• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

Was that the first Unchained Chi gameplay we saw? It actually looked kinda nice.
Sure was. The browser game Chi's actually pretty fun, so I have high hopes Unchained will be the same (the trailer made it look it)

Interestingly it seems like the updates they are pretty close to the Japanese browser version, rather than miles behind.
KH3 appeared but no HD ports? Didn't expect that.
Falk has betrayed us with no DDDHD
I kid, I kid, but seriously come back soon falk :(

Cedric

Was really expecting DDDHD, but I'm happy nonetheless! that part where Sora jumps off a cliff got me so hype, this is going to be amazing. Still though, doesn't seem like it's anywhere near done.

Eurogamer have uploaded a 1080p 60fps version . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xT8AwG1PuE
The live stream version was blurry has hell even at 720p - the max youtube allowed me to go. Looks great.

EDIT:Whilst it's better it's still blurry around 1:44

All these summons or w.e the pegasus and teacups were on top of flow motion make it seem like it'll be hard to balance the combat - hopefully not KH 3D level unbalanced.. Also, how do they explain why Sora is still struggling to fight the basic shadows while he's gotten considerably stronger since KH 1 & 2.
So young Xehanorts eyes have a orange outline at the end. Hopefully they explain more things about the past. Also Eraqus looks wacky.

EDIT2- Forgot the link.

Banzai

I'm not sure if I'm on board with the art style. Looks weird to me.
Also, flow motion might be broken again...

Other than that, looks like a ton of fun!

I'm not sure if I'm on board with the art style. Looks weird to me.
Also, flow motion might be broken again...

Other than that, looks like a ton of fun!

I'm on the same boat about artstyle but honestly I think part of it is that I need a legit good blowout trailer to show the game is shaping up. Artstyle looks a bit too different to me but the thing is I don't think it looks bad or anything, I'll totally get used to it.

I might have to write a long napalm analysis post of my impressions but really it still just seems so early so whatever.

The thing is that even in the old days of when people were expecting PS3 KH3 many seemed to want it to look like the CGI scenes. That seems to be exactly what they are going for and personally I have always thought the CGI in KH (characters especially) look weird and way prefer the gameplay models. Like I like the stock renders of 1-2-BBS-DDD ect way more than KH3. But I know many wanted KH3 to look exactly like this so it's hard to whine about it either. I'll be completely happy as long as the game is fun.

Ooh, upon looking at the 1080p trailer I think the symbol on each piece in the board game is potentially a clue about the 13 darknesses and 7 lights. I definitely recognized the Void Gear symbol on one of Xehanort's pieces.

Ooh, upon looking at the 1080p trailer I think the symbol on each piece in the board game is potentially a clue about the 13 darknesses and 7 lights. I definitely recognized the Void Gear symbol on one of Xehanort's pieces.

In general after watching the better quality trailer I feel better and better about it :lol. It's actually much better than the previous giga early alpha stuff, especially the animations are not half bad. If they had new music and not those creepy static UI faces (god I hope they use Nomura art as is tradition) it would be even better.

I guess I am getting a bit more optimistic about KH3. One thing I hope is that they can actually put hidden treasures and stuff in those large areas. And since the apparent return of flowmotion means that most platforming will be moot perhaps a lot of KH1 esque minipuzzles like using fire magic to burn some dead tree out of the way or aero to reveal a chest under a mountain of leaves. Make the areas matter and have these little things outside of just making them huge because your silly pirate boat demands it. I'm just fearing for a 2017 release but I guess if 2016 can be legit hoard of KH3 info I can deal with it.

It feels like the reveal of Tangled was the thing that makes me feel like the game is actually happening. The worlds being revealed are a huge part of the marketing leading up to the release. I expect at least 1 more world revealed late this year (probably at D23).

There's that crown as well, the last piece eraqus moves.

EDIT - Also Heart.

I'm guessing Eraqus is moving the pieces for light or something and Xehanort Darkness :S?

In general after watching the better quality trailer I feel better and better about it :lol. It's actually much better than the previous giga early alpha stuff, especially the animations are not half bad. If they had new music and not those creepy static UI faces (god I hope they use Nomura art as is tradition) it would be even better.

