• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Falk

that puzzling face
It is. It originally was coop. While they rebalanced it for 2.5, it's still pretty brutal early on.

let us pray for kh3 at e3 this year my fellow kh stans

izIpjAuBZDuTw.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
lol

edit: before you jump to any conclusions, "lol" because the prayer came equipped with a 404 image (over here, at least)

C47HHkC.png

sasuke_91

That's the perfect time to get banned...

Anyway, I'm glad there's going to be some news regarding KH3. Do you think some kind of release window is going to be announced?

Dereck

That's the perfect time to get banned...

Anyway, I'm glad there's going to be some news regarding KH3. Do you think some kind of release window is going to be announced?
My prediction: even if Kingdom Hearts 3 is mentioned, they'll straddle the details that everyone cares about.

They'll either say a few sentences to the effect of "it's coming", or they'll show a 45 second gameplay trailer. In either scenerio, they won't announce a release date, and they won't even give a release window.

What's more likely to happen is a re-release of an old game or a brand new portable/mobile spin-off.

c-murph

My prediction: even if Kingdom Hearts 3 is mentioned, they'll straddle the details that everyone cares about.

They'll either say a few sentences to the effect of "it's coming", or they'll show a 45 second gameplay trailer. In either scenerio, they won't announce a release date, and they won't even give a release window.

What's more likely to happen is a re-release of an old game or a brand new portable/mobile spin-off.

KH:DDDHD

sasuke_91

Actual Gameplay would be great, but I guess it's going to be some Target Concept Render or something like that again.

I wouldn't mind KH 3D HD. It's a great game and looks great. Just a little too broken. Another spin-off would be too much if you ask me.

Tsunamo

I'd be okay with a non-Chi/Unchained spin-off only if it was Birth By Sleep Volume 2, as that already has a base story going for it and seemed like it was going to lead into 3 anyway, but at this stage i've given up on it becoming a game, maybe chucked in a theater mode bonus with DDDHD or something.

I'm prettysure they'll use E3 as a opportunity to introduce Chained Chi to the West, even if it's just a short trailer going over a date and a bit of gameplay slotted in somewhere that's all they need.

But yeah I agree with Derick, they'll probably just skim over it and do a short trailer/gameplay footage to show off what it looks like in unreal engine 4 and leave it at that (maybe in the form of a new world) which i'd totally be happy with.

How come in BBS when i try to meld commands it will sometimes just give me that beeping noise and won't let me add certain commands to the melder? It has nothing to do with how high the level of the command is it seems...

Psxphile

How come in BBS when i try to meld commands it will sometimes just give me that beeping noise and won't let me add certain commands to the melder? It has nothing to do with how high the level of the command is it seems...

Do you have commands in play on the Command Board? You can't meld those until you get them back. I believe the command looks a little different to denote that they're still on the board? I never stopped playing a board midway.

sasuke_91

You can only meld meldable commands. If you have no meldable commands in your list it won't let you select anything.

Hmmm not sure i completely understand what you guys mean but... For example i had 2 Bind commands and one would not work while the other did finally, so maybe i DID have one of them active on my deck?

Also: how do i know which commands are "meldable" and which aren't? I didn't notice any difference between the commands as far as looks are concerned hmm...

- What do you mean that you never stopped playing a board midway? What i usually do is i level a command up to the maximum level, then i exchange it for another/new one i got to level that one.

Psxphile

The Command Deck is where you place your commands so you can use them in battle, you start with three slots and maxes out at seven slots.

The Command Board is the mini-game you can play in the start menu/Arena. It lets you place commands on spaces you land on and gives them CP when you play a match to completion. It's possible to suspend a match and continue playing the real game normally, with the commands you placed still usable but unable to be melded. I'm not sure but maybe they don't gain CP either (though that would be dumb if true).

Some commands can be melded at Lv.1, and some need to be gain a few levels before they can. And as mentioned above, not every command is meldable with others, some are pretty picky about what you can meld with. If the commands are dimmed in the meld menu screen, than obviously you don't possess a command that can be melded with it (or if you do, not at a suitable level). Once you start gaining more commands from chests/shops or gameplay rewards your melding choices will explode exponentially.

Keep in mind that Action Commands (High Jump, Slide, Block, etc.) cannot be melded unless you possess more than one.

The Command Deck is where you place your commands so you can use them in battle, you start with three slots and maxes out at seven slots.

The Command Board is the mini-game you can play in the start menu/Arena. It lets you place commands on spaces you land on and gives them CP when you play a match to completion. It's possible to suspend a match and continue playing the real game normally, with the commands you placed still usable but unable to be melded. I'm not sure but maybe they don't gain CP either (though that would be dumb if true).

Some commands can be melded at Lv.1, and some need to be gain a few levels before they can. And as mentioned above, not every command is meldable with others, some are pretty picky about what you can meld with. If the commands are dimmed in the meld menu screen, than obviously you don't possess a command that can be melded with it (or if you do, not at a suitable level). Once you start gaining more commands from chests/shops or gameplay rewards your melding choices will explode exponentially.

Keep in mind that Action Commands (High Jump, Slide, Block, etc.) cannot be melded unless you possess more than one.

Ok, since i have never tried the command board game before i don't think that's the problem...

I DID meld a couple commands successfully before, so i find it strange that now all of a sudden not ONE command can be used to meld? I found a couple new ones (like Fire, Sleep etc.) in the meantime but it won't let me use a single one of those for melding.

I also did not notice the commands being "dimmed" unless that means that they are ALL dimmed so i would't notice the difference hmm..

On a sidenote: I finally did beat the first Arena mission now so that's that at least ;)

Tsunamo

Tabata confirmed to takeover every project Nomura never ends up finishing.

Edit: Last bets before Square-Enix conference guys, what are we all expecting? I'm going all in this time, DDDHD, Unchained Chi, Kingdom Hearts 3 footage, PS4 HD Collection.
I know i'm setting myself up for disappointment but this E3 is the year where dreams come true! and my KH ones get crushed

Tabata confirmed to takeover every project Nomura never ends up finishing.

Edit: Last bets before Square-Enix conference guys, what are we all expecting? I'm going all in this time, DDDHD, Unchained Chi, Kingdom Hearts 3 footage, PS4 HD Collection.
I know i'm setting myself up for disappointment but this E3 is the year where dreams come true! and my KH ones get crushed
Ultimate Collection (with DDD), Unchained and some really lame tease at 3.

zeemumu

So let's see

Tangled world

Mad Tea Party ride confirmed

Full Hercules World

New costume

Pegasus summon?

And what looked like Flowmotion

Tsunamo

I'm a tad bit worried at what looks like flowmotion being included in 3.
Glad it looks really good though, and it can't be a coincidence Master Xehanort looks like Riku while younger, right?

Top Bottom