• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Dereck

It all still looks really early...it probably is.
I don't buy that this is in-game. I don't even think this is even representative of the game. It just looks like a CG video created to appease fans beyond the announcement that KHIII is being developed. Maybe you can convince me, or I'm being naive here?

Joqu

kh32aikll.gif

LOOK AT THAT SHIT
LOOK AT THAT FUCKING AMAZING SHIT

It's just how I imagined it to look like. <3

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
I don't buy that this is in-game. I don't even think this is even representative of the game. It just looks like a CG video created to appease fans beyond the announcement that KHIII is being developed. Maybe you can convince me, or I'm being naive here?

You're probably protecting yourself from possible heartbreak. Unlike Versus/15, one would have expected the usual cartoony graphics. But I really do believe they'll ram things up and go for E+. I mean, it's a new age and games are changing. If they can't keep up then they wont catch the eyes and pockets of newer players.

Well, time to get a job because I'm going to need to afford a ps4, large HD TV and this when it comes out.

aravuus

It probably isn't in-game, but I assume it's pretty representative of what the game is going to look like

I didn't think the graphics were anything impressive, especially after seeing Killzone, inFAMOUS and Ver-- Final Fantasy Fifteen, but that's expected of an alpha and the art style is a lot different. But considering what we got with FF and KH so far, I expect the final product to be mind blowingly gorgeous.

But the biggest question still remains:

What about a new theme song from Utada! Or some other singer but I am not well informed on other japanese artists who could replace her if the need be.

Tsunamo

The Kingdom Hearts III trailer seriously shocked me, I really didn't expect that at all to happen before 1.5, I'll gladly eat crow for it but I'm so damn happy it actually happened. The way it was handled at the start was great too because I thought it was a 1.5 promo until they started showing more titles and leading into III. I realise that may not have been the real deal and just a representitive of what it will look like, but I was not expecting it to look that good, after having games designed for SD systems and going for the jump to PS4 it really blew me away seeing that, I can't wait to see what other worlds will look like with those type of assets and character models.

I'm kind of curious now if 2.5 will be on PS3 or PS4 now, I'd lean towards PS3 still, but now that 3's been revealed for PS4 even though 1.5's not out yet in the West I can see a PS4 release for it being a possiblity.
How long did it take?
It took me about 21 hours all up (about 8 were just me messing around in Rikus story mode on proud until I got to castle obvlivion and beat it, at that point I was about level 40 and then I started grinding)

But the biggest question still remains:

What about a new theme song from Utada! Or some other singer but I am not well informed on other japanese artists who could replace her if the need be.

Really hope we get a new song. Simple and Clean and Sanctuary are great, but KH3 really deserves a new song (hell, BbS and 3D did too). Should be part of the main game package: new theme song, new worlds.

Would be great if they could coax Utada out of her hiatus, but I wouldn't mind someone else doing it if they can't.

How long will the wait be? I hope this doesn't become a FF versus all over again.

I assume they've put the Osaka team on it to ensure it actually gets made instead of being held up any further by FFXV.

Might be optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised by a 2014 2.5HD Remix, 2015 Kingdom Hearts 3 release schedule.

Some interesting 1.5 HD insight from a Nomura interview going on right now. Apparently, they lost the KH1FM source code, and they ended up having to reverse engineer the data from the retail disc for the collection.

Some interesting 1.5 HD insight from a Nomura interview going on right now. Apparently, they lost the KH1FM source code, and they ended up having to reverse engineer the data from the retail disc for the collection.

Well that is the way Bluepoint does it so it is tried and true.

I wonder how long hiatus we will have with KH3. I kinda expect it skipping TGS+Jump Festa and reappearing at next E3 after 2.5 has been out in Japan for a while.

The infamous Silent Hill collection was done with beta code instead of reverse engineering when they didn't have the original code. Didn't turn out too well.

Kisaya

So excited for KH3. I need 1.5 now because I'm itching to play Kingdom Hearts >_______<

Not sure how I feel like the Osaka team handling it. I was very happy with BBS though so I'll trust them.

oh god, how much i waited for this moment. I was literally crossing my fingers when the guy said "We have one more trailer for you" and then BAM: DISNEY LOGO.

Then i was like, please let it don't be 1.5, and surely wasn't disappointed. I screamed so fucking loud when the III logo popped up in perfection...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The gameplay in twilight town looks beautiful, exactly what i expected the game to be on the newer consoles...

Also, the keyblade sora picks up from the sand... was that eraqus'?

More from the interviews:

- Battle system is evolved from KHII with some of the well recieved elements from the handheld games. (Probably flowmotion, going by the trailer)

- Multiplayer under consideration

- Summons are present, but in a different form

- Won't confirm or deny any playable characters aside from Sora

- Recognizes that the past few games haven't had many FF cameos, New FF characters in KHIII under consideration

- They've tried multiple times to get the Jungle Book to work.

- Going to try to surprise fans with some of the Disney world selection

- Going to use different shader effects to closer replicate the look of the respective Disney movies used in the game.

