• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Trigger

It's weird how little background Ven has when you think about it. lol, at his age shouldn't he have parents? family? It's kinda weird to think that he just abandoned his home at the urging of some strange old man. /random thoughts

Reyne

Currently playing through 3D.
Pretty happy they brought back Traverse Town. Love that town and the music. So much nostalgia from KH1. Thought they nerfed it at first but then they added some new much larger areas, basically made so that you can slide and jump around with that flowmotion. And Flowmotion is pretty rad, so its good they making the areas that are spacier.

Also, is it me or is Sora more happy-go-lucky than he was before? I mean, I know he was always that type, but it seem to apply more-so now than ever.

TheMink

This cutscene reminds me that (like Lea) it's important that Roxas, should he return, not have the Recusant's Sigil in his name (since it's actually a means for Xehanort to transform people into copies of himself). Further evidence that the name Roxas (one assigned to him by Xemnas) needs to go - the X is dangerous.

Thats why we will just call him Ven when he comes back :p

Im actually not so sure that Lea is going to be the name he gets called by. Cause the last cutscene shows them forgetting his real name, but idk.

RPGCrazied

Serious question. Why is there an almost 6 month wait for KH ReMix 1.5 HD? Cause it seems like when the date for Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD is announced, we won't have to wait that long, specially since its coming out this year and its not even out in Japan. And its a much bigger game.

Heck, I bet KH HD is already done, manufactured and setting in warehouse somewhere.

Serious question. Why is there an almost 6 month wait for KH ReMix 1.5 HD? Cause it seems like when the date for Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD is announced, we won't have to wait that long, specially since its coming out this year and its not even out in Japan. And its a much bigger game.

Heck, I bet KH HD is already done, manufactured and setting in warehouse somewhere.
Don't they have to re-translate because it's the Final Mix?
Also, they needed to do voice acting for the KH Days movie thing.

There might be a tiny bit of localization time, especially if there are any 358/2 Days cutscenes that need to be voiced and weren't previously (because they used to be text bubbles).

Likewise, KH 2.5 HD will require some localization time for the cutscenes that are new to KH2 Final Mix.

RPGCrazied

Don't they have to re-translate because it's the Final Mix?
Also, they needed to do voice acting for the KH Days movie thing.

Its just text, and the voice thing maybe, but rumor is they are doing the same thing for Final Fantasy X-2 by adding voice to Last Mission.

Its just text, and the voice thing maybe, but rumor is they are doing the same thing for Final Fantasy X-2 by adding voice to Last Mission.

Is there an actual source for that? I don't think there's even been any confirmation that Eternal Calm or Last Mission will be included at all.

RPGCrazied

Is there an actual source for that? I don't think there's even been any confirmation that Eternal Calm or Last Mission will be included at all.

The last interview at E3 said they would be getting the voice actors back. I seriously doubt its to fix the laughing scene or something. It's the only thing it could really be.

Likewise, KH 2.5 HD will require some localization time for the cutscenes that are new to KH2 Final Mix.
Those have no sound in the actual game, but if you switch the language to japanese in theater mode they are voiced.

The last interview at E3 said they would be getting the voice actors back. I seriously doubt its to fix the laughing scene or something. It's the only thing it could really be.
The laughing scene meme still exists?

It's weird how little background Ven has when you think about it. lol, at his age shouldn't he have parents? family? It's kinda weird to think that he just abandoned his home at the urging of some strange old man. /random thoughts
They were probably killed in the Keyblade War or something like that.

Eh, Sora's mom exists for exactly one scene in one game. Riku's parents don't even show up; you don't really get to see the parents for anyone, really. All of the youthful characters follow the "orphaned hero" trope, except instead their parents are basically nonpresent instead of confirmed to be dead.

They just don't have parents. Sora has a mom and she literally doesn't matter. It's very cartoonish fiction, so that's fine. Mickey doesn't have parents either.

aravuus

Not a huge fan of TWEWY but yeah, a real life location could be interesting.

