• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Haruko

Based on the appearance of a chariot drawn by Pegasus, not all of them are going to be rides that actually exist in Disney theme parks.

That said? CAPTAIN EO

he4Qd9A.gif

Captain EO summon needs to happen.

Nomura pls D:

Tsunamo

KH3 as it is now looks way way better in direct feed screenshots, most of my visual complaints (minus Sora looking awful in the tangled world cutscene) are basically gone now.

Edit: Well this is interesting http://www.khinsider.com/news/Gemat...ost-All-Worlds-New-Secret-Movie-included-5595
From a Dengeki Playstation interview:
(Release date?)
"We've reached an agreement, but I still can't say anything. I plan to give new information at the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event that will be held on the 3rd of November."
Wonder if the game will release earlier than expected.
(Development stage?)
"It's moving along steadily. I'm currently deciding what to do about the ending and secret movies and such."
If the secret movie's gonna be like Deep Dive and Birth By Sleep (the secret ending, not the games one) again then i'll go nuts from hype again.

aravuus

"The battle system doesn’t use deck commands like Birth by Sleep, but rather classic commands like Attack and Magic."

YOSPOS-puts-gun-to-head-guy-dancing-head-bopping-1411903135g.gif

More like
ezgif-1783457078.gif

I always preferred the classic system

e: the gif was a reversed version of the one BD's post had. cba to re-reverse it and upload somewhere else, use your imagination!

sasuke_91

I like both of them. I discovered my love for the deck system after playing DDD.

I completed Terra's story. The final battle almost became too easy when you figure out when to block and attack. Playing Ven's story right now and if it weren't for Aqua's D-Link I would die way too often against bosses. I wanted to go with Critical for him too though in order to be consistent :p
I thought you would just visit the same worlds at another point of time, but I like how you see other parts of the world with every character.

So if there isn't a Command Deck system, and no Reaction Commands, how will KHIII feel in gameplay? Do you guys think we'll be able to customize Sora's combos? Will there be a massive focus on magic? Will different keyblades change Sora's style?

zeemumu

So if there isn't a Command Deck system, and no Reaction Commands, how will KHIII feel in gameplay? Do you guys think we'll be able to customize Sora's combos? Will there be a massive focus on magic? Will different keyblades change Sora's style?

Maybe they put those aside to focus on the keyblade transformations? We've been seeing keyblades transform since KH2 Final Mix and BBS, but they've never been a gameplay mechanic. Maybe the combo system will be focused on properly utilizing the transformations? I'm hoping for something along the lines of Bloodborne, where you can transform mid combo and chain the movesets from the two different weapon modes together. Both
KH2 Terra and Young Xehanort
do that in their boss battles, right? Sora's throwing out a ton of stuff in those trailers and it's difficult to see where one specific move ends and another begins, or if they're all part of one long move chain.

Maybe they put those aside to focus on the keyblade transformations? We've been seeing keyblades transform since KH2 Final Mix and BBS, but they've never been a gameplay mechanic. Maybe the combo system will be focused on properly utilizing the transformations? I'm hoping for something along the lines of Bloodborne, where you can transform mid combo and chain the movesets from the two different weapon modes together. Both
KH2 Terra and Young Xehanort
do that in their boss battles, right? Sora's throwing out a ton of stuff in those trailers and it's difficult to see where one specific move ends and another begins, or if they're all part of one long move chain.

A lot of those transformations could have worked as commands in the command deck, and be a more natural fit than if they were steps in a combo. Some of those animations seem reeaaally long for them to be in a combo that we're going to repeat hundreds of times throughout the game, even if they are just combo finishers.

My bet right now is that one or two transformations are tied to each keyblade. For example, by using Zeus's keyblade, you can transform it into the neon chariot, but you can't separate the keyblade into the long-range blaster, like you can with the new magical-wave-looking keyblade.

Just watched the trailer again. Sora only uses sidearms with the Shooting Star (calling the magic star keyblade that), and summons the chariot with Godly Might (Zeus keyblade). The theme park attacks have been confirmed as summons, so so far this fits. This could be pretty cool, too, because every time you get a new keyblade in KH3, you would receive new keyblade transformations, and hence have a great reason to try each keyblade (a problem that has not been talked about a great deal with previous games).

Falk

that puzzling face
Uh. A better way to phrase it is Square Enix put the trailer together and chose the music, etc.

I just so happened to be working on that music.

I'm secretly relieved it's not using Hikari orchestral yet again lol

iosefe

Uh. A better way to phrase it is Square Enix put the trailer together and chose the music, etc.

I just so happened to be working on that music.

I'm secretly relieved it's not using Hikari orchestral yet again lol
Yeah, that makes sense.

Again, great work on the redone soundtrack

Of course I'm for real.

- Works on Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and a whole bunch of other games
- Gets banned on NeoGAF for posting about Burger King in a moba thread while not even playing mobas

I'm not sure which one of those is better, but that's really cool! Is the trailer hinting the return of
Vanitas
? :]

Tsunamo

http://www.khinsider.com/news/KH3-N...appy-Ending-Post-KH3-Direction-Undecided-5661

-- Keyblade transformations seem like a fun element in battle.

