• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Psxphile

Sorry guys, we got too excited. We just really like that Rebirth theory :(

muh headcanon

The "Rebirth" theory might turn out to be true some day, but don't go misidentifying VOs and passing them off as fact.

Tsunamo

Honestly i'd just do it. I had barely any issues with it in terms of language barriers (i'm a vet of Japanese Kingdom Hearts and figuring out stuff I don't understand though) and the English version will probably be behind in updates anyway.

On the other hand there is the story, but it's ongoing and translation guides help with that stuff anyway.

Watch the English release come out a week after Blood Diamonds starts playing the Japanese version

Famassu

I'm playing the Japanese version, lol. I know I joke about it but the radio silence from Square Enix about this game releasing outside Japan is fucking bizarre.
They'll announce something when there's something to announce. They've already confirmed it'll be localized, which is more than we know of some other games, what else needs to be said before they have a date or at least more concrete information? Unchained X was only released 3 months ago in Japan and still seems like very incomplete an experience as it is, just doesn't seem like it would be a high priority localization process at this time, before the game is closer to completion in its native language.

Falk

that puzzling face
1601407_450240901829097_8526409517566995560_n.jpg

KH Unchained is all I thought it'd be

i can't

giphy.gif

i hate myself for playing it now since I can't see myself replaying the 300+ missions if it gets translated since I hate replaying games that aren't KH 2 and KH BBS

Falk

that puzzling face
Look on the bright side. Now that you've played it the announcement for EN is gonna come soon.

Your sacrifice for the rest of the KH fanbase will be long remembered.

Tsunamo

Who in gods name created the Peter Pan AI for Command Board?

He is literally the RNG devil, taunting me with his high rolls and "You can't beat me"
It took me four tries to finally get him off pattern and win against him, and on the third I was literally one space away from winning before he took that pleasure away from me.

And I have to go through it again with Ven

Tsunamo

As someone who played 2 before CoM and had no idea what was happening and just rolled with it (as I do now funnily enough) i'm just going to assume you're talking about the original Kingdom Hearts. :p

Edit: So KHInsider got to ask a few questions for Nomura and Square-Enix from the community. Even though a few of them are non-answers (or Nomura answers, if you prefer, they're practically the same) and please wait for it I found this in particular funny

5. In one of the recent updates of Kingdom Hearts X [chi], the term “unchained” was officially introduced and has caused quite a bit of speculation among the fans. Does this play a role in how you previously said that X [chi] and Unchained X were not exactly the same game?

I cannot explain this without any spoilers but there is a connection between the two. Who is trying to do what will be depicted in KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] or KINDGOM HEARTS Unchainedχ, and the reason behind it would be told in KHχ Back Cover (included in 2.8).
Only in Kingdom Hearts would we have two different versions of the same base game, be separate story wise, and have the answer explained in another separate thing entirely in a different game/collection, not to mention one of said games be Japan only.

I say this as someone who is playing them all though

Who in gods name created the Peter Pan AI for Command Board?

He is literally the RNG devil, taunting me with his high rolls and "You can't beat me"
It took me four tries to finally get him off pattern and win against him, and on the third I was literally one space away from winning before he took that pleasure away from me.

And I have to go through it again with Ven

If there's anything Command Board taught me, it's that Peter Pan and Tigger are the goddamn devil.

As someone who played 2 before CoM and had no idea what was happening and just rolled with it (as I do now funnily enough) i'm just going to assume you're talking about the original Kingdom Hearts. :p

Edit: So KHInsider got to ask a few questions for Nomura and Square-Enix from the community. Even though a few of them are non-answers (or Nomura answers, if you prefer, they're practically the same) and please wait for it I found this in particular funny

Only in Kingdom Hearts would we have two different versions of the same base game, be separate story wise, and have the answer explained in another separate thing entirely in a different game/collection, not to mention one of said games be Japan only.

I say this as someone who is playing them all though

Yep and we only get 2/3 of the story since we won't be getting the original Chi.

Unless the reason why localization is taking a while is because they are either

A) localizing the PC chi version
B) combining the separate stories of Chi into one for western audiences.
Maybe PC version slog with iOS/Android?

Psxphile

Hey guys, how long before SE announces Kingdom Hearts ports for PC (that aren't browser-based)?

... guys? Helloooo? Is this thing on...?

DKHF

Hey guys, how long before SE announces Kingdom Hearts ports for PC (that aren't browser-based)?

... guys? Helloooo? Is this thing on...?
I've seen speculation that either because of the digital rights to Utada Hikaru's music or something to do with Disney SE can't put out the KH games digitally, which makes a Steam/PC release unlikely.

I've seen speculation that either because of the digital rights to Utada Hikaru's music or something to do with Disney SE can't put out the KH games digitally, which makes a Steam/PC release unlikely.

One of the most interesting things about 2.8 is if they replace Utada theme from ending credits since it most likely will be available digitally. If they do that should finally give some proof that it indeed is the case. If they don't then I have no idea what's going on.

Ludens

Banned
I saw the price of 2.8 on Amazon...60€? Really?
At least other collections were two full games plus cutscenes from other titles, in 2.8 there's one full game, one cutscene "game" and a...prologue? that, knowing SE, could be one hour long like Episode Duscae.
It seems overpriced to me, exactly like Type 0 was.

Boogins

I saw the price of 2.8 on Amazon...60€? Really?
At least other collections were two full games plus cutscenes from other titles, in 2.8 there's one full game, one cutscene "game" and a...prologue? that, knowing SE, could be one hour long like Episode Duscae.
It seems overpriced to me, exactly like Type 0 was.

Next Gen tax + kh3 tech demo tax

Malyse

One of the most interesting things about 2.8 is if they replace Utada theme from ending credits since it most likely will be available digitally. If they do that should finally give some proof that it indeed is the case. If they don't then I have no idea what's going on.
Disney owns the theme songs. Hikaru had to get permission to put Simple and Clean and Sanctuary on This is the One.

Top Bottom