• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

OMG a Kingdom Hearts mobile game was announced!

!!!
image.php

Grieves

Not surprised that it's not for Windows Phones. I'm going to have to get an Android phone next time around.

How important is Chi for KH3?

Tsunamo

http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts...age-testing-already-underway-in-north-america

-- In [KHx], cards are used for the battle system, but in this game they have become medals?

Nomura: Since we are considering developing this game overseas, we have adjusted it accordingly. When our testing team in America had Smartphone users play it, if they saw cards as they appeared in [KHX], they tended to think of it as the so called "card games". Although after having they play it for a while we had good reactions, the first impression of the game wasn't good. Since the first impression of a game is very important, we tried something other than cards.

Must have had a fear of card implementation after CoM/Re:CoM :p
How important is Chi for KH3?
We don't really know yet because the story hasn't finished, but going by Nomuras comments, his history of making every Kingdom Hearts game tie into eachother (BBS, 358/2 Days, Re:coded, DDD tieing into future installments/3) how they added a cutscene to Re:coded in 2.5 referencing it and all the mentions of it linking to 3 i'd say it'll probably be pretty important to 3.
Is Chi even good? How much content is there (length, etc.)?
It's still ongoing with updates.

Falk

that puzzling face
It probably depends who's designing the mechanics for the mobile version. I mean yeah, a lot of concepts transfer over and such, but in the end recent stuff like Terra Battle and FF:Record Keeper have hit quite a happy medium of non-paying progression vs whaling.

sasuke_91

Lingering Will on Critical is kind of bullshit. Every hit leaves you with 1 HP...
The XIII data are also ridiculousy hard. I only managed to beat Demyx right now, and I'm on level 85. Sephiroth is a joke compared to all of this^^

I forgot the best order for Birth by Sleep. Ven -> Terra -> Aqua or Terra -> Ven -> Aqua?

Lingering Will on Critical is kind of bullshit. Every hit leaves you with 1 HP...
The XIII data are also ridiculousy hard. I only managed to beat Demyx right now, and I'm on level 85. Sephiroth is a joke compared to all of this^^

I forgot the best order for Birth by Sleep. Ven -> Terra -> Aqua or Terra -> Ven -> Aqua?

Either of the two work, though the dev team's recommended order is Terra -> Ven -> Aqua.

And yeah, Lingering Will and the Data XIII make Sephiroth look like a tutorial boss in comparison. You might want to synth some armor and Defense Boosts to give you a fighting chance.

botty

Banned
Chi won't be important in the grand scheme of things. In the same way that you can remove Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, Coded and have a better story/body of work.

sasuke_91

Either of the two work, though the dev team's recommended order is Terra -> Ven -> Aqua.

And yeah, Lingering Will and the Data XIII make Sephiroth look like a tutorial boss in comparison. You might want to synth some armor and Defense Boosts to give you a fighting chance.
Ah okay thanks.
Started BbS right now and going with Critical. I hope that's not a bad idea for my first playthrough :p

And yeah, I might level up to 99 first and boost my stats before trying again. I didn't want to do this because it felt like cheating (choosing a harder difficulty and boosting stats to make it easier), but I don't have the patience to do this any other way.

Falk

that puzzling face
BBS Critical has some severe tuning issues near the start where you do so little damage to mobs that 1 level doubles your damage output. Evens out after the first few worlds though.

Ah okay thanks.
Started BbS right now and going with Critical. I hope that's not a bad idea for my first playthrough :p

And yeah, I might level up to 99 first and boost my stats before trying again. I didn't want to do this because it felt like cheating (choosing a harder difficulty and boosting stats to make it easier), but I don't have the patience to do this any other way.

All leveling up and getting your stats up to par does is give you a fighting chance. Lingering Will and quite a few of the Data XIII can and will fuck your shit up unless you actually learn how to fight them.

sasuke_91

BBS Critical has some severe tuning issues near the start where you do so little damage to mobs that 1 level doubles your damage output. Evens out after the first few worlds though.

Every KH had some issues at the beginning on the highest difficulty setting. I remember KH1 Tarzan's world... that was one pain in the ass.
The tuning issue is new though :p

All leveling up and getting your stats up to par does is give you a fighting chance. Lingering Will and quite a few of the Data XIII can and will fuck your shit up unless you actually learn how to fight them.
Yeah you're right. These bosses are just too hard to try them on lower levels.

