• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

Somehow I couldn't see them bothering to. I mean I know FFX PS4 has crosssave, but have they even bothered to patchout the issues the PS4 version has yet?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yo I mean Type-0 HD got a patch and it's nowhere near as popular a game as FFX

Right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

zeemumu

What's with the DDD hate? I just finished it for the first time and I for one fucking loved the game.

Cannot wait for KH3.

I think most of the hate is focused at the platforming mechanics. The level design was good but didn't take the flowmotion into account most of the time so you could traverse most levels using that instead of the normal path. Outside of that I don't really have a problem with it. It was an impressive game, especially for a portable game.

katkombat

Banned
I think most of the hate is focused at the platforming mechanics. The level design was good but didn't take the flowmotion into account most of the time so you could traverse most levels using that instead of the normal path. Outside of that I don't really have a problem with it. It was an impressive game, especially for a portable game.

Still better than KH1's. I feel like the level design accommodates for the flowmotion travel, and I liked the flow motion. My main complaint has to do with being underleveled by the end, which had never happened in a KH game to me. Was I dreaming or was flowmotion confirmed for KH3?

My hate has to do with the platform.

I played it on an OG 3DS with no complaints to be honest. I would LOVE an HD remaster and would gladly replay it again. As long as I can transfer my 1.5 and 2.5 saves to a potential ps4 port of both games, I will buy it DAY ONE.

Nah, that was something that I personally loved about DDD. Platforming has always sucked in Kingdom Hearts and the vast majority of the "come back later when you have this certain ability" chests in the games were never worth the effort of actually doing so, so being able to kill two birds with one stone and circumvent the platforming and just be able to get all the chests in one go by using Flowmotion to chain infinite wall-kicks was pretty great, IMO. Of course, I seem to be in the minority on that one from what I've gathered, but yeah, I loved Flowmotion for that reason.

What I didn't like about DDD were the Dream Eaters. Specifically, leveling them up and how all of Sora's/Riku's abilities are tied to the stupid things. It's just not fun and killed any amount of replayability the game might have had for me. Which is a shame, since I really loved a lot of their designs and stuff (and like I said, I actually loved stuff like the Flomotion system itself and also stuff like having the ability to control Riku again and a good number of the worlds), but having them be the progression system for Riku/Sora and having their own progression system just be terrible instead of them just being the equivalent of party members (in other words, just having their own shit, not connected to Riku's/Sora's at all) really put me off.

Other than that, my complaints would be more minor stuff like how despite the apparent myriad of options the game gave you there really was no reason to not just get as many Balloonga as possible and spam it as much as possible, since it's just that good in this game (though it's still fun messing with all of that other stuff anyway, which is why it's not too much of a problem). But yeah, mostly for me it just comes down to the Dream Eaters. Ugh...

sasuke_91

I finally beat Data Xemnas. Such an annoying enemy :/

Lingering Will is a different kind of enemy. And I don't mean this in a good way. You need a lot of luck to beat him and have to hope that he doesn't lock your commands away and beats you with the attack that kills you instantly if you don't hit the right command.
Every hit he does initiates a combo that you can't escape and that leaves you with 1 HP. Donald and Goofy are obsolte in this battle and only get in the way when I try to lock him down with a combo.

What's the recommended stats for tackling this fight and how the hell were you guys able to beat him :(

Ahnez

I finally beat Data Xemnas. Such an annoying enemy :/

Lingering Will is a different kind of enemy. And I don't mean this in a good way. You need a lot of luck to beat him and have to hope that he doesn't lock your commands away and beats you with the attack that kills you instantly if you don't hit the right command.
Every hit he does initiates a combo that you can't escape and that leaves you with 1 HP. Donald and Goofy are obsolte in this battle and only get in the way when I try to lock him down with a combo.

