• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No way Pirates will be in. That ship(HAW) has sailed. The movie's are over with, and they had some of the ugliest worlds in the game. I really felt like there was one of the worst choices for a world.

Obvious, 100% In
Colosseum
100 Acre
Agrabah

Seem highly possible
Toy Story. Making Sora, Donald and Goofy toys would be incredibly obvious
Nightmare Before Christmas. Girls love the pumpkin Sora. Easy appeal.
Beast's Castle. Beast is probably the most famous side character in the game. He's usually one of the strongest, and he was important to the end of the (First?) game.
Wreck It Ralph. I guarantee you there will be a Sugar Rush stage. GUARANTEE IT.
New Orleans. I could easily see them transformed into frogs and fighting The Shadow Man.
Tangled. Rapunzels really popular idk. She'll be in it, but maybe not her world.
Pipe dreams
Muppets. I don't know how it would work. I'd take a freaking Sweetums summon and he just comes out and eats a minion or something.
Robin Hood. IDK they put that blu-ray out. ...Would they make Sora a furry?

I doubt they'll do Star Wars. It's too soon. Same for Marvel. I mean, it's been how many years and they still haven't touched Pixar. I don't know, I worry they'll return to too many familiar places like Pride Rock.

I could also see some 'big' summons in this one. Hopefully it'll at least close out the trilogy and like you could get Maleficent as an end-game summon or some shit.

aravuus

I don't think anyone's posted this yet, it's from a Square-Enix PR regarding Kingdom Hearts III that reveals some plot details (courtesy of KH13)

At least this pretty much confirms you're travelling with Donald and Goofy. Sure, there was little doubt, but it's nice to have a confirmation.

I was totally wrong when that KH3 wouldn't be announced until the 2.5 HD collection came out. And I couldn't be more delighted to be wrong.

That clip is totally pre-alpha footage, but the game engine is looking utterly gorgeous and they've done a great job adapting the art style. Don't think Sora's going to end up with his KH2 character design in the final game, though.

Tsunamo

The Famitsu interview's interesting, Nomura goes in-depth about a couple of things.
There were a couple of points that were already covered in the other thread on the gaming side, but there's still some new stuff in there. I'll quote it (in-case anyone on KH GAF's interested and hasn't seen it, courtesy of KHInsider)

Nomura said:
—We were surprised that you would release a KHIII trailer so soon, what with KH 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (hereon KH3D) and KH -1.5 HD ReMIX- still so recent.

Nomura: I know there are many fans who are restless because we have only released spin off titles since KHII, so I decided to announce it along with FFXV. Looking at the stage of development, though, I do think perhaps it is a bit early to be announcing it.

—However, it does seem like the visuals already have a solid direction.

Nomura: Among the developers we are calling the visuals ‘Kingdom Shader’. On original worlds, this is the feel the characters will have. The Shader will adjust depending on the world, so the visuals will match with the style of each Disney World.

—Like FFXV, is KHIII being developed on Luminous Studios?

Nomura: At present, we are going with Luminous as our main and undergoing investigations. The porting to both PS4 and Xbox One, working by overengineering, is the same. For the section of battle in the trailer we showed, we didn’t have time to prepare a clip of it working on the existing equipment because of tool issues, so instead we made an FMV that would give a feel for what is possible in realtime. Even so, the way it moves doesn’t look much different at all in realtime.

—Please tell us how the action in KHIII will have evolved.

Nomura: Right now there’s a demo version that works on our existing equipment… and it’s an absolute storm (laughs). It goes even beyond ‘bold action’. In KHIII you will have a three person party, but depending on the world NPCs will also join in fighting, basically, we’re developing some very flashy action. You’ll be flying through the sky unfolding into air battles without landing.

—Just with Sora (laughs).

Nomura: I suppose so (laughs). The enemy AI is becoming rather elaborate, and we’d like for coordinated action to flow from enemies and allies alike. For example, there’s a vehicle-type enemy, and we’ve already got Sora being able to ride that enemy all around during battle.

—Lastly, a message for your fans.

Nomura: FFXV and KHIII are projects that exist as great rival projects that polish each other up as they are developed. At our private conference, despite KHIII being the lucky last and being at a low stage of development, I’m aleady feeling a response. For KHIII, developments unseen in the KH series so far involving online elements are under investigation, so please look forward to upcoming news. This year in Japan we will be exhibiting at Tokyo Game Show and at Disney’s D23 Expo Japan event, so I think there will be more information available around those times.

Definately seems like it's still very early in development and got a early reveal (even Nomura seems to think it was a bit too soon), but seems like we'll be getting information on it at the usual new KH news events which is good.

The quote about going beyond bold action could be taken either way, guess we'll have to wait for more gameplay before we can sus out if it'll be as bad as flowmotion was excecuted or not.

I should have known that fmv was based on luminous, but it never really occured to me even though it looked rediculously good.
Real question: white face Mickey or no?
If Timeless River appears again sure, I don't think it will though.
At least this pretty much confirms you're travelling with Donald and Goofy. Sure, there was little doubt, but it's nice to have a confirmation.
Yeah, for sure.
New:

-Treasure Planet (would love to see some universe stuff... Like you run into their ship while traveling between worlds and go to treasure planet... Which has the "heart of the mechanism", totally KH ready.)
My god, I can't believe I forgot about Treasure Planet, that would be awesome in Kingdom Hearts!

