• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

AZUMIKE

Guides for bosses or for side-quests? Because I used guide to do the dalmation side mission and stuff like that all the time, but I don't think I've used a guide to explain a fight since Phantom in KH 1, Proud mode or not.

I only use walkthroughs if I wanna try and 100% a game. I like to go on my own and figure out the best strategies for bosses when I do the harder difficulties

Yeah good points, I mean mostly for side-quest stuff (what quests open up after ____world, and where treasure is). I like to find strategies for boss battles on my own.

Mortemis

Banned
Who here plays through entire KH games on crirtical/proud mode without walkthroughs?? I've been using guides since KH1. Thinking about playing 2.5 without one.

When KH3 comes out I wonder what I'll do...

If I'm going for the plat, yeah I'll use guides. Like doing the 100 dalmations. But never for bosses.

It's looking more and more like KH3 might drop the Command Deck and only have Sora as a playable character.

:( I'd be so disappointed to never play as Kairi or Master Riku.

Who here plays through entire KH games on crirtical/proud mode without walkthroughs?? I've been using guides since KH1. Thinking about playing 2.5 without one.

When KH3 comes out I wonder what I'll do...

I don't think I have ever played a game with a walktrough outside of looking up some tips for speedrunning in something like Resident Evil :lol.

Stuff like melding charts for BBS is another matter entirely.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone else excited for Unchained X? I understand that KH3 has (rightfully) overshadowed it, but I've heard almost nothing about it from websites or here on Gaf. I think it looks downright adorable.

KanameYuuki

I'm also existed, and with the focus on the Ram keyblade on the last KH III trailer, it looks really important to know about those keyblade masters and their animal keyblades.

zeemumu

Anyone else excited for Unchained X? I understand that KH3 has (rightfully) overshadowed it, but I've heard almost nothing about it from websites or here on Gaf. I think it looks downright adorable.

I don't think people don't follow KH closely enough know that it's canon. I'm pretty excited to have a Kh related smartphone game.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't think people don't follow KH closely enough know that it's canon. I'm pretty excited to have a Kh related smartphone game.

I don't even care that it's canon. I'm excited because the battle system looks fun (the emphasis on finishing battles in one turn intrigues me) and it's adorable.

I really want to play it, the story of the game was becoming really interesting in the latest updates.

And there's the theory of this "daybreak town"
probably being the place where the keyblade war happened

zeemumu

I really want to play it, the story of the game was becoming really interesting in the latest updates.

And there's the theory of this "daybreak town"
probably being the place where the keyblade war happened

It would be the most likely. The highest concentration of keyblade wielders in the universe coupled with the fact that it doesn't exist in present day KH. My guess is that Unchained is going to end right where the keyblade war begins. It would be something to get a new game that takes place during the actual keyblade war, like a Dissidia-style fighting game with all original characters or something.

It doesn't feel that special since it's quite old game at this point unless they have a new content pack ready for it. Like haven't gone super deep into details but I know the overall ''plot'' what is happening. I'll definately play it tho and hopefully Android version is released day 1.

Like, if it was another Chain of Memories I would be super excited but as of now I cannot say that I am excited. More like I do want to try it out since apparently the browser version isn't half bad.

Village

I think sora's new design is mostly good except for the gloves, the gloves seem very un-nomura especially the circle part.

I wanna see other character designs,

New world looks good, hope they expand the scope of old worlds too

Hope I get to play as other guys.

Thats all I got

I think sora's new design is mostly good except for the gloves, the gloves seem very un-nomura especially the circle part.

I wanna see other character designs,

New world looks good, hope they expand the scope of old worlds too

Hope I get to play as other guys.

Thats all I got

At least half of them will be in Organization XIII cloaks, don't worry =]

Aren't they all dead?

Yeah, but Riku, Mickey, Lea, and members of the new Organization XIII have all worn one/are wearing one. Apparently, everybody shopped at the same "Badass Cloaks R' Us".

Actually, to your question... No, they aren't all dead.
Xemnas isn't dead. Axel, Saix, and Xigbar are brought back, but now as their full embodiments - Lea, Isa, and Braig. Other "full" Organization members have been brought back as well.

zeemumu

Isn't Riku no longer wearing one a la the end of Kingdom Hearts 2?