I have no idea what Shibuya is really like tho

Reyne

We already have been at the Notre Dame, London, Africa, Port Royal ect ect. So why not :)

Because they are Disney rendition of those locations? I don't know. Seem strange they would include a world from The World Ends with You before even touchings some of the original locations from their more renowned franchises... I do like the characters though. Somehow fits better in KH than the Final Fantasy characters.

I could see Shibuya happening, and it'd be cool as hell, but I'd be very very surprised.

Kinda wonder, though, between [Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure], Traverse Town, Twilight Town, the Mysterious Tower, Radiant Garden, the Keyblade Graveyard, and Destiny Islands, which one of the assorted original-to-KH worlds we'll see in KH3. A few (Castle Oblivion, Mysterious Tower, Radiant Garden) are very obvious, but some others are not.

Also, I'm curious to see what we have as far as a final dungeon/final area of the game is concerned. Hollow Bastion isn't the final world of KH1 per se, but it still feels like a massive final dungeon and is absolutely bigger and more expansive/interesting than any world seen in any of the subsequent games. I'm fucking sick of The World That Never Was after KH2, 358, and DDD, but that's obviously got to come back if only because it's where the Organization's throne room apparently exists.

I could see Shibuya happening, and it'd be cool as hell, but I'd be very very surprised.

Kinda wonder, though, between [Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure], Traverse Town, Twilight Town, the Mysterious Tower, Radiant Garden, the Keyblade Graveyard, and Destiny Islands, which one of the assorted original-to-KH worlds we'll see in KH3. A few (Castle Oblivion, Mysterious Tower, Radiant Garden) are very obvious, but some others are not.

Also, I'm curious to see what we have as far as a final dungeon/final area of the game is concerned. Hollow Bastion isn't the final world of KH1 per se, but it still feels like a massive final dungeon and is absolutely bigger and more expansive/interesting than any world seen in any of the subsequent games. I'm fucking sick of The World That Never Was after KH2, 358, and DDD, but that's obviously got to come back if only because it's where the Organization's throne room apparently exists.
I guess the final dungeon will be something like going into TWTNW and into the Organization's Throne room and then that will probably lead to a much bigger dungeon with waves of enemies until you reach Xehanort.

Or maybe it will be the Keyblade Graveyard again.

I guess the final dungeon will be something like going into TWTNW and into the Organization's Throne room and then that will probably lead to a much bigger dungeon with waves of enemies until you reach Xehanort.

Or maybe it will be the Keyblade Graveyard again.

I strongly suspect that the final world (I won't call it a dungeon because only KH1 Hollow Bastion really qualifies as a 'dungeon' in the entire series) will truly, finally, be Kingdom Hearts itself.

aravuus

I'd be surprised if we didn't ever go there and yes, it does sound like a fitting final dungeon.

(what was kingdom hearts again btw, just.. a mass of all the hearts Org XIII had collected)

I strongly suspect that the final world (I won't call it a dungeon because only KH1 Hollow Bastion really qualifies as a 'dungeon' in the entire series) will truly, finally, be Kingdom Hearts itself.

Well, technically speaking, there's Maleficent's keep in Birth by Sleep. Incidentally, it's also the only other world in the series I can think of with some sort of puzzle. (The teleporting maze)

But yeah, KH itself is probably going to be where the final showdown goes down.

Tsunamo

So in KH 3D Neku says "See you in Shibuya" and Sora's all like "yeah" This means that we get to visit Shibuya in KH 3 right
I interperted it as a hint that if Neku and the gang ever appeared again it would be in the form of a Shibuya world. It'd be pretty interesting to see a 3D take on TWEWY's Shiyuba.
Realm of Darkness could be a badass final world. We did only a quick tour with Aqua.
I will go nuts if the Realm of Darkness is a playable world in III. I can only imagine how good it would look with the Kingdom Shader.
Who knows, maybe Xehanort is Ventus's father :lol.
I can see it now
Master Xehanort: You are beaten, it is useless to resist. Don't let yourself be destroyed as Terra did.
*cue battle*

Ansem SoD: There is no escape, don't make me destroy your heart.
Ven, you do not yet realise your importance, you have only begun to discover the power of Darkness.

