• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

GUYS!
I'm updating the OP, if you're still doing the challenge just reply to this your progress :D
I already beat KH BBS, KH 1, and KH 2 this year.
Anyways,I need to gather a bunch of info on KH 3. Fuck.

I really hope they don't rush KH3 the way they did with DDD. I mean fuck the wait has already been too long ect. but man it would be depressing to have KH3 that sucked. I hope Osaka team knows what they are doing. BBS was excellent and DDD was good but there was much to be improved.

TheMink

I really hope they don't rush KH3 the way they did with DDD. I mean fuck the wait has already been too long ect. but man it would be depressing to have KH3 that sucked. I hope Osaka team knows what they are doing. BBS was excellent and DDD was good but there was much to be improved.

Hopefully, i think they need to grow some legs fast.

They should be going from completely unpopulated cities and areas to a dense sprawling metropolis if they want to be classified as even last gen tier.

But im not too worried.

If we go back to the 100 Acre Wood can Winnie the Pooh be like this please.

1291654901179.gif

1291654725738.gif

1291653914584.gif

1291653464370.gif

I haven't played much KH this weekend because of the FFXIV beta, but I did manage to synth 24 items today. Only two waves till the Ultima Weapon now. To do that, I had to go to the final save point, and the prize is...

New trophy obtained:
Get to all the worlds in the gummi ship

Looked at a few reaction videos for KH3 announcement for shits and giggles and it seems like 90% of them is 20+ year old males screaming like little girls :lol.

In the words of VideogamerTV: ''I'm a fully grown man, why do I want to play this so badly''?

Having finally finished 1.5 HD, I really, really can't wait for 2.5 to roll out now.

I'm the biggest KH1 fan there is but even I can't deny 2.5 will be unmatchable when it comes to quality package if it has KH2FM+BBSFM. Heres hoping that BBS isn't too rough.

Kinda reminds me of when KH2FM came out. I couldn't believe they would release such a treasure trove of KH. They could easily have done it with just the Final Mix but bundling it with a full remake of CoM blew my mind back then. The OG Orange Box of sorts. I don't remember any other rerelease of a game being such a big deal as that was.

Psxphile

I'm working under the assumption that 1.5's Days retains all the cinema scenes from the DS version plus new "upgraded" cutscenes from the text-only dialogue bits. This thread has been over this many times, there's no confusion there.

But what it sounds like you're telling me is that Roxas' battle with Xion at the end was also upgraded and tossed in, despite it being a playable penultimate boss battle on the DS, where that song was played. Unless I'm forgetting another instance, which is entirely possible as its been a long time since I completed the game.

You'll have to forgive the inquiries. I choose not to view the game's Japanese cut-scenes when it was first released because I wanted to experience it myself when the game was out in North America. I had assumed the "port" of Days was just story cutscenes and gameplay bits summed up on a static screen with text (ala MGS1's Theater mode).

aravuus

With the amount of spin-offs, I'd assume KH 3 would have a thorough summary of the past events so KH1 and 2 should suffice, though I suggest you play KH DDD too since it works as a kind of prologue to KH3.

Such a missed opportunity. Days' mission system with online play was just screaming to get created with an HD coat of paint.

Ehh, no. It'd require basically a total rework of the combat and controls, and it's not worth it for a game with a missable story and a generally unfun and repetitive structure. If there's going to be a mission system with online play, I'd rather see it make it into a future and higher-quality title instead.

Will most likely be announced at TGS. Should include KH2 HD and BBS HD (the prequel).

Yeah, and possibly Re:Coded's cutscenes (even though they're really unimportant).

The big mystery is what'll happen with DDD, since it's obviously got some pretty crucial information leading into KH3, but it didn't get teased in the 1.5 HD credits.

I still think its cutscenes *are* coming in the 2.5 HD collection but that Square-Enix didn't want to tease or announce that too early because they're still making money off of DDD sales. I don't think we're going to get a fully playable DDD remake for consoles, though (and that's fine with me).

Vs. Dark God Christopher Robin

This reminds me - did any of you guys get the Ultima Weapon in Dream Drop Distance? Also, what level were you?

I didn't. For some reason I didn't feel like doing much post game stuff in DDD :(

Still have yet to start a Critical mode run too. Tho I don't know if my nerves can survive critical mode Spellican without having to grind.

1.5 collection doesn't have KH2?

