• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

X%20Key%20Art.png
Hoodies for everyone!

I wonder who that is up the top, as far as I know they haven't been introduced in Chi or Unchained yet, but Nomura wouldn't draw them for no reason so they must appear soon. (unless it's Ven, but again it seems odd to pick him out of other characters to chuck in that image, so i'm leaning towards someone new) And another cool note, you can now buy Keyblade Armour based on your union in Chi, pretty neat thing to add in time for the finale.

Hoodies for everyone!

I wonder who that is up the top, as far as I know they haven't been introduced in Chi or Unchained yet, but Nomura wouldn't draw them for no reason so they must appear soon. (unless it's Ven, but again it seems odd to pick him out of other characters to chuck in that image, so i'm leaning towards someone new) And another cool note, you can now buy Keyblade Armour based on your union in Chi, pretty neat thing to add in time for the finale.

It's Ventus.

Falk

that puzzling face
That Sora design is hilarious. It's like artist made normal hair, and then remembered 'oh yeah there are supposed to be triangle shapes so here you go'

Mediking

That new Riku outfit is great... it's simplistic and great... PLEASE BE HIS OUTFIT.

And I really need to see Sora in a cutscene and speaking because that will fully determine if his KH3 model is good or trash.

Tsunamo

That final Chi update can't come soon enough.

How close is Japanese (I know English is still a littlebit behind) Unchained in updates to regular Chi now? I wanna catchup in time for when season 2 starts and we get those plot megatons.
Definitely. Now we know why Xehanort is so obsessed with Ven and the Keyblade War.
Ventus is (possibly) a Dandelion.
Yeah that would explain it.

Ydelnae

What if
everything that's happening in Chi actually takes place inside Ven's dream in the Chamber of Waking? I'm not saying that the events told in Chi are not real, but that Ven might be reliving these events while he's sleeping. The fact that he's reliving the Keyblade War might be related to his past, like others have pointed out, he might have been a dandelion.

I think this is the first time Ven has been featured in a new artwork since BBS outside the 2.5 boxart, I don't think Nomura put him in there without a reasoning.

Tsunamo

If we want to go even deeper
I wonder if Ven linking his heart to Sora (or a newly born heart from Kingdom Hearts, rather, even if it was Sora) when it was born could linkback to him being a dandelion and having that ability because of it. Ephemera for example still manages to communicate with the Chi player in their dreams despite being in an unchained state/not in that world anymore.
While I think the heartless thing is just a coincidence Kingdom Hearts has had a bunch of happy plot coincidences lining up when you go back to older installments i've noticed, so it can work.

I'm more leaning towards this theory now though. It's going to be really really interesting to see how the last Chi update and this playout.
What if
everything that's happening in Chi actually takes place inside Ven's dream in the Chamber of Waking? I'm not saying that the events told in Chi are not real, but that Ven might be reliving these events while he's sleeping. The fact that he's reliving the Keyblade War might be related to his past, like others have pointed out, he might have been a dandelion.

I think this is the first time Ven has been featured in a new artwork since BBS outside the 2.5 boxart, I don't think Nomura put him in there without a reasoning.
I like this idea. Some people suspected earlier on that it was actually
Kairi dreaming, but Vens dream would be much more interesting if he has memories of Chi and the old keyblade war. I suppose then you have the question of what differentiates Chi and Unchained plotwise if they're both canon.

Oh new designs! Sora (and ven, nomura really messed his face there) look kinda odd, but the outfits are really good, they have a lot of charisma.

Zaverious

Using Aero while fighting Ursula's second form made her stronger right? I remember reading about it, but I don't know if it is true or not. I never used it when fighting her because of it. I know it for sure makes Ice Titan throw unblockable ice shards at you.

And I just found out you can use Stop on Ursula. That would've helped a lot.

Tsunamo

That is one plus, but the focus being on more CGI movies for new worlds that fit the artstyle (or at least that's what interviews have implied to me so far) doesn't have me too hopeful for seeing Treasure Planet.

With that said though we could endup The Jungle Book, just in the form of the new movie which would fit in more with the new artstyle if they wanted to go that route. And them using 2D animation worlds for new worlds still isn't out of the realm of possibility considering Olympus Colosseum is coming back again.

DKHF

That is one plus, however the focus being on more CGI movies for new worlds that fit the artstyle (or at least that's what interviews have implied to me so far) doesn't have me too hopeful for seeing Treasure Planet.

