• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Groof

So I finally got time to start playing BbS HD and my god the Braig fight as Terra is the most boringest shit ever

sasuke_91

I finished Ventus' story. I have to admit that that last fight was pretty easy if you figured out what to do. That last part where
Vanitas went into D-Link with Ventus
was very hard though. I only won by hoping that he'll do what I expect him to do (which he did thankfully :p). One or two mistakes and I'm dead.
Finished Terra on Lvl 33, Ventus on Lvl 36. Let's see if I can keep up the trend for Aqua too^^

I'll probably have a few questions after finishing the game, so be prepared :D

zeemumu

I'm coming up on Neverland for Terra in my Proud Mode run that's taking way longer than it should because of my schedule. If I remember correctly, it's that world then
Eraqus boss fight
then
keyblade graveyard
and I think I'm done with Terra's story.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, Aqua heavily relies on abilities, which in turn relies on having a rudimentary (or greater) understanding of the bread and butter ability combinations with the crafting system from at least one prior playthrough.

Groof

I was having the most difficult time with the final boss for Terra. Will probably go and grind a bit because fuck that noise.

Your first time playing BBS? If so, don't start with Aqua! Start with Terra or Ventus.

Oh i did the same years ago when i played it on psp. I'm on proud and it's been a blast, love the command deck system and all the options available.

Hope it's not completely erased for KH3 tbh, this is far, far superior to the normal setup.

Rush_Khan

Can someone link me to the best strategy for Mushroom VIII (Tower)? I've tried Berserk+Master and Berserk+Comet but to no avail.

sasuke_91

Can someone link me to the best strategy for Mushroom VIII (Tower)? I've tried Berserk+Master and Berserk+Comet but to no avail.
Berserk+Master was the best strategy for me. You can try getting him to the trees in a corner so he hits the invisible wall. I'm not sure if that'll help though :/

I tried beating Data Xemnas again and got him down to 3 bars before he captured Sora with 1 HP and I was left with Riku. Instant death. I shed some manly tears that day...

Ahnez

I did using Berserk + Master. You should also use thunder when you MP recharges

Take a lot of Drive Recoveries with you.. You will need them :p

There's no easy way to do it.. :\ Just keep trying until it works

Rush_Khan

Right, I finally completed Mushroom 8 with Master and Berserk. Just have to make sure you stay near it all the time. When my magic refilled, I just spammed Thundaga to get 92.

Got the bronze crown, but have no idea how I'm going to get the other crowns on Critical.

Just to clarify, there's a new new secret ending in this collection somewhere, right? I assume they replaced the "Birth by Sleep" secret ending in KH2FM?

Groof

Can someone remind me how the save system works in BbS? If I go back and do more stuff in another character's save file while playing as someone else, does it affect the other character in any way?

sasuke_91

Can someone remind me how the save system works in BbS? If I go back and do more stuff in another character's save file while playing as someone else, does it affect the other character in any way?
Every character has his own savefile which does not affect the others other than the journal on the start screen.
You basically have to do some stuff thrice to complete the game 100% :p

Groof

Every character has his own savefile which does not affect the others other than the journal on the start screen.
You basically have to do some stuff thrice to complete the game 100% :p

Bah. Good thing I'm not aiming for 100% then. Can't wait to get through Ven. Aqua is the only character I care about in this game

I don't know if proud bbs is too easy or aqua is too overpowered. I don't even grind and i've had 0 problems.

Also command board is a lot of fun, reminds me of mario party.

sasuke_91

I don't know if proud bbs is too easy or aqua is too overpowered. I don't even grind and i've had 0 problems.

Also command board is a lot of fun, reminds me of mario party.
I play on Critical and only have problems with the final boss. Everything else is pretty easy if you know what you're doing. This definitely feels like one of the easier Kingdom Hearts games.

Command Board really feels a little like Mario Party. Too bad there's no Multiplayer :D

Tsunamo

After seeing Toy Story in the design documents for Kingdom Hearts 1 and realizing it has suffered the same fate as The Jungle Book I really hope 3 will break the curse and we shall get both of them in 3.
Or anything Pixar. Nomura please.

aravuus

Command board is a great distraction from the main game at times while bringing benefits to you later on. It's a clever addition, and it helps pad out the game length a bit.

Command Board was like a solid third of my first (and latest) playthrough's playtime. It was genuinely a lot of fun AND it could be considered grinding to get a lot stronger so yeah, that's a recipe for addiction to me.

I want to say "I wish KH3 will have optional minigames that'll reward you with level ups/abilities/items/whatever that'd make you stronger", but then DDD and its shitfest minigames come to mind.

I play on Critical and only have problems with the final boss. Everything else is pretty easy if you know what you're doing. This definitely feels like one of the easier Kingdom Hearts games.

Command Board really feels a little like Mario Party. Too bad there's no Multiplayer :D
Well, the Command Board is basically based of Square-Enix's series of Fortune Street/Itadaki Street games. Of those, the only one that's been localized is unfortunately just Fortune Street Wii, but that game does have multiplayer though just local multiplayer at this point I believe, since Nintendo Wi-Fi connection has been shut down on DS/Wii games. But in any case, that is a thing that exists, so if you or anyone else are ever looking for something else to scratch that Command Board itch which does have multiplayer, that is an option.

