• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't like the blatant idiocy on display, really. "We need to get vegetables to make vegetable juice to help Pooh get unstuck! Oh wait no! Why is Tigger bouncing all over the vegetables?! WHY NOW?????"

I used to like Winnie the Pooh as a kid. Used to. My childhood is ruined.

(And yes, they weren't exactly the brightest bunch in the source material either. I'm aware)

iosefe

I don't like the blatant idiocy on display, really. "We need to get vegetables to make vegetable juice to help Pooh get unstuck! Oh wait no! Why is Tigger bouncing all over the vegetables?! WHY NOW?????"

I used to like Winnie the Pooh as a kid. Used to. My childhood is ruined.

(And yes, they weren't exactly the brightest bunch in the source material either. I'm aware)
What your thoughts on the baseball flash game?

Falk

that puzzling face
J3goAyw.gif

what baseball flash game

Groof

Okay so I need a bit of help with the final
Vanitas
fight with Ventus. The first part is easy enough
but when you get to the bit where you're D-Linked with him I don't get what I'm supposed to do. I sometimes get quick time events and I'm guessing I need to get enough of those? But how do I activate them?

sasuke_91

I don't get how BbS can still have framerate problems on the PS3.

Oh and FUCK the cannons in Deep Space.

Fuck Deep Space in general. My least favourite world in Bbs.

Okay so I need a bit of help with the final
Vanitas
fight with Ventus. The first part is easy enough
but when you get to the bit where you're D-Linked with him I don't get what I'm supposed to do. I sometimes get quick time events and I'm guessing I need to get enough of those? But how do I activate them?
When he uses his Focus attack, use that spiral attack (no idea what it's called in English) so your attacks clash (that's how you activate the QTE). Then head to the back of the screen, use your own Focus attack and hope that he'll attack you. That's how I did it. You have to fill that special attack bar to beat him.

No idea how to explain it propery, I just hope you understood^^

Groof

Fuck Deep Space in general. My least favourite world in Bbs.

When he uses his Focus attack, use that spiral attack (no idea what it's called in English) so your attacks clash (that's how you activate the QTE). Then head to the back of the screen, use your own Focus attack and hope that he'll attack you. That's how I did it. You have to fill that special attack bar to beat him.

No idea how to explain it propery, I just hope you understood^^
Hmm yeah I think I got it. I'll try it out in a bit :) thanks!

edit: i can really not get the timings down. he kills me way too fast!

edit2: i did it! Thanks for the strategy :D

Just got to the keyblade inheritance ceremony of riku, and i have to say, i love this game.

I can't wait to see how will terra react ro riku as the master he is now, after all this years.

Falk

that puzzling face
No, spoilers at the end of BBS

Imagine if Terra sees Rikuansemterranort and flips out because "wtf why do you look like me what have I done"

Hachitora

terranort
still kicking my ass. His super armor during his attacks keeps me from taking him on head on.
I never had problems with a BBS boss fight as much as I did with this one. I had to go back and grind a bit for magic, and even then I had trouble. It took a while to figure out a good strategy to fight him.
She's also my favourite, along with Roxas.
Aqua is also one of my favorites, but I have a bias for Xion. I kinda liked her tragic story

zeemumu

I never had problems with a BBS boss fight as much as I did with this one. I had to go back and grind a bit for magic, and even then I had trouble. It took a while to figure out a good strategy to fight him.

Well the thing is if you try to fight him directly he'll destroy you because he has a really inconsistent stagger. I've started waiting for him to attack so I can use counter hammer but sometimes the hit doesn't register and I get caught in whatever combo he was starting when I activated the combo. The only useful command attacks are dash and magic ones.

Hachitora

Well the thing is if you try to fight him directly he'll destroy you because he has a really inconsistent stagger. I've started waiting for him to attack so I can use counter hammer but sometimes the hit doesn't register and I get caught in whatever combo he was starting when I activated the combo. The only useful command attacks are dash and magic ones.

Yeah sometimes the stun from counter hammer wouldn't work for me, and that screwed me over. My main strategy was block combos, dash around when he's in the floor, and use my shotlock during his meteor attack for the invincibility frames. And my command deck was filled with curaga, lol. I had one or two strong attack commands

zeemumu

Yeah sometimes the stun from counter hammer wouldn't work for me, and that screwed me over. My main strategy was block combos, dash around when he's in the floor, and use my shotlock during his meteor attack for the invincibility frames. And my command deck was filled with curaga, lol. I had one or two strong attack commands

That was my first plan. He teleports if I try to shotlock during the meteor so i hAve to eat it. I just got Sonic blade so I'm hoping that I'll be too fast to hit.

zeemumu

I like Aqua but in the grand scheme of the plot she doesn't have a lot of importance. Maybe she'll die and it'll cause
Terra to get so pissed that he'll force out Xehanort's heart.

It sucks that Zack is most likely dead in the present day KH universe since Cloud is there. He and Terra will never get that rematch.

At least he became a hero. I wish they'd tell the KH version of that story but it'd require a BBS KH1 midquel.

sasuke_91

What's that attack called where you attack him and he drops a lot of HP and Money? It's called "Überraschung 2" in German I think. That's what I used against him because you can't be touched while you have to input the three buttons and you also get some HP back.
Other than that I used the same strategy. A lot of Curaga and blocking his attacks after dashing through the stage.

I like Aqua but in the grand scheme of the plot she doesn't have a lot of importance. Maybe she'll die and it'll cause
Terra to get so pissed that he'll force out Xehanort's heart.

It sucks that Zack is most likely dead in the present day KH universe since Cloud is there. He and Terra will never get that rematch.

At least he became a hero. I wish they'd tell the KH version of that story but it'd require a BBS KH1 midquel.

Doubt he'll kill her tbh (besides from the fact no one dies on KH), she's been gone, wandering the realm between for too much time.

She'll come back and it'll be glorious. Aqua <3

Hachitora

That particular boss fight is one of the few bosses in the series (besides super bosses) where I actually needed to make a strategy because of how difficult it is. The only other boss I can think off where I did this was the
Hollow Bastion Riku fight
in KH1. Granted, this is off the top of my head so there are probably more.

Falk

that puzzling face
They had one job. To make a 60fps YT video.

No comment otherwise. Very, very iffy proposition considering the existence of a commercial HD remaster. Pulling the music from the remaster, on top of that, would be akin to banging a gong in front of a megaphone as far as getting a C&D is concerned

botty

Banned
What if Kingdom Hearts 3 retcons Dream Drop Distance? Sora wakes up and tells Kairi he's being having weird dreams of time travel and plot holes. That's how Kingdom Harts 3 should open.

Golnei

Anyone who has even a passing familiarity with the FF7 canon would know that Cloud hatched from an egg laid in Zack's decomposing corpse.

Top Bottom