• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Roxas being a nobody pretty much counters the "he is always sad" argument. IIRC Roxas has only been sad twice... When Xion died and when his summer vacation ended. If anything, Roxas is always pissed off.
Yeah, I think that's the way to describe Roxas. He's not a cheery bastard like 90% of the cast, and that's what I like about him.

I also dare say that Ventus was the whiny bitch, not Roxas.

I also dare say that Ventus was the whiny bitch, not Roxas.

I'm not a kid! I wanna go in an adventure with Terra!

vs

Everyone is using me, telling me I shouldn't exist, I don't know who the fuck I am and I only have two friends and no family.

I think Roxas has the right to be pissed.

The new official KH website actually acknowledges BBS Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix now. Yeah, that shit is coming over :lol.

Also Kingdom Hearts 3 release date: coming soon! Riiiiiiight.

Well, at least it was shown. Could be a lot worse.

KBbuoHF.gif

KH BBS FM is coming over and I'm at the last playthrough ;___;
oh well, the FM of BBS is not really that good, at least not as much as KH 2 FM going by what people say.

I've never played KH 2 FM, does it have a lot of content?

Super hard boss fights against every org. member, and you can fight the CoM members in two different battles.
Battle against Terra.
New keychains, staves and shields.
New abilities (like Combo Master, Magnet Splash, Flash Step etc)
New dungeon, that has a lot of platforming and reminds me of KH1.
New form, that gives you the abilities of KH1 (dodge roll and the 4 limits)
Mushroom Organization, which is basically 12 different battle/mini-games.
Debut of the Critical Mode and the Lv1 challenge.
If you buy the PS2 version, it comes with RE:CoM.

tl;dr: KH2FM is the best FM version, by FAR.

Super hard boss fights against every org. member, and you can fight the CoM members in two different battles.
Battle against Terra.
New keychains, staves and shields.
New abilities (like Combo Master, Magnet Splash, Flash Step etc)
New dungeon, that has a lot of platforming and reminds me of KH1.
New form, that gives you the abilities of KH1 (dodge roll and the 4 limits)
Mushroom Organization, which is basically 12 different battle/mini-games.
Debut of the Critical Mode and the Lv1 challenge.
If you buy the PS2 version, it comes with RE:CoM.

tl;dr: KH2FM is the best FM version, by FAR.

You forgot the most important thing for Youngblade:

Roxas has better clothes!

Most important thing for Groof is prolly to be able to beat Roxas up as many times as you want :lol.

Also christmas costumes for Sora, Donald and Goofy while in christmas town <3.

Also there is the new side mission where you collect crown puzzle pieces. Tons of other stuff too, it's pretty neat.

You forgot the most important thing for Youngblade:

Roxas has better clothes!

Most important thing for Groof is prolly to be able to beat Roxas up as many times as you want :lol.

Also there is the new side mission where you collect crown puzzle pieces. Tons of other stuff too, it's pretty neat.
Wait a sec what do you mean by better clothes? Higher quality?
I need 2.5 to be announced right now, KH 2 FM sounds to good to be true. I mean, a battle with Marluxia without the stupid card system? YES PLEASE.

Oh god that boss battle is so amazing. Beating him at level 1 is Souls levels of good feels.
Oh, and the new music that plays in Christmas Town instead of the Halloween theme is amazing.
Whoops, I was thinking about the crowns but forgot to add them. COLLECTIBLES IN THE ENVIRONMENT *o*
Wait a sec what do you mean by better clothes? Higher quality?
Roxas' model was upgraded with better textures. He's not the only one either.
Roxasclothes.jpg

I need 2.5 to be announced right now, KH 2 FM sounds to good to be true. I mean, a battle with Marluxia without the stupid card system? YES PLEASE.
About that..... there's a gimmick:
You have a counter in your head that starts equal to your level. Each hit you take reduces that. If it gets to zero, you're dead regardless of HP. And he can kill you by HP too.

Yeah, KH2FM+ is great. Disregarding optional bosses, Roxas is the best designed boss in the series.

Oh ffs I just want a normal battle against the rest of the organization -.-

It's really not as gimmicky as it sounds. If you're anywhere above Level 50 or so (And you really should be by the time you get to fight him), it's a non-issue. Plus, there's a (somewhat tricky to initiate) reaction command that lets Sora regain some of the counter back, anyway.

Tsunamo

Also Kingdom Hearts 3 release date: coming soon! Riiiiiiight.
Depends on what you'd consider soon :p
In Nomura land it can vary from a few years to whatever time he dictates.
KH BBS FM is coming over and I'm at the last playthrough ;___;
oh well, the FM of BBS is not really that good, at least not as much as KH 2 FM going by what people say.

I had fun with it. The additions aren't that much, but it was still great fun playing it again and racing to the Secret Episode everyone was so desprate to find out about. (which in the end turned out to be related to a canceled project or one Nomura probably wont be making lol) I still have yet to get up to the Armor of the Master and No Heart, but I think I'll just wait until 2.5 to do them now.