Nomura: My ideas for it came as far as from KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX, the main characters of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep were able to transform their Keyblades, and once Sora is able to pass the Mark of Mastery in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D, he will be able to utilize magic to transform his Keyblade that can be ridden as a vehicle and many other great things.

Even Nomura doesn't know what happened in DDD.

HI I'M BACK WHAT DID I MISS
DDDHD

Great work on the music by the way!

I haven't played DDD yet as i am currently still working on BBS (for the first time) but is it really all that confusing and messy as a game? I was looking forward to it but after hearing several negative opinions recently i might consider skipping it hmm..

I haven't played DDD yet as i am currently still working on BBS (for the first time) but is it really all that confusing and messy as a game? I was looking forward to it but after hearing several negative opinions recently i might consider skipping it hmm..

Well, it is very easy to grasp the overall plot but it is so stupid in places that you cannot look too closely to details or your head will explode. Some of it is stuff that Nomura ect. just pulled out of their ass to make the game work (mostly the explanation for the worlds and how they work) that it kinda feels like they didn't care too much for the setting to be ''believeable'' if that makes any sense for a series like KH. Also the last few hours introduce some plot elements that personally I think we really would have been better off without. And for a game that was supposed to set up KH3 I think it made matters far worse for the last chapter.

On the other hand I definately would recommend all KH fans to give it a spin. It's my least favourite of the ''big'' KH games but there is a lot to love about it. Very nice visuals for 3DS with pretty neat 3D to boot, OST is really good and the game has a really unique vibe that I like. You probably can find it pretty cheap nowdays too.

Falk

that puzzling face
I get sensible chuckles out of KH's plot. The biggest complaint I have with DDD is that playing anything that isn't turn based on a 3DS is akin to contracting tuberculosis.

aravuus

The biggest complaint I have with DDD is that playing anything that isn't turn based on a 3DS is akin to contracting tuberculosis.

This, too. Jfc I'd rather smash my fingers with a hammer than play another action game on the 3DS.

It would be more pleasant.

e: oh lmao yeah, almost forgot that DDD was the one that (plot spoilers)
made everyone into a keyblade wielder too.
That was hilarious.

I'm still waiting for an interview where Nomura explains how the fuck is the Tron world supposed to work in DDD.

I know there isn't an explanation.

Tsunamo

It would've been even worse if we had to visit the original Tron and Legacy like Nomura originally planned to have in DDD.

Music's still great though

Well if the mess of KHDDD story means we'll get a fucking epic battle between the 13 darknesses and 7 lights, then it was worth it tbh.

zeemumu

Well if the mess of KHDDD story means we'll get a fucking epic battle between the 13 darknesses and 7 lights, then it was worth it tbh.

I assume it's going to be like KH 2 where you go from world to world fighting the different versions of himself, maybe even in different time periods so they can bring back characters like Zack. Then the last guy will probably be Terranort.

I don't know what they're gonna do with old Master Xehanort now that Leonard Nimoy is gone unless he happened to finish recording beforehand.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't know what they're gonna do with old Master Xehanort now that Leonard Nimoy is gone unless he happened to finish recording beforehand.

Disney has a history over half a century long of finding replacement voice actors for people who pass away. I'm sure they can manage.

zeemumu

Disney has a history over half a century long of finding replacement voice actors for people who pass away. I'm sure they can manage.

Yeah but when you're that generation that's caught in the middle of a voice transition it's kinda jarring. I still haven't gotten used to Mickey's new voice.

zeemumu

Who knows, they might not even give MX any lines. There are 12 other Xehanorts to choose from!

Yeah but it would be weird if they just drop him, especially since they decided to go with him instead of Terranort as the reformed present day Xehanort for some reason.

I'm still waiting for an interview where Nomura explains how the fuck is the Tron world supposed to work in DDD.

I know there isn't an explanation.

All of the worlds in DDD are sleeping worlds, and are different versions of current worlds in different time periods. You go to Mysterious Tower in the past, for example. We don't know what's happened in the digital world since Sora left, and since time seems to work differently in different worlds/planes of existence we don't know how much time has passed. So the current Tron world could be post-Legacy and we're seeing what happened after Sora last visited.

What was that secret project that square was working on in disneyland Paris back in october?

Meowster

Dunno if you guys heard but Utada just gave birth to a healthy baby boy and announced that a new album will be ready very soon after a seven year hiatus. Will she return for KH3? #Believe

sasuke_91

Dunno if you guys heard but Utada just gave birth to a healthy baby boy and announced that a new album will be ready very soon after a seven year hiatus. Will she return for KH3? #Believe
SE lately gave us a few reasons to #believe again :p

I'm almost done with Ven's story. I think I'll start Aqua today or tommorrow. I definitely have to replay DDD after finishing BBS^^

Kinsei

Banned

I'm glad the baby is healthy!

I really hope we get a new UH song. It just wouldn't feel right having a numbered KH without one.

Top Bottom