• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Yeah, I'm almost willing to bet they'll probably show one new world like with KH3D.

Could you imagine if they kicked things off with Toy Story?

I'd almost imagine it being Toy Story. Just for them to showcase their silly shaders.

Now that I think of it I think they showed Beasts Castle super early with KH2.

I didn't. For some reason I didn't feel like doing much post game stuff in DDD :(

Still have yet to start a Critical mode run too. Tho I don't know if my nerves can survive critical mode Spellican without having to grind.

Yeah, I started a critical run, but I'm afraid of getting to the first boss. Also,
fighting Julius
to get the Ultima Weapon is already impossible on Proud Mode. I wouldn't dare in Critical.

Groof

According to Jeff Gerstmann there was a ''fuckin pandemonium'' in the audience when KH3 was announced. I'm bummed the audience reaction is cut off from stream recordings :(.

Some pics I stole from PPSSPP thread, even if they only upscale BBS for 2.5 it still is quite nice. Of course new HD hud+menus is the least they can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ECQ4bZyXQ

THESE LOOK SO FUCKING AMAZING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE UUUUGGGHHHH

:lol
Well I guess i'll have to Amazon it, can't play it when 1.5 comes out because of university

You'll have tons of random time between classes to play games. Never understood the whole "I won't have time to play games in College" thing. You'll have more dead time than ever during the day.

Yeah, I kinda think the shaders thing indicates that there'll be some worlds based on 2D animation, some worlds based on 3D animation, and some worlds based on live action stuff.

Yeah, I kinda think the shaders thing indicates that there'll be some worlds based on 2D animation, some worlds based on 3D animation, and some worlds based on live action stuff.

Toy Story, Mouse Detective, Star Wars

The holy trinity.

I know some fans would like command deck to stay but I am curious to see Osakas take on the classic command menu style. I think MP needs to be ditched tho since cooldown system encourages using magic.

Psxphile

It's be pretty amazing if they can get those special shaders to mimic the Paperman look:

tumblr_meq2c1IFKZ1qiu7yxo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhpf0l7UwV1rkrjw8o1_500.gif

Not expecting a world based on a short, but something to spruce up the usual 2D adaptations.

Man it feels like yesterday that 1.5 was announced. Time flies.

I am both excited and afraid to see Birth By Sleep HD. Well even if they made the most terrible port job it should still be gud.

Well I can still be afraid of BBS not being playable because they let some monkeys to do the project. SE has been almost too good lately.

Don't say that, it made me remember how long it'll still take to come out in the west.

Too long.

Too fucking long SE!
That is the price we must pay. Nomura feeds on negative energy from western fans and that allows him to summon forth KH3.

I will remind you tho that it takes longer for them to localize a HD collection than it did for them to localize DDD. Or Kingdom Hearts 2. Or Days. Or CoM.

Can I go to the local store to pick up KH3 yet? And put it in my PS4 and watch a 4+ minute glorious full HD CGI opening with über cheesy english J-pop thing playing?

These drop rates are bs. Honestly, if it wasn't for the trophy I wouldn't be grinding for items to get the Ultima Weapon. It's not even that great anyway :mad:

I'm actually very excited about the shader tool, now worlds can look more unique instead of sharing one homogenized art styls.

I feel like posting pics from Halloween Town, Tron, Timeless River and POTC. They already did absolutely amazing job with some of the worlds how they look distinct. Well it will only get better.

These drop rates are bs. Honestly, if it wasn't for the trophy I wouldn't be grinding for items to get the Ultima Weapon. It's not even that great anyway :mad:

I'd be damned before my throphy shelf was lacking a Kingdom Hearts platinum. Tho Chain of Memories sounds like total ass.

Groof

Is there any in depth info or even screenshots of this kingdom shader in action? They be hyping that shit up but I wanna see more than that trailer.

I'm actually very excited about the shader tool, now worlds can look more unique instead of sharing one homogenized art styls.

Yeah, this. Could you imagine if every world in KHIII looked as close to it's source material as Timeless River did to Steamboat Willie in KHII?

If I can do it, so can you!

(Fuck getting Donald and Goofy's new ultimate weapons, though.)

If I can do it, so can you!

(Fuck getting Donald and Goofy's new ultimate weapons, though.)
Yeah, but I can't count how many times I did this in these 9 years...