Master Xehanort: Join me and complete your training, with our combined strength we can end this destructive conflict between light and darkness and restore balance to the worlds.

Ven: I'll never join you!

Ansem SoD: If you only knew the power of darkness!

Master Xehanort: Terra never told you what happened to your father.

Ven: He told me enough! He told me you killed him.

Master Xehanort: No Ven, I am your father.

Ven: No! No! It's not true, that's impossible!

Master Xehanort: Search your heart, you know it be true.

Ven: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOO!

I think I've been watching too much Star Wars

I feel like having thirteen copies of your dad in different bodies and at different ages would give you hella daddy issues.

Oh, and do we care to speculate on who the 12 Xehanorts are? (They failed to recruit Sora as the 13th, if you recall).

We know of

1. Master Xehanort
2. Young Xehanort
3. Ansem SoD
4. Xemnas
5. Xigbar (although why it's Xigbar instead of Braig confuses me)
6. Saix (same issue for Saix over Isa, unless it's because they need to be a Nobody to make room for Xehanort's heart)

And we can be fairly certain of

7. Terranort

But that leaves five more slots, plus a sixth that (as of the end of DDD) has yet to be filled. Any guesses?

I feel like Vanitas is a reasonably likely candidate. Possibly the Riku Replica as well? What about Marluxia and Larxene? I'm hoping they avoid stuff like KH1 Possessed Riku if only because Riku fighting a time-traveling version of himself might be a little bit too crazy-stupid even for KH.

And I'm curious to know what the alternative to Sora would be. Goodness knows that the recruitment of Roxas, the entire plot of Chain of Memories, the Riku Replica, and Xion were all attempts to weaponize and control Sora himself or a workable alternative to Sora, so there's plenty of precedent for other attempts to achieve the same goal.

Well, Sora and Riku already repelled their attempts of controlling them, and Kairi can't be a vessel of darkness because she has none in her heart. That excludes the main trio.
Terra is already screwed, Aqua is nowhere to be found and Ventus is inside Sora, that excludes the oldschool trio too.
Also, no FF character would be part of this. Maybe Maleficent? But knowing her, she would probably ally with Sora again to fight a common enemy.

Well, Sora and Riku already repelled their attempts of controlling them, and Kairi can't be a vessel of darkness because she has none in her heart. That excludes the main trio.
Terra is already screwed, Aqua is nowhere to be found and Ventus is inside Sora, that excludes the oldschool trio too.
Also, no FF character would be part of this. Maybe Maleficent? But knowing her, she would probably ally with Sora again to fight a common enemy.

If it's possible to have Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Terranort, Ansem SoD, and Xemnas all as a part of things, I wouldn't be surprised if we could also have Xigbar and Braig at the same time, come to think of it.

8.Isa
9.Braig
10.Posessed Riku
11.Vanitas
12.Ummmm. I dunno. Straw grasping time: Apprentice Xehanort/Xehanort in his prime/No Heart/Xehanorts Heartless Robe Form/Kid Xehanort/Baby Xehanort
13.Noctis. I dunno. Someone to replace Sora.

Some version of Riku appeared in DDD wearing organization robes but it could indeed have been just ''symbolism!'' as it was clearly trying to be or it could be foreshadowing of PR/ being one of them. I don't think Riku Replica would return anymore.

Makes you wonder why he doesn't just grab 12 versions of himself when he was at his best, presumeably when he was a Master but before he became old.

I'd imagine if they really went for other organization members Marluxia and Larxene would not be candidates since they are traitors. IF they really went there I'd imagine Vexen to be the most likely one since he already has his fingers everywhere.

(although why it's Xigbar instead of Braig confuses me)

I always figured that he and Isa did revive from being nobodies but kept their Nobody names since the X in the names denotes Xehanort's control over them.

Pretty sure they don't need to be a Nobody to make room for Xehanort's heart, too. Braig's pretty much been a vessel since sometime in Birth by Sleep.