What's the recommended stats for tackling this fight and how the hell were you guys able to beat him :(

I fought him until learning how to avoid every one of his attacks

I don't remember the stats, but every one of his attacks caused more damage than my max hp, so my def was not very high

Also, Full Bloom+ are your friends :p

sasuke_91

I fought him until learning how to avoid every one of his attacks

I don't remember the stats, but every one of his attacks caused more damage than my max hp, so my def was not very high

Also, Full Bloom+ are your friends :p
I googled a bit and found a "loop trick" or something, I won't use it though.

I have 2 Full Bloom+, might have to get another one.
My defense is extremely high (104), but he still "kills me" with every attack/combo. I don't think there's any way to avoid that, he was probably designed that way. My attack is at 74.
What keyblade should I have equipped? I have the one I got in Halloween Town that gives you Combo-Boost. Is that the best one?

Ahnez

I googled a bit and found a "loop trick" or something, I won't use it though.

I have 2 Full Bloom+, might have to get another one.
My defense is extremely high (104), but he still "kills me" with every attack/combo. I don't think there's any way to avoid that, he was probably designed that way. My attack is at 74.
What keyblade should I have equipped? I have the one I got in Halloween Town that gives you Combo-Boost. Is that the best one?
The decisive pumpkin is one of the best keyblades in the game, it helps a lot

But due to how hard it is to dodge his attacks and how much I used healing magic, I used Ultima :p

sasuke_91

The decisive pumpkin is one of the best keyblades in the game, it helps a lot

But due to how hard it is to dodge his attacks and how much I used healing magic, I used Ultima :p
Yeah Ultima might help.

That asshole just combined two attacks D:
He trapped me with the attack where I have to hit the right command to get released. I usually take my time to get it right because it instantly kills you. He got behind me though and attacked and killed me.
What is everyone talking about? How is this the most well designed boss in the game? >_<

So i just beat BBS for the first time ever (2.5 collection) and... what a great game that was!

This is now probably my favorite KH game tied with the first one(originality factor) and by far the most fun i have ever had with a KH battle system :)

Since Re:Coded is also on 2.5, and i have never played that, is it worth giving it a shot or can i safely skip it and just stick to the "main spinoffs" like BBS, DDD, etc? What is it about story wise?

Banzai

Yeah Ultima might help.

That asshole just combined two attacks D:
He trapped me with the attack where I have to hit the right command to get released. I usually take my time to get it right because it instantly kills you. He got behind me though and attacked and killed me.
What is everyone talking about? How is this the most well designed boss in the game? >_<

yeah you should absolutely avoid the bow attack at all costs. WIth this boss I feel it's like either you don't get hit at all and win or you lose.

sasuke_91

Since Re:Coded is also on 2.5, and i have never played that, is it worth giving it a shot or can i safely skip it and just stick to the "main spinoffs" like BBS, DDD, etc? What is it about story wise?

It's just the cutscenes, so you can watch them if you want to know about the story.
Most of the cutscenes can be skipped though. The only ones that are somewhat important are the ones in Castle Oblivion and the Secret Ending.

yeah you should absolutely avoid the bow attack at all costs. WIth this boss I feel it's like either you don't get hit at all and win or you lose.

That's the problem I got with him. One hit and I have to use Vita, but by the time I heal myself he already starts a new attack, getting me to 1 HP again. I go into a form to get my HP/MP back, go back and get caught in another attack. And the loop continues.
Maybe I can't complain because I play on Critical and I actually do a lot of damage (one combo takes two bars), but I can't bring myself to start and like this battle. My favourite boss battle would still be against Data Roxas.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's just the cutscenes, so you can watch them if you want to know about the story.
Most of the cutscenes can be skipped though. The only ones that are somewhat important are the ones in Castle Oblivion and the Secret Ending.

Who doesn't want to see fake Sora repeatedly attacking evil cubes in all the KH1 worlds?!?!

Who doesn't want to see fake Sora repeatedly attacking evil cubes in all the KH1 worlds?!?!