Falk

that puzzling face
Which makes it far less likely that a fan recreation of command board is gonna float, since it'd be in direct competition with a commercial Square Enix product.

:CCCCCCC

Falk

that puzzling face
Gummis in KH2 were in a pretty good spot. Not a total bore, largely optional, some pretty sick rewards.

Falk

that puzzling face
I find the most awkward things amusing (if you couldn't tell by my GAF posting habits)

Everything from how awkwardly stilted Skyrim is, to how socially unacceptable Neptunia/Compile Heart games are, to how bad Sonic 2006 is, to how frustrating herding cats to raid in MMOs was, to grinding platinums, to absurdly stupid minigames like those in FFX, to competitive FPS, I derive (sometimes obtuse, sometimes perverse, sometimes schadenfreude, at myself inclusive) amusement out of it.

Games generally don't make me rage.

Except that one time I was yelling expletives and nearly threw my controller at the screen because Winnie the Pooh, for whatever inexplicable reason prompted by whatever the shit passes for a mass of synapses in that stupid looking head of his, decides to get up and frolick in the path of rolling vegetables in what's a really frustrating minigame with a dumb premise to begin with (Vegetables are rolling down the path because you have to sort them... wha?!)

Spent a good 2 hours on that before I got whatever it was I needed to get for a CoM trophy.

tumblr_msbmt0cc871sfisjso1_250.gif
:)

zeemumu

Made it to the
Terranort
fight on BBS Proud mode. I think I'm gonna go back and grind for exp because I can't tell if he's difficult because of the difficulty or if I'm underleveled. He has a combo that I don't seem to be able to escape from so if it hits then I'm basically dead.

I just want the armors of bbs. I've grown to love them a lot.

I love the additions to the lore BBS brought to the table.

I'm hoping that the new people will get their own keyblade armor in 3. It seems like it because all that ties into keyblade transformations, which are shown to be in KH 3 as a mechanic. I assume Sora's will look something like
Xion's armor
in the last boss fight of 358/2 Days.

Groof

Made it to the
Terranort
fight on BBS Proud mode. I think I'm gonna go back and grind for exp because I can't tell if he's difficult because of the difficulty or if I'm underleveled. He has a combo that I don't seem to be able to escape from so if it hits then I'm basically dead.
This was pretty much my experience as well. I went around looking for treasure chests I had missed and levelled on the way. I think I was around 35 when I beat him.

So I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts I and II after getting really excited about Kingdom Hearts III. Finished the first game not too long ago, and I was finally able to beat the optional bosses I couldn't conquer as a kid. Other than that, though, I didn't find that I enjoyed the game as much as I remembered. Every time I got to a new world, the same thing happened. "Aw man, Tarzan?" "Ugh, not Winnie the Pooh." "Damn I hated Atlantica." It basically seemed like I didn't like any of the worlds. I guess I felt like I was constantly going in circles until a cutscene triggered. I still powered through, though, and I am enjoying Kingdom Hearts II so much more. I've played II a lot more than I did I, but I'm appreciating how different it is from the first game.

It's weird asking for advice after all this time, but what's the general consensus on buying items? I'm finding myself hoarding Munny a lot, and I've only bought Donald and Goofy new weapons once in Port Royal. I'm currently at Halloween Town, and nobody has any armor or accessories that I haven't gotten from chests. In fact I don't think Donald and Goofy have anything armor or accessories at all. Is it worth purchasing them? I guess I keep holding off with the mentality that the next world will have better items that make what I buy now obsolete.

sasuke_91

So I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts I and II after getting really excited about Kingdom Hearts III. Finished the first game not too long ago, and I was finally able to beat the optional bosses I couldn't conquer as a kid. Other than that, though, I didn't find that I enjoyed the game as much as I remembered. Every time I got to a new world, the same thing happened. "Aw man, Tarzan?" "Ugh, not Winnie the Pooh." "Damn I hated Atlantica." It basically seemed like I didn't like any of the worlds. I guess I felt like I was constantly going in circles until a cutscene triggered. I still powered through, though, and I am enjoying Kingdom Hearts II so much more. I've played II a lot more than I did I, but I'm appreciating how different it is from the first game.

It's weird asking for advice after all this time, but what's the general consensus on buying items? I'm finding myself hoarding Munny a lot, and I've only bought Donald and Goofy new weapons once in Port Royal. I'm currently at Halloween Town, and nobody has any armor or accessories that I haven't gotten from chests. In fact I don't think Donald and Goofy have anything armor or accessories at all. Is it worth purchasing them? I guess I keep holding off with the mentality that the next world will have better items that make what I buy now obsolete.

I never bought any items in KH2. You have to forge good weapons and armor.

Wtf with Terra's visions of the future, in his first visit to the
keyblade graveyard
? Is this because of master xehanort's influence?

Top Bottom