I was totally wrong when that KH3 wouldn't be announced until the 2.5 HD collection came out. And I couldn't be more delighted to be wrong.
KNEEEEEEEEEEEL

No way Pirates will be in. That ship(HAW) has sailed. The movie's are over with
Lolololo. On Stranger Tides broke the billion dollar club. Fifth film is planned to be released in summer 2015. Guess what year KH3 most likely will release :)

BTW the new Star Wars releases in 2015 too. And I must remind you that they shoehorned fuckin Chicken Little to KH2 just for marketing purposes so yeah ^^.

Anyone have a idea of what type of clothes Sora will have for KH3?

I think they will be wholly redesigned. Maybe something blue+white for a change from the red outfit of DDD? The OG Sora costume was blue+black+red+white and they had black and red used as the main colours for KH2+DDD.

I think they will be wholly redesigned. Maybe something blue+white for a change from the red outfit of DDD? The OG Sora costume was blue+black+red+white and they had black and red used as the main colours for KH2+DDD.

Yeah, I can definitely see the Blue+white. I wonder will there also be new Drive modes?

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Anyone have a idea of what type of clothes Sora will have for KH3?

I hope to see more blue, you know, sky motif and all that. Though I want to see Riku's new clothes and Kairi better cut her hair. It's a pet peeve of mine to see fighters with free flowing long hair. Maybe a halter top and a skort too.

Groof

Not being able to fully take part in these lively discussions is killing me. Love what I'm reading so far guys!

TheMink

ibgun7DevlKyBS.jpg

iAnb9pOu5SfMS.jpg

Tsunamo

Two trolls, side by side.
So Kingdom Hearts III won't have a timeskip?

No adult Sora? The hell brah.
I think plotwise it wouldn't be viable now, although way back in Kingdom Hearts II I did expect another timeskip with a older Sora again for III (closer to adulthood)
I strongly suspect that Sora will get a new character design/outfit even though there won't be a year-long timeskip.
Yeah, same here.

Donald looks fuckin terrible in that poster. I really hope they don't totally fuck up the disney characters and make them look like creepy lifeless dolls.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Toriyama working on KH3?

Nomura: Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III being produced together creates a relationship of rivalry that will bring out the best in each. We did a private showing within the company, Tori (Editor’s Note: Toriyama? He just says Tori) has been working on Kingdom Hearts III among other things, and even though the development degree is low, we felt a real response to it

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-announced-a-little-early

Dereck

“I was thinking of all the many fans who have been impatient for it since Kingdom Hearts II and the continued spin-offs, so I revealed it beside Final Fantasy XV,” he said.

Wow Nomura, you thought fans were impatient? Waiting 7 years for a sequel is not being impatient. I'm glad Kingdom Hearts III is being made, but Nomura is still very much inconsiderate.

“I was thinking of all the many fans who have been impatient for it since Kingdom Hearts II and the continued spin-offs, so I revealed it beside Final Fantasy XV,” he said.

Wow Nomura, you thought fans were impatient? Waiting 7 years for a sequel is not being impatient. I'm glad Kingdom Hearts III is being made, but Nomura is still very much inconsiderate.

I think it comes a lil wrong with that quote. He admitted that 7-8 years is too long.

BTW Lord Nomura-sama confirmed everything between 2 and 3 is a spinoff. NOOOOO

Holy crap I just learned Combo Master at level 55! I forgot they put it in the remaster. This is going to be awesome :D

How much of a difference does it make in KH1? I feel like KH1's lock-on and Sora's homing are pretty aggressive so it might not be 100% necessary, but it's still nice to have something that'll get you all the way through to a finisher more frequently.

How much of a difference does it make in KH1? I feel like KH1's lock-on and Sora's homing are pretty aggressive so it might not be 100% necessary, but it's still nice to have something that'll get you all the way through to a finisher more frequently.
It's very useful for me because I'm using La Vie en Rose, which is too short despite being very powerful. Things that I tested yesterday:
- Aerial Sweep doesn't make you miss the combo against Darkballs (and probably Invisibles) because you can hit a third time after the whiff.
- Atlantica is more bearable because it gives you mobility.
- You can cancel the Slide Dash with another attack.
- You can use Ripple Drive against enemies that like to float, like Darkballs and Wyverns.
- You can chase enemies off ledges and finish them with Hurricane Period.

In the end, Sora is much more aggressive now, combining his KH2 range with KH1 speed. Love it.

It's very useful for me because I'm using La Vie en Rose, which is too short despite being very powerful. Things that I tested yesterday:
- Aerial Sweep doesn't make you miss the combo against Darkballs (and probably Invisibles) because you can hit a third time after the whiff.
- Atlantica is more bearable because it gives you mobility.
- You can cancel the Slide Dash with another attack.
- You can use Ripple Drive against enemies that like to float, like Darkballs and Wyverns.
- You can chase enemies off ledges and finish them with Hurricane Period.

In the end, Sora is much more aggressive now, combining his KH2 range with KH1 speed. Love it.

Great breakdown, thanks. And yeah, now that you mention it, Combo Master would make a HUGE difference in Atlantica, wow.

I assume that deflections still cancel your combos, though, yes?

McNum

Staff is always the best. :)
Only because it gives that MP boost that you can't get otherwise. More MP is good. I kind of wish the other two had something as good, and more importantly, unique to offer. Shield has more items, though, which is nice. More elixirs. But still not as generally useful as MP.

Top Bottom