• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Yeah, the earliest I expect KH3 announcement is 2015.

No fuckin way dude. TGS 2014 is the absolute latest. Earliest is next week :D.

Also I don't think 2.5 affects KH3 announcement.

I think KH3 is the next big game from SE japan after Versus/XV and I expect that to release late 2014.

No fuckin way dude. TGS 2014 is the absolute latest. Earliest is next week :D.

Also I don't think 2.5 affects KH3 announcement.

I think KH3 is the next big game from SE japan after Versus/XV and I expect that to release late 2014.

2.5 totally affects the KH3 announcement.

I suspect that the Osaka team is currently working on KH3 and that the Versus team will come over to help them finish it once Versus is complete. If anything, maybe we'll get a Visual Works tease for KH3 (akin to those that came with KH1/2) in the 2.5 HD Collection, followed by a formal announcement once 2.5 is out in all regions.

2.5 totally affects the KH3 announcement.

I suspect that the Osaka team is currently working on KH3 and that the Versus team will come over to help them finish it once Versus is complete. If anything, maybe we'll get a Visual Works tease for KH3 (akin to those that came with KH1/2) in the 2.5 HD Collection, followed by a formal announcement once 2.5 is out in all regions.

I dunno man. KH3D was announced before BBS was released outside japan for example and in the end 2.5 is only a HD collection.

Personally I can see all the following being possible: KH3 announced at E3 and 2.5 at TGS, both announced at TGS, 2.5 at TGS and KH3 at E3 2014/TGS2014.

The only thing I am confident is that 2.5 is at this years TGS.

I dunno man. KH3D was announced before BBS was released outside japan for example and in the end 2.5 is only a HD collection.

Personally I can see all the following being possible: KH3 announced at E3 and 2.5 at TGS, both announced at TGS, 2.5 at TGS and KH3 at E3 2014/TGS2014.

The only thing I am confident is that 2.5 is at this years TGS.

Ehhhhh, it was announced in the sense that it appeared on a list of 3DS games.

I think the most likely scenario is 2.5 at TGS 2013, 3 at TGS 2014.

aravuus

Yes dear god, no more spin-offs. At least for now. After you've concluded the main story, go ahead, but let's keep our minds focused on what's important right now.

botty

Banned
Of course you would, lol.

Looks like only one of us might be getting a sequel though :p

image.php

botty

Banned
What would Days 2 even constitute?
Post-DDD Lea and however-they-manage-to-reconstitute-him Roxas trying to pull Xion from Nomura's arse
?

Play the game completely from Riku's point of view. Play the Game completely from Xemnas's point of view. Etc.

edit: Aren't we supposed to get a Xehanort game?

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
I would love to play as Xemnas, though all I'd be doing is staring at Kingdom Hearts, talking to Aqua's armor, and watching everyone sleep. I was disappointed I couldn't do more as Roxas in Days.

For example, exploring the castle. It would have been fun going to everyone's rooms, looking around, but when I exited said member would appear behind me, scold me, then send me to the Grey Area and I'd have to do a mission while locked out of the bedroom area. Or heck, explore my own room. I know it's barren, but I'd at least like to wake up and find a gift someone left on my dresser or have an extra inventory in my room.

Joqu

I would love to play as Xemnas, though all I'd be doing is staring at Kingdom Hearts, talking to Aqua's armor, and watching everyone sleep. I was disappointed I couldn't do more as Roxas in Days.

For example, exploring the castle. It would have been fun going to everyone's rooms, looking around, but when I exited said member would appear behind me, scold me, then send me to the Grey Area and I'd have to do a mission while locked out of the bedroom area. Or heck, explore my own room. I know it's barren, but I'd at least like to wake up and find a gift someone left on my dresser or have an extra inventory in my room.

Watching everyone sleep sounds pretty fun actually

Hmm the KH1.5 E3 trailer shows a PSN logo on both boxart and at the end of trailer. Could it be for digital release? Do any of the new PS3 games release without the PSN logo in the cover?

I don't think japanese version had it but they might have different rules for em, who knows.

botty

Banned
Hmm the KH1.5 E3 trailer shows a PSN logo on both boxart and at the end of trailer. Could it be for digital release? Do any of the new PS3 games release without the PSN logo in the cover?

I don't think japanese version had it but they might have different rules for em, who knows.

Would Disney allow such a thing?

botty

Banned
I dunno. All the PS1 disney games are on PSN and all them movie tie-in games like Toy Story 3 or Brave and whatever. They ain't afraid of DD.

Maybe it's because of Simple and Clean rights or some shit.

Ah, maybe. It was odd how DDD got a demo on the eShop, but was a no go for DD. Baby steps, I guess.

Maybe it's because of Simple and Clean rights or some shit.

I'm almost certain this is the case. The contracts to use it (and Sanctuary) probably didn't take into account digital releases, and they just don't feel like renegotiating it. Crisis Core has a similar problem with it's ending theme, IIRC, which is why that hasn't shown up digitally, either.

Groof

I'm almost certain this is the case. The contracts to use it (and Sanctuary) probably didn't take into account digital releases, and they just don't feel like renegotiating it. Crisis Core has a similar problem with it's ending theme, IIRC, which is why that hasn't shown up digitally, either.
And they're fucking stupid for not pursuing it. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of people who would double dip in a heart beat for both BBS and CC, and there's probably a lot of new buyers as well. I'd love to have both of them on my Vita.

Finally got to play some more today. The fight against Maleficent was a struggle everytime back in 2004, but it ends in 2 minutes now haha
Next fight is the Dagon!

New trophies:
Have more than 10 000 munnies in the pocket
Get all trinities
Create 15 different items

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Edit: You know what. No. I'm not letting anyone play with my emotions. This can be emulated and fan made. I wont get my hopes up until I see some trailers by Square itself.

Top Bottom