- Battle system is evolved from KHII with some of the well recieved elements from the handheld games. (Probably flowmotion, going by the trailer)

- Recognizes that the past few games haven't had many FF cameos, New FF characters in KHIII under consideration

Star Wars.

Dereck

Cool
Cool
OK

Smart
Very cool

Understandable

Pixar pls

- Going to use different shader effects to closer replicate the look of the respective Disney movies used in the game.
OK

Trigger

So excited for KH3. I need 1.5 now because I'm itching to play Kingdom Hearts >_______<

Not sure how I feel like the Osaka team handling it. I was very happy with BBS though so I'll trust them.

Based Osaka team will deliver.

[insert Lightning joke here]

Tsunamo

I'm really happy to hear that the Osaka team are the ones doing III, though I worry about what this might mean for the development time given they're a small team.

Kind of crazy to think there was a time where the Osaka team made S-E games aside from KH, haha.

Taking into account the fact that they started KHIII in 2010, it's crazy to think that at one point in time, they were working on BBS:FM, KH3D, helping out on Re:Coded, and presumably starting pre-production for KHIII.

Nudull

Banned

Nice, nice. Hoping against hope for a Marvel world. XD

ZenaxPure

Oh god, now I am scared. This right here will literally determine if I actually enjoy playing this game or not. I want flowmotion for sure but if there isn't some sort of good melee skill system I am going to be broken, I do not want to go back to the dark days of pre-BBS. Also I really hope the modifiable rolls/blocks from 3D make a return in the game. Sliding Block is one of the coolest things to happen to KH melee combat as far as I am concerned.

Tsunamo

Taking into account the fact that they started KHIII in 2010, it's crazy to think that at one point in time, they were working on BBS:FM, KH3D, helping out on Re:Coded, and presumably starting pre-production for KHIII.
Yeah, that's a heavy workload in a short time period.

If it started pre-prodution in 2010 I guess I as much about development and it taking so long.
I'm ready for a Toy Story world with special shaders.
This has to be a thing in Kingdom Hearts III, has to, it's just too perfect a oppurtunity not to.
Yeah, that's a heavy workload in a short time period.

If it started pre-prodution in 2010 I guess I don't have to worry as much about development taking so long, I even think a TGS trailer might happen now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm assuming they've been holding off on Toy Story for a proper main entry since it would be such a big deal.

I don't want any more Pixar in it than Toy Story though. Wonder if they could do a Robin Hood world.

aravuus

Not a fan of flowmotion but eh, it looked kind of discreet in the teaser so I guess it could be alright.

With all these trailers I really really want to play KH, hd comeonnn

KH2 had 11 Disney worlds (plus Disney Castle but dat doesn't count!). Let's say that KH3 has the same amount, what would you guys pick if you were Nomura?

My picks:

Returning:
-Winnie the Pooh (your basic minigame hub)

-Olympus Coliseum (I'm sorry guys! But it is a tradition of sorts almost. Just improve the coliseum battles and be closer to KH1 than KH2. Also multiplayer versus or co-op battles! Also we still have big bosses yet to appear from the movie like Cyclops, Lava Titan, Wind Titan. The main trilogy wouldn't be complete without Phil declaring you true heroes himself! Add your random FF cameo here with Lightning or something.)

-Pirates of the Caribbean (either with Davy Jones stuff from 2,3 or Blackbeard from 4)

New:
-The Great Mouse Detective (Ratigan boss fight in the belltower is a must for the series)

-Toy Story (Toy forms for the party!)

-The Incredibles (Superhero form for Sora and old superhero costumes for D+G from old Disney comics!)

-Robin Hood

-Jungle Book (return of lion Sora!)

-Star Wars (Deal with it. The world would of course take place in the Deathstar for dat tech look in space + gummi ship route having TIE fighters ^^)

-Pocahontas

-Sword in the Stone

Tsunamo

I don't think anyone's posted this yet, it's from a Square-Enix PR regarding Kingdom Hearts III that reveals some plot details (courtesy of KH13)

Square-Enix said:
Story of KINGDOM HEARTS III
Believing light and darkness must remain in balance, Master Xehanort seeks to spark war against the &#8216;tyranny of light&#8217; to restore equilibrium.

In an effort to undermine Xehanort&#8217;s plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the &#8220;Key to Return Hearts,&#8221; while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders.

I get the feeling the keyblade Sora picked up on Destiny Islands was the Key to Return Hearts. Riku and Mickey having an adventure together and Riku having a big role in DDD makes me think he'll be playable here (or mickey for the first time) and that Kingdom Hearts III will be another multiple scenerio game.

Not a fan of flowmotion but eh, it looked kind of discreet in the teaser so I guess it could be alright.
Yeah, they kind of sidestepped showing it in the teaser much. Hopefully that's a good sign about it not having much of a role in the gameplay.

Yeah, I know, wishful thinking :(
What if Lightning was in III?
I wouldn't be suprised if she was in there instead of Noctis. (sadly) I can see her fitting well in with the worlds with more realistic lighting/textures if they keep a similar look to what she had in the XIII games though.
KH2 had 11 Disney worlds (plus Disney Castle but dat doesn't count!). Let's say that KH3 has the same amount, what would you guys pick if you were Nomura?