I guess I am getting a bit more optimistic about KH3. One thing I hope is that they can actually put hidden treasures and stuff in those large areas. And since the apparent return of flowmotion means that most platforming will be moot perhaps a lot of KH1 esque minipuzzles like using fire magic to burn some dead tree out of the way or aero to reveal a chest under a mountain of leaves. Make the areas matter and have these little things outside of just making them huge because your silly pirate boat demands it. I'm just fearing for a 2017 release but I guess if 2016 can be legit hoard of KH3 info I can deal with it.

It feels like the reveal of Tangled was the thing that makes me feel like the game is actually happening. The worlds being revealed are a huge part of the marketing leading up to the release. I expect at least 1 more world revealed late this year (probably at D23).

I mean, FlowMotion isn't inherently bad if they figure out how to work it right. It would honestly have been fine in DDD if FlowMotion attacks had been better balanced, possible to cancel out of, and if you couldn't jump-chain your way up every vertical surface in the game. Kill jump-chaining and platforming is no longer trivialized.

But yeah, I'm not a big fan of Attraction Flow if it's gonna be a huge deal. Looks like it takes a lot of control away from the player and is basically the same "you're invincible now and also get ready for a long animation" stuff that we got with Reaction Commands and Reality Shift.

Mickey symbol on one of Eraqus pieces is almost creepy.

Eraqus has also got a piece with the Heartless symbol on it, which is awfully interesting. A decent chunk of Xehanort's pieces look like they correspond with Organization weapon symbols.

the heartless symbol hasn't been invented yet at this point in the timeline and it's all just a metaphor guys

Eraqus has also got a piece with the Heartless symbol on it, which is awfully interesting. A decent chunk of Xehanort's pieces look like they correspond with Organization weapon symbols.

the heartless symbol hasn't been invented yet at this point in the timeline and it's all just a metaphor guys

It's not the past dude o_o

wait

is this not supposed to be a flashback to xehanort's and eraqus's youth

what

Yeah...That's what i thought it was as well.

I mean, FlowMotion isn't inherently bad if they figure out how to work it right. It would honestly have been fine in DDD if FlowMotion attacks had been better balanced, possible to cancel out of, and if you couldn't jump-chain your way up every vertical surface in the game. Kill jump-chaining and platforming is no longer trivialized.

I'm guessing they didn't do that for parity - Sora could do it in DDD,why can't he now?They don't want to look like they're backpedaling and it'd be hard to explain without sounding convoluted - even for KH. Although yeah it would fix flowmotion being OP. Hopefully, it means the enemies AI is smarter and more dynamic to combat flowmotion.

Also, Namine.

Also, seems like there'll be a Kingdom Hearts Square Enix Presents thing at 1am GMT,5PM PDT :http://square.vo.llnwd.net/o2/e32015/SEP_E3Schedule_EN.pdf

Last hope for HD port?

Who knows, maybe it will just be announced on the actual E3 days as they did with Type 0 last year. It's just that they actually had a presser so why not announce it there. I won't believe for a second either DDD or PS4 reports ain't coming. Also surprising lack of FFXII HD.

zeemumu

They returned to a point in the future where there already existed a point in existence of themself when they did open the door.

darkness

I'm gonna need some type of flow chart to follow this. Can you explain this in different terms? Did the past versions time travel to the future using future versions of themselves as coordinates?

Last hope for HD port?

Who knows, maybe it will just be announced on the actual E3 days as they did with Type 0 last year. It's just that they actually had a presser so why not announce it there. I won't believe for a second either DDD or PS4 reports ain't coming. Also surprising lack of FFXII HD.

There is a rumor that Kingdom Hearts 2.9 will be announced from a leaked checklist. I don't know how legit that is, but hype intensifies

I'm gonna need some type of flow chart to follow this. Can you explain this in different terms? Did the past versions time travel to the future using future versions of themselves as coordinates?

