• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Slaythe

What is X, again? Chi? All I know is that it's apparently a mobile game that may or may not get localized? Does it have critical story elements? Is it actually fun to play?

Cause I want more KH

Bummer

It's the remake of Chi on Iphone and Android.

It's a free to play game with extremely cute graphics, you collect character pins, that grant you an ability, you have different levels for the pins and different grades.

The cool thing is that any pin can, in theory, become an ultimate pin, you just need to spend time on it to get the required material.

Which is good because most F2P just tell you to go F* yourself if you didn't get the "super duper rare card right off the bat !" .

Pretty fun gameplay (even though i'm still waiting to meet proper bosses from the worlds), and has tons of customizing elements, from hairstyle, to clothes (just got Riku's outfit from KH3D !)

It's in japanese so far , so no idea about the story, they said it deals with the keyblade wielders before the keyblade war.

I'm not sure if this will ever have online, they said they will keep patching the game for a while.

Look how cute this is :

11dd121922f085ecf58d020b57756630.png

aravuus

It's the remake of Chi on Iphone and Android.

It's a free to play game with extremely cute graphics, you collect character pins, that grant you an ability, you have different levels for the pins and different grades.

The cool thing is that any pin can, in theory, become an ultimate pin, you just need to spend time on it to get the required material.

Which is good because most F2P just tell you to go F* yourself if you didn't get the "super duper rare card right off the bat !" .

Pretty fun gameplay (even though i'm still waiting to meet proper bosses from the worlds), and has tons of customizing elements, from hairstyle, to clothes (just got Riku's outfit from KH3D !)

It's in japanese so far , so no idea about the story, they said it deals with the keyblade wielders before the keyblade war.

I'm not sure if this will ever have online, they said they will keep patching the game for a while.

Look how cute this is :

Oh alright, sounds pretty neat

Hope I'll be able to play it in English some day

And yeah, I love how fucking smug the character on the left is lmao

Falk

that puzzling face
Wasn't the game officially announced for english already ?

I could've swore they had it planned for release alongside JP.

I actually better avoid saying anything specific about any Kingdom Hearts game pertaining to release till it's released lol

Tsunamo

The existence of 2.9 dates back to that leaked E3 list which never ended up showing it (which from memory also had vanilla Chi on it, or it might have just meant unchained) so i'm pretty confident on it being legit now.

The platforms being PS3 and PS4 make me have no idea what it is though, obviously it'll have DDD but what else could they put on there? Console port of Chi? New scenario leading up to 3 (even if short), BbSv2?
let me dream we'll get it afterall
3 bundled in demo like XV? (not sure how they'd work that for PS3 though, maybe PS4 only) Attraction Flow's mentioned so unless they're changing up DDD way more than I thought it has to be something leading into/related to 3.

Also Pixar worlds being confirmed early for 3 is nice. Gummi ships i'm a bit iffy on, but hey they've only been in every numbered installment and improved so i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Also on the topic of Unchained for a free to play game i'm really impressed with how microtransactions aren't forced on you, you can use 100 of the games main currency (buys orbs, gives you more medals to battle with, you get 150 for clearing some missions and usually as a daily login bonus 50 so it's easy to get) to get all your ap back, missions only slowly require more to do them the further along you get in the game, but as you upgrade your avatars clothing HP upgrades and extra AP come with it, so I started with like 20 AP and now i'm on 37. And leveling up resets your AP back to maximum so it really balances out well with not having you being forced to pay anything if you don't want to.
When it comes to the story told in Chi so far, it's really not all that in-depth. It introduces a few new characters/concepts & maybe hints somewhat vaguely at what kind of story threads KHIII will have, but overall so far it's not even nearly as important as other spin-offs like Birth By Sleep, Chain of Memories or Dream Drop Distance and is more in the realm of Coded.

Currently, all that it does is introduce the Foretellers & the Book of Prophecy, sheds a tiny bit more light on the Keyblade War and hints at Xehanort's (or someone somehow assosiated with him) role in all of it. If Foretellers are introduced to KHIII, Sora & Co will need to have them explained, so that's not much of a problem for people who haven't played Chi. If the book of prophecy is important for KHIII's story, that will also need additional exposition in KHIII as to how it relates to KHIII's story and not just its role in the Keyblade War. The Keyblade War stuff itself is nothing deep, just a bit more background info about it. And why a certain seen-in-the-future Keyblade looks like it does and how it ties to the Foretellers is also something that will likely be revealed or much expanded upon in KHIII rather than something that will be thoroughly explained in Chi and left without much explaining in III.

