• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

Young Xehanort is the worst villian design (by KH standards), and most uninteresting of them all. I'd be very disappointed if old master xehanort has no relevance on kh3.

This wouldn't have been a problem if
they hadn't made Terranort reform into Master Xehanort for no reason. Riku Ansem reformed as Ansem because he just needed a body. But Xehanort specifically took Terra because of his physical form.

spunodi

Yo dawg we heard you like Xehanorts...

Could anybody clear this up for me? In the KH3 most recent trailer we have seemingly Eraqus and Xehanort playing chess at around Sora's age.

Does this not contradict Young Xehanort only discovering the worlds beyond Destiny Islands when Master Xehanort goes back in time to him?

Perhaps there's an answer I've missed in the winding lore.

Could anybody clear this up for me? In the KH3 most recent trailer we have seemingly Eraqus and Xehanort playing chess at around Sora's age.

Does this not contradict Young Xehanort only discovering the worlds beyond Destiny Islands when Master Xehanort goes back in time to him?

You can't change whats going to be/events that're going to happen, while you time travel & you lose all memories once you return to your time,your heart still rememebers though. So, Xehanort + Eraqus training under their master still happened as it did before timetravel. At least, that's how I understood it. It's not very consistent imo.

I think Gametrailers did a video on just timetravel as part of their kingdom hearts story series. Maybe check that out.

Edit- Here it is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBPSFSZK8sc

iosefe

i would say he left, then went back one last time before leaving untilt he point in which he takes ventus there

spunodi

Thanks - I think I get the time-travel aspect but it does still feel inconsistent.

Perhaps it will be explained in KH3.

Or, it could be explained in pieces among five different platforms

zeemumu

Thanks - I think I get the time-travel aspect but it does still feel inconsistent.

Perhaps it will be explained in KH3.

Or, it could be explained in pieces among five different platforms

All we know about the time traveling aspect is that after Xehanort regained part of his memory and turned himself and the rest of the organization into heartless/nobodies, his heartless went back in time as nothing but a heart and a brown cloak and told young Xehanort about what would happen, and Young Xehanort went around collecting himself from various time periods, then the last boss battle of DDD happens and they all go back to their own time. Since DDD Young Xehanort doesn't have a keyblade it's likely that all of that happened before the shown teaser. Nothing is really contradicted because we're never told his exact age or how far back Ansem SOD went.

silva1991

I wonder if they will introduce a new enemy type in KH3!

I loved nobodies in KH2, their designs, movement and behavior were so unique and so different from the heartlesses

my favorite nobodies was the dragoon and the dancer

Dancer_KHII.png
Dragoon_KHII.png

fuck this guy though at low level

Berserker_KHII.png

I loved nobodies in KH2, their designs, movement and behavior were so unique and so different from the heartlesses

Dancer_KHII.png
Dragoon_KHII.png

Berserker_KHII.png

those skaters were the most annoying for me. The big guy was fun since you could steal his sword with reactions and pummel him and everybody around you :D.

zeemumu

Dancer_KHII.png
Dragoon_KHII.png

Berserker_KHII.png

Well there's a Nobody specialization for every member of the organization. There are four remaining that we haven't seen excluding Xion because she likely wouldn't have one.

This wouldn't have been a problem if
they hadn't made Terranort reform into Master Xehanort for no reason.

The opening cinematic of KH3D (the "my name is Ansem" scene) heavily implies Terranort was reformed.

The time travel "gather all my selves" mechanics would have resulted in Master Xehanort showing up anyway, and he's most definitely the ringleader of the entire operation.

I'm not fully convinced we can glean the difference in age between KH3 Young Xehanort and KH3D Young Xehanort.

Psxphile

Twilight Thorn isn't considered a high-ranking Nobody? Seemed pretty important, even though it only ever appeared within Roxas' "heart". For that matter, that list intentionally leaves out Dusks and Creepers, probably because they're pretty low-on-the-totem-pole enemy types compared to the others. But they should still count.

Also, the fuck:
The Dancer is a high-ranking Nobody controlled by Demyx that is found in Kingdom Hearts II.
What exactly are they basing that on? If anyone I would have thought they were connected to Larxene. Going by that list, it seems everyone who was offed at Castle Oblivion don't get their own Nobody "familiar" in KHII.

Also, this is the first time I've noticed that the names for most of the Nobodies are references to Final Fantasy jobs.

Twilight Thorn isn't considered a high-ranking Nobody? Seemed pretty important, even though it only ever appeared within Roxas' "heart". For that matter, that list intentionally leaves out Dusks and Creepers, probably because they're pretty low-on-the-totem-pole enemy types compared to the others. But they should still count.