Tsunamo

I finally started KH Chi to get the gist of how it plays so I could see if i'd like unchained or not and now i'm addicted and can't stop playing. Help.
Yeah you basically have to grind up a few levels to actually stand a chance early-game in BBS in each scenario and then it evens out as you progress further.
Every KH had some issues at the beginning on the highest difficulty setting. I remember KH1 Tarzan's world... that was one pain in the ass.
The tuning issue is new though :p
I feel that KH1's issues were mostly with a couple of bosses (particularly the final Riku battle when he's possessed by SoD and Clayton with Stealth Sneak) I used to have trouble with Guard Armours first battle but i've got the hang of it now.
Honest question, what even is this game? Like, what do you do?
There's a bunch of stuff you can do, but basically go to worlds, do story missions helping clearout heartless (interestingly enough the stuff in Wonderland and Agrabah seem like they lead into the original Kingdom Hearts storywise for those worlds), unravel more of the main plot, sidemissions (some of which are timed events) for rewards to upgrade stuff/get more cards, make a deck of cards (or medals in unchaineds case, but it should work about the same) upgrade/customise them, form a party for battling rival factions for how much light/lux you can collect for your faction (you get it from defeating enemys, picking up materials on the map, get guilt from certain enemys to give you a damage bonus, only for it to change enemys every two weeks, upgrade keyblades with materials.

I admit it's had around 2 years of updates, but for a browser game it feels very content heavy and has a bunch of MMORPG elements, while still feeling really simplistic and easy to pickup. Nomuras comments make it sound like Unchained might be a bit more streamlined/dumbed down so you can get the full story (or whenever they get to the end of it) without it being as time consuming but time will tell.

Edit: So looking at the Unchained shots again it does look like the battlesystem is different (they're targeting three different points of the darksiders body, while there's a weakness trio) but it still seems like somethings from Chis carryover, gonna be interesting to see how it works.

sasuke_91

Reached Lvl 99 and boosted Defense to ~90. I beat 4/13 organisation members. Roxas' data is kinda hard, but I feel like I'll be able to deal with him. Saix is bullshit, Axel is also bullshit, but I just don't know how to deal with him. I'm scared to fight Marluxia :p
I haven't tried Lingering Will again, but I feel like it'll be as hard as ever...

I also began to play BbS. Critical is not impossible if you manage not to get touched^^
I like the gameplay. I came to like that deck system after having played 3D.

Tsunamo

Marluxia's pretty easy, only thing that puts pressure on you is the hitcount to death.

Also I know we've had the HD collections and Chi, but I just realized we haven't seen anything at all of Kingdom Hearts 3 since the change to Unreal Engine 4, gonna be interesting to see how it looks when it gets shown off next.

sasuke_91

Marluxia's pretty easy, only thing that puts pressure on you is the hitcount to death.
He was way easier the second time once you figure out when to guard. Your hit count is also higher. I beat him on my first try. The only thing that almost killed me was him spamming attacks on me when he almost died.
The only remaining members of Organisation XIII are Xaldin and Xemnas. Xaldin is an asshole because his wind attacks leave you with 1 HP all the time. Everytime I make a mistake he kills me. Xemnas always kills me when Riku takes my place. I don't have that many HP left and have no time to reach Sora. I have no problems against him as Sora.
And yeah... Lingering Will. I haven't spent much time on him and still can't read any patterns. I'm not sure when to attack, but I'll figure it out once I beat the other two.

Do you guys think we'll see KH3 at E3? I haben't really followed any news recently, so I still have no idea what to expect.

zeemumu

godspeed

remember: Aqua Last

Oh I know. I finished all 3 stories of BBS on my PSP. I'd just like to play through it again with a dualshock controller. Venn's probably my best character. I've always leaned towards fast/rushdown characters in games.

iosefe

Oh I know. I finished all 3 stories of BBS on my PSP. I'd just like to play through it again with a dualshock controller. Venn's probably my best character. I've always leaned towards fast/rushdown characters in games.

you using a DS4? feels like a dream

sasuke_91

Xaldin annoys me like no other! I was already struggling with him in the Beauty & the Beast world. What do I do when he's low on health and dashes towards me instead of just piercing me with his spear? Everytime he hits me I'm left with 1 HP...