WwGjh0N.png

There is a rumor that Kingdom Hearts 2.9 will be announced from a leaked checklist. I don't know how legit that is, but hype intensifies
Considering the state KH3 seems to be in I think Kingdom Hearts 2.7 is the best we can ask for.

zeemumu

I'm still not entirely sure that I understood what you were saying back there. I thought that the scene was just Master Xehanort and Eraqus playing chess in the past, with it being around the time that Xehanort was having conversations with his future self, which is why he was talking about the future having already been written. Eraqus might be the higher up of the two in the way that Aqua was technically the superior due to her rank as master, and Eraqus was entitled to knowledge of the keyblade war just as Aqua was entitled to certain knowledge as a master, which Xehanort was aware of and why he told Eraqus to drop the facade, and the old masters that he was referring to are the faction leaders from Chi.

Unless you were joking, in which case it's probably kinda sad that I can't even tell anymore because that was just as plausible as anything else.

I'm still not entirely sure that I understood what you were saying back there. I thought that the scene was just Master Xehanort and Eraqus playing chess in the past, with it being around the time that Xehanort was having conversations with his future self, which is why he was talking about the future having already been written. Eraqus might be the higher up of the two in the way that Aqua was technically the superior due to her rank as master, and Eraqus was entitled to knowledge of the keyblade war just as Aqua was entitled to certain knowledge as a master, and the old masters that he was referring to are the faction leaders from Chi.

Unless you were joking, in which case it's probably kinda sad that I can't even tell anymore because that was just as plausible as anything else.

Basically it's a metaphore for Sora & Riku and Yes.

Or that whole exchange was a wink towards Xehanort already knowing what's going to happen in advance because DDD has already happened for him, which would also explain his Xanatos Gambit proficiency.

Maybe, I'd think Xehanort would be acting more smug, like he does in the present/future or w.e.. Seems more like it was just showing the link with chi with the lost masters & DDD and how everything should tie in together neatly for KH3.

^I CAN DREAM CANT I.

On another positive note: seems like the magic works very similar to Wisdom Form. You can cast Aero while moving. Good thing since in BBS for example I wish some spells could be cast on the move instead of rooting to the ground.

Why 2.9 . Would 2.75 work better - inbetween the stuff that happened in 2.5 and 3. 2.9 is cloesest to 3 if we're keeping at 1 decimal place though. But, KH names can do w.e they want.

Also, I said this before , but Xehanorts eyes are turning orange/darkness. Looks awesome.

On another positive note: seems like the magic works very similar to Wisdom Form. You can cast Aero while moving. Good thing since in BBS for example I wish some spells could be cast on the move instead of rooting to the ground.

Looks tight. When does he go Wisdom Form?

Why 2.9 . Would 2.75 work better - inbetween the stuff that happened in 2.5 and 3. 2.9 is cloesest to 3 if we're keeping at 1 decimal place though. But, KH names can do w.e they want.

Also, I said this before , but Xehanorts eyes are turning orange/darkness. Looks awesome.

Looks tight. When does he go Wisdom Form?

He doesn't. I mean you can cast spells while moving like you could in KH2 when you were in Wisdom Form (or Master or Final I guess).

zeemumu

What other rides do you think are gonna make it into the game? We saw Big Thunder, the Columbia pirate ship, and the Mad Tea Party teacups.

I'm keeping hope alive for a Haunted Mansion world that's based off of the ride and not the Eddie Murphy film.

It would be so easy! They have ghost heartless already, they can throw those in with new ones, and there are 999 backstories to choose from.

What other rides do you think are gonna make it into the game? We saw Big Thunder, the Columbia pirate ship, and the Mad Tea Party teacups.

I'm keeping hope alive for a Haunted Mansion world that's based off of the ride and not the Eddie Murphy film.

It would be so easy! They have ghost heartless already, they can throw those in with new ones, and there are 999 backstories to choose from.

Based on the appearance of a chariot drawn by Pegasus, not all of them are going to be rides that actually exist in Disney theme parks.

That said? CAPTAIN EO

zeemumu

Based on the appearance of a chariot drawn by Pegasus, not all of them are going to be rides that actually exist in Disney theme parks.

That said? CAPTAIN EO

Unless that was a summon from the Hercules world because we haven't had one yet. That world was front and center throughout most of the trailer.

Holy shit, did he chain blizzard into flow motion and start grinding the ice trail from said attack in the trailer?

Man, I'm kind of glad Flowmotion turned out how it did in 3D, because obviously it's showed them what does and doesn't work.

Top Bottom