And Chi's whole deal about
Dream Eaters
will possibly just tie Dream Drop Distance, Chi & III's events more closely together, but unless Chi totally ramps up its storytelling, it's not something that will leave a lot people, who haven't played the game, completely in the dark.

I mean, if this stuff is as important to KHIII as Nomura implies, then most of it will need to be expanded upon & explored with a lot more depth in KHIII itself. Chi might introduce these important characters & other stuff, but if they are to be brought into the "future" somehow, their existence/relevance does need to be explained, and that explanation will have to include some kind of briefing as to what/who they are.

So far Chi is more like how Coded teased the return of MX & the Mark of Mastery that were then more thoroughly handled in DDD, which made Coded almost obsolete from a story POV because all of it was explained a lot better. I see the same happening with Chi. It explains the origins of the Keyblade War and introduces some characters & concepts that might be important for KHIII somehow, but to have those characters/concepts be important in KHIII, their existence/importance in the NOW will have to be explained and that will likely have to include some kind of explanation as to who they were in the past.

Take something like the Book of Prophecy. Ok, Chi players already know it exists and will have a rough idea what it is, but if they are to introduce it as some kind of important piece of KHIII's story, they'll need to justify it somehow and that justification will likely include some kind of explanation as to what the Book of Prophecy even is. So people won't be left in the dark too much vs. Chi players. Sora won't just suddenly start talking about the Book of Prophecy in KHIII as if we should know what it is. Some villain might mention it first before it is explained and that's when Chi players will have a slight advantage in knowing roughly what they are talking about, but there will surely be a point in the game where Sora & Co will get an explanation as to what the BoP is (if it's important to the story).
Yeah you're probably right. I'd say it'll add on more to the lore and do a bit more worldbuilding than coded did by the end though.

Shun

I remember in Kingdom Hearts I, II, and Birth By Sleep there was a feature where you could look up the panties of certain characters. By adjusting your camera at an angle you could take panty shots and ass shots of whichever character you want.

I wonder if Kingdom Hearts III will have a free moving camera. It's a feature I would very much like to return.

Forreal tho they should add a camera and photo mode. I love that Wind Waker has it and a lot of modern games have it as a fun feature. Mind as well for Kingdom Hearts.

Psxphile

I remember in Kingdom Hearts I, II, and Birth By Sleep there was a feature where you could look up the panties of certain characters. By adjusting your camera at an angle you could take panty shots and ass shots of whichever character you want.

I wonder if Kingdom Hearts III will have a free moving camera. It's a feature I would very much like to return.

Forreal tho they should add a camera and photo mode. I love that Wind Waker has it and a lot of modern games have it as a fun feature. Mind as well for Kingdom Hearts.

sgMPYGM.gif

Shun

I mean haven't you wondered what Hercules wears under his skirt? Briefs, a fundoshi, loincloth? Or is it just a void of pitch black?

Do these characters have a properly rendered and modelled butt?

Asking the important questions here.

I find the 1-2 star ratings on the App Store for Kingdom Hearts x to be hilarious.

Famassu

The existence of 2.9 dates back to that leaked E3 list which never ended up showing it (which from memory also had vanilla Chi on it, or it might have just meant unchained) so i'm pretty confident on it being legit now.
Actually, Kingdom Hearts 2.9 is something me and some other posters have been speculating could be a thing for a long time now. See:

I'm up for KH: DDD HD if it's going to happens.

I wonder if Square-Enix are trying to build up the hype for Kingdom Heart 3

Kingdom Heart 1.5 - 2013
Kingdom Heart 2.5 - 2014
Kingdom Heart 2.9 (or DDD HD) - 2015
Kingdom Heart 3 - 2016

Kingdom Hearts 2.9

If they want to optimize sales for KH3, 1.5 and 2.5 have to come out on the PS4 and the Xbox One, I totally see that happening. If DDD HD came out, it would be on current gen consoles, it would be nice to call it Kingdom Hearts HD 2.9 ReMIX and bundle DDD HD with KH X (Chi) and maybe a sort of prologue to KH3, but that would be a dream come true xD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146744546&postcount=137

(if you want to see dates and are browsing on a PC, click the little rightward icon to get to the posts in question in their original threads)

This post by Mario007 was posted as early as in December 2013 :D

Wait for the inevitable KH 2.9 Final Mix Super International Definite Edition on ps4 in 2015 containing KH 1.5 and 2.5 with DDD remastered.
the problem is I woudl most definitely buy it :(

Psxphile

Kingdom Hearts 2.9

Special Features

• Features 8 minutes of new footage, including extended action sequences
  • Sneak Peek of Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Introduction with Tetsuya Nomura and Tai Yasue
  • Interactive 'Kingdom Glossary' with all-new terms and definitions
  • Inside 2.9 - Featurette on the new scenes
  • Keybearers: The Art of Storyboarding
  • Exclusive Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer and link to pre-order online

Shun

It's literally Kingdom Hearts 3.0 - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2.