Is this a good order to tackle end game content in KH2?:
Maxing Drive Forms and Summons
Puzzle pieces
Mushroom XIII
Synthesis
Missions
Sora Lvl. 99
Coliseum Cups
Cavern of Remembrance
Gummi Ship blueprint collection
Taken from the trophy guide.

zeemumu

Xaldin annoys me like no other! I was already struggling with him in the Beauty & the Beast world. What do I do when he's low on health and dashes towards me instead of just piercing me with his spear? Everytime he hits me I'm left with 1 HP...

Isn't that a Mickey fight? If I remember correctly I did a lot of running while my MP recharged.

Xigbar is my worst fight. His super bullet tends to hit my at the worst moment.

you using a DS4? feels like a dream

DS3. Not as good but still an improvement over the PSP's controls.

Boogins

Puzzle pieces
Mushroom XIII
Synthesis
Missions
Sora Lvl. 99
Coliseum Cups
Cavern of Remembrance

I did things in that order except I did cavern of remembrance after the mushrooms. It doesn't really matter but I wanted it to still be a challenge.

Puzzle pieces
Mushroom XIII
Synthesis
Missions
Sora Lvl. 99
Coliseum Cups
Cavern of Remembrance
I would probably do the synthesis after completing the Cavern of Remembrance since there are new enemies that give you drops that wouldn't be anywhere else, but I feel like the order doesn't matter as much.

Falk

that puzzling face
In the time since Nomura said "there will be more info next year", Napalm_Frank's avatar has grown a beard.

sasuke_91

Isn't that a Mickey fight? If I remember correctly I did a lot of running while my MP recharged.

Xigbar is my worst fight. His super bullet tends to hit my at the worst moment.

Yeah, it was a Mickey fight in the story, but I have to fight his data all by myself D:
Still didn't manage to beat him. I might try beating Xemnas first, he should be easier :p
Xigbar, to me, was a surprisingly easy fight. Beat him on my first try.

You poor, simple fool.

Oh, come on. I can see a spark of hope in your beard. You just have to believe :)

The odds may be low, and sometimes, it might not even show up at all. But I've learned, that deep down, there's a light that NEVER goes out!

I understood that reference!!! As did... everyone else in this thread...
And here I thought I was special >_>

maxcriden

Got 1.5 for $14! Never played it so I'm psyched. It's heavy on Disney stuff, right? Also, will I be lost in terms of characters having never played a FF game?

zeemumu

Got 1.5 for $14! Never played it so I'm psyched. It's heavy on Disney stuff, right? Also, will I be lost in terms of characters having never played a FF game?

Disney mainly provides the setting and bosses. Almost every world is Disney-inspired. You won't be lost if you aren't familiar with FF. I was nearly oblivious to all FF stuff when I first started playing. They're mainly only side characters.

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts!

First one is heavy on the Disney stuff, but by Chain of Memories (The game after KH1, lol) Disney becomes really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Final Fantasy characters are mostly side characters, so don't worry.

maxcriden

Disney mainly provides the setting and bosses. Almost every world is Disney-inspired. You won't be lost if you aren't familiar with FF. I was nearly oblivious to all FF stuff when I first started playing. They're mainly only side characters.

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts!

First one is heavy on the Disney stuff, but by Chain of Memories (The game after KH1, lol) Disney becomes really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Final Fantasy characters are mostly side characters, so don't worry.

Thank you both, we're (my wife and I) psyched to dive in!

Na, FF characters are just a nice side addition and don't really matter either way.
However you won't get the amazing feeling during the Squall & Cloud scene or optional Sephiroth battle.

In the time since Nomura said "there will be more info next year", Napalm_Frank's avatar has grown a beard.

When Nomura was like ''We announced KH3 too early.'' I thought they meant like 1 year too early. Little did I know that 2013 would be the biggest year for KH3 trailers and after that would be over 1,5 years with absolutely nothing (no, I don't count the E3 2014 tease or behind closed doors concept art).

When Nomura was like ''We announced KH3 too early.'' I thought they meant like 1 year too early. Little did I know that 2013 would be the biggest year for KH3 trailers and after that would be over 1,5 years with absolutely nothing (no, I don't count the E3 2014 tease or behind closed doors concept art).
The 2.5 launch event had some gameplay as well but nothing amazing, no idea why they didn't put it up on YouTube. Squares having a big e3 apparently so we may still see kh3.

Top Bottom