No. 1.5 has:

-Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, improved version of the first game with bunch of extras
-Re: Chain of Memories, PS2 remake of the GBA sidestory
-3 hours worth of cutscenes from the DS side story 358/2 days. Not playable.

And the next collection will have KH2 and the PSP prequel most likely as the playable games + cutscenes from the other DS side story Re:Coded.

injurai

Banned
No. 1.5 has:

-Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, improved version of the first game with bunch of extras
-Re: Chain of Memories, PS2 remake of the GBA sidestory
-3 hours worth of cutscenes from the DS side story 358/2 days. Not playable.

And the next collection will have KH2 and the PSP prequel most likely as the playable games + cutscenes from the other DS side story Re:Coded.

ok thanks. Seems like a sort of odd way to group the games, but of course I'm not familiar with the series.

ok thanks. Seems like a sort of odd way to group the games, but of course I'm not familiar with the series.

It actually makes sense, given that Re:CoM and 358/2 Days overlap significantly, that both deal with
replicants and the attempt to steal Sora's power
, and given that they both lead into setting up KH2.

The big question in my mind is still: if DDD isn't in the 2.5 HD collection, how do console gamers get to play it?

It actually makes sense, given that Re:CoM and 358/2 Days overlap significantly, that both deal with
replicants and the attempt to steal Sora's power
, and given that they both lead into setting up KH2.

The big question in my mind is still: if DDD isn't in the 2.5 HD collection, how do console gamers get to play it?

Well there is still the stand alone HD release possibility but who knows. I can see it going any way, as cutscenes in 2.5, standalone release, no release at all, recap in KH3...

Japanese only radio drama?

Tsunamo

I hope japanese Winnie The Pooh baseball flash game is implemented as a minigame in KH3.
I never want to relive that nightmare again.
It's a bit different to the release order, but it's a good way to tie the story together. The first collection keeps things simple and leads into Kingdom Hearts 2 and the second collections games deals with plot elements that were introduced in later games when the series gets more complicated in the story department.
I'm still a bit puzzled about that myself. The only options I can think of are what Frank said.
Japanese only radio drama?
Narration by Nomura or bust.
I'm working under the assumption that 1.5's Days retains all the cinema scenes from the DS version plus new "upgraded" cutscenes from the text-only dialogue bits. This thread has been over this many times, there's no confusion there.

But what it sounds like you're telling me is that Roxas' battle with Xion at the end was also upgraded and tossed in, despite it being a playable penultimate boss battle on the DS, where that song was played. Unless I'm forgetting another instance, which is entirely possible as its been a long time since I completed the game.

You'll have to forgive the inquiries. I choose not to view the game's Japanese cut-scenes when it was first released because I wanted to experience it myself when the game was out in North America. I had assumed the "port" of Days was just story cutscenes and gameplay bits summed up on a static screen with text (ala MGS1's Theater mode).
My memory's a little foggy, but if I recall correctly it plays before her battle with Roxas, they managed to fit (some of) the theme in there. The battle itself isn't actually shown and it just cuts to the scene after it when her
death
happens.

I was confused as to how they were going to handle that myself until I watched it.

I think cutscenes in 2.5 would probably be the best way to go for them. They'd have to rework quite a bit of stuff for 3D to get a port to consoles, and I imagine that they wouldn't want to spread themselves too thin between the two ports they'd already been working on (KHIIFM and BBSFM), a possible Re:Coded movie, and KHIII development.

Plus, Re:Coded's true ending practically leads right into 3D, anyway. It'd be perfect.

Samyy

For someone whose never played the first game but having a brother that owns 2 and BBS, should I just skip it and play those games?

Stolen from KHI:

The newest issue of Famitsu Weekly (7/4) that has come out today covers all of the new games revealed at E3, as well as a new interview with series director Tetsuya Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS III and FINAL FANTASY XV. In the interview Nomura discusses that there has been nothing decided on the possibility of Riku and Kairi being playable characters. He also mentions that KH3 is the end of the Xehanort Saga, and briefly discusses the new "Kingdom Shaders" that the team plans to use to make an authentic Disney look for each world.

Nomura tells fans to expect more information on KINGDOM HEARTS III at Tokyo Game Show 2013 in September, and the Japan D23 event being held in October.

It's good to know that they will not hide KH3 till next year and stuff. Maybe even get a teaser about a new Disney world at D23? I remember Notre Dame being shown really early with DDD.

Top Bottom