• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Come on DDD on PS

Edit: I just noticed that Sora's outfit has black,red, and white.
you know who else has white, red, and black?

233px-Master_Xehanort_KHBBS.png
rip sora

Stream Starting, they promised ''very special guests'' so maybe even Yasue? He was there last year but then again if he was at E3 he would probably have been on stage to present KH3.

Maybe it's just Lee in his vampire form.

edit:15 min delay on stream.

iosefe

so...lets talk about music choice for the trailer

Rage Awakened (II.5 Ver)

significant or purely choosing an awesome song?

BasilZero

Finished KH HD 1.5 Remix - its like the 4th time playing the games lol.

Anyways starting KH HD 2.5 Remix soon.

Watched the trailer - its amazing

MOOOOREEEEEE!

zeemumu

so...lets talk about music choice for the trailer

Rage Awakened (II.5 Ver)

significant or purely choosing an awesome song?

Maybe it's Sora's rage, slowly being overtaken by the inner darkness that he has yet to solve but maybe he can use the light to change it.

aravuus

The one thing I really disliked about flow-motion was how it absolutely destroyed DDD's level design and replaced anything meaningful with just tall, boring towers

It doesn't look like that's the case here, so I'm optimistic

zeemumu

The one thing I really disliked about flow-motion was how it absolutely destroyed DDD's level design and replaced anything meaningful with just tall, boring towers

It doesn't look like that's the case here, so I'm optimistic
If they make the levels spacious it'll solve most of the problem. The big issue with places like Traverse Town was the ability to jump off of the area borders since it was all alleys and close buildings. If you space out the level walls from the platforms you won't be able to clear the distance with flowmotion.

Or just make it a combat-only function

If they make the levels spacious it'll solve most of the problem. The big issue with places like Traverse Town was the ability to jump off of the area borders since it was all alleys and close buildings. If you space out the level walls from the platforms you won't be able to clear the distance with flowmotion.

Or just make it a combat-only function

As long as it's not possible to chain multiple wall-jumps, and as long as it's possible to cancel out of FlowMotion attacks into other attacks, it'll be fine.

Tsunamo

Interesting that that leaked schedule says Kingdom Hearts Chi, might mean they finally got a partner for the browser version of Chi and are bringing that over too considering how different that and unchained are or they just didnt put in the word unchained

Also I like that Xehanort/Eraqus scene, it's a great forshadowing of what's to come at the end of 3.
Why 2.9 . Would 2.75 work better - inbetween the stuff that happened in 2.5 and 3. 2.9 is cloesest to 3 if we're keeping at 1 decimal place though. But, KH names can do w.e they want.
I've learned by now that Kingdom Hearts naming schemes will never be logical (even if they do but are convoluted like 358/2 Days)

It implies to me we're more likely to get DDDHD in it though.
it seems Chi's important characters could appear on 3.
There was a good theory posed awhile back that the 5 faction leaders would be norts, and a few folks have speculated that chirithy possibly being related to the Chi blade (I mean he does have chi in his name, and it's not the first time Nomura's done dual meanings in his titles)

That and him going on about how important it is to 3 it wouldn't suprise me in the least.
As long as it's not possible to chain multiple wall-jumps, and as long as it's possible to cancel out of FlowMotion attacks into other attacks, it'll be fine.
Yeah I feel they'll get a decent balance if this is the case.

Edit: Those Square-Enix Presents tidbits were interesting. It sounds like there's a bunch more they have to showoff, and that they're just waiting for the go ahead from Disney on what world to show off next and that they can announce it soon so based on that i'm guessing we'll see whatever the next world is at D23.

aravuus

Pretty much. Chaining the wall-jumps was the one ability that most directly affected level design.

Do we actually know if KH3 is gonna have flowmotion though, btw? Or are people just making assumptions based on the weird ass train special attacks?

zeemumu

I wonder what reason they'll give to Sora for the clothing change. It probably won't be too plot sensitive considering the fact that they never wanted to change Sora's KH2 clothing in the first place. It's what he was wearing in the first tech demo for KH3.

Everyone also finds it a little weird that Frozen world didn't debut in the trailer. Maybe that world doesn't use common gameplay and they haven't worked out the mechanics for it yet?

I wonder what reason they'll give to Sora for the clothing change. It probably won't be too plot sensitive considering the fact that they never wanted to change Sora's KH2 clothing in the first place. It's what he was wearing in the first tech demo for KH3.

Everyone also finds it a little weird that Frozen world didn't debut in the trailer. Maybe that world doesn't use common gameplay and they haven't worked out the mechanics for it yet?

DDD would like to say otherwise.

zeemumu

DDD would like to say otherwise.

It's not the same costume. In the interview he said that he loved the KH 2 costume and wanted to keep it, and they even used it for the first trailer, but everyone else made them change it, so the new costume is a fusion of KH2 and DDD'S costume

Zaverious

Based on the appearance of a chariot drawn by Pegasus, not all of them are going to be rides that actually exist in Disney theme parks.

That said? CAPTAIN EO

I think that was a keyblade specific ability for the zeus keyblade like the dual guns and laser is for the star keyblade.

zeemumu

It looks like chaining jumps is a thing
92GiNq9.gif

But notice that there are no additional command prompts, and the original command prompts didn't change.

I hope all of the worlds are this big

FvWyAyR.gif

I'm gonna guess that this is Mt. Olympus since the art style and architecture matches Hercules. It looks similar to the Tangled world too.

AZUMIKE

Who here plays through entire KH games on crirtical/proud mode without walkthroughs?? I've been using guides since KH1. Thinking about playing 2.5 without one.

When KH3 comes out I wonder what I'll do...

It's not the same costume. In the interview he said that he loved the KH 2 costume and wanted to keep it, and they even used it for the first trailer, but everyone else made them change it, so the new costume is a fusion of KH2 and DDD'S costume

Oh no, I was alluding to the Recusant's Sigil that was incorporated in both his DDD and KHII costumes.

At least, I think his II costume has a few things that could pass for the Sigil. Could be wrong here

Order

Who here plays through entire KH games on crirtical/proud mode without walkthroughs?? I've been using guides since KH1. Thinking about playing 2.5 without one.

I always start on proud mode. The only game I used a guide on was 3D, but in my defense, Notre Dame was confusing as hell.

Hachitora

I only use walkthroughs if I wanna try and 100% a game. I like to go on my own and figure out the best strategies for bosses when I do the harder difficulties

zeemumu

Oh no, I was alluding to the Recusant's Sigil that was incorporated in both his DDD and KHII costumes.

At least, I think his II costume has a few things that could pass for the Sigil. Could be wrong here

Oh yeah his KH 2 costue is covered in X's. The new costume doesn't seem to have any at all. Maybe the Organization no longer needs them since their whole plan is now out in the open.

Guides for bosses or for side-quests? Because I used guide to do the dalmation side mission and stuff like that all the time, but I don't think I've used a guide to explain a fight since Phantom in KH 1, Proud mode or not.

KanameYuuki

I finally decided to try KH2 FM in critical and got to Xaldin, he kicked my ass so bad the first three tries, I was getting 2-3 shot, but then I decided to play staking up jumps and everything was so easy, I had jumps for days, I was able to dodge his final move and he wasn't able to do anything.

I hate to play on higher difficulties but sometimes it is fun to play the game as intended using all of my tools.

Top Bottom