Also, the fuck:

What exactly are they basing that on? If anyone I would have thought they were connected to Larxene. Going by that list, it seems everyone who was offed at Castle Oblivion don't get their own Nobody "familiar" in KHII.

Also, this is the first time I've noticed that the names for most of the Nobodies are references to Final Fantasy jobs.

I believe the source was the journal in KH2, iirc

aravuus

Was water dance the move where you gotta kill a bunch of water somethings in a couple of seconds or you lose? Always hated that move, not because it's hard but because it makes no fucking sense. Fuck insta-kill moves that don't make sense at all.

zeemumu

Twilight Thorn's supposed to be a boss, so I don't think he counts. They just needed the Nobody counterpart of Darkside.

Psxphile

Twilight Thorn's supposed to be a boss, so I don't think he counts. They just needed the Nobody counterpart of Darkside.

So is Specter, who's included in the list:

Marluxia_%28Second_Form%29_KHCoM.png

Though you're right that TT was created to be a parallel of Darkside. But at least you could fight Darkside in the real world. TT got the shaft in that regard.

Seda

haha, when I took on the post-game version of Demyx, after his 99 clone spam at the end I must have finished with a split second to spare.

I stood up and loudly proclaimed FUCK YOU DEMYX

botty

Banned
Does Specter even have a journal entry? I don't feel like it's an actual nobody, and moreso just a manifestation of Marluxia's power.

hi first post here

i not really sure what else to say but i really like KH series and i this seemed like the best place to make my first post

Any recent news or rumors about Hikaru Utada recording a new song for KH III?

I loved Simple and Clean / Hikari and Sanctuary / Passion, a new song for KH III would be awesome.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If Dream Drop Distance Final Mix HD is ever made, what should they add/improve?

More superbosses: While Julius was cool, there needed to be more. It felt like Vanilla KH2 all over again.
Make Stat Abilities permanent: You know how awesome you felt when you got every ability in Birth by Sleep? Felt like a powerhouse! Why should the stat abilities be connected to the Dream Eaters when Sora and Riku's goal is to become similar powerhouses?
Easier Link Points: The grinding was a pain.
"No Dream Eater mode": Think of it as an additional challenge (which you can combine with LV1 Critical). They'll still provide stat boosts, but they won't fight with you.

KanameYuuki

I finally decided to start with BbS HD since I spent way too much time with KHII and man the combat it's just as good as I remember and even better now on my tv, it is so addictive, I didn't want to play it either because it is just way too sad : ( I already completed Terra's side and I'm starting to remember everything. Also, final boss was just way to hard for me on the psp ver. I had to fight him literally more than 20 times, but this time he was a push over and it was even on critical this time, last one was normal.

Man no one in this game succeeded, certainly not the good guys and neither the bad guys

More superbosses: While Julius was cool, there needed to be more. It felt like Vanilla KH2 all over again.
Make Stat Abilities permanent: You know how awesome you felt when you got every ability in Birth by Sleep? Felt like a powerhouse! Why should the stat abilities be connected to the Dream Eaters when Sora and Riku's goal is to become similar powerhouses?
"No Dream Eater mode": Think of it as an additional challenge (which you can combine with LV1 Critical). They'll still provide stat boosts, but they won't fight with you.
I would be pretty happy if they bothered to actually balance some of the moves. Balloonga (or was it ra?) completely outclassed any other magic and some of the Riku "drive forms" felt really bad for example.

Also IIRC some Dream Eaters were completely useless.

Golnei

I would be pretty happy if they bothered to actually balance some of the moves. Balloonga (or was it ra?) completely outclassed any other magic and some of the Riku "drive forms" felt really bad for example.

In addition to that, I wouldn't mind seeing Spirit versions of some of the bosses, possibly as rewards for beating some of the hypothetical new superbosses - versions of Anti Black Coat, Nightmare Ventus and Rinzler would probably work best. Also, at least one TWEWY character would have to be a boss at some point; if the game weren't so rushed I think it would have been inevitable in the original release to begin with. Ideally, they'd also be able to add in a Cavern of Remembrance-esque extra area, as well...

A more balanced Flowmotion system similar to their stated goal for KH3 would be nice as well, but it'd probably require too much in terms of redesigning levels around gradually expanding abilities. Also; just as an aesthetic concern, it always bothered me that Sora and Riku shared so many keyblades...

Tbh the only way i was able to beat Ventus Nightmare on critical was spamming balloonra and then flowmotion-jumping to avoid death.

Top Bottom