My picks:

Returning:
-Winnie the Pooh (your basic minigame hub)

-Olympus Coliseum (I'm sorry guys! But it is a tradition of sorts almost. Just improve the coliseum battles and be closer to KH1 than KH2. Also multiplayer versus or co-op battles! Also we still have big bosses yet to appear from the movie like Cyclops, Lava Titan, Wind Titan. The main trilogy wouldn't be complete without Phil declaring you true heroes himself! Add your random FF cameo here with Lightning or something.)

-Pirates of the Caribbean (either with Davy Jones stuff from 2,3 or Blackbeard from 4)

-The Incredibles (Superhero form for Sora and old superhero costumes for D+G from old Disney comics!)

-Jungle Book (return of lion Sora!)

-Star Wars (Deal with it. The world would of course take place in the Deathstar for dat tech look in space + gummi ship route having TIE fighters ^^)
Winnie The Pooh in HD would feel so weird for me, even if they adjusted the artstyle to fit 100 acre wood it'd still feel weird as to me, but if there's a minigame HUB I can't see it being any other world.

Yeah, I feel you can't have a mainline Kingdom Hearts game without Olympus Colosseum, it's practically a series tradition now.

Pirates of the Caribbean returning and going with stuff from the sequels seems like it's something that should happen (plus it the locations and artstyle they go with could look amazing in HD)

Donald and Goofy having their comic book costumes would be awesome fanservice!
I'd love to see what costume Sora would end up having in it.

The Jungle Book would be a really great way to bring back Lion Sora without reusing Pridelands and going with a different world, good thinking Frank!

Star Wars has so much so potentional for scenerio picks to mesh with Kingdom Hearts it's rediculous, a space battle with TIE fighters and the Death Star would definately be my favorite pick though.

My picks:

Returning:
-Winnie the Pooh (Agreed)

-Olympus Coliseum (I'm totally onboard here... I love this place. Imagine fighting off titans as they climb mount Olympus a la GOW. Epic)

-Wonderland
lol

New:

-Treasure Planet (would love to see some universe stuff... Like you run into their ship while traveling between worlds and go to treasure planet... Which has the "heart of the mechanism", totally KH ready.)

-Toy Story (Toy Shaders...nuff said)

-The Incredibles (I'd love it if somehow sora, Donald, goofy, got powers in this world.)

-Jungle Book (dat Nomura love)

-Star Wars (Defstar FTW)

-Sword in the Stone (aka Keyblade in the Stone ;)

-Tangled (have no idea what the world would be like but... Still)

---Please tell us how the action in KHIII will have evolved.

Nomura: Right now there's a demo version that works on our existing equipment... and it's an absolute storm (laughs). It goes even beyond 'bold action'. In KHIII you will have a three person party, but depending on the world NPCs will also join in fighting, basically, we're developing some very flashy action. You'll be flying through the sky unfolding into air battles without landing.

---Just with Sora (laughs).

Nomura: I suppose so (laughs). The enemy AI is becoming rather elaborate, and we'd like for coordinated action to flow from enemies and allies alike. For example, there's a vehicle-type enemy, and we've already got Sora being able to ride that enemy all around during battle.

---Lastly, a message for your fans.

Nomura: FFXV and KHIII are projects that exist as great rival projects that polish each other up as they are developed. At our private conference, despite KHIII being the lucky last and being at a low stage of development, I'm aleady feeling a response. For KHIII, developments unseen in the KH series so far involving online elements are under investigation, so please look forward to upcoming news. This year in Japan we will be exhibiting at Tokyo Game Show and at Disney's D23 Expo Japan event, so I think there will be more information available around those times.

Wow having bigger parties would be awesome... I never really switched to the world npcs because it meant not using donald and goofy but having them added would be awesome.

I really liked how in the 1000 heartless battle you used the heartless to fight the heartless... Cool concept with the car heartless

TGS... So far away ;_;

TheMink

My picks:

Returning:
-Winnie the Pooh (Agreed)

-Olympus Coliseum (I'm totally onboard here... I love this place. Imagine fighting off titans as they climb mount Olympus a la GOW. Epic)

-Wonderland
lol

New:

-Treasure Planet (would love to see some universe stuff... Like you run into their ship while traveling between worlds and go to treasure planet... Which has the "heart of the mechanism", totally KH ready.)

-Toy Story (Toy Shaders...nuff said)

-The Incredibles (I'd love it if somehow sora, Donald, goofy, got powers in this world.)

-Jungle Book (dat Nomura love)

-Star Wars (Defstar FTW)

-Sword in the Stone (aka Keyblade in the Stone ;)

-Tangled (have no idea what the world would be like but... Still)

Wow having bigger parties would be awesome... I never really switched to the world npcs because it meant not using donald and goofy but having them added would be awesome.

I really liked how in the 1000 heartless battle you used the heartless to fight the heartless... Cool concept with the car heartless

TGS... So far away ;_;

Dude freaking treasure planet.

Robin Hood and Atlantis i hope.

Top Bottom