Well the cloaks do have use so they can put it back on whenever they want. Riku was wearing his all the time because he was hiding his new appearance and had a fear of letting the darkness spread. He's completely immune to the darkness at this point so I don't think he needs it anymore. Everyone else still does if they're going to travel through the dark corridors. They serve the same function as the keyblade armor in BBS.

Are we ever gonna get a secret episode where we play as Mickey during KH2?

It looks like chaining jumps is a thing
92GiNq9.gif

But notice that there are no additional command prompts, and the original command prompts didn't change.

The command bar seems like it's pretty clearly just stuck on there as a placeholder and isn't the actual interface they're using - it doesn't really move in any of the combat video.

As for the jump-chaining there, I strongly suspect that that's sort of a scripted thing for that particular enemy.

zeemumu

The command bar seems like it's pretty clearly just stuck on there as a placeholder and isn't the actual interface they're using - it doesn't really move in any of the combat video.

As for the jump-chaining there, I strongly suspect that that's sort of a scripted thing for that particular enemy.

there's a GIF of the Twilight Town part where he's using something similar. I feel like it may be keyblade-specific.

there's a GIF of the Twilight Town part where he's using something similar. I feel like it may be keyblade-specific.

If KH3 eliminates accessories and armor and instead gives us a much deeper keyblade-based passive ability system like Re:Coded, I'll be absolutely delighted. The equipment system has never been particularly special in the KH games, but at least KH2 and Re:Coded tried to make it more interesting.

Any spoilers for playing 3D before BBS?

I dont want to play BBS until i've finished Witcher 3 and then Batman next week, but I currently have nothing to play on my portables on breaks at work.
(beat all the other games in the series)

I dont want to play BBS until i've finished Witcher 3 and then Batman next week, but I currently have nothing to play on my portables on breaks at work.

Well 3D does spoil some BBS stuff definately. Time to get a PSP for BBS :3

iosefe

DDD should be the last thing you play

Kinsei

Banned

DDD has massive BbS spoilers.

It's not the same costume. In the interview he said that he loved the KH 2 costume and wanted to keep it, and they even used it for the first trailer, but everyone else made them change it, so the new costume is a fusion of KH2 and DDD'S costume

I like how he has to always be convinced to make a new costume. DDD was going to just retain the KH1 costumes they used during the opening portion of the game, but he decided to give them new costumes after the dev team said that it would spice things up a bit.

zeemumu

I forgot how unforgiving BBS is, especially on Proud Mode.

I'm enjoying taking a second look at the story though. Terra really does have an obsession with strength, but it doesn't seem like it's because he considers anything else weak. It seems more like it's all he knows. Reminds me of how Xemnas could only see the hatred and rage produced from hearts, and was incapable of remembering what else a heart was composed of. Maybe that's where he got it from.

He's pretty right in his point that you need to put in effort to make dreams come true, though. Granted the fairy godmother is also right in the fact that you have to believe it too.

I actually have a kind of weird reality shattering story about the fairy godmother. I visit Disneyland pretty regularly and I'm usually wearing some kind of Kingdom Hearts related necklace. At one point, my friend wanted to take a picture with the fairy godmother, and after the picture, the fairy godmother commented on my necklace. I happened to be wearing Roxas' necklace at the time.

sasuke_91

I play on Critical and the second half of Terra's story is hard as fuck. Got to Hercules without Once More and Second Chance or leveling too much. After that it got too hard though. I'm currently on Level 32 and try to fight
Terra Xehanort
. That should be the end of Terra's story I guess.
Can I collect all treasures and complete all Arena missions afterwards or am I not able to revisit the worlds with Terra after I completed his story?

Zaverious

I play on Critical and the second half of Terra's story is hard as fuck. Got to Hercules without Once More and Second Chance or leveling too much. After that it got too hard though. I'm currently on Level 32 and try to fight
Terra Xehanort
. That should be the end of Terra's story I guess.
Can I collect all treasures and complete all Arena missions afterwards or am I not able to revisit the worlds with Terra after I completed his story?