And yeah, it has a ridiculous amount of additions that make it a much much better game than the original Kingdom Hearts 2, even without Re:CoM. Best $40 I've spent in a long awhile.

botty

Banned
So apparently Nomura said this:

Sora learned the Keyblade’s truer strength during the Mark of Mastery Exam.

In the latest Famitsu. Err? Can someone refresh my memory or explain what he is talking about.

Marluxia was my fav of the new CoM member battles (behind Roxas tho). I like the doom spell gimmic he has. He is one of the easiest Data battles if you play normally but maybe the hardest if you play lvl 1.

I'd rank the battles like this maybe, I really never got into the finer mechanics yet and shit and now it's been a while I played the game:
Roxas>Marluxia>Zexion>Larxene>Vexen>Lexaeus.

In the latest Famitsu. Err? Can someone refresh my memory or explain what he is talking about.

I think it's about waking up Ven. Could also be for whatever new gameplay thingy they have in mind. ''Sora totally got new powah to use in da real world and now he can transform his keyblade into a segway and has keyblade armor for limit breaks and shit''

Oh ffs I just want a normal battle against the rest of the organization -.-
It is a ''normal battle''. It's just a throwback to the doom spell from Final Fantasy. As WK said you have a doom counter that is the same as your level. It decreases from each scythe attack he connects to you so you cannot just take hits forever and heal it off.

The rest of the members have their own ''gimmicks'' too, just as the battles in Vanilla KH2 had like the water clones of Demyx or the time gauge with Luxord.

It's probably just "during the Mark of Mastery Exam Sora learned that he's an irresponsible dick and needs to be more serious and dedicated to the task and blah blah" considering the end of DDD and the contrast the game makes between Sora and Riku.

Here are the gimmicks:
Marluxia: doom counter equal to your level that decreases by one with each hit, can be raised with RCs.
Zexion: He turns you into a book, much like Luxord.
Lexaeus: Has a power level that measures his flashiness and awesomeness. You can steal his power through RCs.
Vexen: He can analyse you and summon a copy of Anti-Sora.
Larxene: She can clone herself.
Roxas: You can steal his keyblades for maximum OPness.

Tsunamo

No one knows. I'd say it would be some sort of ability that will be used as a plot device to help Sora save some of the people in torment in III.

After doing the solo challenge of Hades Cup, I decided to finally close that pos keyhole in the book so I could get rid of it sooner than later. Also did the ending. That Deep Dive in HD, oh my.

New trophies obtained:
Obtain all staves
Play all minigames
Close the keyhole in 100 Acre Wood
Complete the story section of the journal
Clear the game on the Final Mix: Proud difficulty

Battle Report, first time:

Groof

Isn't it teased during the credits of 1.5?

I actually have KH2FM and yeah, I did enjoy beating the shit out of him over and over. To the extent where I knew all his patterns and could beat him in a matter of minutes.

Wait why is everybody so sure KH 2.5 exists (Even me)
I don't remember it being announced...

Because:

1.Nomura heavily hinted at it.
2.Shimomura heavily hinted at it.
3.1.5 credits heavily hint at it.
4.KH official site hints at it.
5.They have nothing else to release because they are incompetent bastards.
6.Even incompetent bastards like SE would have had KH2 in the first collection if there wasn't going to be another.

Isn't it teased during the credits of 1.5?

I actually have KH2FM and yeah, I did enjoy beating the shit out of him over and over. To the extent where I knew all his patterns and could beat him in a matter of minutes.
tumblr_mp65oe4ehS1qb7895o5_250.gif

oh u
Because:

1.Nomura heavily hinted at it.
2.Shimomura heavily hinted at it.
3.1.5 credits heavily hint at it.
4.KH official site hints at it.
5.They have nothing else to release because they are incompetent bastards.
6.Even incompetent bastards like SE would have had KH2 in the first collection if there wasn't going to be another.
Holy shit, thanks for this.
Now I really can't wait for KH 2 FM
and Roxas

KH2FM additional music tracks are top tier too. I think Fate of the Unknown is one of the best tracks of the entire series and I rarely see praise for it! I hope it will be used as a boss track in KH3 when fighting Master Xehanort presumeably at the graveyard. Either as a remix or just as it is. They did both with Another Side.

It is a bit shame it never was used in BBS.

Really? I always assumed that Fate of the Unknown was one of the more popular Kingdom Hearts tracks.

Compared to how great it is I haven't seen that many mentions.

Well if we go hipster mode for real I think Deep Anxiety is really great track too.
The most talked about track in KH2FM obviously would be Other Promise and what can I say, it is good.

So I decided to finally start playing through for Japanese 1.5 HD Remix I bought months ago, which now seems like a huge waste of money since I know no Japanese. I'm stuck on the damn Destiny Islands collecting stuff for Kairi. I thought I collected everything, but she still wants something. Can anyone translate that for me and tell me what item I'm missing? Thanks! :)

AqHqV08l.jpg

Tsunamo

After doing the solo challenge of Hades Cup, I decided to finally close that pos keyhole in the book so I could get rid of it sooner than later. Also did the ending. That Deep Dive in HD, oh my.

