• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Psxphile

Flowmotion Lover: Use Flowmotion 723 times

Dream Eater Master: Collect all Dream eaters

Dream Eater Champion: Fully level every Dream eater

Dropper: Drop 627 times

Dream Eater fashionista: change the color of a dream eater 338 times

I await the '2.8 trophies are up' thread with all the enthusiasm of a fly on a web as it tearfully dreads its gradually advancing fate...

Falk

that puzzling face
Flowmotion Lover: Use Flowmotion 723 times

Dream Eater Master: Collect all Dream eaters

Dream Eater Champion: Fully level every Dream eater

Dropper: Drop 627 times

Dream Eater fashionista: change the color of a dream eater 338 times

i don't like kingdom hearts anymore

zeemumu

CWdw-DvWUAYr6ZP.jpg

Fingers crossed

hey guys you know how there's one foreteller that like wasn't worthy or some shit

and you know how the only one that's missing from those 2 trios is sora

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hey guys you know how there's one foreteller that like wasn't worthy or some shit

and you know how the only one that's missing from those 2 trios is sora

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The fact that I know nothing of what you're saying tells me I've gotten lost in the story. No idea whats going on anymore.

The fact that I know nothing of what you're saying tells me I've gotten lost in the story. No idea whats going on anymore.
spoilers:
if it means anything, the fact that the voices of Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, and Aqua are also the voices of the five foretellers could be pretty important since Kingdom Hearts games often have a "Trio" or a group of three friends (Sora, Riku, Kairi and Roxas, Axel, Xion and finally Terra, Ventus, Aqua) and Sora doesn't voice any of the foretellers BUT there's supposed to be this one other guy who was banished or wasn't given a book whatever. This could mean that Sora might be connected to the 6th foreteller. You know, because he's the only left from those two groups and there's another foreteller? lol
If I've played all the released English games, am I supposed to know what a foreteller is?
well..technically no since they were introduced in kh chi but the book of prophecies was mentioned by maleficent in kh RE:Coded: The Movie.

spoilers:
if it means anything, the fact that the voices of Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, and Aqua are also the voices of the five foretellers could be pretty important since Kingdom Hearts games often have a "Trio" or a group of three friends (Sora, Riku, Kairi and Roxas, Axel, Xion and finally Terra, Ventus, Aqua) and Sora doesn't voice any of the foretellers BUT there's supposed to be this one other guy who was banished or wasn't given a book whatever. This could mean that Sora might be connected to the 6th foreteller. You know, because he's the only left from those two groups and there's another foreteller? lol

well..technically no since they were introduced in kh chi but the book of prophecies was mentioned by maleficent in kh RE:Coded: The Movie.

Thank you for the explanation but I don't even know what a Foreteller is haha. Anything from X, chi, or Re:Coded I have no idea.

Bowlie

Banned
So after watching the trailer I decided to chime in here and see people's reactions. Hi, KHGAF!

I'm guessing 2.8 won't come out here at the same time as in Japan, right?

Tsunamo

I do like how Astro Blaster functions similar to a shotlock, it's nice to have a remnant/nod to Birth By Sleeps gameplay in 3. (or more Osaka teams influence on the gameplay) Now i'm a bit more confident on 3's battlesystem working with Aqua in 0.2 while still feeling a bit natural to Birth By Sleep Aqua players.
Excluding mine spam

But other than that i'm a bit underwhelmed by the trailer. The Aqua gameplay that was shown at D23 is nowhere to be seen and was what I was looking forward to the most, and the group scene at the end of the D23 trailer is nowhere to be seen, regardless still nice to get some new footage.
fuck kingdom hearts lmao [x]
Well that lends even more credibility to this Chi theory now (also spoilers I guess if you click on it)
http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/194630-rebirth.html
HD localization is hard.
It's hard getting it to all those towns.
Ha, same here. I've got the JP PSP release, the North American release, Final Mix, and both the JP and NA versions on 2.5

And I've played through each version at least twice.
Heres to another two if we get a PS4 collection
Play Barrel minigame on PSVR
No joke, I would pay a good amount of money to play the 100 acre wood minigames in VR.

Tsunamo

So what's the bet for 2.8's release date for Japan? I feel like we'll get another Q3/Q4 release with the English one a few, or couple of months after but I really really miss early year releases for Kingdom Hearts so i'd love it if I got suprised and got a date for Q1/Q2 of next year.

So what's the bet for 2.8's release date for Japan? I feel like we'll get another Q3/Q4 release with the English one a few, or couple of months after but I really really miss early year releases for Kingdom Hearts so i'd love it if I got suprised and got a date for Q1/Q2 of next year.