I don't think Evil Riku has anything to do with it. I mean, even if he is possessed, Riku still has some control (like when he prevented Ansem SoD from attacking Kairi). Wouldn't he be able to repel Xehanort?

... or not, since he could only free himself because Kingdom Hearts killed SoD.

What a twist: Terra is one of the 13 and Lingering Will is one of the 7.

Knowing Nomura anyway at least one of them must be a real sharkjumper. Who knows if he even knows who they are despite what he says.

What a twist: Terra is one of the 13 and Lingering Will is one of the 7.

Knowing Nomura anyway at least one of them must be a real sharkjumper. Who knows if he even knows who they are despite what he says.

The 7 are pretty clear (Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Aqua, Ventus).

also

Banned
Not sure if serious.

Yes, why would a character that actually has seen some action in DDD, which leads directly into KH3, be one of the 7? I mean it's so obvious that a sleepyhead who has literally done nothing since BBS, except smile that one time, is way more appropriate. And it's not like SE went through the trouble of getting people up to speed with Roxas's story in KH 1.5 or anything. We all know they just locked him up in a room and left him there to rot.

Yes, why would a character that actually has seen some action in DDD, which leads directly into KH3, be one of the 7? I mean it's so obvious that a sleepyhead who has literally done nothing since BBS, except smile that one time, is way more appropriate. And it's not like SE went through the trouble of getting people up to speed with Roxas's story in KH 1.5 or anything. We all know they just locked him up in a room and left him there to rot.

Atmej pls. Even if Roxas comes back he won't be one of the 7, Ven will. He has already been named as such by Mickey.

Unless it's Roxas-Ven <3

And what action did Roxas have in DDD? Ven was basically
the final boss of the game!

You talk like 2.5 isn't gonna come out too, dude.

Also, go back to what I said earlier - none of the 7 is going to have the Recusant's Sigil in their name. Roxas is fundamentally ineligible as long as he's named Roxas.

also

Banned
Atmej pls. Even if Roxas comes back he won't be one of the 7, Ven will. He has already been named as such by Mickey.

Unless it's Roxas-Ven <3

And what action did Roxas have in DDD? Ven was basically
the final boss of the game!
He simply named keyblade wielders he knew, nothing concrete. Or are you saying that Terra will be one of the lights too?

Roxas had dialogue relevant to his character while Ven didn't. That was just his armor possessed by nightmares.

Just take a step back and realize how heavily Roxas has been pushed. In CoM he stars in the secret ending, in KH2 he gets the whole intro section and also appears later in the game, KH2 FM+ expands his story, he's the main characters in Days, Re: Coded also features him prominently and in DDD he gets the most screen time out of the people chilling in Sora's heart. Compared to that, Ven has nothing going for him so I seriously doubt he will be one of the 7 lights.You don't just erase or push back into the corner a character you have spent so much time developing.

You talk like 2.5 isn't gonna come out too, dude.

Also, go back to what I said earlier - none of the 7 is going to have the Recusant's Sigil in their name. Roxas is fundamentally ineligible as long as he's named Roxas.

So far the sigil has always taken a physical form, so I don't know why Roxas would be an exception. And the name is Roxas, not Ro-recusant sigil-as. Moreover, if we go by that logic, they wouldn't have needed to mark Sora since he houses Roxas, but they still did.

So far the sigil has always taken a physical form, so I don't know why Roxas would be an exception. And the name is Roxas, not Ro-recusant sigil-as. Moreover, if we go by that logic, they wouldn't have needed to mark Sora since he houses Roxas, but they still did.

Master Xehanort (or Young Xehanort, I can't remember) states in DDD that the X in the name of the original Organization XIII members was also the Recusant's Sigil.

also

Banned
Master Xehanort (or Young Xehanort, I can't remember) states in DDD that the X in the name of the original Organization XIII members was also the Recusant's Sigil.

We already saw that in KH2/Days
rq42Rx2.jpg

Right, so why did they need to mark Sora if Roxas's sigil was still effective?

Top Bottom