• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Wazzy

Banned
For Brilliant you can just do that trick or use the three Special Portals in TWTNW on Riku's side. For Epic, use these portals:

Prankster's Paradise, Special Portals 4, 5 and 6
Country of the Musketeers, Special Portals 4, 5 and 6
Symphony of Sorcery, Special Portals 4 and 5

Once again, thank you. Got my materials and now have my three star team consisting of Aura Lion, Keeba Tiger and Ryu Dragon. Also won Flick Rush doing the megaflare trick so I think I'm good to beat the game!

Groof

Just finished watching the GT timeline vid and man, I stick by KH1 still being the best in the series overall. It was simple, fun and straightforward enough that it could've easily stood on its own. This might just be blind nostalgia however, but I still regard the first one very highly.
BBS comes either in a really close second or a tie, but in any case Aqua remains the best character in the series.
Also Roxas/Ven are shit.

TheMink

So there was a rumor recently that 2.5 hd would be on PS4. I was just thinking about something awesome about that possibility... Vita play baby

I think what i am most excited for is streaming capabilities.

Say im like "Yo weaponkight how do i beat this organization mushroom??" The he goes "here let me show you" soooo much better than instructions.

Say im like "Yo weaponkight how do i beat this organization mushroom??" The he goes "here let me show you" soooo much better than instructions.
I'll finally have video proof of my terra victory
the gold crown does a pretty good job though :p

You poor, simple fools.

PS4 collection would mean streaming to Vita=BBSHD and KH2FMHD on da bed <3.

Of course Deep Dive references Org XIII and Nobodies and stuff so it may have been planned. Because Xehanort would need a Heartless and Nobody.

GzHOHEN.jpg

I'm flattered!
I did a stream of the whole series last year, but there wasn't a KH community here and I talked in portuguese the whole time, or I would have posted it here.
I loved doing it, and the viewers loved it too. I'm so going to stream my PS4 the whole time oh god.

I also have many guides and translations for the series, but again they are all in portuguese. Good times.

TheMink

I'm flattered!
I did a stream of the whole series last year, but there wasn't a KH community here and I talked in portuguese the whole time, or I would have posted it here.
I loved doing it, and the viewers loved it too. I'm so going to stream my PS4 the whole time oh god.

I also have many guides and translations for the series, but again they are all in portuguese. Good times.

Better do an English stream!

Soriku

lol. I'll give my take. The Org XIII/Nobody thing was planned since KH1. Assuming Nomura had the concept of people needing to have a Heartless to get a Nobody down, it would make sense for him to plan Ansem SoD as a Heartless. That way we'd have Ansem and then Xemnas as Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody respectively.

Obviously, there's no way everything in the series was planned from the beginning.

Mr. RHC

Hell yeah, Kingdom Hearts timline, this should be good!

Does this not kind of deserve its own thread in Gaming? Edit: Nevermiiiind! Soraaa!!!

lol. I'll give my take. The Org XIII/Nobody thing was planned since KH1. Assuming Nomura had the concept of people needing to have a Heartless to get a Nobody down, it would make sense for him to plan Ansem SoD as a Heartless. That way we'd have Ansem and then Xemnas as Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody respectively.

Obviously, there's no way everything in the series was planned from the beginning.

I don't know, I kinda feel like a lot of the elements introduced in KH2 were kind of bullshit they just made up because Sakaguchi told Nomura to make the story more complex(which was both good and terrible advice). Then again, I think I would have been more okay with the plot elements in KH2 if they were executed differently. The writing staff from KH1 to KH2 changed considerably, at least as far as lead scenario writers go. Maybe that's why it felt so jarring.

- I'm done with Deep Jungle. I CAN HEAL NOW.
- After a quick trip to the coliseum and a no-damage fight against Cerberus, I have Sonic Rave but no AP to use it. Heh.
- It's funny that after that menacing transformation sequence, Reverse Armor is a pushover, nowhere near the first fight.
- Next stop is Agrabah, a place many people hate for being overused but I have nothing against.

New trophies:
Beat one Gummi mission 2
Close Deep Jungle's keyhole

botty

Banned
I don't know, I kinda feel like a lot of the elements introduced in KH2 were kind of bullshit they just made up because Sakaguchi told Nomura to make the story more complex(which was both good and terrible advice). Then again, I think I would have been more okay with the plot elements in KH2 if they were executed differently. The writing staff from KH1 to KH2 changed considerably, at least as far as lead scenario writers go. Maybe that's why it felt so jarring.

But Kingdom Hearts to closes pretty much everything established in KH1 and Chain of Memories quite neatly at the end: Both sides of Ansem are destroyed, the rest of the worlds are saved, and S/R/K become complete and return to their island.

If we're going to attack any game in the series it should be Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distortion. Both of those games retconned/added a lot of stuff in the series, which most of the fan base still is having a hard time swallowing.

But Kingdom Hearts to closes pretty much everything established in KH1 and Chain of Memories quite neatly at the end: Both sides of Ansem are destroyed, the rest of the worlds are saved, and S/R/K become complete and return to their island.