The game actually doesn't have a horrible rating on a lot of sites, but i take it it really is awful and not worth my time then i guess.. (If it's just cutscenes on 2.5 i guess that will suffice and i won't have to track down the DS game)

Falk

that puzzling face
The original DS game (which is a remake of an episodic phone game) wasn't BAD. It was just a lot of re-treading. I mean, given the distance of a few years it was a fun refresher on the stuff that happens in KH1, even if it's told differently, the way the CoM visits are different.

What makes it a little tedious in the collections is the fact that the time-gap (player experience, not in-universe) between KH1 and Coded (and CoM) is much shorter, so the repetition gets a lot more pronounced.

I'm not even going to joke that there's going to be a spin-off game after KH3 that revisits through KH1, then CoM, then Coded (hence KH1 and CoM again) because knowing Murphy's Law that'll probably happen.

And It'll be on Wonderswan.

The original DS game (which is a remake of an episodic phone game) wasn't BAD. It was just a lot of re-treading. I mean, given the distance of a few years it was a fun refresher on the stuff that happens in KH1, even if it's told differently, the way the CoM visits are different.

What makes it a little tedious in the collections is the fact that the time-gap (player experience, not in-universe) between KH1 and Coded (and CoM) is much shorter, so the repetition gets a lot more pronounced.

I'm not even going to joke that there's going to be a spin-off game after KH3 that revisits through KH1, then CoM, then Coded (hence KH1 and CoM again) because knowing Murphy's Law that'll probably happen.

Ok wait i am confused here kinda... Isn't KH 1 on the 1.5 collection and Coded on the 2.5 collection? Meaning that if you only own ONE (like me who only has 2.5) you would then NOT get hit as hard by said repetition? I played KH1 over 8 years ago or so and barely remember stuff from that so it might make sense to give it a spin now hmmm...

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm talking about 1.5 and 2.5 being released a year apart, as opposed to KH1 and re:Coded being released 9 years (well... 6) apart.

I'm talking about 1.5 and 2.5 being released a year apart, as opposed to KH1 and re:Coded being released 9 years (well... 6) apart.

Oh ok, yeah that makes more sense :)

Generally speaking though, the KH series has always been about repetition kind of... at least in BBS i felt that the parts of the world and the story of each character as their respective battle systems were different ENOUGH to not make you feel too bored by playing what is essentially the same game 3 times

Time to make a thread titled "RUMOR: Insider reveals Kingdom Hearts 3 spin-off in the works"!

zeemumu

I'm still excited that D23 Anaheim is gonna have some Kingdom Hearts stuff but I don't know if I should just read the reveals at home or buy another ticket and go.

Oh ok, yeah that makes more sense :)

Generally speaking though, the KH series has always been about repetition kind of... at least in BBS i felt that the parts of the world and the story of each character as their respective battle systems were different ENOUGH to not make you feel too bored by playing what is essentially the same game 3 times

IMO they nailed that in BBS. I didn't feel bored at all in any of the 3 campaigns, though, i enjoy the game's story so that could be a decisive point.

thatjesushair

Neo Member
I almost fell asleep while watching it.

It's legitimately the most boring KH thing ever created. Then again this isn't surprising, since the gameplay was pretty much the only good thing about Re:coded.

Wasn't Coded specifically created to just tell the story of KH1 on mobile phones in Japan?

Wish they could've just done the 3DS game in movie form...........

Re:Coded ''movie'' is so baaaad :d

I feel like someone needs to do a fan cut of the essential Theater Mode scenes for Re:CoM, Days, and Re:coded. There are a few plot thread, lore gems, and thematic bits that are really great at setting the stage for sequels, but at least 50% of the scenes in each (and a full 85% of the Re:coded scenes) are completely unnecessary.

Falk

that puzzling face
People asked for battle cutscenes, and got battle cutscenes. :V

(yes yes fighting a bunch of cubes for the #2374th time is very entertaining)

zeemumu

I had the biggest smile on my face when the part at 1:13 began.

Goddamn, where is DDD Final Mix HD

DDD also had the best intro since KH2. I actually like it a bit more than KH2's intro. If they do a Final Mix on the consoles, I wonder if they'll keep the split-screen effect.

Top Bottom