That's how they' named Kingdom Hearts 2.8. I fucking can't take this.

😂😭😂😭😂😭😂😭

Tsunamo

Please tell me Chi is a console port and not a movie hinting at something happening in Chi Unchained.

Please tell me this is a bigger BBSv2 and not just a redo of A Fragmentary Passage with nothing new in the 3 engine.

Please tell me Nomura doesn't make up the craziest names.

Please tell me Chi is a console port and not a movie hinting at something happening in Chi Unchained.

Please tell me this is a bigger BBSv2 and not just a redo of A Fragmentary Passage with nothing new in the 3 engine.

Please tell me Nomura doesn't make up the craziest names.
Back Cover is a movie

BBSv2 is a 1 hour long game like MGS GZ

Nomura doesn't give a shit

tumblr_inline_nuovbbt1YU1rj77d2_500.gif

sasuke_91

It's literally Kingdom Hearts 3.0 - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2.

That's how they' named Kingdom Hearts 2.8. I fucking can't take this.

😂😭😂😭😂😭😂😭

Hahaha I didn't even think of this.
SE did the maths, can't blame them.

I will be very disappointed and scarred for life if this is not a hint to BbSv2. I won't be able to trust Sqeenix anymore... it's going to FFXIII trilogy-esque hate-mode all over again!

I can't think of any other series where fans can guess the title and end up being off by a tenth.

I love this thread sometimes xD

Psxphile

Finally, volume two. Was expecting them to rehash PS2-era graphics engine (remastered, of course) to make it. Using Unreal Engine 4 for it is a surprise. Pretty sure I called them going Ground Zeroes with it much earlier in the thread (feels like a year now).

Dream Drop Distance not having Final Mix attached to the name doesn't preclude it from not having additional content tacked on, but it does raise the suspicion that it will be more or less a direct remaster of the 3DS version (minus some features, I guess)

Dream Drop Distance not having Final Mix attached to the name doesn't preclude it from not having additional content tacked on, but it does raise the suspicion that it will be more or less a direct remaster of the 3DS version (minus some features, I guess)

At the very least, I expect EXP Zero to be rebalanced. They did it for for Birth by Sleep HD, and it needs it just as badly as that did. The touchscreen features from the 3DS will probably be moved to the touchpad. I don't expect Dream Eaters to be touched at all, but it'd be nice if they increased the amount of LP gained through battling, as Water Barrel was far too tedious for it's own good.

I think out of all of the remixes, DDD will benefit the most from the resolution and framerate boosts. Getting killed by an attack from offscreen was far too common in the 3DS version thanks to the cramped screen, and it was the one KH game where the framerate drops actually proved detrimental to gameplay, especially on the higher difficulties. (Sora's mid game boss rush in Traverse Town on Critical Mode being the best example of what happens when the two above issues combine.) Friend Portals are likely getting axed. Flick Rush is probably going to be singleplayer only.

It'd be neat if we got a new optional boss or 60fps, but I don't expect either. I think at most, we'll get an extra scene or two.

Seda

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Prologue Chapter
  • Kingdom Hearts [Dream Drop Distance] HD
  • Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –
these names square pls
day one probably

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Prologue Chapter
  • Kingdom Hearts [Dream Drop Distance] HD
  • Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –
these names square pls
day one probably
I get how Back Cover's supposed to be a cute little reference to the back cover of a book, where you'll get a brief little synopsis of what it's about, but... just, no. No Square, it sounds loony.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Day one definitely.

zeemumu

Maybe they should announce the release date for the NA region before they announce that they're making a movie version for this.

Tsunamo

I feel like if they are trying to make these collections for newcomers to get into the franchise they couldn't do a worse job :lol.
It's funny how on the right track they were with 1.5 and 2.5, with Nomura saying 3 was next (though I think we all saw DDDHD coming before then), and now it feels like it's turned into a cluster of games again.

Wouldn't have it any other way, day 1 Japanese import

Top Bottom