If we're going to attack any game in the series it should be Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distortion. Both of those games retconned/added a lot of stuff in the series, which most of the fan base still is having a hard time swallowing.

Gotta ask: what did BBS add that fanbase has hard time swallowing? I though it was quite well made prequel and it never really went into total crazy territory like DDD. Characters are all likeable imo, story is quite basic and makes sense.

botty

Banned
Gotta ask: what did BBS add that fanbase has hard time swallowing? I though it was quite well made prequel and it never really went into total crazy territory like DDD. Characters are all likeable imo, story is quite basic and makes sense.

The x-blade stuff, Ven looking like Roxas when Roxas was supposed to look like Sora, Terra's character development&#8212;and plot that people had put together prior to the game's release, Ven going into a coma because of a fractured heart, yet Vanitas being perfectly fine as a fragment of a heart, the fact that owning a keyblade was no longer special (even further ruined by Dream Drop Distance), the keyblade inheritance ceremony, which lives in a paradox with the idea that the keyblade chooses its wielder.

There is just a lot of stuff that occurred in BbS that tried to explain stuff that no one asked to be explained. Which basically resulted in a ton of shoehorning.

edit: but still... DDD is the worst offender.

botty

Banned
Owning a keyblade is no longer special after the flower keyblade Riku pulled from his ass in KH2. BBS had nothing to do with it.

I guess this follows a similar train of thought as the debate Seda was having before...

Did Nomura shoehorn or retcon Riku giving Kairi that flower keyblade when he put in the Aqua/Kairi inheritance scene in Birth by Sleep or did he plan it all along?

If the latter, then BbS is still the reason owning a keyblade is no longer special :p

It's really stupid how in KH 1 owning a Keyblade was like "HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN" But in BBS you learn they were a really common weapon back in the day :V

EDIT:
Also Roxas/Ven are shit.
REALLY?
Fuck my own thread I'm out of here :c
Keep your evil Roxas/Ven hate!!!!11

botty

Banned
It's really stupid how in KH 1 owning a Keyblade was like "HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN" But in BBS you learn they were a really common weapon back in the day :V

EDIT:

REALLY?
Fuck my own thread I'm out of here :c
Keep your evil Roxas/Ven hate!!!!11

People are still jealous that Roxas got his own game, while other characters have to share it with Sora. ;-)

and yeah, you're right about BbS making the Keyblade into buy1getfree1 weapon.

Groof

The only ones I'm jealous of are the blind yaoi fanpeople that could actually enjoy that hot steaming pile of turd.

358/2 Days ain't all that bad.

It gave Xion's themes after all, which just happen too be the best character themes in the series in my opinion.

Did someone mention this before? The cursor for choosing worlds is now free like a mouse. You can scroll across the screen without selecting each world.

- I noticed you only get trophies for completing worlds after going to the gummi ship screen, not after the sealing scene, so I got the Traverse Town trophy today lol
- I take back what I said about having nothing against Agrabah. Fuck that centipede. Fuck those bandits and their swords. FUCK THAT TIGER BOSS. But I still like the exploration.
- Bambi is the second best summon, behind Tink. I'm drowning in blue balls yeah!
- I could go get more trinities now, but I'll do Monstro first to get High Jump, which will make things more manageable.

New Trophies:
Seal the keyhole in Traverse Town
Seal the keyhole in Agrabah
Synthetize one item

Did someone mention this before? The cursor for choosing worlds is now free like a mouse. You can scroll across the screen without selecting each world.

- I noticed you only get trophies for completing worlds after going to the gummi ship screen, not after the sealing scene, so I got the Traverse Town trophy today lol
- I take back what I said about having nothing against Agrabah. Fuck that centipede. Fuck those bandits and their swords. FUCK THAT TIGER BOSS. But I still like the exploration.
- Bambi is the second best summon, behind Tink. I'm drowning in blue balls yeah!
- I could go get more trinities now, but I'll do Monstro first to get High Jump, which will make things more manageable.

New Trophies:
Seal the keyhole in Traverse Town
Seal the keyhole in Agrabah
Synthetize one item

Pls tell me the HD remaster is shitty and I'm not missing out &#1097;(&#3237;&#1044;&#3237;&#1097;)

Do the character models in 1.5 look at least this clean?

I would be totally ok with PS4 KH using 100% same artstyle ect. and using those high detail models all the time in glorious 1080p.

With the exeption of Port Royal. We need a revisit with ridicilously realistic models. Like friggin Quantic Dream PS4 detail.

Soriku

I would be totally ok with PS4 KH using 100% same artstyle ect. and using those high detail models all the time in glorious 1080p.

With the exeption of Port Royal. We need a revisit with ridicilously realistic models. Like friggin Quantic Dream PS4 detail.

I would be OK with that style and IQ too. Hell those models look even better better than some other PS3 games like Tales of Xillia.

But I want them to look that good in cutscenes as well as gameplay.

We won't get QD level models though, lol. But the Port Royale and Tron Legacy models looked damn good, especially respective to the platforms those two worlds were on, and realistic models could look great on PS3 or PS4.