It doesn't help that I wrote the items I needed in abbreviations and then misunderstood my own annotations. I kept fighting that fucking ghost when I needed frost GEM, not GOO.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that made the same mistake, haha. Spent a good two hours at one point running around in circles wondering "Why can't I find Mystery Gems?"

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Someone told me a KH HD collection for PS4 might be on the way (includes 1, 2, BbS), dunno but I hope it's true... And we're due for a KH next year anyway.

Someone told me a KH HD collection for PS4 might be on the way (includes 1, 2, BbS), dunno but I hope it's true... And we're due for a KH next year anyway.

For whatever it's worth I have heard the same from two different guys. But only as in collections are coming and that 2.5 is PS4 too. And there is Verendus saying that also (well not saying that but as in there would be a KH game for PS4 next year and I really doubt it could be anything else than collections related). Where there is smoke there usually is fire and honestly after the KH3 reveal I would be surprised if 2.5 at least wouldn't make it cross-gen since it's such a late ass release and supposedly they are using these as a leadup to KH3.

Would be interesting if you are correct. As in Re:CoM not making it for instance.

Let's say that it is true it would be super assholish thing for SE to do if they announced something like that at TGS just after the western release of 1.5. I can see tons of people who only care about KH1 in the collection and would rather have waited for PS4 version if there is one. I would double dip on anything tho :lol

Reminds me that I hope PS4 gets the FF12 HD. Would be glorious. Sad reality is that PS3 is holding most of the HD collections back some way or another. Most are not even 1080P or have great AA and you'd get much better results using emulators. Supposedly 1.5 has been a great remaster but it still isn't true native 1080P afaik or have great AA (?). Also 60 FPS KH would be great.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If I were you, I'd hold out on the collection first until TGS 2013 starts. If nothing is announced, then I'd say it's safe to get the collection.

A PS4 collection wouldn't bother me, as long as 2.5 still comes to PS3. >_>

Collection would be the last thing I'd see go next gen exclusive. What's the point? :lol

I'll get the 1.5 anyway. No fuckin way I'll wait another year to play KH1HD (and the other stuff). Not a big problem.

I already have the JP version of 1.5, so yeah.

Though I'm reminded of Birth by Sleep Final Mix being announced literally days after the US/EU release. Wouldn't surprise me if they did something similar again.

I already have the JP version of 1.5, so yeah.

Though I'm reminded of Birth by Sleep Final Mix being announced literally days after the US/EU release. Wouldn't surprise me if they did something similar again.

Yeah. SE doesn't give a fuck about pouring some salt with announcements like these :lol.

Actually I do wonder if they would release the next gen collection for Xbox One to try get Xbox crowd play the main games at least.

Psxphile

Announcing KH3 for Xbone kinda paves the way for that, doesn't it?

Here's how they'll do it:

Step 1: Release 1.5 and 2.5 as planned for PS3.
Step 2: After localized 2.5 comes out, announce Kingdom Hearts: The Legacy Collection for PS4/Xbone. Both ReMixes in one collection.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit!

Seda

Step 2: After localized 2.5 comes out, announce Kingdom Hearts: The Legacy Collection for PS4/Xbone. Both ReMixes in one collection.

That's actually not a terrible idea, really. Especially if KH3 is going to take a while.

Naaaaah I can't see them announcing it after 2.5. I think it will be at the same time.

Announcing it after would be SUCH a huge scumbag move. Probably why it will happen >_>

Like ''buy the same fuckin game 4 times!'' level. Ugh. The only way I can see them doing it if it contains something really special stuff. Like really make it a big deal as a legacy collection. Includes everything+behind the scenes stuff for KH3 and soundtracks and all that crap.

Psxphile

Naaaaah I can't see them announcing it after 2.5. I think it will be at the same time.

Announcing it after would be SUCH a huge scumbag move. Probably why it will happen >_>

Like ''buy the same fuckin game 4 times!'' level. Ugh.

It's already been foreshadowed:

The only way I can see them doing it if it contains something really special stuff. Like really make it a big deal as a legacy collection. Includes everything+behind the scenes stuff for KH3 and soundtracks and all that crap.

Sure! Actually, some of that should have already been present (if anyone recalls my previous mini-rant about that). But to get people to quadruple-dip, they'll need some real good incentives. Nothing makes people fork out cash like free stuff! (wha?)

Top Bottom