You can revisit the worlds and finish getting the treasures and do the arena missions after you beat the game.

Dereck

I don't think the game taking long is just because of the game, if the fans want all of these worlds, and they're gonna implement all of these worlds, and these games usually have true to source voice actors, it's gonna take awhile, a lot longer than I think actually. If the game is gonna try to please everyone.

I'll be sad when it's over. I know it's not the end of the series but still.

Won't it feel good to finally have this trilogy over, though? I can't believe we've waited a decade for KHIII. This is what it must be like to be a Half-life fan D:

You think KH3 will be last KH game or the last console KH game?

My future-self told me that KH will appear on consoles again. You're hearing it here for the first time folks: KHIV on the PS6 in 2025. Hold onto yer butts.

Won't it feel good to finally have this trilogy over, though? I can't believe we've waited a decade for KHIII. This is what it must be like to be a Half-life fan D:

My future-self told me that KH will appear on consoles again. You're hearing it here for the first time folks: KHIV on the PS6 in 2025. Hold onto yer butts.

Think you're confusing KHIV with the KH Remake(working title).

You think KH3 will be last KH game or the last console KH game?

I think the sales of KH3 will have a lot to do with how fast we get a new console KH. There definately will be at least more mobile and such games.

I still think SE really should focus on getting new players to the franchise (old fans return anyway). Problem is that at least thus far they really like to show off their silly anime dialogue for a plot nobody else outside of fans can follow. Stuff like Frozen/Star Wars are big hooks for new players but they really need to structure the story/marketing in a way newcomers can understand it.

One of the reasons I think DDD was a big fuckup. It left the story in a pretty awkward position for a numbered sequel.

edit: of course one direction for the series is focusing on AA tier games with fast output like DDD if KH3 fails to sell like the previous numbered titles.

Think you're confusing KHIV with the KH Remake(working title).

Oh, you're right!

Kingdom Hearts: The Xehanort Crisis Collection - 2024
Kingdom Hearts Re:Reposte Rebirth - 2025
Kingdom Hearts: Return, Recollect, ReBIRTH - 2026
Kingdom Hearts IV: The Goofy Saga

And we're going to love every minute of it.

zeemumu

To be fair, FF VII remake is completely valid reason to delay more KH after 3. That thing has to be PERFECT. FF VII is a big game, and if you fuck it up you're screwed.

To be fair, FF VII remake is completely valid reason to delay more KH after 3. That thing has to be PERFECT. FF VII is a big game, and if you fuck it up you're screwed.

I can guarantee you that gaming sites will report that Sqenix have fucked it up regardless. There's just to big of an expectation to fill and with nostalgia goggles/boners people seem to have with FF7 not everyones going to be happy and as usual the whiners/people who are unhappy will shout the loudest. Also, sites like Kotaku prefer clickbait article like FF7 remake is crapy!!111 over FF7 is great. Do they stick to ATB/turn based,improve it to FFXIII levels or just go with a Kh3/FFXV type battle system. Either way one group will be annoyed.

Oh, you're right!

Kingdom Hearts: The Xehanort Crisis Collection - 2024
Kingdom Hearts Re:Reposte Rebirth - 2025
Kingdom Hearts: Return, Recollect, ReBIRTH - 2026
Kingdom Hearts IV: The Goofy Saga

And we're going to love every minute of it.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Can't wait.

I think the sales of KH3 will have a lot to do with how fast we get a new console KH. There definately will be at least more mobile and such games.

I still think SE really should focus on getting new players to the franchise (old fans return anyway). Problem is that at least thus far they really like to show off their silly anime dialogue for a plot nobody else outside of fans can follow. Stuff like Frozen/Star Wars are big hooks for new players but they really need to structure the story/marketing in a way newcomers can understand it.

One of the reasons I think DDD was a big fuckup. It left the story in a pretty awkward position for a numbered sequel.

edit: of course one direction for the series is focusing on AA tier games with fast output like DDD if KH3 fails to sell like the previous numbered titles.

It'll obviously be part of the decision making process. It's not like SE just look at one factor and are like nah not right now etc. It also depends on how Nomura etc's work schedule is like.

Top Bottom