I'mma gonna bet October.

sasuke_91

Guys, am I the only one who has seen UE4 Riku and Kairi for the first time? That alone was worth the anticipation :p

But yeah, the KH3 trailer was kind of underwhelming. Show us new worlds! We already know that Tangled is gonna be in!

And still no release window. Not even for KH 2.8

Dereck

Yeah, that was wack. I'm surprised that they think that kind of footage is acceptable. Half of the video focusing on another handheld game that I already played, it's really typical. Then the last half showing off stuff that we kind of already know about, no release date, no release window. We're starting to roll into 2016. They can't expect me to be so accepting of how long this is taking, sorry Square.

EDIT: At this point I don't care about why it's taking so long, what's going on behind the scenes, why they keep re-releasing old games, none of that matters. What matters is that it's almost 2016 and they're still fucking with us (me).

Kingdom Hearts 3 is only going to be released in 2017, at best, anyway. Would love to be wrong but this is Square at work. MAYBE at E3 we're going to see one new world.

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't show a release date for 2.8 though. I guess it will only release at the end of next year...

botty

Banned
We are, we are, we are but your children
Finding our way around indecision
We are, we are, we are rather helpless
Take us forever, a whisper to a scream

tumblr_lxs3vqwkbH1qf5mm9.gif

Honestly though, thinking about it now, I'd actually be okay with that. It:

- Fits in thematically with the series theme of "Destiny"
- Would explain Xehanort's keyblade; He's a reincarnation of the traitor to the foretellers. He's fated to get that keyblade, because he's fated to be the one to ensure that the Keyblade War happens.
- Considering this whole thing has nothing to do with Sora, it actually still remains consistent with the idea of Sora just being a normal, good, hearted kid who just happened to be pulled in to all of this. An idea that's been a part of the series as far back as KH1. (Sora more or less being the delivery boy for what was supposed to be Riku's keyblade)

The more I think about, the better it actually sounds.

Lnds500

- Would explain Xehanort's keyblade; He's a reincarnation of the traitor to the foretellers. He's fated to get that keyblade, because he's fated to be the one to ensure that the Keyblade War happens.
- Considering this whole thing has nothing to do with Sora, it actually still remains consistent with the idea of Sora just being a normal, good, hearted kid who just happened to be pulled in to all of this. An idea that's been a part of the series as far back as KH1. (Sora more or less being the delivery boy for what was supposed to be Riku's keyblade)

The voice acting is confirming the Rebirth theory which has been floating around for a long time.

botty

Banned

if this is the case, then it is should be safe to assume Aqua's magic transcends fate.

SoulUnison

Banned
So since we're talking about it, and all, sort of...

Where the hell is Unchained Key?
I was hoping for some kind of surprise launch/release trailer last night, but...nothing.

They gave it a "2015" release date for North America,but there's barely any 2015 left and there hasn't been any news or word of it since the summer.

I await the '2.8 trophies are up' thread with all the enthusiasm of a fly on a web as it tearfully dreads its gradually advancing fate...

DDD on the 3DS already had a type of Achievements system...and some of them are incredibly tedious.

There's also separate trophies for beating the game on every different difficulty level, and beating the game on one difficulty DOESN'T give you any trophies for the "easier" difficulties.

You want to "Platinum" DDD you have to play it through at least thrice.
I'm currently on my Critical Mode playthrough - the third and final.

You know how Critical mode in !! Final Mix is called the game's "real" difficulty, and it's some of the best balance and tension the series has had yet?
Critical Mode in DDD is not like that. Things just one shot you out of nowhere, constantly.

So since we're talking about it, and all, sort of...

Where the hell is Unchained Key?
I was hoping for some kind of surprise launch/release trailer last night, but...nothing.

They gave it a "2015" release date for North America,but there's barely any 2015 left and there hasn't been any news or word of it since the summer.

DDD on the 3DS already had a type of Achievements system...and some of them are incredibly tedious.

There's also separate trophies for beating the game on every different difficulty level, and beating the game on one difficulty DOESN'T give you any trophies for the "easier" difficulties.

You want to "Platinum" DDD you have to play it through at least thrice.
I'm currently on my Critical Mode playthrough - the third and final.

You know how Critical mode in !! Final Mix is called the game's "real" difficulty, and it's some of the best balance and tension the series has had yet?
Critical Mode in DDD is not like that. Things just one shot you out of nowhere, constantly.

Yeah, Critical Mode in Dream Drop Distance is an exercise in frustration.

Weird how they dropped the ball with the in-game trophies when DDD Re:Coded had some really creative trophies (I'd argue better than HD Remix PSN trophes, actually) like the trophy for beating the game under Level 15, beating a world with your Max HP set to 1., or the various speedrun trophies. Only KH1 HD really did anything similar.

Top Bottom