Pls tell me the HD remaster is shitty and I'm not missing out &#1097;(&#3237;&#1044;&#3237;&#1097;)

I'm REALLY annoyed by four things:
1- Lip sync is weird. They're using the japanese mouth flaps in HQ, but those horrible painted mouths in the LQ models look like they're syncing the english version or something. I have syncing issues all over the place, even in HQ models. I wonder if it's my PS3?
2- They deactivated the R2 button. That means you can't cycle through targets in both directions, only using L2.
3- The special button AND the call button are both mapped to /\, so you need to jump before giving orders or you'll use a special instead.
4- You can't use the right stick for the menu at all. WHY? You made a button useless in a game that needed TWO MORE! Just do it like KH2 and let me use the right stick for the menu when I hold L2, dammit! I'm not one of those weirdos that can play with the claw.

As much as I like the new camera, I'd take it out if it meant getting all my buttons back.

Do the character models in 1.5 look at least this clean?
They have jaggies, especially in the shadows. But they're still good.

And one more thing to notice: if you push the PS Button the game won't stop, and the controller state will freeze. That means if you hold the left stick up and open the PS menu, Sora will walk forward forever.

Looking at those models reminds me to remind you all that Larxene and Luxord are the best Org. Members.

You know it's true. :V

Xigbar>Larxene>Saix>Roxas>Axel>Marluxia>Vexen>Zexion>Xaldin>Demyx>Luxord>Xemnas>Lexaeus

Something like that

Xigbar is the most fleshed out nowdays of the more backround members and is one of the few that actually has a personality. Larxene and Saix both are likeable because they are assholes (Joffrey Baratheon effect) and Berserkerz are cool. Roxas is certainly not my favourite character but he certainly has a lot of screentime and actual story to him. Axel too but I didn't really like the way he transformed to a different character from CoM in a few short moments from totally ruthless wisecracker to a best buddy of all the good guys while losing his edge while at it. Marluxia has a cool weapon and is also kinda assholeish by the way he treats Namine but I feel he was too much in the backround for being the main villain in CoM and just came off as a little weird antagonist. Vexen is lame but thats why he is so great. Mad scientists who has to take shit from the junior members and has a creepy laugh. Besides that bastard has basically 5, count them, 5 boss fights in the series. More than most other members can boast. Zexion is not my favourites really but he gets extra points from the era when he was more of a mystery when he didn't have a weapon and was the only member who didn't fight. I dunno if it's a shame that they changed it but eh, more bosses! Xaldin has cool weapons and element and one of my favourite bosses but he really didn't have much screentime compared to previous members so that is a shame. Demyx is a goofball with a good bossfight. Luxord has like zero fuckin screentime and the bossfight could have been much better with some tweaks, a waste of time element really. Xemnas is fuckin lame, I have cried about this before. Just fuck that guy already k thx. Saix is the character Xemnas should have been.

Lexaeus is Lexaeus.

While I do kinda like the Organization I certainly understand the people who hate them too. KH2 (especially vanilla) was fuckin lame compared to CoM how they handled these guys. Like damn. But the biggest reason I like them is this: they are basically the only new original characters in the entire fucking series that are not Xehanort or Sora (well with few exeptions :lol).

Maybe someday we will get more new original characters that are wholly independent and interesting with good character arcs ect. Maybe after KH3 when we finally can bury the ''Xehanort saga''.

Trigger

Looking at those models reminds me to remind you all that Larxene and Luxord are the best Org. Members.

You know it's true. :V

Luxard was great. It's a crime that he doesn't have more importance in the plot. He, Roxas, and Demyx were my favorites in the group.

Jubern

I'm REALLY annoyed by four things:
1- Lip sync is weird. They're using the japanese mouth flaps in HQ, but those horrible painted mouths in the LQ models look like they're syncing the english version or something. I have syncing issues all over the place, even in HQ models. I wonder if it's my PS3?
2- They deactivated the R2 button. That means you can't cycle through targets in both directions, only using L2.
3- The special button AND the call button are both mapped to /\, so you need to jump before giving orders or you'll use a special instead.
4- You can't use the right stick for the menu at all. WHY? You made a button useless in a game that needed TWO MORE! Just do it like KH2 and let me use the right stick for the menu when I hold L2, dammit! I'm not one of those weirdos that can play with the claw.

I noticed that too when I played the game at release. I think we just weren't noticing it before because of the lower resolution, but I could be wrong. Pretty much like how some textures are simply terrible looking now (and they actually took the effort to re-do some of them) while it never struck me on PS2. Those LQ eyes and mouths lol

- Monstro sneezed me out! Now that I have High Jump, it's time to revisit some places and get more items.
- I kept wondering why I didn't have Gravity yet, I forgot that it is the prize for winning the Phil Cup. Now my magic set is finally complete.
- I hate Atlantica with a passion, but I still need some levels before Halloween Town so I can use Counter against the White Knights, so I'll just do it sooner than later.

New trophies:
Escape Monstro
Synthetize 3 different items
Win the Phil Cup

botty

Banned
I'll pull this thread out of the darkness.

I really love the Calling -Remix- on Dream Drop Distance. No matter how bad Kingdom Hearts gets—which is totally debatable of course—the music will always be top notch.

Top Bottom