With that said though we could endup The Jungle Book, just in the form of the new movie which would fit in more with the new artstyle if they wanted to go that route.
I think it's just a coincidence that two of the announced Disney worlds are CGI movies since Nomura said the Kingdom Shader (what they use for KHIII) was made to help translate the look of 2D Disney films to 3D so there should be some. And Roy Conli said Tangled was the first in a series of his films being worlds in the game, then we got Big Hero 6 so all that's left is Treasure Planet (though that film has some CGI to be fair).

Though I'm sure a large amount (if not the majority) of the Disney worlds will be from more modern CGI films.

DKHF

Technically I could go to Gamescom to play 2.8...

But then I remember that I friggin hate Gamescom lol. Dem crowds.

Not worth it IMO because 0.2 will be a fairly short experience so you might as well wait and have as much of it be fresh to you (in terms of playing it, not the story/content since more of that will probably be revealed in the coming months) as possible. They could also release a demo for it on PSN.

I got a good laugh at SE calling DDD popular in their GC press release. That's high praise for a game that is by far the worst selling of the ''main'' entries (and honestly I think only Re:Coded has sold worse) and not exactly the fan favourite either.

#dreamdropbait

Famassu

Well, DDD was released at a time when most of 3DS software was selling like shit and the platform wasn't doing all that hot overall. In addition it was a somewhat dumb move to release a semi-important KH game that is direct continuation to KHII for a Nintendo platform.

The overall reception of DDD is decently positive. It's mostly some of the usual hyperbolic negative nancies who shit on DDD the most. DDD is nowhere near perfect, but it's also far from being the complete trash that some portray it as well.

Well, DDD was released at a time when most of 3DS software was selling like shit and the platform wasn't doing all that hot overall. In addition it was a somewhat dumb move to release a semi-important KH game that is direct continuation to KHII for a Nintendo platform.

The overall reception of DDD is decently positive. It's mostly some of the usual hyperbolic negative nancies who shit on DDD the most. DDD is nowhere near perfect, but it's also far from being the complete trash that some portray it as well.

Pretty much, the biggest offense was how it fucked up the story, but gameplay was really fun. Critical young xehanort was brutal.

aravuus

Can't wait for HD DDD. Aside from the stupid way they tied abilities to your dream eaters, the gameplay seemed like it COULD be fun. But actually playing something on the 3DS is legit fucking painful, so I can't say I ever had that much fun with it.

I found Young Xehanort to be a little boring and slapped together, even on Critical Mode. I found both Ansem fights to be far more engaging. (Probably the best fights in the game, tbh)

That said, Riku's end game boss rush is pretty fuckin' great overall. Dude deserved the keyblade master title just from fighting Sora's nightmare, Ansem twice, young Xehanort and then the armored nightmare back to back with only a very brief break between Ansem and Young Xehanort.

I feel like most KH games in general are bearable, at the very least. Even 358/2 Days (Which I mercilessly shit on for it's shortcomings) is still a pretty decent 3D ARPG at the end of the day, plot/characters/etc notwithstanding.

Psxphile

Which round do you farm zootopia medals on? I can do up to 130...

You're better off asking in the dedicated KHUX thread. Anyway: the first Nick and Judy medals were only available from limited time premium avatar boards. Unless they're offered again there's no chance to get them (they're not that good, anyway).

The newer Nick and Judy medal can't be "farmed" the normal way and are only available from a limited time event that ends today. You might be able to get one or two if you complete the objectives, but the rest (enough to guilt) get progressively more difficult to complete.

You're better off asking in the dedicated KHUX thread. Anyway: the first Nick and Judy medals were only available from limited time premium avatar boards. Unless they're offered again there's no chance to get them (they're not that good, anyway).

The newer Nick and Judy medal can't be "farmed" the normal way and are only available from a limited time event that ends today. You might be able to get one or two if you complete the objectives, but the rest (enough to guilt) get progressively more difficult to complete.

Ah shit I went through my history and totally forgot about this thread. I don't really need them but saw alot of people were guilting them so thought they might be useful in the future.Thanks!

Sora,riku and kaido

Kaido's already an emperor. He ain't got time for keyblade shenanigans :p

Serious answer: Sora, Riku, and Kairi can cover a lot more story objectives if they're split apart. There will probably be a new threat to Disney worlds, the emergence of the new Organization, and the assembly of the Seven Warriors of Light, at the least. The game would be massive if the three of them buddied up and tackled it all together

I bought my pitchfork *ages* ago.

Yup yup.
I forget everyone doesn't post in OT community
Nomura isn't stupid. Kairi is in or I'll boycott kh3 for a whole extra hour!

You be glad everyone doesn't post over here otherwise we'd be seeing complaints about the story over and over

I fully expect Sora to be the only playable character in KH3 and additional character episodes to be DLC.

Makes most sense to me at least. It's a good hook for fans.

Top Bottom