New trophies obtained:
Obtain all staves
Play all minigames
Close the keyhole in 100 Acre Wood
Complete the story section of the journal
Clear the game on the Final Mix: Proud difficulty

Battle Report, first time:
Congrats on finishing up your first run-through WeaponKnight!
Deep Dive in 1080p is amazing eye candy. It looks so good.
KH2FM additional music tracks are top tier too. I think Fate of the Unknown is one of the best tracks of the entire series and I rarely see praise for it! I hope it will be used as a boss track in KH3 when fighting Master Xehanort presumeably at the graveyard. Either as a remix or just as it is. They did both with Another Side.

It is a bit shame it never was used in BBS.
Fate of the Unknown is an amazing composition, absolutely love it. Fit Birth By Sleep (the secret ending, not the game) so damn well.

And yeah, I guess there wasn't much of a oppurtunity to use it anywhere. It's a real shame though after Rage Awakened managed to get in.

So I decided to finally start playing through for Japanese 1.5 HD Remix I bought months ago, which now seems like a huge waste of money since I know no Japanese. I'm stuck on the damn Destiny Islands collecting stuff for Kairi. I thought I collected everything, but she still wants something. Can anyone translate that for me and tell me what item I'm missing? Thanks! :)

AqHqV08l.jpg

Did you check inside the cave and everything?

Tsunamo

It seems to be a coconut (or two), which you can get by just locking onto the trees a little further back and hitting them until one falls down.

Zaverious

Sora is a walking heart throughout Chain of Memories, right? Sora's body and Ventus' heart went to Roxas so he only had his own heart. So Kairi made a temporary body for Sora or something?

Sora is a walking heart throughout Chain of Memories, right? Sora's body and Ventus' heart went to Roxas so he only had his own heart. So Kairi made a temporary body for Sora or something?

No, Sora definately regained his body with the help of Kairi. Roxas and Namine are special Nobodys because of this. Here is how they are described in the Ansem Reports:
With no darkness in her heart, Kairi produced no Heartless, and instead of vanishing, her body remained in the realm of light.
In other words, both the Nobody called Naminé and the Heartless&#8212;proof of a lost heart&#8212;are extremely unstable beings who lack the bodies needed to produce a Nobody. Therefore, they also lack Kairi's memories. One reason for this maybe that Kairi's heart did not return to the darkness when separated from her body, but rather migrated to another vessel...deep within Sora's heart.
That is, Naminé is an alter ego of the Kairi who has directly interfered with Sora's heart. Could this be why Sora and those hearts are connected to him were able to have their memories controlled?
She is a "non-being" in the truest sense of the word; having not even become a Nobody and with nowhere left to go, she is but the most fleeting of shadows.
Apart from Naminé, Nobodies retain their memories of their time as humans, but Sora's Nobody, Roxas, has lost Sora's memories.
This is likely because Sora's time as a Heartless was short, having recovered his heart and returned to his human form soon after leaving behind Roxas, his Nobody.
It would seem Roxas is much like Naminé. Naminé is Kairi's Nobody, but came into being via Sora's body and soul.
Likewise, Roxas is Sora's Nobody, but was left behind because Sora's Heartless regained human form using Kairi's heart instead of his own.

It's bunch of nonsense but yeah, Roxas basically appears almost out of thin air.

TheMink

AqHqV08l.jpg

Over the course of two days;
She needs three coconuts, three mushrooms, three fish, fresh water, two logs, an egg, rope, cloth uuuuhhh i think thats it.

In order:
Hit the trees to her left till they drop the yellow ones.

Mushroom behind the rock right behind where the camera is pointing. Up on the ledge where the ladder to the zip line is, and in the cave.

Coming out of the wall near where the bridge breaks in the riku race. Or in the pond in the front of the island.

In the water swiming around

The egg is on top of the tree in the front area

Think thats all you need to know.

Over the course of two days;
She needs three coconuts, three mushrooms, three fish, fresh water, two logs, an egg, rope, cloth uuuuhhh i think thats it.

I like the image of Sora, Riku and Kairi drifting in the ocean eating raw fish, egg and unknown unprepared mushrooms before probably drowning.

Someone asked a few pages back if Twilight Town was special because Roxas awakened there. I read an interesting speculation that Ventus might be from there before becoming an apprentice. Probably could be true too.

Groof

I like the image of Sora, Riku and Kairi drifting in the ocean eating raw fish, egg and unknown unprepared mushrooms before probably drowning.

oh god that would've been an amazing twist. Finish the raft > they drift out into ocean > time skip to where they die out of starvation > roll credits

Someone asked a few pages back if Twilight Town was special because Roxas awakened there. I read an interesting speculation that Ventus might be from there before becoming an apprentice. Probably could be true too.

It could explain why Roxas awakened there, yeah, given that he's obviously got strong ties to Ventus.

Top Bottom