendelle!

Nose Master

Hook in BbS is awful :(. I don't wanna grind. Proud @ 24. He's just so random with when he's going to get stunlocked and when he just shrugs it off and goes into a flurry.

Finally. Firestorm + stopga makes a bit better, but he's still random when he gets his weakness to magic animation or not. What a frustrating little shit.

Golnei

Nope, going to be replaced by Frozen: The Pop-up Storybook Based On The Hit Movie™. Help Olaf find Anna, Elsa and all his friends through wintery Arendelle!

Alternately, they could take inspiration from the wealth of varied and creative derivative works the IP has inspired.

elsa-foot-doctor.jpg
1421275693-1.jpg
tumblr_inline_ncc4t2NGUS1qc5z8p.png
tumblr_nk1zhxTnmj1s8uxwso4_500.png
tumblr_nk1zhxTnmj1s8uxwso8_500.jpg

Especially if it's intended to serve as a vector for minigames, it'd be a massive waste of potential not to incorporate them into the Frozen world.

aravuus

Alternately, they could take inspiration from the wealth of varied and creative derivative works the IP has inspired.

Especially if it's intended to serve as a vector for minigames, it'd be a massive waste of potential not to incorporate them into the Frozen world.

what

the

fuck

Tsunamo

So I guess it's pretty definite we'll get something Kingdom Hearts related at E3 with Square-Enix having a conference now. I wonder what we'll get though, the KH mobile title, DDDHD, KH3 footage, all three?

I'm not sure why i'm surprised being on the internet for so long.

But seriously what the fuck is wrong with the people that made those games?
I'm going to D23 for the first time this year. I had no idea that there would be kingdom Hearts stuff. Just adds to my hype meter.
Are you going to the US one? If so it might unfortunately be limited to the Japanese one, the KH3 footage was last year if I remember correctly (even though it got uploaded onto the internet not long after being shown)
Hope you enjoy it! Seems like it'd be pretty neat to go to regardless of where it is.

zeemumu

Hope you enjoy it! Seems like it'd be pretty neat to go to regardless of where it is.
I hope they have some merchandise at the very least.

Do you guys remember that tweet of Kingdom Hearts staff at Disneyland Paris to work on something? What did that end up being?

Nose Master

Lol. You can get a fission firaga on Terra in the... second world or so with some awkward climbing around the Sleeping Beauty world. So dumb.

maxcriden

Hi, I've never played a KH game. I don't tend to be much for turn-based RPGs. Is this more action-y a la a Zelda game? Is the ReMIX series on PS3 the best way to get into the series? Love Disney but FF has never appealed to me. Thanks!

Falk

that puzzling face
It's an action RPG with more focus on action than RPG.

The important Disney characters far outweigh the important Final Fantasy characters which are more cameos than anything. Of course, to offset that Kingdom Hearts itself introduces a whole plethora of mostly moody protagonists and antagonists which might as well be Final Fantasy characters.

maxcriden

It's an action RPG with more focus on action than RPG.

The important Disney characters far outweigh the important Final Fantasy characters which are more cameos than anything. Of course, to offset that Kingdom Hearts itself introduces a whole plethora of mostly moody protagonists and antagonists which might as well be Final Fantasy characters.

Thank you! So, not turn-based, then? And, 1.5 is a good way in to the series?

iosefe

Thank you! So, not turn-based, then? And, 1.5 is a good way in to the series?

the best way really. gameplay is evolved rom the first game, and if you play it after the others, it might not feel right. experience 1.5 in Order (or even wait till finishing KH2 to experience Days), but playing KH1 first is a must.

Seda

nothing turn-based about it. you control sora in 3d environments, press a button to jump whenever, swing your keyblade whenever, cast magic whenever. most enemies pop up as you traverse (like, literally out of the air)

ps2-era camera will probably take some getting used to. also a pretty slow tutorial section.

currently the ps3 editions are the best way to try out the series, but might be worth waiting if these getting ported to ps4 (like ffx, if you have a ps4 anyway).

edit: some control is still menu-based, where you have to navigate a smallish on-screen UI to access items and magic and such

maxcriden

the best way really. gameplay is evolved rom the first game, and if you play it after the others, it might not feel right. experience 1.5 in Order (or even wait till finishing KH2 to experience Days), but playing KH1 first is a must.

nothing turn-based about it. you control sora in 3d environments, press a button to jump whenever, swing your keyblade whenever, cast magic whenever. most enemies pop up as you traverse (like, literally out of the air)

ps2-era camera will probably take some getting used to. also a pretty slow tutorial section.

currently the ps3 editions are the best way to try out the series, but might be worth waiting if these getting ported to ps4 (like ffx, if you have a ps4 anyway).

edit: some control is still menu-based, where you have to navigate a smallish on-screen UI to access items and magic and such

Sounds good! I'm eager to check it out. Thanks guys. :)

Top Bottom